So I thought 16gb was good enough... thanks /pcb/ never taking advice from a general again

So I thought 16gb was good enough... thanks /pcb/ never taking advice from a general again

Attached: 16 is enough bro.jpg (176x290, 13K)

I've had 32GB for the past half-decade and it works great for everything I've thrown at it. 16GB is too constrained. I assume you're doing actual work in which case you shouldn't take advice from a general filled with kids that have never had a job.

Yeah I should have known better.

>buying more memeory
512mb or bust

>windows
lmao buckle up kiddo, 64gb ram is required for a base install

hello world in java?

Nope, just Winshit as usual, sitting here with a web browser, music, notes/text editor, etc and at

I have 2GB but never actually waste more than 500 thanks to x86 software.
FUCK x64
AND FUCK THE FUTURE

Free RAM is wasted RAM

>x64
What? You mean x86?

* cries in 8gb
LET THE NIGHTMARE END I WANT TO USE VMS TOO

you aren't funny.

Attached: I7SvtiV.jpg (800x600, 62K)

I'm not trying to be. I genuinely dislike it when people refer to x86 as x64.

I do school work, run crpyto miners, play gayms, NEVER do I use my full 16gb. You've got a memory leak or youre full fucking autistic.

You genuinely dislike it when people use correct terminology?
Ask me how I know youre an austic neet.

It isn't correct. You're confusing the name of the ISA, x86, with integer values. x86 can be 16-bit, 32-bit, or 64-bit. But it is still all x86.

> posts shit jpg
> makes claim
> posts no other explanation
great blog post, faggot.

22GB for me.
Smooth sailing, never needs a reboot, except kernel/core system components.
Can handle 4K, takes hours however (as usual). 2009-era machine, manufacturer's "limit" is 8GB.
HP customer service said anything more than 8GB, machine will not power on. Proved the shitheadsuckers wrong.

*4K video encoding takes hours, after editing is done and render button hit.

/pcbg/ clearly states that 16gb is standard and 32gb for heavy workloads. You clearly have heavy workload, so fuck off for being retarded

256MB is fine for MS office work and dualbooting debian for programming, if you like vidya or CAD (especially rendering) use a seperate windows 7 machine 8-16GB RAM is more than enough even if you just edit your startup config

Attached: specs_oct_17.png (685x546, 59K)

640K ought to be enough for anyone.

>crpyto miners,
Bwaahhahahahahahah

Normalfags can do literally anything on a 4GB Ram windows 10, you are just an idiot.

>not having 32GiB in 2019.
oh no no

256MB is plenty to run EoSD and PCB, should be enough for anything up to SA even.

t. Autistic retard with a memory leak

After 16gb the more ram you have the less iq you have

oh

Attached: Screenshot (380).png (1022x170, 20K)

that's what you get for using windoze

Attached: iNve04Ph.jpg (802x435, 91K)

4gb here, yeah I know.. And I still use virtual machine, it's laggy but I'm addicted

I'd argue that. Sure amd was given a free license because Intel couldn't figure out how to make a cross compatible 64 bit processor that would work with x86. But x86 and 64 do have different instruction sets though not vastly different. There's also other differences. People just think x86 and 64 are the same but it's only because of cross compatibility.

The same could be said of 16-bit x86. But no one calls it something different. Just say "64-bit x86". x64 makes no sense on any level.

x86_64

You need more than 4gb of ram? Smh zooms these days

>"doing actual work"
>gimp
hahahahaah

I don't get you people. I use Windows 10 with 8gb of RAM, open up Chrome with 5-6 tabs + other miscellaneous programs and I pretty much never go over 6gb. Does chrome work differently on different machines or something? NEVER had RAM problems

16-bit, 32-bit and 64-bit "x86" are in fact different instruction sets. The 64-bit ISA has no "standard" name. AMD calls it AMD64, Intel calls it IntelĀ® 64 and programmers usually call it x64 or amd64.
Trying to police the usage of x64 is stupid, you see, both because x64 is a standard and well-known term, and because nobody of any consequence gives a shit what you call it.

>I use Windows 10
Please leave, wintoddler.

It's x86-64

>programmers usually call it x64
None that I know of.

Thank you, Wikipedianon, but you are adding three syllables for no disambiguation benefit.
Maybe you only know Linux programmers.

>Maybe you only know Linux programmers.
macOS and BSD programmers don't call it x64 either.

x86 is the instruction set, 64 is the architecture. "x64" means literally nothing.

>So I thought 16gb was good enough
For what?

Gee, I wonder what other platform you may be forgetting about. You know, the one with more users than Linux, macOS and the BSDs combined.
This is straight-up trolling.

>Gee, I wonder what other platform you may be forgetting about. You know, the one with more users than Linux, macOS and the BSDs combined.
I don't care what pajeets think. Sorry.

when i'm finally switching to poozen i'm gonna get 2x16GBs of ram, and after a year i'm gonna add two more
ram is getting cheap as fuck, why would anyone be a ramlet now?

Oh, sorry, user. I forgot this was a safe space. You have my sincere apologies for breaking your community's Code of Conduct by offering details about the non-free software industry. I'll show myself out.

Just stay in your own country, street shitter.