youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

Secure CPUs based on current prices
>1600/1700 - for non-gaming; worse in gaming due to slower memory latency
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU that can handle more of a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT
Other CPUs
>9700k - Highest gaming framerates, but still won't get 144fps in everything

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega / 2070 - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / 2080Ti - higher framerates
>Radeon VII - may be considered; needs cooler mod to run quiet
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider 75hz display minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>AIOs don't change the laws of thermodynamics

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: thin-ITX 2400G.jpg (1024x768, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/h6Kg9J
pcpartpicker.com/list/fLbYsZ
samsung.com/semiconductor/dram/module/M393AAK40B42-CWD/
supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/EPYC7000/H11DSi.cfm
dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_A320M-K/PRIME_A320M-K_Memory_QVL_20170705.pdf)
gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c16d-16gtzr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yay 2 pcbgs

What is op's pic and why do I want one?

Thin-ITX 2400G. It's in the file name.
Uses Intel Atom cooler mounting holes.

Yeah some retard keeps making one before the bump limit 3 times in a row now.

So I decided to replace the noisy stock fan on my AIO cooler (specifically the Corsair H60), but I'm having major trouble with the screws.

Only two of the screws fit, due to my dumb younger self buying a weird case 5 years ago. I can't put the fan directly against the radiator; I have to do some weird finagling with the case to get it to fit.

So unfortunately, only two screws fit. To make it worse, it's not diagonals; it's the two on one side that fit.

As long as it's tight, will I run into any problems? Or do I need to fix this ASAP? I'll get a new case in the near future, but I want to make sure I'm OK for now.

around 400 USD
Mostly fart night and web browsing

I'm dead set on an rx 570 GPU but I have no idea about the rest and how I can cram all this in my budget. halp
I have an old 80GB HDD I'm willing to use if spending more money on other parts will improve my build.

Attached: 1512844825117.png (421x421, 281K)

Uhh it's going to be super hard on that budget, when $140 is the GPU, even if you already have a monitor/kb/mouse.
I guess used/refurbished i7 4th generation Optiplex or similar workstation PC, plus replace the PSU and put in the RX570. You can find them on ebay mostly.

Zip tie the other two? Zip ties are fine.

Think that'd cause issues with the radiator heat? This is my first liquid system, so I'm not familiar with a lot of stuff. My stock i5 4690k heatsink just wasn't doing it for me anymore, and I got a good deal on an H60.

The fans (noctuas) came with rubber things that could be used for mounting, but I was concerned with them melting by being so close to the radiator. Or does it not nearly get hot enough for that?

Every single time I ask about upgrading people keep telling me to wait for "Zen 2". I'm starting to lose patience. For the past 4 months I've been holding out but I'm at the point where I want to play all my games on ultra 1440p (with my rtx 2080). Is Zen 2 seriously worth waiting 3 more months?

Attached: 9700k.jpg (1500x1500, 141K)

Who else didnt fall for the amd scam?

Attached: enfpkcbhahaaaanc.png (783x587, 46K)

It's really hard to say without anything concrete to base claims off of. What I can say is anything except intel's i5s don't seem to be worth it.

I own a 1600 myself but I gotta admit intel's i5s are still pretty good purchase if you don't intend to upgrade for a while, they're i7s are absolutely abhorrent though in terms of bang/buck.

Attached: 1402708653270.jpg (940x329, 60K)

It might be. There's also a chance it's not.
It's a risk, some people are willing to wait it out, some people arent.
If you have money and an income, i'd say not to wait. The risk of losing $100-200 after all the selling the intel stuff and buying the intel stuff isn't really worth much when you make that much in a couple days. But to a NEET surviving off Christmas money it's everything.

I can afford it but my only worry is that after getting the 9700k for $520 (CAD) then the 3600x comes out for ~$300CAD that has the same performance as the 9900k with less power consumption. That would make my 9700k worth ~$250 and reselling stuff Isn't worth it for me so I just throw my old electronics in the trash.

I get your argument here for waiting and not wanting to waste money.

But if you could sell the cpu for 250 yet would instead just chunk it, that seems ridiculous. At minimum at least find a shop that buys used stuff if you don't want to ebay/etc.

Noob here. When it comes to video cards, do the different tiers just give more OC and better cooling? Like say a founders 2080ti vs a evga 2080ti. The inner components are still the same no matter what? I'm just trying to figure out why some companies have so many different versions of the same model card.

no lol. the screws aren't cooling the system.

Isn't there only a small handful of games that the 2700X can't drive the 2080 in at 1440p? They're generally GPU bottlenecked.
Anyway, no one knows just how good it'll be for gaming, just that it'll definitely BTFO Intel in everything else.
I've heard chinese rumors of 50ns memory being achievable which puts it pretty on par with Intel.

If you have a running PC, it's best to wait. If you have to build a PC now, I still wouldn't get those housefire CPUs. They not only cost a ton now but you'll be paying extra in electricity.

>speccy user
>1080p user
>spinning rust user
yikes what a representative

Quieter/better cooling, yes.
But with the RTX cards, they also have different binning of dies which they misleadingly sell as a different product.
I saw a Gamer's Nexus test of an A-die card vs the best non-A-die card, and the later had up to 20% worse 1% minimums in a couple of games compared to the A-die. That is a crazy amount of difference, which is also partially to a lack of thermal throttling on the A-die card which also has a better cooler.
So with those cards, it matters more than usual which model you get.

And yes, it is difficult to tell if a card is A-die or not. One give away is that non-A-die are at reference clocks while A-die have factory OCs.

yep that's the risk.
Generally second hand market take a while to respond to information like this, specifically intel and nvidia's markets since a lot of buyers of those products cant even believe a world where AMD products are good.
That's also a risk in buying AMD products. They have jack shit resell value when you're done with them. I'll be lucking to get $90 for 1600 when I go to sell it i bet. but a 2600K can probably sell for more than that. Part of that is intel stupidity, part of it is also that there's a lot of people with 2500K's or worse looking for a cheap upgrade.
Either way you shouldn't be too worried about it

That is quite a pickle. Whatever jump zen 2 is going to be from zen+ is going to be mainly from an IPC uplift and clock uplift. A conservative estimate yields 200-300MHz higher clocks and around 10% higher IPC. That'd mean at least a 4.6GHz 8-core with the performance of zen+ at ~5GHz. It would be pretty unusual if AMD did anything less than that. I'd wager strongly waiting for zen 2 would be worth it if you're looking to do a 1 time investment.

Intel really doesn't know what to do anymore, their 10nm desktop chips keep getting delayed over and over again and they've hit a pretty hard clock ceiling and thermals are getting really out of hand (see i9-9900K consume 300W at 5.1 GHz). I wouldn't trust them to deliver anytime soon.

Wow, getting a new video card just became a whole lot more confusing. Does AMD do that die thing too?

Re: the screws not cooling the system

Doesn't the radiator get hot, though? Or am I completely misunderstanding how it works? I had the impression that the liquid transfers heat to the radiator, which gets cooled through airflow. I'm a complete newbie to liquid cooling.

It doesn't really matter performance wise. It's at most a 5% gap as lower tier cards can also be OC'd fairly well to close the gap. The largest different is how loud the coolers are, which may not matter as much if you have a good sound dampening case like the be quiet's, fractal design define r6 and define s2.

Not him but worse: they overvolt. RX/VEGA has a long record of having 100-200mV higher than what is necessary. It was mainly done to improve yield rate and drive GPU production prices down but it backfired pretty badly. A lot of the time their cards gain 5-10% higher performance from undervolting alone as turbo clocks are maintained for longer under load. The only reason to go with better cooling on AMD cards is if you want less noise and higher overclock but other than that as long as the cheap msi/powercooler blower cards aren't DOA when you get they you'll be fine with them.

No, they don't. Though you still want to look for one with a decent cooler either way.
You still have the usual silicon lottery though when it comes to overclocking, but stock performance doesn't vary as much as the RTX A-die vs non-A-die do.

5% on AVERAGE but minimums are affected a lot more as Gamer's Nexus showed.

Help me finish my parts list
pcpartpicker.com/list/h6Kg9J

What refrigerant water chiller are you planning to use?

So, what is your real price range?
I dont care if you posted that ironically or anything I just wanna know what you can really afford because i'm curious

>So, what is your real price range?
$40k

Well as long as you're having fun

Thank's, but what do you have to add?

My budget is a little over 1k USD
I primarily play games and brows on it. I occasionally do video/photo editing. I game in 1080p at 144hz.
I'm trying to downsize to a matx build, but upgrading my CPU at the same time. I already have the GPU and SSD for the build. They're just on the list to give you an idea of what I will be working with.
The main thing I need help with is picking a mobo. I shouldn't be ocing anything, so I don't need anything too crazy.
pcpartpicker.com/list/fLbYsZ

I dont help people with fantasy builds
You'll find what you're looking for on reddit or the LTT forums. No joke.
/pcbg/ is for poorfags

Is a Ryzen 3 2200G and a GTX 750ti a good combo? I currently have the GPU and it performs quite well in new titles, however the CPU is holding me back on games such as BF1 and Insurgency which the 750ti can handle (in terms of graphics) but the CPU falls behind. My budget is a little tight since my mobo is DDR3, which means I have to get the Ryzen plus the AM4 board plus the ram. I was also looking at one of those FX CPUs. I've seen some benchmarks and they perform quite well. What do you guys think?

Attached: 1534099806484.jpg (794x1108, 103K)

Because this one is an AMD shill.

Looks good.
Hope you plan to upgrade every year as "best PC" won't stay the best for long.

Yes.

2700X will be a lot better with video editing, and cheaper.
Get a better cooler.
You are overpaying for that PSU. You can get a fanless platinum for that money.
Get better fans wtf. You can get a 5 pack of Arctic for the price of one of those.

That build is really bad.

I imagine that it's only the part of the radiator specifically designed to radiate heat (the fins) that gets particularly hot, and even then, it will never get hot if you have proper airflow.
If it's REALLY a concern for you, just use paperclips or high-op-temp zipties to secure your fan to your rad.

Thanks! I'll get on that in the morning, then.

The rubber mounts are to dampen against transferring vibrations and maybe seal a bit better against their mount (the radiators). Otherwise yes it's the fins that are getting hot from the pipes to get air-cooled, not the metal enclosure around them. They're essentially not any different from air-cooled cpu heat sink towers, just moving where the cooling is happening.

>I'm trying to downsize to a matx build
Case-wise, the size is barely different from atx to matx. If you really want to downsize, you should try to do an itx build. AssRock has an itx version of the same board for $10 more and even comes with wifi. Only concern looking through itx cases is the length of the gpu and what size radiators it accepts.
The main drawback of itx is you can't expand your RAM, you'll end up needing completely new sticks. And if you go super smol, cable/space management.

Gonna get this for 1440p gaming as well as general desktop shit. Any red flags or parts that I should look for?
>in4 wait for ryzen 3XXX
Yeah, I am, this is just for visualization purposes.

Attached: ryzen 2700X rtx 2080 build.png (1050x1196, 96K)

What is the highest possible RAM i can achieve?
Also, something that has been on my mind for quite some time, i know motherboards are limit about how many things they cant fit in, but could i somehow link motherboards to use a ton of cpus?
I want to make a mini supercomputer

A bunch of these samsung.com/semiconductor/dram/module/M393AAK40B42-CWD/
On one of these supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/EPYC7000/H11DSi.cfm
Would give you 2TB and still fit in regular cases.

Attached: nenethink.png (233x311, 28K)

Monitor seems really overpriced.
Change memory to dual channel. You can get dual rank 2x16gb b-die kit for around $300.
You can get 1Tb for the price of that NVMeme.
For that PSU price you could get a platinum rated fanless pretty much.
I'm not a fan of logitech mice but whatever
Why the hell don't you just get the Crosshair board which has wifibuilt in? Granted, the PCE-AC68 is really good and I'm not sure how the Crosshair onboard compares, but maybe look into it.

Sexy.
There are actually 256Gb DIMMs like that so you can get the full 4Tb off just the 16 slots.

Thinking of upgrading to a 144hz monitor, but unfamiliar with the market. What are the most reliable brands and are there any monitors people would recommend? Don't really want anything larger than 27 inches because I haven't got enough space for something too much above that without buying a whole new desk (which, honestly, I probably should do anyway, so if anyone wants to recommend one of those..)

The Mbest one is the best 1440p 144hz SDR monitor and it's also only around $300.
for 1080p the options are far worse. MSI Optix is okay I hear but idk.

what is the best bang for the buck gpu these days?

Thanks, is Mbest the brand name? I can't find any by that brand locally, and I don't really want to import unless I have to. because I don't trust it to arrive undamaged

750ti used is barely cheaper than RX570 used (which is also barely cheaper than a used 4gb RX580). For the amount of performance you're gaining it's better to just grab some $80 RX580

>Arctic fans
>Good

how does that PC not blow up without commons stand offs?

>NO Speccy
Wait, is speccy bad?
why?

Noooo bros we tried shilling so hard but we still lost...

user says he has the 750ti already.
That said... yeah selling the 750ti for like $40 or whatever and getting a used RX580 for $40 can be really good. Though you risk getting a busted card.

... because it's not on a conductive surface?

Attached: firefox_2019-04-28_06-12-55.png (934x780, 65K)

Time to sell

Other than the useless temps it provides, I like speccy.

If you like IPS, the Asus VG279 is a good option for a 1080p 144hz.

I'm currently using a 2600k and with a 290x @ 1080p. I'm trying to hold off on upgrading until next year. Is there any video card that could be a decent upgrade from my 290x or have I hit the limit?

Attached: 1388201583337.jpg (540x543, 149K)

>the only air flow over the other components of the mainboard is hot exhaust air of the cpu cooler

Looks good, is shit, will die one day within its usage time without warning.

Letting a company build my PC was the biggest mistake I ever made. (10 years ago)
You get less warranty and the retard hotglued the PCI-e slot after breaking it. My GTX295 fell out 3 years later and broke.

Luckily I learned the very first time.

1080p pleb here, want to upgrade from my 970 but don't have a huge budget.
Current considerations are a used 980 Ti, or a new/used 1660 Ti. Could I get some advice/other recs?

>CPU fan error
>Buy a new fan
>CPU fan error
>set cpu fan monitoring to ignore

Attached: c4jt321.png (580x282, 286K)

>tfw there is DRM now on PWM fan controllers

I worked at a small PC builder once.
One day an upset customer comes in with a machine where the stock cooler has broken.
My boss immediately tries to sell him an expensive aftermarket cooler, citing whatever reason about warranty and opening the machine himself.
The customer becomes angry instead.
It ends with me telling my boss I'd just stick in a new stock cooler of which we have filled a big box, and we'd do it for free to let the customer go.

You have no idea about what you're opining on.

You can find used Vega56 for like $200.

Is 1060 6gb enough for 1440p?
I know it isn't for newer games on ultra settings since the fps will take a huge hit. But has anyone tried gaming on 2560 x 1080?

>You can find used Vega56 for like $200.
>used minder blower card
wow what a great deal for gamers

Hadn't even considered a Vega56, what are AMD drivers like these days?

I'm currently using R52600 + GTX 1050 TI.
My friend is selling me a used Zotac GTX 1080 Mini.
Is the GPU good with R5 2600 at 1080p?

>but still won't get 144fps in everything
Intel does tho

Attached: 1556281179956.png (2259x1372, 1.87M)

>implying the 980Ti wasn't mined on and the 1660ti isn't being sold used a month after release because it's busted and they're being fucked on the warranty service
okay, kiddo

It's a little behind the 580 at 1440p, but it can do it on lower settings, sure. Digital Foundry often tests console ports on PC with both the 580 and 1060 at 1440p or 1620p with the same settings the Xbox One X appears to use.

No, don't do ultrashort.

>1 game is everything
Blatant trolling.

>The waterforce
Why? Monoblocks are worse than dedicated CPU blocks and the VRMS never go past 60 on Aorus boards also why get cards with AIOs and not waterblocks?

>look how bad nvidia cards are!
>you should buy AMD!
wew

A German fella was selling a used 'like new' 1080 Ti on Amazon for 330 euro. I contacted him asking if he ships to Europe and he said some suspicious things, like that the card is actually new, not used, and they're doing a '3 for 2' deal.
Should I ignore it and spend 700 euro on a 2080? The second hand market is incredibly Jewish in Europe. Every other 1080 Ti is priced at 700+ anyways.

>Consider 75hz display minimum
this meme is retarded

>what are AMD drivers like these days?
They have unironically been better than Nvidia's since December 2016 or so.
Nvidia drivers keep getting worse while AMDs have gotten better.
Nvidia keeps missing game-ready driver updates for new games.
Relive is better than Shadowplay now.
AMD drivers don't require a geforce login.
AMD has AMD Link for any Android device instead of requiring an Nvidia Shield or Android TV.
AMD drivers are more stable when using professional software.
Meanwhile, the past 2 years, Nvidia drivers have introduced flickering issues, still having fixed problems with mismatched multi-monitor frequencies, etc.
And a long list of other shit I can't even remember.

Sure

>why get cards with AIOs and not waterblocks?
Because unscrewing a few screws, applying new paste, and skewing on a new cooler is too difficult for brainlets like that.

>Should I spend 700 euro on a card with only 8Gb of VRAM and it's not even an A-die card

is this a good ssd?

Attached: file.png (1280x895, 1.39M)

You can literally buy cards with waterblocks on them lol

Attached: GIGABYTE_GeForce_RTX_2080_Ti_XTREME_WATERFORCE_WB_11G__Grafikkarte@@jhxy0r06.jpg (961x961, 200K)

I wont buy any secondhand tech unless it was literally given to me. Also if you think it sounds slightly suspicious then its a nope.

yes*

*depends on price

>They have unironically been better than Nvidia's since December 2016 or so.
Well shit. Guess I might consider getting a Vega56 then, thanks user. I'll look up the benchmarks in a bit, but what's the performance on them like?

>AMD drivers don't require a geforce login.
Neither does nvidia?
>Relive is better than Shadowplay now.
I use OBS anyway.
>AMD has AMD Link for any Android device instead of requiring an Nvidia Shield or Android TV.
Who cares about this, really? Who cares about AMD link or Nvidia shield?
>flickering issues
Haven't had that.
>still having fixed problems with mismatched multi-monitor frequencies
Can't comment on that

Seems to me in total that you are just trying to shill AMD with literally anything you got.

>DRM

It is ARM not DRM.

>still having fixed problems with mismatched multi-monitor frequencies,
isnt this a windows 10 problem? its on ayymd too, no?

>he doesn't cool all of his mainboard in an airflow
enjoy your NVME breaking

drm as in digital restriction management as that guy couldn't replace a part with cheap replacements without furthers errors
holy shit neo-Jow Forums is dense as an osmium turd

I have everything for a 4k setup except a graphics card. Gsync is supposedly only partially compatible with my freesync monitor. Should I just buy a budget AMD gpu for now and save my money for when AMD releases a high end card that's actually good later this year?

So this is what AMDrones believe

Na, bro. One, the air coming off the cooler won't be all that hot and two because of the open design there will be plenty of airflow generated by the components heating the air in contact with them.
The only thing that'll get significantly warm is the SSD, and even that won't get too badly hot. It probably isn't even NVMe.

I found the motherboard (thanks reddit) and it's a SATA m.2 slot, so no worries there.

since sata doesn't get that warm, fine

When will Zen 2 release?

No do not fall into the trap of waiting if you need something now.

It's highly unlikely that AMD will release another 2080 or 2080ti tier card anytime this year. There simply isn't any leaks regarding that. Navi targets the 1080 and below performance tiers, essentially upper mid range and below. The radeon vii released in january is amd's fastest for the forseeable future.

Ok thanks I'll get the 2080.

I don't want to wait. How much money/performance do I lose if I get a 2600 for 150€ and a refurbished Vega56 for 230€ right now?

>Think that'd cause issues with the radiator heat? This is my first liquid system, so I'm not familiar with a lot of stuff
You're blowing air through holes. It's not precision engineering here.

Hi guys. In the QVL to my motherboard (ASUS PRIME A320M-K dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_A320M-K/PRIME_A320M-K_Memory_QVL_20170705.pdf) there is entry for A-Data memory stick AX4U240038G16-SBF which is 2400MHz , but no entry for the same stick but 2666MHz which named AX4U266638G16-SBF. Should I buy 2666 version even if it's not in QVL? If I should not, is the difference between 2400 and 2666 so noticeable? My cpu is Ryzen 5 1600

anyone know is this kit will post at 3200 with ryzen?cant find the answer anywhere

gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c16d-16gtzr

>only buying 16GB when the prices are down after years of market manipulation

thanks for the help

Attached: 1556462897116.jpg (580x548, 34K)

You guys have any experience with Galax GPUs? They are usually cheaper than a lot of competition around here, the heatsinks and fans seem to be decently sized, and the heatpipes are apparently made out of copper.

Attached: Galax 1660.jpg (1000x1000, 83K)

>isnt this a windows 10 problem? its on ayymd too, no?
You are correct, it IS a Windows 10 problem.

>How much money/performance do I lose
If you're asking compared to ryzen3000, nobody knows yet as those aren't available. If you want to stay on the safe side and possibly upgrade, get a quality x470 board with a 2400g or 2600 and upgrade once 3000s are out.

As for the v56, avoid any of gigabyte's v56's as those are designed to fail quickly. Shop around and see whether you can get a rtx2060 if possible too.

Does AMD gpu suite even work in windows 7 or is it only a win 100 exclusive meme like with their ryzen master