Mozilla shuts down its IRC channel, likely to move to Discord

exple.tive.org/blarg/2019/04/26/synchronous-text/?s
From the link:
>While we still use it heavily, IRC is an ongoing source of abuse and harassment for many of our colleagues and getting connected to this now-obscure forum is an unnecessary technical barrier for anyone finding their way to Mozilla via the web.
From reddit comments:
>There's been tons of harassment, some team members even had to basically avoid the platform.
So who was in the wrong here? Are Mozilla being too sensitive? Or are they genuinely being harassed? Why and how are they even harassed?

Attached: MOZILLA-LOGO-640x353.jpg (640x353, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.rust-lang.org/2019/04/26/Mozilla-IRC-Sunset-and-the-Rust-Channel.html
exple.tive.org/blarg/2019/04/26/synchronous-text/?s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The real reason to move away from IRC is because it's garbage not because of harassment

>likely to move to Discord
And they think the harassment will just magically stop? top kek

>discord trannies actually want to move to discord
imagine my shock

>tfw can't post loli on mozilla chat anymore

oh no no why do they hate us so much weeabros

>Using discord instead of riot
They truly don't give a fuck about freedom or privacy

Literally noone cares you autistic fuck. Discord is superior in every way because it's accessible and easy to use for anyone.
>inb4 discord tranny
Kill yourself already pathetic beta cuck. Obey your discord Chad master.

very based

>Literally noone cares you autistic fuck. Discord is superior in every way because it's accessible and easy to use for anyone.
current state of Jow Forums

Nice try Nitro shill. Nowhere in any of the articles or posts about this does it say anything about that spyware

blog.rust-lang.org/2019/04/26/Mozilla-IRC-Sunset-and-the-Rust-Channel.html
Rust devs are already on official Rust Discord channels. Very likely the rest of Mozilla will follow them to there.

nu-zilla is trash

>Literally noone cares you autistic fuck. Discord is superior in every way because it's accessible and easy to use for anyone.
>>inb4 discord tranny
>Kill yourself already pathetic beta cuck. Obey your discord Chad master.

Attached: soy.gif (365x400, 498K)

What the fuck is IRC.
Sounds like some old bullshit like BBS

s o y is dripping

>seething

Nothing about the article says anything about switching to discord. However the fact that they couldn't moderate their own IRC channel is fucking pathetic.

They're literally moving from a self-hosted Free Software/Open Source solution NOT to another, better Free Software chat (Matrix), but to a centralized, locked down (((service))) that is proprietary, sells data, and censors users.
Mozilla Shills will defend this.

boomers btfo

mozilla is losing grasp on its privacy brand lol is this news to Jow Forums

>moving from self-hosted solution to 3rd party one
>with so many oss alternatives, choose proprietary one, used by pedophiles and child groomers, that also mines their users data
nu-mozilla doesn't know what to do anymore. and then they still complain that its jewggle sabotaging them, they have been doing that to themselves for years now
also

There's literally no mention of Discord in there false flagging faggot OP

Its not like matrix wouldn't be used by pedos and child groomers if it or one service that used it got popular.

I miss IRC

They haven't publicly announced any change to Discord dumb Jow Forumstard, they won't switch to anything that uses closed protocols since it goes against Mozilla's mission of an open web
Most probably they will switch to XMPP or simply do nothing

I enjoy IRC because i can be a racist without getting banned/kicked, i can be a Nazi and people even agree. Truth can be told without censorship, thats why i love IRC

How long before the non-retarded Firefox developers abandon ship and move to Waterfox, Palemoon or make their own browser?
The Phoenix was reborn years ago after Netscape's death, and will eventually be reborn again, right?

Attached: 1553162718626.png (596x391, 131K)

>exple.tive.org/blarg/2019/04/26/synchronous-text/?s
good, irc is fucking trash

No, everything is accumulating cruft, the early days of the web where we could have changed course and had good browsers and standards are gone, there's no way anything else could gain enough traction without getting just as cancerous.

see: Everyone in their IRC and related reddits are complaining about the general flock of Mozilla members to Discord.

Yes and? Rumors aren't proof of anything.

No. Discord isn't superior in any way & it's far less accessible.

>likely to move
>likely
No one talked about proof. It's just a clickbait title.

never had the pleasure to chat with them, all i know is freenode's #firefox which will still be there

the REAL reason they want to use piss cord is because they're already using it

If they had any principles left, they'd move to Riot.

It's pure speculation from the OP. There's nothing "likely" about it.

why is he a poltard, cock sucker?

>t. i have never used IRC

netscape is sea monkey if you didn't know

Technically he's not wrong. You can just host your own IRC server and no one can stop you.

>getting connected to this now-obscure forum is an unnecessary technical barrier
There's like a ton of apps for this, its not a technical barrier.
This sounds like standard excuses but IRC is stupid.

>Literally noone cares you autistic fuck.
This is true. Also discord is botnet but I still use it. has a point about accessibility, search reveals many complaints for blind people about usability.

Disagreeing with their retarded decisions that continue to see Firefox's userbase plummet is harrassment, sweetie.

I wonder why someone would harass mozilla employees, is it because:
1. they are pushing hard left leaning politics
2. they are wasting contributors money on diversity when they advertise that money go for technology development
3. they are not much better than google on the business morals side
4. they have become largelly irelevant since 2014

also, lets be honest - by "harassment" you mean someone telling the employees either words like "nigger", or "faggot". it can be considered like harassment, but you can also just ignore people who write such words instead of crying when you hear any word you disagree with.

In the end of the day Firefox is currently irrelevant, men are just better at building shit and if you had men with morals doing it, you could still stay somewhat relevant to the tech crowd. Currently only boomers (a small % of them, but larger than the other groups), some linux fags, and some old school IT programmers use Firefox and as result anyone who develops websites or extensions have to only focus on Chrome - after all - it is around 80% of the market. If you still use vanilla firefox you are probably around 30 and with the mindset of a 50 years old, or a hardcore linux user. However, hardcore linux users would still use a fork, so ..... Firefox is literally the new ie 6.0

Attached: 1548361690157.jpg (1024x768, 402K)

and yes, I just want to say that even though I am a brave user, I actually would like to have competition to chrome and firefox to grow. I am currently heavily disliking them, but an alternative to chrome is needed

Switch to Dissenter. It's a Brave fork without the shitcoin.

dude, it is still not ready. I have the extension installed but I am not going to switch to a few browser just to have an extension.
Also as has been stated on dissenter threads before: the future of gab and dissenter are murky - it probably does not make a lot of money because it needs a lot of resources to fight with all the censorship and supporting a browser is not an easy thing. For now, dissenter is good only as an extension and if i download the browser I would use it only for posting on the extension and still use brave.

> irc
> now-obscure forum
> FORUM
what a bunch of clueless fucking idiots.
> IRC is an ongoing source of abuse and harassment for many of our colleagues
these stupid fucks don't have moderators with operator status to kick them? this is hilarious. how embarrassing that an organization such as mozilla have no idea how to run an IRC channel. do they seriously think discord will make it better? fuck no. it'll be even worse, if their claims are even remotely true.
>Why and how are they even harassed?
they're not. the theory going around is that discord offered mozilla something to move from irc to discord. there's been a concentrated effort by many individuals to shill discord because the more users they get, the more money discord can get from investors. they're trying hard to get big name organizations to move to it yet there's far more privacy and security on IRC compared to discord.

> it's garbage
shut the fuck up, zoomer faggot. the only people that think it's garbage are losers that are continually banned from every channel they visit. it's a pattern i've been seeing for decades. STAY MAD!
> superior
> selling user information, handing anything over to police with no warrants, discord staff sitting in servers as "ghosts" to monitor chats, no privacy whatsoever
> this is superior
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
fuck off and die, discord trannie.

kill yourself

>b8 by the OP, didn't even bother to read the article
>didn't suspect that lack of a mention of Discord in the quotes
>(((kikes)))
He isn't dumb enough to be a r_thedonald faggot, but he is dumb enough to not read the thing and reply
Contributors and employees don't dictate decisions, Mozilla cannot move their infrastructure to closed standards without changing their mission
I'm pretty sure he's calling spam harassment for whatever retarded reason, donaldfags can't into anything that isn't Discord, poltards stopped raiding years ago
Leaving IRC won't fix spam nor harassment, you need proper moderation in every one of the alternatives

>We're the good guys goyim, come to the NSA-regulated botnet communication system with us so we can all share pictures of our neo-vaginas!