Why didn't any of you cucks tell me about this?

And is there any reason what so ever I should use LibreOffice or Microsuck Office over it?

Attached: apache.png (1024x773, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_27492410.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we keep our secrets to gatekeep the simple minded. welcome to club please delete this thread thanks.

Attached: 1555862083689.png (1196x703, 1.24M)

>using an office suite maintained by the unquiet spirits of a long-dead native american tribe

Well they're cheap and they have all the time in the world.

LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice, made after most developers jumped ship from OpenOffice's bullshit.

The majority of the devs of OpenOffice abandoned it like 8 years ago to make LibreOffice. OpenOffice abandonware that won't exist at all in a few years.

Yes, because OO is fucking ancient and almost no effort is put into improving it. It only still exists because the ASF is incapable of letting go of their shitty projects.

LO is literally the same thing but better. Even on Windows it's pretty damn good if you don't need any of newer MSO's non-standard fuckery.

They're also dead and therefore cannot exert any influence on the mortal plane - except on certain days of the year, when the barrier between worlds becomes thin enough for them to commit one or two bugfixes.

>she still cares about WYSIWYG text processors
Use Overleaf, roastie

You accurately described how development goes over at ASF

So why they can't just rename it back? LibreOffice name is cringe

>LibreOffice name is cringe
Libre is an unusual word choice, but I think it works here. Rolls off the tongue with ee-ay-oh sounds.

Libre means freedom. It's preferred because it's common when using free in english to associate with price rather than freedom.

I wasn't aware of this. What kind of "bullshit"?

Oracle

Choosing OpenOffice of LibreOffice. Damn nigga, you dumb

There was some pretty hardcore sexual abuse built into the culture there.

Attached: 1556343820529.png (512x512, 162K)

Open also means freedom and its better than free
Libre is associated with liberalism for me

Wouldn't it be "LiberOffice" instead of "LibreOffice" then?

I don't need to use LaTex except for resumes. Most documents I write are just simple header and body.

>Libre is associated with liberalism
So? Are you a statist commie or something?

liberoffice sounds stupid

latex > wps > microsoft office > libreoffice > openoffice

Open means open source, not necessarily free (as in freedom)
English only has one word for free, which means both free of charge and free as in freedom
So, the FSF distinguishes between the two by using the latin/spanish words "libre" and "gratis"

Wait till OP learns about WPS office. Then he'll become an Übermensch among subhumans.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-12 17-20-49.png (1366x768, 209K)

I use LaTeX at work because word looks like dogshit and I find it even easier than word/libre office because I have templates for everything I need

LibreOffice is compromised by glow in the dark niggers.

>pretending OpenOffice is still relevant
Lmfao

For what bizarre reason are you using OpenOffice in 2019?
If you want a free software office suite, Libreoffice has been the de facto default choice for years.

>For what bizarre reason are you using OpenOffice in 2019?
I don't know how to pronounce Libre

how the fuck is an office suite compromised by glows

When your other choices is paying money or using compromised software, you're not left with a whole lot of choices.
See above.

proof?

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_27492410.html

Then consider using Markdown/org-mode+pandoc.
They are much quicker and easier to write than Latex, but still offer many of its advantages over word processors. such as being entirely text based.
For simple documents like those you describe, Latex is overkill.

You mean Indians, user.

Attached: 1548734605096.jpg (530x492, 53K)

Enjoy your double chinese botnet (deepin + wps office).

Oracle management trying to force all devs to follow Oracle's rules and get shit approved by them in order to get commit access. Nobody wanted to do this so the project stagnated and was donated to the Apache Foundation. Apparently the only ones who accepted were a small team of IBM employees who are the main people working on OpenOffice now. The larger independent community has jumped ship to LibreOffice.

I remember I tried R-markdown-pandoc, but had some kind of issue, I've been meaning to try out groff recently.

Or a more noob friendly solution - jupyter notebooks, they have both python and R backends, and Markdown editors

employment

deepin is not botnet, kys user

html+css with @media print and @page + mathjax.js. then you download as pdf. everything is offline. you might need to write some js yourself if you get creative when formatting.

>windows

>Why didn't anyone tell me about a 6 year old version of OpenOffice
tell you what, exactly

It used to be popular but some reason was overtaken by LibreOffice. I haven't used it for any real work, but I like the old skool aesthetic and usually install it on machines I play around with.

>English only has one word for free, which means both free of charge and free as in freedom
open and free as in freedom are synonyms. and i like open more because there is no ambiguity.

>libreoffice install now requires windows update even it doesn't download anything from ms servers

Attached: minimalist merchant.png (356x480, 3K)

it gets the job done in a pinch but if you ever have to do any serious "office" work (i.e. for a job) you WILL need microsoft office. openoffice will irreparably mangle any word document, excel spreadsheet or powerpoint presentation that uses anything beyond the absolute basic functionality

honestly microsoft office is the last part of the microsoft ecosystem that i find tolerable. it is fast & intuitive and has a ton of very useful functions, so i give it a pass

Microsoft Office is like 100 times better and also you can actually share the files without people outright rejecting them.

>some reason
the codebase and branding was acquired by oracle during the whole sun & oracle thing. people started to worry of what might happen due to how oracle used to handle things before, and decided to just fork the codebase at the time and continue as libreoffice, which is in essence what openoffice used to be up until that point

I love how the chinese just copy the proven design of popular software.

trips of truth

but now they should merge libreoffice back into openoffice

Literally abandoned lol

Imagine being so much of a Jow Forumscuck that you don't use certain software because of their fucking name

The point of the free speech community in general (no just the chinks) is to get as close to propietay software as you legally can...

>free speech community
Fuck, I meant free software community.

I just installed Office 2019 Pro using a $5 activation code... and it's working

Kek