Countries with backwards tech

why is south korea such a shithole?
pic related

Attached: 1555604499558.jpg (2560x1440, 503K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2013/02/14/world/asia/in-japan-the-fax-machine-is-anything-but-a-relic.html
youtube.com/watch?v=nJhRPBJPoO0
youtube.com/watch?v=oyRQSV-yo3g
youtube.com/watch?v=LHBj_aNVbhA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's like that everywhere.

anywhere with

Pro tip: That's how you get 10 gigabit internet to every fucking house in the country quickly. The cost of rolling out fiber in the United States is astronomical because of all sorts of regulations that vary from city to city and state to state about how it should look before, during, and after any new wire is installed.

in europe we have all wiring under the ground in concrete tubes

Looks like a brazilian country to me

well, it's literally a photo from south korea

I live in the northeast US, that looks normal to me.

Have you never been to a city op?

Nothing wrong there. Take your regulations out of here.

Attached: A3eWASu.png (1000x800, 328K)

american telecom is 3rd world tier.

That's fine. You've never been to a city though, have you? Because telephone poles like that are ubiquitous anywhere people actually live if they can't bury the cables.

looks comfy

do you realize that they do it specifically like that in case of earthquakes

>telephone poles
in 3rd world countries like the USA

The Asian countrys found it cheaper to just 'run another line' then worry about fixing what broke.

So like half those lines dont even work.

Attached: science today.jpg (812x1024, 45K)

poles get fucked up way worse than what we have. americans use poles because their infrastucture is decades behind the first world.

Attached: 1538915180218.jpg (645x729, 81K)

uhuh cleetus

Don't post these. They're ugly.

Attached: __original_drawn_by_mo_mocopo__118e64fa302cdd036d138098b8d02bee.png (700x990, 837K)

Google image search for korea ghetto. It look like Philippines but actually it's south korea. Crazy!

Is this Brazil

Attached: IMG_20190427_125726.jpg (3120x4160, 3.62M)

Here's one from Cambridge, MA. Most of the houses in the area are condos, ~1 million$.

Attached: murrica.jpg (1024x2794, 1.25M)

inb4 sel reference

it's like that in Los Angeles except those roads look better maintained

What the fuck, that's a complete disregard of public safety. America is such a shithole.

Attached: america-comfy-where-it-belongs.webm (960x540, 1.95M)

>wires underground
BAKA
its like you dont want cyberpunk feel.

Cyberpunk is gay.

South Korea became a modern country really fucking quickly. It doesn't surprise me that infrastructure is sloppy in some places.

>America is such a shithole.
this

both me and user#2 posted same theme'd meme at same time..
its legit the end of times approaching

Attached: 1556021691958.jpg (491x707, 31K)

based fibers everywhere

TOKYO — Japan is renowned for its robots and bullet trains, and has some of the world’s fastest broadband networks. But it also remains firmly wedded to a pre-Internet technology — the fax machine — that in most other developed nations has joined answering machines, eight-tracks and cassette tapes in the dustbin of outmoded technologies.

Last year alone [2012], Japanese households bought 1.7 million of the old-style fax machines, which print documents on slick, glossy paper spooled in the back. In the United States, the device has become such an artifact that the Smithsonian is adding two machines to its collection, technology historians said.

“The fax was such a success here that it has proven hard to replace,” said Kenichi Shibata, a manager at NTT Communications, which led development of the technology in the 1970s. “It has grown unusually deep roots into Japanese society.”

The Japanese government’s Cabinet Office said that almost 100 percent of business offices and 45 percent of private homes had a fax machine as of 2011.

Yuichiro Sugahara learned the hard way about his country’s deep attachment to the fax machine, which the nation popularized in the 1980s. A decade ago, he tried to modernize his family-run company, which delivers traditional bento lunchboxes, by taking orders online. Sales quickly plummeted.

Today, his company, Tamagoya, is thriving with the hiss and beep of thousands of orders pouring in every morning, most by fax, many with minutely detailed handwritten requests like “go light on the batter in the fried chicken” or “add an extra hard-boiled egg.”

“There is still something in Japanese culture that demands the warm, personal feelings that you get with a handwritten fax,” said Mr. Sugahara, 43.

>The rest at the following link:

>nytimes.com/2013/02/14/world/asia/in-japan-the-fax-machine-is-anything-but-a-relic.html

This is in Colombia, in a decent neighborhood but they're places awful ones.

Attached: IMG_20190427_112306.jpg (2513x2667, 1.94M)

On a more anecdotal level, Japan is also known for basically having websites that look stuck in 1998. No country for webdevs.

I'm still using adsl over soviet-era copper. Also one of the wooden poles nearby nearly fell due to being completely rotten but somehow got held up by a phone lines. It's a city with a population of nearly 700k.
t. Ivan

I have strong suspicion that it's because no one can go against elderly upper-managment's wishes and those managment likes pretty bright unformatted text with blinking pictures and no one gives a shit about opinions of their """web 3.0 artisans"""

The average Jow Forums poster just has too much frogjak in his head.

Attached: Mexico.jpg (1200x1600, 227K)

US has underground cabling
Just have to live in a non shit area

Lived in an upper middle class suburb with modern underground infrastructure.
In 10 years, the power went out three times with a duration of less than 3 minutes each time. Internet line was always reliable, no matter what rough weather was outside. Small local ISP was amazing as well.
Meanwhile, the city has ancient poorly maintained copper lines on overhead poles.

If you pay enough, you get better infrastructure

no we don't, fuck off retard.
>Maybe I will make shit up so that Americans feel bad about how backwards their country is even though they invenyed literally everything we use

Attached: 1496925989771.png (645x729, 70K)

Except for the major ones coming from the power plants in the middle of nowhere, yes, we actually do. And I say that while living in Eastern Europe.

Poles are much easier to fix.

Using avatars is against the rules, fyi. There's even an entry for it in the report drop down menu.

Attached: Untitled.png (281x458, 10K)

Imagine being this autistic.

I'm glad you stopped breaking the rules, user.

western europe. or at least in my based country.

Fucking retar'

japanese websites are based as fuck, they should never fall for western bloated memes

Attached: yahoo.com vs yahoo.co.jp.png (2880x1080, 1.18M)

I cry when I imagine our sites could be like that, where did we go wrong?

>they invenyed literally everything we use
La creatura...

maybe in your shithole
I can't imagine seeing this fucking mess of wires everytime I went outside, what the fuck

>they invenyed literally everything we use
WE

What are you going to fix on a piece of copper that is protected from weather and even cold, exactly?

>>telephone poles
>in 3rd world countries like the USA
Japan is now a third world country?

Attached: l Z1kdP.jpg (624x471, 31K)

disgusting

yeah the japs still use fax and floppies.

>japs still use floppies
really?

>non agression
>physical removal

wew lad

Here is the USA, I like our poles. They are finally running fiber to where I live in the countryside, and it's cool to see all the exposed splice boxes, junction boxes on poles, and cable everywhere. It's like The Wired and the Information Superhighway finally rolled into town.

Attached: l snapshot20110502230349.jpg (720x576, 65K)

i like how this is worded user

Found the webdev.

I've heard that in some places those soviet telephone lines were layed in the (storm?) sewers, so when spring comes and the snow melts, the copper gets submerged and some of the signal disipates into the water. Do you notice connection issues in the spring Ivan?

Attached: 1522815741875.jpg (1024x1016, 193K)

i'm from europe and i have never in my life seen such a mess of cables

Not every country had money to burn after WW2. Cuck countries that remained got off pretty easily, but countries like Japan or South Korea were devastated (South Korea more so, for years to come) and their only goal was to rebuild their society as fast as possible. Two issues with that though, they didn't have too much money to spend, and there were too many of them. As a result, they resorted to stuff like that.
>b-but why didn't they changed policies later when they had money
There is so much traffic in cities at all times that it would be inconvenient on top of costing everyone a shit ton of money. Changing a country's entire infastructure isn't easy. It's the same problem as with countries that never constructed big sewers and got fucked over when they realized their toilets get clogged by toilet paper.

I've never seen such a thing here in the Netherlands. Everything goes underground.

Thanks. When I look out and behold the glorious fiber, it's the realization of these ancient ads from 1994 that predicted our shitposting future:
youtube.com/watch?v=nJhRPBJPoO0

youtube.com/watch?v=oyRQSV-yo3g

youtube.com/watch?v=LHBj_aNVbhA

Its not like that here in the US, atleast not where I am.

We don't use poles my country except maybe in some remote villages but then they look clean and not messy like pic related.
So it's probably all underground.

t. southeastern Europe

western europe was bombed to hell by germans and allies. so don't come here with that weak excuse.

Australia's internet.

Attached: 1553204122588.jpg (1024x765, 284K)

this trope is so fucking dumb it makes me upset

and not once but twice, i remember reading somewhere that french cities resembled the surface of the moon after WW1

I could just imagine putting your hands into a redback spider lair that way working on cable. Or some other horror. The life of an Australian telco worker.

same mate, thank god we're not animal shit cunts like OP and people having in their shithole lands

maybe i'm just copping for living in a third world shithole but i actually find it very comfy.

>He's trying to sell?
>Deploy le snails then dump et

Attached: 500full-igor-bogdanoff.jpg (500x500, 30K)

You don't have these for 500kv?

Attached: Closer_view_of_Path_15.jpg (1200x900, 177K)

Why does gijinka make you upset? It's great.
Pic related.

Attached: 963896_original.jpg (600x750, 43K)

10/10 would live in those.

Redbacks aren't so bad in terms of spiders, not too scary and easy to kill.
If I saw a funnel web on the other hand, I'd shit myself.

I've seen those only in the middle of nowhere passing by when I'm on long distance train trips.

I hate anything that appeals to the drooling weeb hoards

like this site?

The US has awful infrastructure and it's nowhere near that bad here

Your wrong retard, an avatar has to be a digital manifestation of the user posting it. Wojack is a free use character not associated to a single user/person

I meant, appeals exclusively to anime loving cringe lords

like this site?

What an utter nigger.

Attached: 1555117368.png (1000x1000, 222K)

>Jow Forums only appeals to weebs

Attached: nigger.jpg (500x313, 20K)

Who are you quoting?

traditionally, mostly and pratically yes. but with the "recent" mass invasion of reddit refugees i'm not so sure.

you dummy. You are implying that Jow Forums is a site that "appeals EXCLUSIVELY to anime loving cringe lords"

Dunno for Korea, but that's the same in Japan, reason earthquakes. Easier to put poles back up than fix cables underground

>**WHOOOSH!**

Attached: giphy.gif (480x368, 1.43M)

This isn't Jow Forums.

>is that a muther fucking ____ ________

lol, sure some money grabbing domain name change to appease normie advertisers by the Japs makes it "not Jow Forums". Suuuure.

JP ones are aesthetic af

It's nice to think the 90s live on in Japan. I was greatly saddened at the recent shutdown of Geocities Japan.