I read on some news site supposedly Nintendo switch can be overclocked from its new version 8.0.0 its a boost mode...

I read on some news site supposedly Nintendo switch can be overclocked from its new version 8.0.0 its a boost mode. Would it be possible that someone could confirm this please as I am curious how would cope with the cooling part of it

Attached: FA663171-4F1F-4EFA-9941-0529FBE7AF62.jpg (2400x1800, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/retronx-team/sys-clk
guide.sdsetup.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They CPU is overclocked 70 % only in some games (like Mario Odyssey and Zelda) and ONLY during loading screens.

Ah so like only more demanding games to help with loading stuff in and such?

Yup. Apparently it speeds up the loading times in those games drastically, but that's it. They can't leave the CPU overclocked all the time since the Switch probably can't dissipate all the extra heat. Plus, it'd kill the battery in minutes.

Blah blah blah, this is a device with a 720p plastic screen, what does an overclock matter?

It can if you repaste, but yeah it hits battery life pretty well. If you run CFW there are overclocking modules you can use, works great if you set the clocks to reasonable values, or set it so it only uses super high clocks when plugged in.

Attached: POZZED Switch.webm (480x270, 1.96M)

OP is a fag.

Attached: OP.jpg (800x591, 49K)

SoC weaker than a smartphone's on a """""gaming console""""""""

Oh really I’m a fag? Well your a retarded nigga kid who’s mentally unstable to society lmao get your shit out of here little fag boy before your momma comes and takes your phone off you

Get out of here with your little fat ass lil nigga lmao you trying to still continue with your gay homo bullshit get out of here and slit your throat haha nobody gives a shit bout your nonsense

github.com/retronx-team/sys-clk

Wait, how do you get CFW on a Switch?

You can OC a Switch if it's jailbroken.

You need a Switch from before around August last year. Then just short a pin and you can do whatever you want. I have a modchip installed in mine so it coldboots straight to CFW, but without it you just will have to plug it into a computer to start it with hax.

guide.sdsetup.com/

I posted an older video, related is better lol.

Attached: POZZED Switch.webm (480x270, 2.37M)

>$300 device weaker than 999$ device
woah....
Better framerate, higher resolutions, smooth Gamecube emulation.
>an electronic machine
>not technology
>person i don't like uses thing i don't like
Based.

via the rcm exploit in the first hardware revision, thanks nvidia :^)

At the time it had the same performance as the latest smartphones at a fraction of the price, you retard, also
>comparing $300 tablet to a $1000 phone
>comparing a SoC from 4 years ago with a current SoC

You could overclock the Switch for months now with homebrew and modules, the difference in some games is amazing
Doom and Wolfenstein come to mind, those games when overclocked are infinitely sharper than before, at the cost of battery life

Put down the katana, kid.

its quite easy actually
open the swich console piss on it put in the trash and buy a ps4 pro.
no need of thanks

the katana or the dillate dildo ?

You've been able to overclock it for like a year, it got CFW ages ago.

>>It can if you repaste
Why don't companies just spend the extra 75 cents to do things correctly from the factory?

>Gamecube emulation
But you can do that on a PC

I want to run unix on it

It already runs Linux.

thank you captain oblivious

Also via the warmboot vulnerability (when released), thanks nvidia :^)

>jailbroken
who says that anymore besides itoddlers

>consoletoddlers in the technology board

Attached: 1556502221304.jpg (225x225, 9K)

PS4 and Vita users, since these are based on the same BSD code. Nintendo's Horizon OS isn't even jailbroken, this term implies jail escape from userland and priv escalation. It was blown to pieces from boot stage 1 thanks to Nvidia.