Non-vim users are faggots

I have just come to the conclusion that if you use anything other than Vim you are an actual retard brainlet. You are a pathetic faggot if you cry when not on your new-age faggot IDE.

Attached: download.png (1200x1202, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

metapress.com/understanding-vim/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't reply to this thread it's a completed work.

This guy gets it.

As someone who is familiar with vim, I honestly prefer to just use VS Code and Nano. Memorizing a bunch of esoteric commands and key combos is not worth the effort it takes to just install VS Code and install a few add-ons. Yeah it's bloated, but the memory cost isn't worth my productivity.

its not exoteric, its designed to reduce keystrokes and never use the mouse. after the initial learning you start to see shit flowing smooth

They're all intuitive commands that take 30 mins to learn and a day of use to master

It's not about not using the mouse, or memorizing a bunch of commands or keystrokes. It's about combining the commands and keystrokes you've learned in a multitude of useful combinations.

Vim can not be extended with lisp, so it is automatically inferior to emacs.

tards

cope

we found the pussy that needs his hand held doing everything

>be 70735014
>wahhhwahh keybinds too much for me lil puny brain
>me need intellisense since me have no sense of my own waahwaah
>me download 100 plugins cus me need dem
>me only know webdev cus me a child
>me dont wanna learn anything useful me just watch youtube vids of other ppl programming
>me have arduino and me think me engineer

do i really need to go on?

>As someone who is familiar with vim
>I can't be bothered learning how to use it
Looks like OP is on to something.

Not all non-Vim users are brainlets. But all Sublime users are.

I don't understand. Have you been using the advanced features? Deleted all blank lines withing a visual selection with :'

Unironically Geany master race.

Attached: grayons.jpg (720x736, 35K)

VS Code is spyware

please

Attached: images.png (225x225, 5K)

>esoteric commands and key combos
old unix admins would berate you for this
vi's key combos were in line with other unix applications back in the day. they're not common today but this used to be normal

no you atom fuccboi, it's about editing text.

>its designed to reduce keystrokes and never use the mouse.
>It's about combining the commands and keystrokes you've learned in a multitude of useful combinations.
Both wrong.
It's about being usable on a 300 baud modem.

Name one.
That I can run in a VM.

Depends what your work flow is. If you spend 10 hours a day editing random existing plain text files...sure. If you are programming from scratch using a editor with intellisense and you set up autocomplete for your common code patterns its hard to compete with that.

>>me need intellisense since me have no sense of my own waahwaah

considering there are libraries that have no documentation other than the intellisense generation...yeah you need it.

less

bash/zsh/ksh support both vi and Emacs style binds

actually, it's readline that supports vi and emacs style bindings

vim is shit.

i love how saying that is synonymous with saying "im a brainlet retard"

k

readline does support it and is used to implement it for bash/python repl/etc, but at least one variety of ksh has vi mode in-built and zsh uses its own code for it too.

I have to admit that Vim is a good plugin in Emacs

why does Jow Forums thinks everyone's fate is to use solely vim? i have used vim before but jesus vim users likes to bitch they're the ones using vim because l33t and muh keybinds. there are people who works better with shit like bloatedstudio, emacs, pure notepad, when will you tards understand that??

you are insecure that you cant handle even using a text editor. your brain goes into panic when someone questions your choice of an IDE because you know how much of a brainlet you are for using it. You shouldn't even need me to remind you that you're a fucking idiot since you claim to have used Vim, but guarantee you haven't went passed using "hjkl" keys for moving you retarded pussy. You should know you are a dumb nigger for not using a good editor and being stuck with childs-play jokester shit

ok vimfag

Attached: 1556255378530.jpg (1080x1080, 215K)

Vim - virginity in motion
Mpv - must protect virginity

Kakoune is better though

Scared to switch before support is better and it's a little older, I don't want to switch and then see it die.

nice

I think neovim will probably have a lisp interface eventually.
Honestly lisp fucking sucks for configuration though. It's cool for extensions, sure. But lua is probably nicer for config. Now, here's the part you'll probably hate, but personally I like writing vim extensions in ruby.

I wouldn't mind at all if this happened. Vim controls beat everything else but emacs has a lot of cool features, DESU I wouldn't use the emacs/vim thing, but I'm looking forward to IDEs that support vim as a pluggable text editor.

based as fuck to be sure

Using vim is the primary indicator for autism.

>VS Code is spyware
HURR DURR

>I think neovim will probably have a lisp interface eventually.
You don't really understand the significance of Lisp being the configuration language for emacs. What makes emacs so extensible is the fact that the configuration language is the same as the implementation language. It doesn't matter that some shitty C program has a Lisp interface if the program itself is written in a language not allowing for easy extensibility by the end user.
>lisp fucking sucks for configuration though. It's cool for extensions, sure.
"configurations" are by nature just more simplistic "extensions". Also, how does it suck exactly? By not being a shitlang some ruby-loving subhuman can grasp?

I DEMAND DONATIONS
NOW

Attached: 1536005482054.jpg (800x957, 179K)

i sleep on you.
go that way dumb nigger, this is where the intelligent white folk are.

Attached: thumbnail_file-7.jpg (698x710, 123K)

Thanks, Jow Forums, for informing me that vim is charityware for niggers. I'm switching to emacs. metapress.com/understanding-vim/

>love the modal editing
>love the multiple ways I can navigate a document
>takes me fucking ages to make a simple edit
>don't know how to do more complex things like column selects

its fucking suffering brehs

>brehs
I'm not your "breh", nigger.

>wow, a column select would be a useful thing here
>i will google how to do this
>i will do this until i can remember how to do it
>i will repeat this the next time i need to do something
4 easy steps

(column select is Ctrl+v)

>need to edit 4 lines to remove comments from beginning of line
>better take 30 minutes looking through StackOverflow closed threads and some basedboy's blog for the answer

you sound upset, might i suggest you try having sex?

It is you fucking retard

Shut up you stupid nigger, I fucked hotter girls then you could dream of including ACTUAL models (not just IG retards). I am a superior human being compared to you. I am smarter, I have a better life, I have a higher IQ, I have everything that you could ever dream of. You on the other hand are an insecure little fag-lord who wastes his life away doing useless shit all day. You probably feel productive when you brush your teeth.

JetBrains IDEs usually asks if you want to use Vim style control, it's pretty comfy for the most part but not as complete as Vim itself

>manually removing comments instead of selecting the 4 lines and pressing `gc`.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

How do people actually not get disgusted by having sex when so much fluid leaks out during it? Do you just learn to deal with it?

based

Attached: up.png (2000x1897, 57K)

Based on what?

Right tool for the job. Often vim other times emacs. Trying to programming lisp in vim is just gay af. But opening emacs to quickly edit config files or write quick scripts is retarded.

>But opening emacs to quickly edit config files or write quick scripts is retarded.
Yeah, aliasing 'emacsclient -t' to 'e' is so fucking retarded.

Damn OP just edited his first config files using vim and hit :wq, watch out guys

>It's not about not using the mouse
this is literally the purpose of vim you retard

holy fuck dude update Arch and relax

this

>using nigerian charityware
man acme(1) vimtard

>I base my entire personality around what text editor I use because I have nothing else in my life I could base my personality on

Attached: 1554938255155.jpg (700x700, 209K)

How do I git good at Vim, I like it more then nano, but I only know some of the basics

Same but I still feel good when I brush my teeth. Nothing wrong with the little victories.

>How do I git good at Vim
open terminal, run vimtutor
comes with vim, takes you step by step through the basics

>How do I git good at Vim
Exactly the same way you get good at riding a bike.

Show us your codes first then your paycheck

"memorizing commands is hard"
dude, why don't you just :q! and go buy a Mac then.

Attached: cortana1.jpg (372x367, 15K)

>Vim
Why would you do this to yourself, when there are perfectly fine editors that don't require you to learn a billion keyboard shortcuts to get shit done?

Faggot, true haxors use Vi or Edit.exe

Lel it doesn't even work on touch screens.

Oh really? Vimuser.org

You do realize the only reason this trash exists is to be able to remotely edit config files in XTerm for server boxes?

Then why does every IDE ever made have an option for vim keybindings?

Because they know retards like you exist, and are trying to save you from your own stupidity.

I'd rather use Edit.exe than Vi/Vim.
It's been 20 years since the first time I used Vi, and it still feels like the first time every time I have to use it.

Attached: 798249.png (577x401, 14K)

ok kid

Uganda.

>Press 'i' to insert text.
When there's literally an Inser key on the standard keyboard.
When it's the default behavior in every other editing software.
>Lol, it's just different user, it's actually cool.
Press down-arrow to move cursor ^[ everyfucking where.
>Lol, user, you forgot to exit insert mode
Fuck this shit.

Attached: retard.jpg (1224x1445, 247K)

yeah, I like VI hotkeys and modes for other applications, but they're retarded for a text editor

No, it's just that Vi looked retarde the instant I used it.
It's just not functional.
I'll compare it to Blender. Quite capable 3D rendering software.
Except it's all keyboard shortcuts, and hence won't ever be used by normal people.

vimlet, about to transition to superior emacs, I've seen the light, fucking macros man

>Hey, let me insert some text. I'll just reach my entire hand over to this key no one ever uses and isn't even on all keyboards.

What if I use my new-age faggot IDE *with* vim?

>Hey, let insert mode be the default behavior and arrow keys moving the cursor over.
Every normal text editor ever.

Fucking Inser key is on all keyboards.
Maybe it wasn't in the 70s when they made Vi, which would explain things.

>arrow keys
Inefficient garbage which has you move your hand away from keys which actually matter for typing.

I guess you never use them?
Retard.

What does it matter, when you're not on the right line to type shit?

The letter "i" isn't on all keyboards?
It is inefficient to have to reach for arrow keys in vim, that's why by default it's also on hjkl

I don't use them when I'm working with text, no. Why is that retarded exactly?
What kind of stupid question is that? You just move to the right line using keys located near the home row.

What about Emacs? It's easily better than all text editor. It has little to know downsights

It's the best text editing software you can use right now.

Pretty good bait, user-kun, but the excessive misspelling makes it too obvious.

Attached: 1542082356160.jpg (737x1024, 122K)

>western garbage "VN"

Or, you know, in a normal editor, you could just fucking click where you need to type.
Also for you.

Anyway, keep your retarded text editor.
Just don't push it on anyone.
How do you cope with typing text on the Internet, I'm curious?