Is it normal for music to be in an exe format?

Is it normal for music to be in an exe format?
>in_da_club_99cent_supertorrent.exe

Attached: 61ZHefziMFL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_dZCgX1aQcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Off course.
>being this new

OP did you know that if you post you paypal account details, Jow Forums automatically filters them to protect you?

account: ****************
password: **********

See?

Of course
how are you gonna execute the sound if is not with an exe.

[email protected]
LevioS73210

Yes, make sure to run it as administrator too for superior sound quality. And ignore any antivirus warnings in case they pop up, it’s only the music industries paying them to falsely pick up downloaded music.

kek

oh shit oh shit how do I delete this???

sudo rm -rf / --no-preserve-root

Really?

[email protected]
F12ger safe

>[email protected]
kek

account: [email protected]
password: twerkingmidgets86

Yes. The executables are just self-extracting archives in order to protect the audio file from bit rot.

Yes you fucking retard. exe is one of the best quality files you can get.

hunter2

If you give me you social security number I could help contact Hiromoot on your behalf, free of charge :)

Is there a way to prevent users from using rm?

Change the permissions of /usr/bin/rm so that they are only executable by root, or any other user of your choosing.

Lmao retard!

It's not as common today but still normal. Usually the convention is if it ends with just .exe, it probably contains multiple formats (e.g., aac, mp3, ogg...) and will give you a choice of which to extract. If it includes a specific extension, like .mp3.exe, it's probably just mp3, the .exe part is like a .zip file that compresses it to make the filesize smaller, thus it downloads faster and puts less strain on the server hosting it.

SELinux

Lmao

>account: pewdiepie
>password: mysorryfuckingass2019

Not really. If a user can write somewhere, they can also remove files. Even if you stopped the user from running rm itself, they could write a program to call remove, or use shell redirection. (echo > file)

Thats kind of lame. Is that why enterprise Linux isn't as popular for hosts machines? Is it just easier to tighten down GPOs and prevent user idiocy in windows?

If I understand what you mean correctly, Linux desktops aren't as popular on enterprise machines because many users simply don't enjoy using unfamiliar user interfaces. I have seen Linux used as a "thin client" OS to remote into a central server, though.
Either way, the rule also applies to Windows. As long as a user can modify a file, they can delete it. Even if you removed the ability to delete files through the file explorer with a GPO, they could open the file in notepad and blank everything out.
If you really want to protect against user idiocy, make regular backups of the user directories.

These username password posts are the most stale and unfunny thing I've came across in awhile

BTW op this band made a reference to this music file format
youtube.com/watch?v=_dZCgX1aQcU