Damn linux looks like THAT?

damn linux looks like THAT?

Attached: 9bff0ce1161db8465c4f1f715af49eebee5d.png (1920x1080, 2.86M)

>install Linux
>make it look like Windows

well, windows 10 looks like KDE desu

damn it's still a shitty knockoff of real operating systems?

>le soulless frosted glass meeem
disgusting

Linux Is Just a kernel fag

looks shit

Attached: 1556289310166.jpg (540x405, 84K)

>blur

Attached: 1544187668645.png (307x403, 148K)

transparency is shit

I hope not.

god KDE is such a slow piece of shit

Why not? Windows looks good, and Linux is actually useable. It's the best of both worlds.

Try running it on anything thats not a 15 year old piece of shit

based

You can do better than that m8.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-12 hover_dark_aero_theme_for_windows_7_by_cleodesktop-dclmivj png (PNG Image, 165 (1626x2570, 627K)

>windows 10, but with less features
kek

Jesus is that ugly.
You can tell the loonix theme makers have no idea about UI design.
It's not art, it's about solving problems. This transparency-blurshit on the entire windows creates NEW problems instead of solving any and it doesn't even look good, it just wastes performance.

apple tier windowing systems can unironically go die. what are you afraid of cutting yourself on the corners? why everything gotta be rounded?

He has a desktop switcher on his toolbar and only one virtual desktop.

Attached: CopyQ.hZqKJD.png (600x444, 241K)

I like the Windows 10 frosted glass "Fluent" look over the macOS one, with the noise and all. Can you achieve that look on Linux?

I hate to dogpile but I don't like it.

Please be specific with exactly you don't like about it.
Otherwise it's hard to tell if you're a jelly gnometard or a jelly wintoddler.

Attached: 1339550542705.jpg (904x1024, 635K)

*krashes*

I don't think anyone here hates KDE or dolphin they just hate the blurry shit, literal eye cancer.

Windows 10 looks like utter shit. Why the fuck would you make Linux look like it when you can make it look better?

>windows looks good
Only XP and Vista/7 looked good.

At least it's a million times faster than GNOME.

fucking stop. windows 10 looks like dogshit. change it now

Styles aren't patented or copyrighted?

If I make my own OS look like a Frankenstein version of linux/mac/windows/android/any-OS and try to sell it, as long as it's my own source code there should be no problems correct?

>million times faster than GNOME
funny

Ubuntu GNOME lags and stutters. The KDE version runs like any DE should.

>Ubuntu GNOME represents GNOME
also funny

Fuck all the other replies, I think it looks great. Can you explain to a Linux noob how you made it look like that?

It does because every other distro is irrelevant for an average desktop user. Ubuntu GNOME represents the whole of Linux to normies. The fact that it's unusable is an utter embarrassment.

Telemetry is not a good feature.

I like it. Personally I'd tone done the blure and opacity

Well for some it helps the transition?

You're just an autist fag

Themes that are supposed to look like Windows or MacOS versions are already a thing. So yes, you can do that.

And? Normalfags don't care about Linux in the first place and complete Linux beginners don't have a clue about desktop environments. If you want a good GNOME experience then use Fedora.

>muh flat colors

>good GNOME experience
doesn't exist

Nope better

Source: i changed to linux 3 days ago and you can do pic related in like 30 minuts if not less, the real deal is ricing WMs

>Linux beginners don't have a clue about desktop environments
The first thing they're pointed to is Ubuntu LTS with GNOME, so their immediate experience is garbage.

+1

Idk, that pic looks like heaven to me

except it does.
Ubuntu is garbage as a whole
>if you want goox GNOME experience use Basedora
this

>goox
fuck I meant good

Compositing with a graphics card improves performance. Gaussian blur with a video card is totally negligble in terms of overhead.

But yes, ui designers in general have no fucking clue what they are doing. Apple had decent UI 10-20 years back but they are just as trash as everyone else now. Muh flashy graphics and flat shit instead of being usable.

Honestly the Unix style command line is the most usable software interface designed to date, and thank God that it actually stays the same instead of this retarded GUI shit where menus randomly get redesigned for no reason.

Attached: 1555966844282.jpg (960x720, 38K)

name the fucking theme

nvm I figured it out, it's Fluent Dark

>Apple had decent UI 10-20 years back but they are just as trash as everyone else now
Apple didn't have decent UX until Jobs came back with NeXT, what the fuck are you talking about? Their UX was so awful that the company almost went out of business.
Microsoft LITERALLY had to pay to keep them alive just so they could tell the US Government "See! We have competition!"
Even after Jobs came back and OS X came out, it took like 3 years for it to stop being shit.

Yes, it does. Obviously if you're someone, who wants to customize every single aspect of his DE (or at least the ability to do so), then you won't be happy with GNOME 3. Personally I don't care about extensive customization. Let me choose a window/widget, icon and cursor theme and I'm happy. Meanwhile I enjoy how keyboard driven GNOME is by default, how clean (i.e. not cluttered) everything looks and the activities overview in general.
Is GNOME 3 perfect? Hell no. Especially their software suite is shit. Nautilus can fuck right off and I don't need shit like GNOME weather. Every DE has its strengths and weaknesses and appeals to a different audiences.

Then blame the Ubuntu devs. The fact that other distros manage to provide a good GNOME experience shows, that Ubuntu is the real problem.

What concrete strengths does Gnome3 have over KDE? As far as I can see it, none. Starting with Nautilus, every little aspect of the DE is lacking fundamental features and configuration. It feels like using a Mac, and not in the good way.

>full wayland support
>sane defaults
>every update contains actual bugfixes
>doesn't krash every 10 minutes
>clean UI

It doesn't require me to weed through tons of option menus, it handles GTK applications better (which are the majority of the programs I use) and high dpi scaling works better ootb (at least it did on my Surface Pro 4).
To compare it in more depth I'd have to use KDE for an extended period of time (e.g. a month) and I'm not willing to do that, because Fedora's KDE spin sucks dick (for which I blame Fedora, not KDE).

>>full wayland support
That I can give to you, though it's progressing on KDE too. Either way Wayland's still not very mature, they don't even have a proper xrandr equivalent
>>sane defaults
Like a pig disgusting dock instead of a proper task bar? How are the defaults any better than Plasma?
>>every update contains actual bugfixes
Okay
>>doesn't krash every 10 minutes
Neither does KDE for like several years now
>>clean UI
You mean 30px paddings everywhere?

>It doesn't require me to weed through tons of option menus
I don't understand this meme, it's not like you have to touch every setting Plasma offers just because they're there. The fractional scaling + Wayland is a good point still.
>To compare it in more depth I'd have to use KDE for an extended period of time (e.g. a month) and I'm not willing to do that, because Fedora's KDE spin sucks dick (for which I blame Fedora, not KDE).
Yes, the Fedora situation is a shame. I understand it's the vanilla version though. I use Kubuntu and it's nicer OOTB.

>>clean UI
Meme for neurotic retards that piss themselves when they see more than three buttons. A little clutter is always better than an endless maze of menus.

The only visual design flaws with Windows 10 are the inconsistent context menus and the two control panels. Other than that it's fine. Windows XP looks like a fisher price toy and 7 is too bubbly. Flat design is just better.

Plasma crashes constantly for me. Since plasma was released they've made it better at keeping state and relaunching instantly so it isn't a problem though.

That's the ux I'm talking about. When jobs came back and before he died. It's trash now though.

>clean top bar containing useful data and a dock bar that appears when needed versus a gross "proper" taskbar with shitty, huge and grossly paded icons.
>you mean 30px paddings everywhere
>muh tablet UI
>piss themselves when they see more than three buttons
Imagine seething this hard. Fuck off with your windows interface

> Using visual styles on Windows XP and not replacing the default theme.

Windows 7 and 10 look alright with visual styles tho. I prefer kde though, probably mostly since Ive used it since version 2 and it's familiar

I haven't had it really crash after switching to 5. Might be hardware related, if it crashes for you then obviously that changes the situation a lot

I've wanted to give Gnome an honest chance but I just want to kill myself every time the file picker pops up. Kdialog is just such a nice thing to have.

A task bar shows you the names of your windows and you know, actually displays all your open windows in the first place. You can just click right into whatever window you want. It's inherently better than a dock, unless you only ever open one window of any given program at any time.

>windows interface
It's a standard PC GUI, one that GNOME used to use before going full retard.

what theme is that?

also post wallpaper pls

>needing a desktop to throw all your application icons on because remembering their names is so hard
>still relying on your mouse over typing
>needing to have graphical representations of folders and directory structure
>start button/menu because a keyboard shortcut to open a terminal is tough
>floating transparent windows so you can fap to some desktop background image instead of using your computer to be productive

Might as well just go with windows 10.

>press one key
>all of my windows are shown and I just click which one I want
wow that was hard
but if miss your taskbar so much there's a preinstalled plugin that adds a taskbar

>an extra key press for the most common GUI operation of the OS
>windows are at random positions instead of a predictable and editable order in the task bar
>have to move mouse across the screen to activate a window
>can't keep track of active windows at all times
And somehow this is acceptable to you for whatever reason?

>wow how can you like something I don't it's like you're allowed

>buttons aren't even buttons anymore, just dots
There's a line you shouldn't cross.

>but if miss your taskbar so much there's a preinstalled plugin that adds a taskbar
The extension is shit though. The design is inconsistent and if you're unlucky it automatically resizes windows.

>an extra key press for the most common GUI operation of the OS
Showing all your windows in realtime in a grid is the most common GUI operation of an OS?
>have to move mouse across the screen to activate a window
If you're against mouse movement, why would you focus your window via a taskbar instead of alt-tabbing?

What's with zoomers and blur? At least us boomers had compiz rocking big ass cubes back then. Look at this ugly shit. Good lord, so this is the power of KDE? Glad I just use Xfce.

Checked
Nice trips

On KDE you can customize the system to your needs if you don't like something, instead of being limited to a crippled workflow the devs want you to use.

No, switching windows is the most common GUI operation of an OS...
>If you're against mouse movement, why would you focus your window via a taskbar instead of alt-tabbing?
Alt-tabbing is faster when you want to visit a window you had recently open. When I want to open something I haven't visited for a while I click straight to it instead of alt-tabbing through 15 windows. Or trying to find it in a stupid window grid.

I actually prefer it because i instinctively and subconsciously know what each dot represents, and i still prefer keyboard shortcuts to using them so at best they serve as software feedback when they light up or whatever once the correct keys are used before the action is executed.

>finding your window is easier in a line of small buttons with text than a grid of actual windows
wew lad, baby duck syndrom right there
>KDE can be customized to your needs
ok cool. All I want to change is theme and icons.

>No, switching windows is the most common GUI operation of an OS...
My point is GNOME's activities overview offers far more than just the ability to switch between windows and therefore shouldn't be easily dismissed, just because it's an extra button press.
>When I want to open something I haven't visited for a while I click straight to it instead of alt-tabbing through 15 windows. Or trying to find it in a stupid window grid.
If you have more than 15 windows open at once, I find it hard to believe that finding the right one is easier in a cramped taskbar than on a grid that shows you the windows' content.

>find it hard to believe that finding the right one is easier in a cramped taskbar than on a grid that shows you the windows' content.
Always been my workflow, and yeah it really is. You have a pretty good idea of where each window is located, you spot different app icons instantly and then you just scan the matches for the window title you want. It's nearly instant, whereas scanning a screenful of window previews necessarily takes some time.

The problem is that Gnome devs think this workflow shouldn't be supported. For that reason I dislike Gnome 3.

Pro tip: if you can’t remember the window is open, it probably shouldn’t be open. You can easily, if your not an idiot that is, keep track of the programs you currently have opened in windows and space them out in separate work spaces that are easy to switch between with a key press + number (specifying the work space the window is open in) you can even separate and stack windows into the same workspace if they are used infrequently while you work in a different space.

But this all really comes down to how much your work requires a mouse and/or how much you actually try to reduce mouse use for the superior keyboard.

>The problem is that Gnome devs think this workflow shouldn't be supported. For that reason I dislike Gnome 3.
I understand that. GNOME 3 is certainly not for everybody. But is it so hard to believe that some people might prefer GNOME's workflow?

>look at grid
>instantly match the window by it's content, because I know what I'm looking for
woah that took so fucking much, a new version of XFCE appeared.

No, the design flaw is the fact that everything is flat and elements are indistinguishable from one another. It's difficult to find shit within the GUI because nothing is clearly separated or grouped. So it will automatically slow you down. Human vision needs details to work best. XP, and somewhat 7 had a proper 2.5D UI which was easy to understand.

>But is it so hard to believe that some people might prefer GNOME's workflow?
A little bit. It's like using a tiling WM without the cool look.

no, it's photoshopped

gimped*

Clearly there are 2. Also
>implying dynamic virtual desktops aren't a thing

That UX is better than ever.
Tiger works like shit in 2019, even if it is better than even Windows 10 today.

Attached: Picture-1 (6).png (1920x1200, 1.26M)

any traps or girls in 615 pls post, will meet

you got it backwards, MS made Win10 look like KDE

>Tiger
Why not Leopard, or since you've got intel, Snow Leopard?

I thought you were describing KDE Plasma until I read what you were replying to

Those are fundamentally the same as what we have today, just with a different theme.
The only real difference is that you could still theme MacOS back then, to a very limited extent.

Attached: 1463994318914.png (1280x800, 848K)

Plasma is fucking great, but kwin is a piece of shit!

>even if it is better than even Windows 10 today
You're the very definition of technologically illiterate.

looks pretty good desu

Kwin is the most advanced Linux window manager. Plasma is a buggy piece of shit. This is coming from someone that has used kde for 10+ years

Kwin supports tiling, scripting, x11 and Wayland. It did support tabbing but unfortunately that's broken in new versions. Just the number of built-in actions and hotkeys exceeds any other window manager. It also supports compositing, opengl plugins and arbitrary actions.

it's made by a pajeet and he charges money for this skin

Yeah seriously, fuck that guy. Tries to charge you money, or use the "free" version riddled with malware.

Dash to dock works the same as the W10 Taskbar. Just maximize the width of it and set favorites.