These twenty-year-old Fisher Price monstruosities are actually collectible

>these twenty-year-old Fisher Price monstruosities are actually collectible
>$250+ on ebay for one

Attached: IBook_clamshell.jpg (800x467, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/pictures/top-10-most-popular-laptops-of-2009-photos/
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:W4EzleIfa5UJ:https://gizmodo.com/settling-this-iphone-vs-lg-prada-nonsense-261172 &cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: upload_2018-2-11_23-1-47.png (1107x1058, 1.87M)

well, they ARE works of art

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1534546298888.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

People upgrade them with modern components

They were actually pretty nice for the time; Gigabit Ethernet, Firewire, and a bus fast enough to handle multiple full bandwidth DV video streams (if you had the graphite "DV" edition).

I used mine as a portable console for a long time.

Leopard must fucking crawl on that thing, it barely qualifies for Tiger

Based.

Back to your containment board manchild.

Attached: 1530218221961.png (400x1650, 367K)

>$250
Barely worth digging it out of the storage shed, and packing it for shipping and all that bullshit really. What are you a poorfag?

If they were any other brand it wouldn't even work

Replace the /v/ one with Windows.

Last year I got a couple of them as-is for $20 on ebay and assembled a working one from the parts. Fun nostalgia project and it's neat to have another laptop with no moving parts (after replacing the ancient disk with an SD card)

Now try looking at the pic a bit closer. Hint: Leopard won't even run without the modification.

>Gigabit Ethernet
No iBook had that
>Firewire
Only the last revision
>a bus fast enough to handle multiple full bandwidth DV video streams
Fuck no. A 66MHz 60x bus isn't capable of handling multiple uncompressed DV streams. One? Yes. Multiple? No. Not even a B&W PowerMac G3 or a Yikes! G4 (same system architecture and 60x bus, but at 100MHz) could do multiple DV streams simultaneously.

I always thought those looked like toilet seats.
I always hated that retarded design, even back when I liked apple.

They're truly heinous, yet neat in a bizarre way.

iToddlers are mentally ill.

Back then, they were called "Barbie's toilet seat".

Attached: 46460-1532336916[1].jpg (640x360, 38K)

>implying Apple's design was EVER, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, "good" in any way

>college lecture
>only 1 iToddler
what happened? nowadays it's the other way around, there's like 50 iToddlers and 1 person with a normal laptop

They're more affordable now.

The Macbook Pro line set the standard for what laptops should look like, the 2015 MBP was peak design.

it's from a movie you fucking retard

Attached: 1530667924974.png (636x727, 137K)

I said design you illiterate pajeet.

So what, it still demonstrates the point that, back then, it was seen as the cute computer for the hip chicks, hence why the nickname "Barbie's toilet seat".

You tool.

How so? Judging from the abomination in the OP seems like apple conformed to the norm. Are iToddlers this retarded?

Compare the 2009 Macbook to other laptops at the time, if you can't see how Apple set the standard for premium laptop design you are genuinely retarded.
cnet.com/pictures/top-10-most-popular-laptops-of-2009-photos/

no, they're not.

They also reek off sweat

Looks like a regular laptop with a slightly more aesthetic design. What's so special about it macfag?

If I buy this 512 mB RAM SODIMM module, will it work with the G3 Clamshell iBook?

Attached: s-l1600[1].jpg (900x900, 111K)

>no thinkpads
Irrelevant list

>slightly
Can't help the blind, sorry.

Thinkpads aren't known for their design, they were even uglier in 2009.

Attached: 1527287160408.jpg (600x437, 46K)

>these were actually used by artists and people who thought they had good taste
LMAO!

Yes.

cope harder ipajeet

Attached: 1547527387312.jpg (499x356, 16K)

looks comfy.

you do know that productive and serious people use windows, not only gamers, right?

Ok, thanks.

You act like a typical apple fag that thinks apple "reinvented" the laptop when it actually conformed with the rest of the industry

> people
Applefag subhumans were never people user.

Attached: 1550876004425.jpg (400x815, 125K)

If they are ugly why did the designer get prices for it?
Also if they are ugly why do they still look timeless while apple has changed their design fundamentally like 10 times? Why do old apple machines look like cheap toys now while older thinkpads still represent their durability and quality?

And you sound like the faggot that convinces himself that Apple didn't innovate on smartphones and Android was going to do it anyway.

Attached: Macfanboys.jpg (1000x879, 96K)

>why do they still look timeless
They don't look timeless, at all. If you showed that monstrosity to your average person they'd think it looked hideous.
The only reason YOU think it looks timeless it because they've kept that horrid design since then.
Oh, and the Macbook Pro has retained the same core design since late 2008. It's only gotten thinner with less bezel on the screen.

cope harder ipajeet

Attached: 1544027151445.png (615x353, 182K)

i didn't even say anything about smartphones you idiot
also, android wasn't gonna do anything because its an os its not a company that produces smartphones jesus christ

Thinkpads are work machines, they are supposed to look like tools. Apple machines appear to the professional as if they were pink dildo shaped screwdrivers.

>it came out first by a few months so it's better even though it was a useless piece of shit
Are you a chink by chance?

Attached: 1552303319153.jpg (700x425, 39K)

Also, please do tell me how they copied LG when it was announced a /month/ after the Prada?

>it came out first by a few months so it's better even though it was a useless piece of shit
Are you a street shitter by chance?

iphone was a rushed piece of shit in a desperate attempt to copy lg

Attached: 1532686949783.png (868x834, 232K)

Companies know what their competitors are going to release before the public so they compete, and in some cases, release the product first.
lrn2bussiness

It was still leagues ahead of the LG Prada, which you conveniently ignore in this "comparison" to be disingenuous.
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:W4EzleIfa5UJ:https://gizmodo.com/settling-this-iphone-vs-lg-prada-nonsense-261172 &cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

>itoddlers actually claim this unusable piece of shit that cant make calls, can't text, can't do anything revolutionized anything
AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>not mentioning that android was also developed for touch devices and that the blackberry copy would only be the low end option

Reminder that iPhones didn't even have a real GPS antenna until 20-fucking-15. They just used wifi hotspot signals to guess your location.

Attached: 1550838584307.gif (512x338, 2.07M)

>posts the only brand more costly than Apple
lol

Attached: 1530010931772.png (800x1067, 538K)

what's the point of movie if it's not relatable?

Spotted the poorfag.

Attached: 1540638840409.jpg (800x2500, 845K)

Compare the specs on the PB vs that Sony garbage. The Powerbook was rocking a Radeon 9700 mobility, and used DDR2 RAM on the later revisions.

What I'm getting at, is the fact that it was very thin, considering how beefy the hardware was that it had to cool.

>20lb fagbook
visual cringe

The Pentium M in that Vaio it's still usable, unlike the shit tier blazing inferno G4 in the PowerBook

lol no

>Keeping stuff you don't want when you could spend a single weekend offloading random stuff for lots of money

Why are you such a lazy hordefag?

>I CAN PINCH TO ZOOM OMG SO REVOLUTIONARY
>but it only has a syncable weather widget and stocks widget and "whatever comes down the line"
wew lad

It is, latest Fx runs on that Vaio, try to do that on the fagbook

lol. you can run new browsers on a powerbook too but that doesn't mean they actually run well enough to use, the X505 ships with a 1.1 GHz ULV Pentium M that throttles like a piece of shit and runs about as well even when plugged in, absolutely useless even for the time.

stop being such a contrarian moron

Show me a an iBook or PowerBook you could buy new for three figures in the '90s

>what is TenFourFox

>desperately trying to push macshit problems on random computers
Cringe. This is why appletard subhumans are the laughing stock of every tech community and why they had to make their own apple-only hugboxes.

Virgin

almost every modern computer throttles, especially thin-and-light hipster faggot shit like the X505 and new shitbooks. sorry the truth hurts.

in all fairness TFF is a heavily modified FF ESR and lacks some of the capabilities of modern FF

but it's still obvious he's just another attention seeking retard that doesn't know what he is talking about other than SONY LOGO GOOD APPUL LOGO BAD

>almost every modern computer throttles
#JustMacshitProblems

Attached: 1555462818651.png (1280x888, 1.08M)

I have one of these in storage that works fine. Should I try and sell it? What do they realistically go for?

get played

stop false flagging, you stupid shill.

Stop street shitting iPajeet.

Attached: 1551229346374.jpg (1750x960, 433K)

APPLETODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

what color is it. some go for more than others

I just sell old stuff just for the sake of someone else using it instead of rotting away in a box.

I paid $15 for my Blueberry 300. If I was really desperate for an example today I would pay $80-$100 for a clean and well cared for one.

have sex

No, it isn't. I get MCEs for overheating on a Dell Precision 5530 all the time and the CPU throttles intentionally.

based

Not on Jow Forums.

This is utterly false. The fucking 3g had gps.

i'm not a macfag, but this is just willful ignorance.

But it's underlined in red?

You're a mactoddler exhibiting willful ignorance.