Ergonomics thread

>work in startup
>only guy in my office who uses a monitor
>only guy who sits with a correct posture with the chair regulated to proper height
>only guy who takes regular breaks to walk around and stretch
>tfw all my coworkers either slouch or sit llike pic related from 8 hours at a time

How the fuck do they do it?

Attached: 20067343-bad-sitting-posture-at-laptop-man-on-chair.jpg (1300x866, 102K)

the slouching is most ergonomic,
>most of the weight is on the legs
>display is way below eye level
>head is tilted down in natural position
>high pixel density display with good text rendering
>no multi monitor meme displays that cause unnecessary head tilting

Attached: mpv-shot0004.jpg (720x540, 61K)

I actually work at a company that has legacy fortran code from the 70's and still employs the programmers who wrote that code. They all walk around like quasimodo from the cumulative effects of decades of shit posture

The frequent nerf gun shootouts keep them in great shape.

Attached: 1481585782382.png (293x270, 41K)

look familiar?

Attached: typewriters_2975636b.jpg (620x387, 77K)

Some people just have better genes. I've been slouching infront of a not ideal height desk for 15 hours a day for the past 20 years and never had a single health problem related to this. Meanwhile some of my friends who spend a tenth of the time behind a computer have crazy carpal tunnel hands.

I think op's argument is completely unfounded since many professions work in similar positions. I would argue laptops are infact the most ergonomic computers people can use, and large monitors are only suitable for multi media work - not for reading or editing text

Attached: 4d8d17ea83066.image.jpg (620x446, 75K)

>How the fuck do they do it?

They'll pay for it in a few years. I ended up using a laptop full time for a couple of years. I had neck and shoulder problems which was fixed with PT.

Remember to do your deadlifts.

Attached: The-5-Most-Dangerous-Deadlift-Mistakes.jpg (620x349, 151K)

10/10 would hang out with them and try to secure a comfy job maintaining legacy fortran code.

No wonder they raised an entire generation of basedboys

whats a good chair for posture thats under 500 dollars american

my mother

a shaped plastic chair with some flex built in, no roller wheel 100 adjustment meme chairs

link?

im one of the few people that docks my laptop and has dual monitors. i dont understand how people survive with just a laptop screen. they dont even use a usb mouse, just the trackpad.
buy used

Lazyboy recliner

I've been thinking about this for a really long while now.
What chair should I get? I've been eyeing the IKEA Markus for quite a while now (which is also my office chair) or should I try one of those memey gaming chairs for once?
Also fuck me I can't find anyone local selling this exact thing.
Or maybe I should just save for a house instead.

Attached: 71bJne-WCCL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1129, 124K)

Find an Aeron or Steelcase chair from an office surplus (or a dead startup on Craigslist if you're lucky)

found steelcase for $200 near me mite nab that

tfw I have a $1000 chair with adjustable everything, adjustable desk, adjustable monitors, yet still sit with my left leg crossed over my right and leaning over in a horribly unergonomic way all the time.

>$40 keyboard tray
>thinking about this for a really long while
really? lol

I've been thinking about a goddamn chair, you dimwit.
I'm just looking for a keyboard tray on the side because I'm fucking disabled and can't do labor for shit.

I've been trying!

I spent an hour or two yesterday trying to find a riser to put on my desk for my keyboard/mouse. I like the chair I use but it isn't height adjustable, so I'd like to bring the KB+M up a bit.

Amazon only sells (that I could find) 2 models of stands to resolve this issue, but the reviews aren't very good. I think I'll have to make a raised shelf out of some wood. Am I crazy or is this such an unusual situation?

Riser for laptops and for monitors are definitively more common. Why do you want to rise your kb and mouse? is your desk too low?

Either the desk is too low or the chair is too tall... probably the latter. The "better" solution might be to ditch my chair (or cut the legs to size), I just haven't mustered the heart for it yet.

Honestly want to get one of these because my desk is too small for a good viewing distance, and I don't really want to shell out for a big desk.

normies who got into programming have an advantage in this area. they didn't spend 10 hours every day their entire childhood playing vidyas so their hands are mostly find for now

I've had one of those memey gaming chairs, though it was on the cheaper side (about $150). It was nice for a while but the seat broke after about half a year and I went for a Markus instead, wouldn't switch back, it's pretty comfy.