I confess I never plan my code buy I simply add a really small feature and amount of code and start testing it right...

I confess I never plan my code buy I simply add a really small feature and amount of code and start testing it right away, keep adding small features until I finish.

I'm sure my code is trash.

Attached: 1556080125668.gif (500x298, 1.46M)

Well, start planning then. Problem solved.

It's okay. Fuck end users.

based and TDD pilled

TDD is a waste of time.. ya I'm going to write a test that calls a method that doesnt exist yet, oops its red teehee now i make the method, now its green yayyyyy

I don't even know what TDD is.
I just start coding the simplest feature then test my code and keep iterating while adding small detail until I finish.

test driven development

but my tests are compiling what I'm making until I see it doesn't crash and do what I want.

Just automate it brah.

Yea, I am not the same user, I just wanted to clarify what TDD means.

That's not really TDD then, since you can't really save those moments where your code does what you want...

If you were to later implement a feature that ended up breaking some other feature you had, how would you know?
Surely you dont want to manually re-test everything again every time you make a small change?

So TDD is just a collection of tests you run that attempts to "cover" your code and ensure that it still does what you want it to, without having to actually test that yourself.

I'm self taugh faggot using some game engine or framework for games.

What framework? they might have a test suite

Same here, I also debug with printf.

Attached: 1556315715375.gif (235x240, 785K)

godot, unity, game maker, libgdx and SDL.

yeah, I also debug with print.

;)

I like to make insanely overcomplicated spaghetti solutions with 30 flag variables for every function so that changing anything has some bizarre side effect. Then I to make everything even more spaghetti by mashing huge functions together to create these 2000 line behemoths of functions that take 20 arguments and leak side effects everywhere. The more rube goldbergian I can make these functions the better.

I make oracle look simple and elegant

I don't follow any guides and can only develop software I use myself. But after I fix all bugs after weeks or months of daily using it is literally rock solid stable and can run in production for decades without touch

Attached: 0079 - aAP2L2C.png (800x778, 138K)

Gonna need some example code

That is TDD user, but without the fancy name

no u

Attached: smug.jpg (225x225, 7K)

good work user, always remember that 3 weeks of coding can save half an hour of planning

No that's called Agile development.

Attached: 1503811246846.jpg (768x960, 51K)

No, Agile is standing around in a circle and talking about your feelings every day at 9am

Unironically the way OOP courses make you write labs.

sounds like a good time

I've found I do my best work by planning my interfaces, then just kinda stream-of-consciousness-program until I'm done. That usually involves a few total rewrites, but I'm usually happy with the result.

i just sit down and write 8000 lines in main then compile it once then ship it
hasnt failed me yet

gas yourself, shit wipe