What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 1*yh90bW8jL4f8pOTZTvbzqw.png (600x600, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZACOc-NwV0c
youtube.com/watch?v=j0SIcN-Y-LA
usenix.org/system/files/osdi18-cutler.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing, the only people who shit on the language have never bothered to use it. It's only flaw is no pure generics but the interface system takes care of 99% of use cases for that.
Otherwise it's a very comfy language to use with nice multi-threading features built in.

honestly i'm just trying to find a use case for this language. i want to make a meme project with it but i'm uninspired

It's particularly nice for distributed services.
Build an IRC server with it.

it's great for network bots and servers

People who are trying to shoehorn a programming language into standards made by a different language for completely different tasks.

A service with a web-interface that consists of a single self-contained binary without any dependencies. For example, gogs/gitea.

nothing, it does its job.

nothing its getting generics, just needs a preprocessor now and its the perfect lang.

>preprocessor
why the fuck would you want such an ancient workaround implemented in a modern language?

Attached: 1491868857016.png (348x342, 155K)

slow runtime
slow compiler
lack of front-end features
incompatible backend toolchain
weird syntactic and semantic designs in both core language and across standard library
strictly compiled
lack of documentation on various places
inconsistent build commands behavior
just a regular stubborn plan9nism of being sassy over reintroducing 80s technology

>slow runtime
>slow compiler
It's faster than java, python, ruby and so on which is what it was supposed to replace.

it's not consistently or significantly faster than java. despite, java is quite slow
comparing it to python and ruby is laughable as those are the worst engineered interpreters humanity has ever seen

GC
no generics
no pattern matching
compiles dangerous code
entire build ecosystem is a mess
designed for brainlets

Attached: rmm19vt8vp911.png (2512x1018, 421K)

rob pikes fault

kys tranny

you're the trans faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=ZACOc-NwV0c

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=j0SIcN-Y-LA

It's not laughable because it's replacing those two so it's directly related. Other languages are faster but they don't have the same constraints for the domain (i.e. backend webshit, microservices devops). Not the user you're responding to btw

at least he kept his dick.
golang fags mutilate their genitals.

Isn't Go the one that's all about inclusivity?

did Go started in Bell labs or already in Google?

I only started looking into it very recently, but Goroutines sound incredibly handy and simple to use.

Why did OP sage his own thread?

The Go 2.0 mascot looks better than the blue one

Attached: yammy.png (512x512, 292K)

But python can be compiled to c and has far better libraries. Plus, it's not made at jewgle

a distributed IRC server?

usenix.org/system/files/osdi18-cutler.pdf

>The paper presents measurements of some of the performance costs of Biscuit’s use of Go’s HLL features, on a set of kernel-intensive benchmarks. The fraction of CPU time consumed by garbage collection and safety checks is less than 15%. The paper compares the performance of equivalent kernel code paths written in C and Go, finding that the C version is about 15% faster.

Interfaces are disgusting and horrifically inefficient

Attached: 2.2ns_vs_40ns.jpg (1024x576, 107K)

It has a horrible mascot

Pretty sure guido worked at google for a while

That's not the same as a language invented and maintained by jewgle employees. Go has jewgle written all over it, down to the degenerate trannies promoting it. Even if it didn't, Python still makes more sense since it can be compiled to C and has far more libraries

>Interpreted Language
>Compiled down to C

Cython is not python retard, its a different language and 99.98% of python code that you will use will not be written in it.

Python is for shitters who dont know how to program. Atleast Go is a legitimate programming language and not for script kiddies or researchers who dont know what a pointer is.

Imagine being this retarded yet thinking your knowledge is superior. I'm not talking about Cython you gigantic faggot nigger. I'm talking about Nuitka. Now get the fuck out of here you tech illiterate monkey

Why would you want pointers when you have references (like Python)? Pointers are one of those archaic and retarded features of Go which were inexplicable inherited from C. You can't even do pointer arithmetic with Go pointers, they are literally shitty references for dummies.

Attached: 1556144905957.jpg (225x225, 9K)

How does google inventing Go make it bad exactly? What do they do?

They jew their search results so the goyim csn't know the good stuff. However, I keep that separate from any criticism of golang.

Well, what’s your criticism of golang?

Not that user, but beacause it's controlled by google so you are accepting vendor lock-in when using it. That may never be a problem for you, and the license of Go would let the community fork it I think, but it's still something to consider over FOSS alternatives.

Refusal to implement generics because the developers are C developers who like using void* (interface in Go) everywhere.

I couldn't get over how retarded the build system is
It made me mad how convoluted it is, it's almost as bad as crates and modules in rust.
I didn't bother getting much further than a few toy programs because it was such a chore to setup your workspaces the "golang way"

Literally you

Attached: portrait[1].jpg (500x335, 20K)