youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

Secure CPUs based on current prices
>1600/1700 - for non-gaming; worse in gaming due to slower memory latency
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU that can handle more of a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT
Other CPUs
>9700k - Highest gaming framerates, but still won't get 144fps in everything

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega / 2070 - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / 2080Ti - higher framerates
>Radeon VII - may be considered; needs cooler mod to run quiet
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider 75hz display minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>AIOs don't change the laws of thermodynamics

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: bgHome1903x875NNN.jpg (1600x736, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKjRHoPGDOc
youtube.com/watch?v=miZ_z-mgowg
youtube.com/watch?v=J8IQTp8Qoa8
pcpartpicker.com/user/PrivateJoker27/saved/QTr7TW
pcpartpicker.com/user/PrivateJoker27/saved/YDmq3C
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

based btfo
based $420 Vega 64 being within 15% of $800 2080.

Radeon VII or used 1080Ti

cringe

Attached: file.png (1327x1222, 97K)

>buy amdshit that underperforms and sounds like a jet taking off just from playing youtube videos
>buy 2 year old 2nd hand card with no warranty and performs worse than 2080 in every game
Ironic how amd shills call blower fans loud when a radeon vii ruins your experience even using headphones.

Nice....

nvidia = based
amd == cringe
me = redpilled
you = basedpilled

pic related, it's you

Attached: file.png (1476x297, 313K)

Recommend me a GOOD 27" 1080p IPS monitor. Some things to note
>it will be a secondary monitor
>sitting about 40" away
>want good color and contrast
>will be used in lit room
>minimal backlight bleeding
>may have different viewing angles at times
IPS is the way to go, right? VA sounds nice but only because deep blacks. IPS seems to beat it in every other category.

why is s o y pilled filtered as basedpilled? fucking cringe mods

>27"
>1080p
cringggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

buy a 24" VA monitor instead

First for when the fuck is zen2.

New thread when?

OP is gay I want a new tread

what the fuck
get 1440p. That's the only way you're going to get a good 27" IPS. Acer just came out with some new model(s) around $200.

zen2 has always been in your heart all along

>12 replies
>5 posters

At work last week we accidentally fried a $10,000 graphics card

we did it /pcbg/! We won over BPS Customs.
Radeon VII > 2080

watch this video
youtube.com/watch?v=ZKjRHoPGDOc

me
me
me
me
me
me
me
me
me
me
me
me
both me
all me

this thread is me replying to myself

youtube.com/watch?v=miZ_z-mgowg
GET IN HERE
GET IN HERE
GET IN HERE

Imagine if AMD spent more money on drivers than nekos for marketing. I'm not even an Intel fan. I mostly use AMD CPUs; but good lord I wish they did better when it comes to drivers.

Attached: 50745867_609775589847799_6200704166184833461_n.jpg (640x640, 59K)

Why? it's just a zen+ apu and a shitty anniversary GPu

cringe

don't forget to overclock your radeon vii

Duelo a muerte con cuchillos Con drivers nuevos y con juegos de 2019 Radeon VII vs RTX 2080

youtube.com/watch?v=J8IQTp8Qoa8

There's nothing cringe about what I said. It's a real fault with AMD. I would happily buy another AMD CPU. GPU? Ehhh no.

I don't know if you're an nvidia shill or intel but fuck off

He was just stating an objective fact - AMD CPUs are good but their GPUs are currently shit.

Zen2 isn't going to reach 9700k levels, it will be damn close though. I think it all comes down to pricing.

If you won't settle for anything less than a 2080 Ti sure. For any other bracket they have serious competition and anyone who says otherwise is a shill.

>GPUs are currently shit
We can blame that on the fact that AMD couldn't decide if they wanted work cards or gaymen cards, so they tried to make it both and had mixed results. If the Radeon VII just went with 10gigs of HBM and not 16gigs HBM, this would've lowered the price.

>only 8 threads
Well that's a good thing.

Shit posting aside if it got to 9700k levels I would definitely upgrade from my R2 2600

>31R, 11P
Looks like this /pcbg/ is a dud

>Having negative opinions about things means you're cucked by a corporation
What a bizarre mindset. I own a Threadripper.

The hardware itself isn't even my complaint. I'm not talking about performance either. I'm talking about both Windows and Linux drivers. They're crap.

Don't feed obvious drones/shills/gaslighters

all me

My dick is ryzen up.

meant for

this is the best thread we've had all month

this thread is cringe

AMD's drivers have been better than Nvidia's for over 2 years now.
Why haven't people been memeing about Nvidia's drivers being shit? Oh right because more people buy Nvidia and are just blindly fanboying and projecting their buyer's remorse. Just like how League of Legends and Fortnite are the best games!!!
What is your source for them being "crap"? They're more stable (less crashes) in professional software than Nvidia's on both Windows and Linux.

see Just report the spammer.

Is now a bad time to upgrade? New consoles and new porting buttfuckery is just on the horizon.

>Why haven't people been memeing about Nvidia's drivers being shit?
I don't get it, are AMD graphics cards shit because their drivers are shit or they're just shit?

pcpartpicker.com/user/PrivateJoker27/saved/QTr7TW

can i get some feedback on this please?

keeping the case, cooler and PSU from my old build because they seem to be working fine, and im trying to save some money. If you guys think it's essential to get new case / cooler / psu could you recommend some ways i could save a bit of money on this build?

also, i think i might get a 1070ti instead of a 2060. they seem to come out about the same price though.

reported

Wait for Navi and zen2.

is it that bad? i havent built a pc in 4 years.

Buy a new psu, downgrade mobo to z390 aorus elite, buy win10 key from r/Microsoft softwareswap

Fuck HDMI
Why did they make a port with no lock-in mechanism
Finna have to go out and buy a DP cable irl cause it keeps disconnecting

I would seriously look at getting a different cpu cooler for that 9700k.

>buy windows 10
why? he can just get a pirated version
change cpu and graphics to something amd and we'll give you some real advice

Also if you don't intend to play at 120/144hz just go for ryzen and spend more on GPU. E.g. 2700x with 1080ti

750w corsair gold ok? someone recommended that to me last time. and i was told to buy a z370 board so that i had overclocking abilities. to be honest i havent even overclocked my current i5 4690k, just never really got around to it. but will i be able to on the z390 if i decide to in the future? also i need something with wifi. no ethernet ports in my room. & i got a key already from ebay for like 3 bucks

h100i Pro alright? i was thinking about doing liquid cooling instead because it seems like it makes less clutter.

why would i bother with AMD, ive always had good luck with intel

sorry i should have mentioned it in my first post, but i also do graphics / video editing / after effects. i want to get into cinema 4d maybe as well. I heard intel was better for that. nothing to back it up, just something i read.

i honestly don't even do a ton of pc gaming anymore, i do want to play the new metro game on PC but im not worried about having the most insane graphics as i am having something i can comfortably edit / design with and play some games when im in the mood. that's why i have a dell ultrasharp and not a 144hz gaming monitor

Get a Vega 56 if it's cheaper and undervolt it. The 2060 is a dead product on arrival thanks to the Vega 56.

That Corsair PSU should be ok. Z390 is refreshed z370 with better power delivery and integrated WiFi and usb3.1gen2 10gbps. Skip z370. There's the z390 aorus pro WiFi that is cheaper than the ultra fyi
Also since you already know your use case, stick with 9700k.

What would be the best budget graphics card to use in my PC? I have dual Xeon X5670s and 40GB of RAM, also a 1000w power supply. I was thinking of an RX 570. No specific purpose in mind, just looking to beef my PC up a bit.

There is no other card but the 570 that's budget-friendly. The next step up is GTX 1660, but it's $100 more.

>Budget
Rx570 or vega56
What resolution are you targeting? 1080p?

>why would i bother with AMD, ive always had good luck with intel
Literal definition of brand loyalty in a sentence

Cinema 4D's rendering is multithreaded and AMD is better for the money than Intel there by far, and offers the best CPU period for that with the 2990WX.
But the actual modeling in the program is fairly single threaded afaik.

Compared to a 9700k, the 2700X is generally going to be better in that use case. It's 8c/8t vs 8c/16t...

RX570 is the best value by far, period. Nothing else comes close except when the RX580 is on sale and close in price. If all you're looking for is 60fps+ in all but the most demanding games, yes that's what you should get.

>why would i bother with AMD, ive always had good luck with intel
lol?

My monitor is only 1280x1024, but I'm not too worried about resolution, since I only do a little bit of video stuff. I just have a few projects running at once and would benefit from a performance increase.
Yeah, I'll gonna go with the RX570. Thanks.

Get a cheap ass 1080p monitor dude. Why are you running on boomer resolutions?

H100i pro is alright. If you want to save money, the best budget aio on the market is the evga clc240.

Well, since I mostly just stick to text I'm fine with it. I got the monitor for free.

You can literally get a new 1080p monitor for under $100, so the used prices would be even cheaper if you give zero shits about its quality. Using your old monitor as a secondary one is great for doing work.

I just don't see the need for it. I wouldn't gain anything from the upgrade.

Quick reminder that there's no such thing as fine wine.

i'm cringing at you right now. i just spent $1500 buying pc parts and i don't even know if they're all going to fit together. lol you're pooor.

More windows open, more shit that can fit on your screen at once, an additional monitor for even more space. Great for comparing different documents and typing down notes without as much (or with the complete absence of) alt tabbing.

My PC only cost $180 and only needs a new GPU. I'm glad I don't have to spend a lot of money.
I use i3 and have never felt like I need more space. I can always open new workspaces and quickly switch between them.

Text looks better at higher resolutions.
You need a minimum of 1440p for nice comfy text rendering, really. Granted, you can run 1440p on a 1080p monitor supersampled.

You can get a 1080p 75hz IPS for like $80-$110..
You're missing out, but okay.

h100i is garbage

sure man, its just a company i trust and default to. im fine with AMD i just havent heard any particular reason i should switch.

i have never picked up cinema4d before. just something im considering. mainly will be after effects, photoshop, premiere, and vidya games. should i still consider the 2700x?

cool, i'll check that one out thanks.

what would you recommend instead?

>Pushing needless consumerism

Who are you quoting?

I am upgrading my budget gaming pc. I have about 30euros and i came across 2 case fans i could put in since i have no case fans.

my choices : be quiet! BL044 Pure Wings 2, ARCTIC F8-80 mm Standard

What is best choice ? Should i buy another one? Id rather not spend too much money.

I looked around and I can't find anything at higher resolutions that isn't widescreen.

>sure man, its just a company i trust and default to. im fine with AMD i just havent heard any particular reason i should switch.
Cheaper, more efficient, and the 2700X seems better for your use case than the 9700k.

It's not needless. Less pixelated text is more comfy.

80mm? Why even bother honestly.

I mean you could get 1600x1200 but it's going to be ancient.
You can get 1920x1200 IPS for around $120 which is a bit in between and my personal preference (actually I prefer 5:3 but 16:10 is close enough)

$120? That costs almost as much as my PC.

t. braindead idiotic AMD fanboy.

Swapped to a Nvidia Card last year, and the experience is amazing by comparison. With my Radeon card, I remember objects wouldn't render properly on Space Engineers and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed would frequently crash randomly. Nvidia's in-game overlay and software in general is also light years better than AMD's.

LOL
I can guarantee you if anyone wants to get into 3D modeling & GPU-rendering, they sure as fuck aren't buying an AMD card.

Are Nvidia cards working correctly with freesync monitors now? Is there any advantage to getting an AMD card or Nvidia for freesync?

alright, updated it with the 2700x and compatible mobo.

thoughts on this instead of my previous option? playing metro exodus at 1440p/60, after effects work and photoshop / adobe premiere video editing

pcpartpicker.com/user/PrivateJoker27/saved/YDmq3C

if I remember you need a monitor with display port for Nvidia freesync

And?
I'd spend more on a monitor than I would on a PC in many circumstances.
What are you looking at right now? Your MONITOR, not your PC. It makes a larger impact for that to be nice than your PC.

But again, my opinion, and you are happy with what you've got it seems.

>Is there any advantage to getting an AMD card or Nvidia for freesync?

There were initially flickering and other issues with Nvidia on Freesync with loads of monitors, but I haven't been hearing of such widespread problems lately.
And yeah, only over Display Port.

I hope you already played Metro Exodus and aren't building a PC for it only to get disappointed in how mediocre it is.

lol i'm not, just using it as a reference because it's the newest thing i plan on playing. nothing im currently looking forward to or anything that's newer that's out. i liked the previous ones though.

>It makes a larger impact for that to be nice than your PC.
Does it? It's going to be only displaying text or a background image 80% of the time.

Give me some juicy Ryzen 2 leaks. Tell me I'll have an excuse to build a new PC.

same, I want upgrade my pc but I don't know what

Attached: Speccy64_2019-04-29_10-27-27.png (650x473, 38K)

stop being a mindless consumer to fill the void in your shitty life. go and join a class or a gym or something.

Attached: 1554873596886.jpg (500x602, 41K)

No

You're not me

I'm just not sure about future Ryzens compare my actual build.

Attached: D4DWiXsW4AEyMBP.jpg (640x640, 78K)

I have old and different monitors running and I'm considering chaning them for 3 equal monitors, but it's been so long since I've purchased a screen that I no longer know what should I be looking for right now.

The size should be good being 24" each.

I'm about to spend literally all my savings on a PC, someone speak some sense back to me.

>RX570 is the best value by far, period.
kek, before the gtx1650 arrived noone cared about that shitty card. rx570 is a hot and loud mess that will be completely obsolete in a few months.

All your save?
For learn something and get a (better?) job? YES.
For games and jerk off all days? No.

why save it? inflation wil just eat away all youve saved, if you cant invest it, spend it.

Depends how's your life. When you have low income, it's better to save some money incase shit happens.

If you want a gaming build, save until you only to spend 50% of your money.

Because the mods are basedboys themselves?
You forget but Jow Forums is not longer the bastion of free speech you think it is.

I wonder.... Nigger

I tell myself it's for the former
I'm gonna end up with the latter

I honestly could keep my good ol ivy bridge computer a bit longer but the temptation is strong and my PC is only going to decline more and more.