/spg/ - Smartphone General

Holeshit and Notchshit BTFO'd Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: oneplus1.0.jpg (1200x800, 48K)

What are alternatives to the redmi Note 7? Don't want MIUI or Lineage.

Any other phone other than Note 7 or other phones with MIUI fucktard???

Nokia 3310

Pajeets detected

What phone do I use if I wanna get laid but I'm not gay enough for iPhones? It's either a Samshit or a Pixel I think. What else?

A flip phone & then treat yourself to some beer & hookers.

Since Verizon is dropping CDMA, does that mean more global unlocked phones will work on their network?

A top huashit with that neon perlescent back? Bitches love it

when is this coming out in europe?
i have been for waiting long

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-A60.jpg (615x450, 52K)

Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1/M2

>Don't want MIUI or Lineage
You have quite a few OEM garbage firmwares to choose from, so, suit yourself.

Pixel is the s.oy choice, Samsung is played out. Find the largest Huawei or Xiaomi with as many cameras on the back as possible.

Should I consider triple cameras a meme or are they legit useful?

>remember I had some photos from middle school on my old dumbphone
>spent the evening look for it
>finally find it
>battery is SUPER bloated and it won't turn on without it

I tried connecting it to my laptop but I don't think it works without a battery. I really don't want to buy a new battery for this 15 year old phone (not even sure if I can get one), any alternatives?

Telephoto lenses are so legit for zooming
and wide angle cameras depending on the occasion

But Huawei is garbage chinee shite and OnePlus is better than Xiaomi. So should I get the OP7P?

>any alternatives?
Take it to a local repair shop, found what can be done about it and go from there.

No, right now it's an actual amature photographer lens kit instead of a depth sensor or a bw lens for hdr like it was a year and a half ago.

What makes font rendering so good on Android?

Attached: 1556481455548.png (868x300, 38K)

Soon , pre - orders r up in china
A tutorial video had its model name under in description

What are the best phones for around €300? Battery life and camera as priority.

Attached: i-was-prepared-for-trouble-but-not-for-this.jpg (1280x720, 307K)

Depends on the setup. Wideangle camera is very useful, assuming the focus isn't fixed. Zoom lenses are mostly memes, you'll rarely use one unless it's a 5X like on Huawei, and that means really solid in the future. "Depth sensors" and Time of flight are memes, both replaceable by software.
>So should I get the OP7P?
Yes, but if the thots ask for the name tell them it's a Huawei or Xiaomi, the exotic name that they've still heard of makes you look like a guru in their eyes. Mind you this only works on EU thots, for US ones you'll have to pony up for the Apple.

Non-ironically Pocophone

Why do they keep botching the features like fucking retards?
Their lineup doesn't make any sense.
The A60 got the full screen (with holepunch) but has a stupid fingerprint sensor on the back (2017 shit pretty much) while the A50 has it under the screen.
The A70 is probably going to be much bigger, but has an ugly notch.

Why can't they make a damn phone with all these features and cheap processor? They fucked up the S10 edge with their stupid power hungry 8 cores shit and lame battery, and still couldn't find any budget (on a $750 phone) to put the finger print sensor under the screen.
They have no excuse for this shit, yet people still buy it.

Welp, blackberry started having a chinese company make their phones. Is there any last bastion out there?

>The A60 got the full screen (with holepunch) but has a stupid fingerprint sensor on the back (2017 shit pretty much) while the A50 has it under the screen.
>preferring a shitty gimmicky under display fingerprint that doesn't work half the time to a perfectly usable regular fingerprint on the back that never fails to work

Attached: dxl2ui5v2r611.jpg (900x900, 83K)

this

sent from my s10e

Jow Forums:
>"Don't use Chrome, it's botnet."
>"Use Android OS."
No fucking sense!

OnePlus phones are the most aesthetic phones

prove me wrong (pro tip: you can't LOL)

>preferring a shitty gimmicky under display fingerprint that doesn't work half the time to a perfectly usable regular fingerprint on the back that never fails to work

>on the front
>gimmicky
I guess you like holding your phone like a retard, and never unlock it when it rests flat on your desk...

>Jow Forums is one person

>"prove" my personal preference wrong

It's an objective fact, nerd.

>my personal taste is objective fact
You really shouldn't use the words you don't understand.

The a60 has a lcd screen,to be fair

Note 9 user here, it sometimes fail when is lightly wet like with sweat (not a problem since it has iris scanner though). However, even if I never tried it, the under screen sensor seems strange to me and the front fingerprint is so 2015. I do much prefer back fingerprint.

your personal taste is the taste of cocks in your mouth

Yeah, fascinating...

Non-American: Pocophone F1, stop asking you fucktard brainlet
American: Flagship or Oneplus 7

If Pocophone F2 has American bands, it'll fuck up the phone market forever (in a good way, except for Samsung and Apple but they can get fucked)

Nokia

>Flagship
So curved screen bullshit or Pixel garbage?
>Oneplus
I have legit never seen a OP phone in America

one of my coworkers (a pharmacist) has a Oneplus 6T

Which one is better
Waterdrop notches or holepunch notch/infinity o?

Attached: wJJegyswatY7gBNMardEKD-650-80.jpg (650x365, 23K)

>So curved screen bullshit or Pixel garbage?
Either one. Pick the P30 Pro if you want features and that 5x optical zoom, Pixel if you want better photos overall and clean stock software.

>Waterdrop notches
Definitely. Less intrusive and you can hide them without losing an inch of screen real estate when doing so.

The 10x zoom camera is positively astonishing. I have a Coolpix from 2011 and it only does 5x optical zoom. Holy fuck, they have 10x zoom in a tiny lens now. Technology is crazy as fugg

>P30 Pro
He said American, dummy

>I have a Coolpix from 2011 and it only does 5x optical zoom.
>they have 10x zoom in a tiny lens now.
>tiny zoom lens
Yeah, this is kind of a big deal, but any genuine improvements are welcome.

You're right, pardon me. I keep forgetting our American brothers rarely get cool phones.

I don't know how I forgot about the fucking legends themselves.

you can get a p30 pro that works in america on GSM networks

None. All notches/holes in the screen are fucking retarded cancer that needs to go away forever. We don't need bezels smaller than the S9 has, for example. And if you can't live without it, a retractable camera as fragile as it is still beats any screen intrusions by fucking miles.

Moto g7 power

give me a bezel, notches are hideous

I dont take pictures, I dont play games. I like to browse Jow Forums and youtube on firefox. Whats the cheapest phone I can get that will last me like 3 years.

Redmi Note 7

nokia 7 plus

>Have MediaTek P60 CPU on phone
>Have never come close to maxing it out
Why do people buy phones with high end CPUs? Do they just get it for a better GPU for gaming or something?

they are all fuckign shit and you're a fucking retard cuck if you buy it
comfy bezels are the best

Is there a cheaper alternative to the Note 9? I'd there going to be a Note 10?

>a samshit will get you laid

Attached: 1511818020709.jpg (680x680, 51K)

>is there a cheaper alternative to the Note 9?
yeah, every other fucking phone with a Snapdragon 845

How's the 10e? I'm tired of my Nexus having crap battery and being slow. I would like to take some decent pictures on the phone when I travel for work overseas.
New Samsungs still can't be rooted right?

Umidigi? how are you liking it so far?

Not without proper LTE band supports, and likely firmware support. Verizon don't even let you activate open market phones on their network officially now (i.e. US996 V20, US998 V30 which has the Verizon bands) because it "doesn't have VoLTE support for their network". But at least its better than Sprint, since you can stick a pre-activated SIM on an unsupported device with the right firmware or the VoLTE mbn file spliced in with root and it'll work.

Nokia is chinkshit as well

The problem with Mediatek is that its badly optimized, they don't release source so there's no aftermarket support for it or for someone else to fix it up, and because its badly optimized it gets comparatively bad battery life. Even in the mid-ranged price bracket there's no reason to use it over something like a SD625.

Huh? How did you know I have a Z2 Pro? But yeah it's great overall. I wish it had a headphone jack, but I will say that using the adapter while wireless charging is an acceptable substitute. Not a fan of the notch, but that's not that big of a problem. Overall a great deal, and considering it supports all USA networks, it's a great alternative to a Note 9.

That's a great argument for Snapdragon over MediaTek, but my question was about what workload people are doing that makes them choose such powerful CPUs.

>implying I don't remember the only user who actually bought a Z2 Pro
also been wondering in case I can snag a deal on something like the F1 or the S3 Pro w/ the P70

Well if you prefer Android 9 to 8.1 I would assume that there's no downside over the Z2 Pro.

yeah definitely prefer 9
what's the weakest/worst aspect of owning a P60 phone?

Should I wait for the Poco F2? It's supposed to be announced on Q2 of this year but I'm not sure if I should wait or buy the F1

I don't specifically know of any issues. It's no that much different from my Samsung S8. It's actually a bit faster from what I can tell but I think that has to do with stock Android over Samsung's release. The battery life seems better on the P60 phone, but again, I think that's more to do with the software. I've tested the snappiness of apps and the fingerprint and face unlock, and I can't definitively say one is actually objectively faster. Sometimes one will win over the other. I assume that the 825 in my S8 is better at GPU and CPU intensive things, but I don't play games or run VMs on my phone. Perhaps the real difference between high end SoCs and mid-range ones like the P60 is support for high end resolutions. I'm fine with 1080p though, and I don't know how most people feel about that.

thanks for the assessment, I kinda figured it would be akin to having a SD660 device, have you noticed doing anything where the P60 needs to "warm up" before it performs better? I remember some YouTube reviewers saying this a out the P60 and MTK phones in general

>mfw I finally pulled the trigger on that Xperia XZ1 that I've had in my amazon wishlist since it released.
>mfw the Xperia Z5 I had was good, but had it for 3 years coming up and has been doing this thing where touch would register on other parts of the screen than where I put my finger
>mfw the XZ1 is the last flagship Xperia to have a headphone jack which I value too much and keeps me from ever buying a new, post-2017 phone. Fuck bluetooth headphones, fuck getting rid of a perfectly usable headphone jack - you're not making phones thinner, and I'm not using a "dongle adapter", fuck notches, fuck this bezel-less shit.

Phone trends piss me off so goddamn much.

I hope

Attached: thisfuckingbird.jpg (125x114, 3K)

>OnePlus 7 has curved dogshit screen
NOOOOO BROS

Pocophone f1

Upgrading from a s5 on verzion. Looking at either getting a moto z3, umidigi f1, or just going cheap and getting a moto g6. Only big thing that worries me about the f1 is there's little info on its reliability. Anyone here have experience with one?

What's a good small form factor phone with a camera as good as (if not better) than an iPhone 8?

Pixel 3

just ordered this for 140usd, how'd i do goyim?

Attached: SHARP aquos s3.jpg (257x510, 29K)

>The A60 got the full screen (with holepunch) but has a stupid fingerprint sensor on the back (2017 shit pretty much) while the A50 has it under the screen.

Apart from that and 500mAh shaved off the battery as compared to the A50, the A60 has a superior CPU and far superior GPU. Also, the different A series are catered to different markets and a higher number does not mean a superset of features of the lower numbered model.

[Citation Needed]

is the s9 still good enough to last until at least 2020? the regular, not the plus, since the regular is on sale.

Budget of $600 USD, old phone is Moto Z2 force. What can I get that has a snapdragon 845 or better, Oled screen, stock or minimalistic Android, with metal/aluminum casing? Headphone jack not necessary. Don't care about camera whatsoever.

lg v35 thinq

Only the pro version. I personally like it so that's a plus for me.

>$140 usd
where?

Xiaomi Mi 9
OnePlus6T

bang good

why does 5g come for usa? i have an old nexus 5 i am ready to replace

Why shouldn't I buy the s10e? Coming from a OP6.

>capacitive unlock, no curve, good camera, ip rating, Samsung pay

Been on OnePlus for the 3, 5, and 6, but it looks like the 7 is where I draw the line. Keep increasing price while introducing meme tech like motorized cameras. Camera photos still look like watercolors. The software is good, but I think at these price points I'd rather have good hardware.

Attached: image.jpg (1128x1746, 123K)

Finally swapped my oldass iphone 5s for a huawei mate 20 pro. Selling out to the chink botnet never felt so good. The camera is retardedly good for a phone, the battery life is retarded, the quickcharge is retarded. I haven't done much intensive shit, but watching hi10p high bitrate stuff on mpv with software mode works fine. The underscreen fingerprint reader is pretty reliable. The speaker through the ub-c port is kinda shit at higher volumes, but it's loud. The smoothing on the front camera makes me look like a fucking korean idol, even if I turn it off.

Attached: huawei-mate-20-proheader.jpg (770x433, 34K)

Budget of 500-600 USD, old phone is s6 edge. What should I get if I pretty much use Clover, Youtube and the camera here and there?

why the fuck are you upgrading a phone that's like 2 days old

kill yourself

Mi Mix 2S, 3 if you want the screen to body ratio

Thanks, looks pretty good but I feel like the S9+ is probably more worth it. What do you think?

most of that just shows how bad the iphone 5s is

I've upgraded 3 iphone 5s users to Redmi Note 7 and they shit themselves at how much better everything is

Huawee was never cool to begin with.

I'm an Xperia fag myself but it's time to man up and forget the jack.