Dumpster diver user here

Dumpster diver user here
Will it work Jow Forums?

Attached: 1556388392880720044092.jpg (3968x2976, 3.14M)

most likely it will, but I'm interested, keep posted

Hope so, did you find it with a battery and charger?

No, but i reckon i can make one out of an old battery if i can find one. Could i use a car battery instead? Or even a bunch of AA's?

well it's a thinkpad so it most likely will.

no battery, no charger (but maybe one from x201 will do?) no keyboard frame, no botnet
backside had one half gig stick, hopefully i have more somewhere.
I may go back to the dumpster tonight if it turns on, to look for additional parts

You could reuse the old chip from the battery and tie it to new cells you can get off ebay of something. Also most of the cells would be okay, it's only a couple of them that die and then the whole battery doesn't keep any charge.

much cleaner than i expected

Attached: 15563900550831999192475.jpg (2976x3968, 3.67M)

It looks pretty good OP, did it miss anything else? does it have a palmrest? have you tried turning it on yet?

I dunno, there are few connectors empty but some of them must be for touchpad/keyboard frame. Sadly, it wants 16v and my x201 charger gives 20v, so I definitely have to go back.
I know for a fact that the charger is there, but its wires were in plastic cable channel thing and I was too heatened to unroll it.
I'll go to the dumpster in few hours and I'll keep you guys posted

I shall go now, updates will follow if threads up

well shit.
I found the missing keyboard frame and touchpad part, but the charger was for some HP shitpiece, so no power unless I come up with something that outputs 16v and 4A

You are the dumbest motherfucker on this board. Bar none.

I might be able to power it on with PCB datasheet showing battery in, as battery seems to be ~12v and that I can do

T42... that was my first work laptop in 2005. Actually got one floating around still (and a replacement board hung as decoration).
The Power brick is 16V 4.5A and i'm still using it to power my ts-100.
I pulled it out a few months ago... Damn that screen is pretty, BUUUT at least my model does not support PAE , so modern standard kernels wont run.

Anons what is a good place to dumpster dive for electronics? This is never really talked about.

ugh, I'm little scared of even thinking about putting alligator clips to battery connector and firing 12v.
should I go for it?

check your local electronics shop, they might have unlocked trash. high chance of it being a bad idea if you live in some shithole country so keep that in mind.

btw this was not me if it wasn't already clear

whats on the HD

hdd wasn't there, and even if it were I wouldn't know as it would be 2,5" PATA drive. and I got no thing to plug that in

maybe but I'd probably clean that up a bit before putting it on my desk

I took it apart and cleaned it up thoroughly.
hopefully keyboard still works, as I ran some hot water through it. dried it immediately with hairdrier
note to self: do not open that screen again

show open screen

its in pieces right now, but I'll put it together tomorrow and try some magics

you better deliver cunt

Attached: 3am.gif (200x200, 118K)

get an old battery and replace the cells. also, there are batteries for these old as fuck laptops on ebay they're not exactly hard to find.