The absolute state of Dropbox in 2019

>the absolute state of Dropbox in 2019
Wtf is shit cluttered shit. What does Jow Forums use for f r e e online storage?

Attached: dropshit.png (352x468, 26K)

buy a vps

if you care about privacy use a home server or just ditch the cloud and use syncthing
Otherwise nextcloud is the next best thing. Some of their servers offer something like 10GB of storage

owncloud

my own
hosted by myself
why the fuck are you storing your files in other people's computers you stupid nigger

Nextcloud

>why the fuck are you storing your files in other people's computers you stupid nigger
Because it's not sensitive data you fucking hypocrite who let other people store their data on your disc using cookies and temp folders

Google Drive with rclone, encrypted of course

>using cookies
>his browser and its data doesn't self-destruct after closing the window
lmaoing@u

not poorfag op
willing to pay
what recommendations of vps or service do you have that has relatively high capacity storage (500~1TB+)

mega.nz is comfy

Attached: A1869313-3767-437C-AE9F-ECAE1E2C4E81.png (1200x1200, 124K)

the problem with dropbox, like anything else, is they are subsidized by VC cash for far too long. and then they get aggressive trying to make money, which just pisses off all the users who flocked to them because they were sleek and useful at first.
expect it to get much worse as time goes on. then people will flock to a new service, and the cycle repeats.

>As of May 2018, Dropbox has never been profitable, but reports positive cash flow.

Have fun with your data being handed over to the US

Get an educational account from your local CC and upload unlimited shit

OP here: it would actually be an interesting option to create my own cloud hosting solution that works on mobile and desktop.

No way these guys make any money.

Google Drive just werks

notifications are the new clippy

What is the best VPS at the moment?

Source?

his ass.
everything on mega is encrypted by your key. if you lose your password, you lose your data.

Confirming it works. Running nextcloud for 2 years with multiple users.

>What does Jow Forums use for f r e e online storage?
My homeserver?

Why would you ever need dropbox in 2019? I haven't used any kind of file level cloud sync in years...

Using a VPS for storage is shit, they have a bandwith limit of like 100gb usually, even the most dodgy "Pleaseeee use me" companies will have like 1tb at MOST. This sounds like a lot, but it isn't.

Plus you have to pay for "storage blocks" which costs about as much as any other online backup.

Then the storage is not automatically backed up (you'll have to pay for backups) and maintain the whole thing yourself.
Then worst of all, you don't have an easy to use app to share between all devices. Sure you could probably find something to use on the VPS with a web client, but fuck that.

And in the end you'll save fucking nothing, just get a home NAS if you want to be cheap, you'll get way better speeds, way better price & you won't be reliant on any specific company that could just delete all your shit if they feel like it.

>Then worst of all, you don't have an easy to use app to share between all devices.
That's the fun part, creating those apps

OneDrive, lol. it comes with Office + Skype calls.

Joke aside, I'd say Nextcloud / Syncthing maybe. But I wouldn't compromise on usability for just the sake of being free.
Yea, Dropbox is cancer.
- Remember when you could share direct HTTP links? I remember.
- Remember when the file history was a very compact, single-line HTML page that loaded very fast, and you could browse back ages? I remember.
- Remember when monthly subs didn't cost a fortune? I remember.

Dropbox has really went down the drain. Still have my father files there though, and man I am scared to migrate him over. He has the Packrat / grandfathered account even. So yea, one day. Hopefully. Until then I become poorer by the month.

Dropbox has block-level copying and a client with good multithreading support. That makes them better than 99% of the competition by default.

This.
Self-hosted Nextcloud is the official Jow Forums answer.

Dumb idea, you're going to pay a LOT for a 1TB VPS

nextcloud providers are some germoids

What's your problem, nigger? I pay $100 @ yr for my Dropbox with 1 TB storage & got my files wherever I am. I upload all files already encrypted using GoodSync. It just werks.

Unlimited Google Drive and 100+ MEGA accounts

>paying money when you can self host
Kek, typical neo-Jow Forums consumerist drone. I have an 8TB RAID-1 at my leisure, which I can access free from around the globe.

>>As of May 2018, Dropbox has never been profitable, but reports positive cash flow.
Implying profit equals cash.
>Got his CPA from a cornflake box.

Attached: fec.jpg (289x292, 14K)

If I were to pay for something I would pay for more Google drive storage because I already use Google products.

>>paying money when you can self host
Nigger.
>Want to know how many outages whe have in Zurich?
>Want to know how many times the internet is down in Zurich?
>Yes, I talk about Switzerland not Swaziland.
If your cleaning lady stumbles over the RAID power cord, you can forget your self hosting meme, niggerman.