You have 10 seconds to explain why you're not using a ryzen cpu

You have 10 seconds to explain why you're not using a ryzen cpu

Attached: img_6546.jpg (725x464, 79K)

I am.

because my 2500k still isnt obsolete

because I'm using an i5-6600 and none of the 2000 series cpus are a big enough upgrade

Attached: no bulli.png (997x781, 426K)

sorry but quad cores are obsolete and deserve to be thrown in the trash bin

>2500k still isnt obsolete
Wrong.
I am. My 2300X is a fucking gem for its' $89.

It's more cores than any one will ever need and programs are not made for multiple cores. Enjoy having 7 cores doing nothing while one is doing everything

Because my i3-4170 is more than enough for what I'm doing

Wait for 4 thread retards to justify their obsolete shit.

Attached: 1544989814656.png (914x678, 191K)

if multiple cores are useless then why do we have 2 and 4 core cpus?

>yes goy imagine compiling your many fizzbuzz.c slightly faster
>stop kvetching and upgrade your shit

My almost 10 year old westmere xeon x5660 @ 4.4ghz still feels overpowered, that's why.

I'll upgrade when I need to.

This but I have a 4690k

Just werkz and plays all the games I like, excited for 7nm Zen though

>12c/24t
>16c/32t
thats a bit too much but anyone that has less than 6 cores and 12 threads should be chemically castrated

Impressive arguments since 2300X is my second CPU after Athlon 64 X2 4800+ which I bought in 2008.

Because I'm going to use my APU until I build a Blackbird machine

Uses PGA when cpu's cost more than motherboards

Because I'd have to buy a whole PC just to use it.

Attached: DhYNqnGUYAAr6cC.jpg (645x729, 34K)

What's the lowest the silicon lottery will allow on an undervolt at 3.7ghz ?

Attached: ryzen.png (404x399, 24K)

Because as a goyim, I must remain a good goyim.

why would you want to undervolt your ryzen? undervolting should only be an option on "95" tdp 9th gen intel cpus which can draw up to 250 watts of power
while the ryzen 5 1600 draws like 120 or 130 watts
dont try to break your cpu to save some pennies per month on electricity

2700x here. Want a 9700k instead

this has a slightly higher amount of layers than the average bait post good job

> im not poor
> AMD can't compete with Intel at any level
this took 4 seconds to write. stay mad, AMDrone.

Not him but how can undervolting harm a processor? Wouldn't it just cause it to be buggy and possibly crash the OS if it draws too much power?

Yeah it technically cant harm the cpu but giving it too little power while raising the clock speeds can cause problems and BSOD's

Why wouldn't I if it's stable ? Worst that can happen is an unstable system, it can't harm the chip.
Sure I won't be saving much (though at no expense) but it's mostly for the heat and noise.

enjoy your quad core filthy shill
if anything i'd overvolt it a bit at 3.8ghz to keep it stable, not undervolt, undervolting a cpu while overclocking it is the stupidest thing i've ever seen
try to run a 24 ho

Because i am not a tech brainlet that purchase performance i'll never use.
So i stick with my trusty i5-4460.

Attached: 1555676192289.gif (500x370, 1.11M)

24 hour stress test and see how stable your cpu will be*

ryzen's weren't a thing when i bought my laptop. that said, are ryzens on laptops any good? desktop ones seem alright or so one of the dudes at my uni who owns 1500 says.

Security holes are fun aint they?

Security holes don't matter
SSD speeds don't matter

Hyperthreading doesnt matter
Overheating doesnt matter
Overpricing doesnt matter
Backdoors dont matter
Insanely high power draws dont matter

i don't really care since i only browse imageboards and watch animus.

I wasn't old enough to be a freetard yet when I built my first gaming rig. It's something I pay attention to now though and one of the reasons I'm going AMD when I finally upgrade

because core i7 8750H etc etc

because 8550u is far superior to 2700u, ryzen mobile sucks at this time especially the battery life which is kinda important in a laptop

Bought a laptop with R3 2300U for GF. Works like charm.

5.0GHz 5960X

How well does it heat up your room?

security isn't the issue, I just don't like 4c/4t under 4ghz in 2019

Attached: 1552657152815.jpg (927x1032, 162K)

Are you retarded?

>Upgrading from a 4800+ to a 2300x and telling someone their 2500k is obsolete.

just get a new motherboard retard

Because I would have to replace my entire PC and my 8350 does what I need it to do

-X299 dark motherboard for 200$ off eBay
-9800X cpu for 589$ at launch
-3200Mhz 32GB Trident Z white 350$
-I have 2 1080Tis in sli that need 16 lanes per card.
I need the GHz and AMD ryzen doesn’t scale well like intel when it comes to ram speed and tight timings for frame times
>inb4 paying for the intel Jew
AMD hasn’t got first place yet, until then ima pick what’s best.
4.5Ghz is cozy
>inb4 micro stutters or sli is dead
STUTTER AHH 6.0 ms is STUTTER AHHH
You idiots should go buy the hardware, a lot of games actually do support sli and it’s smooth.
>pic related sli is smooth when you have the right timings, hardware and don’t play shit tier games. Rainbow 6 siege scales great and tomb raider which I have been on lately. If Ubisoft can scale sli, so can any other dev team. Fuck off AMD cucks

Attached: 70027B4A-0127-4357-B3F8-E3DDD188C131.jpg (1242x1049, 1.28M)

Only reason I got x299 was for 2080SLI
A y y m d cucks can’t get high frame right or stable frame times
STAY MAD

Attached: E3AC041D-3914-45D1-B030-2953DDC92218.gif (349x165, 1.94M)

the average user wont be bothered with spending 2k dollars on a cpu and 2 gpus

Bought it day one, I'm never going back to intel.
Once navi is out I'm swapping my 3 yo gtx 1070 for whatever amd release

Attached: Capture.png (399x398, 31K)

I still need the ddr4 RAM and a power supply. which is basically the entire PC

why would you need a new psu?
ddr4 ram is so fucking cheap nowdays, 8gbs of ddr4 ram at 3000mhz costs like 30 dollars

I use a 2700x my dude, gonna upgrade to 3rd gen when it comes out

6600k @ 4.7ghz with 16gb 3200mhz cl15 ram

AMD is IPC downgrade and nothing intel offers feels like a proper upgrade either.

>tfw 2500k@5ghz 2011 to 2015, motherboard broke and got refund from sabertooths 5 year warranty
>tfw bought z170+6600k 2015 on launch
>tfw GTX 1070 2016 launch

Attached: 1555372977398.jpg (525x296, 15K)

I'm using a Ryzen CPU to type this, and desu, it was more of a side grade to my E5 Xeon and unless I regret it deeply. If my X370 Asus board isn't supporting the rumored 16C/32T Ryzens I might just flip my top and never fucking buy AMD ever again.

When I built my PC, Ryzen had just came out and there weren't any mini-ITX boards available at the time. I had been without a computer for a few months and I just couldn't wait any longer.

6700k is still pretty good, i need new gpu more than new cpu, but i might upgrade if ryzen delivers.

i would have to buy a new computer and right now im still disassembling old ones. when i take apart the old pentium processor im going to do it with a shitty frame rate and add a vignet and some grain in post with it desaturated set to some nin song the old stuff... so its like a snuff flick

Attached: is that gold.png (1625x665, 2.04M)

Because I still don't feel the need to replace my 4770.

the ryzen 7 2700x actually beats the 6600k actually
third gen ryzen should be a good reason for all of us to upgrade because amd will beat intel in every way possible, including pricing

Because I don't want a barbecued PC. I've seen a new computer catch fire when an old PSU is used.
>8gbs of ddr4 ram at 3000mhz costs like 30 dollars
It's not really the issue. The fact is that RAM+CPU+Mobo is basically a whole new PC. I already planned on buying a GPU anyways. Since I'm fully upgrading I might as well sell my old PC, which means I need a case too.

I really suspect it does not in IPC heavy 4-core applications. Unless programs actually won't anymore run on 4-core parts, PCIe 4.0 and ddr5 will be when I'll upgrade.

2700x 4.2ghz + 3200mhz ram
6600k 4.7ghz + 3200mhz ram

Attached: b6493a3f.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Saving up for a pc. Till then, I'll just shitpost about the superiority of ryzen from my i7+nvidia laptop.

my FX system is doing fine, especially in more recent games. i will skip AM4 and go straight for AM5.

Why the fuck do you use anything other than a single core then you faggot?

Ryzen 2000 mobile is busted as there are idle power draw issues. Source is my own a285 and that has other lenovo fuckery done to it. Reports say the 3000 series are much better.

I am though, 2700x in my main rig and 1700 in my vacation home rig. Haven't looked back.

2600K 4GHz still kicking ass.
AMD just barely caught up in single thread performance, waiting for next gen at least.
Ryzen 3000 might finally let me to ditch Intel. Hoping for the best.

Based, everything intel released after sandy bridge was a scam.

i see. i have an i5-5200u and it's efficient and more than capable shitposting cpu but if i'd buy a new one i'd get one with ryzen just to see how it compares.

Thunderbird was shit, athlon was shit, the K6 was shit. I don't want to bother finding out more.

>I'm avoiding a company because of products from a decade ago

Waiting for new gen while on athlon 200ge.

Attached: 1556208740225.jpg (1784x748, 186K)

It works.

Speaking of decade old tech, I'm still using an i5-3300 and GTX 780. It still handles everything I throw at it.

Because they're worse then the premier Intel ones, and I am willing to pay a bit more for higher quality and better performance.

the k6, the athlons and durons were pretty good

Your current tech working is not an argument for avoiding current products from a company that released something you didn't like over a decade ago. All it means is that you're still content with your current hardware.

>gtx 780
i highly doubt it

I'm waiting for 3000

Because my five year old Intel Haswell still works great

Opinions aren't really arguments. It is my opinion that AMD suck and it is my opinion that my gear works okay.

Because I got a good deal on an i7 920, x58 Mobo and ram a couple years ago and oc'd to 4ghz. I don't care for newer games as they are awful. I'm slightly saddlesore that the exact revision of my Mobo doesn't allow for 6c/12t xeons tho.

My argument is that your opinion is dumb due to being based on the performance of ludicrously outdated hardware.

I'm poor

why are you arguing with an inteltard?

Just Wait

... That's why I chose G4560

poorfags should get an athlon 200ge instead of a pentium

Waiting for Zen 2.

>200ge
How many security vulnerabilities does this piece of shit have? 2? 3?
My glorious G4560 has more than 20 (T-FUCKING-WENTY).
Suck it up, AMDrone!

2700x here feels good
Not gonna upgrade till am5 ddr5 6400

Csgo, battlefields, PUBG, apex legends, escape from tarkov all work better on intel CPUs.
I dont edit video or do 3d stuff(etc)

>trying this hard
wtf dude.

wrong

no u

Because I built my computer before they came out and I don't really have a reason to upgrade. I don't even play much vidya anymore.

csgo can use as many cores as your cpu has
any threadripper cpu puts the i9 9900k to shame

firstly i'm not sure you're correct
secondly even if it were correct i wouldn't gimp my performance in 99% of games for csgo

I get paid minimum wage and I'd rather put the money towards something like an IRA