Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 1537780909780.jpg (292x200, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
s2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1550/32/1550329194935.png
wikihow.com/Remove-Write-Protection-on-an-SD-Card
amazon.com/Apple-Watch-GPS-44mm-Space-Aluminium/dp/B07K3HLMTF/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=apple watch&qid=1556539404&s=gateway&sr=8-3
ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#subtitles
media.ccc.de/v/30C3_-_5294_-_en_-_saal_1_-_201312291400_-_the_exploration_and_exploitation_of_an_sd_memory_card_-_bunnie_-_xobs
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Locale#Variables
pastebin.com/JPeXfrWq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is the best mail client for Android now that Boxer is shit?

Attached: email-logo.png (600x596, 239K)

Is there something wrong with VirtualBox's website right now?
I'm not allowed to download anything from their servers
Just throws "Unauthorized Request" and nothing more
virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

K9

Not just you. Their SSL certificate is invalid. Doesn't include download.virtualbox.org, only download.oracle.com. Apparently it's been like this for a couple days

Someone please help a brainlet.

I just have default settings for ublock on Jow Forums and it's worked fine for years until the latest update. It's not blocking any of the Jow Forums requests and only is filtering ads from what I can see

Attached: 1531284196603.png (562x301, 39K)

huh and it works on 4channel but not Jow Forums

uBlock or uBlock origin?

ublock origin

How do I make Task Manager dark? Shit hurts my eyes at night. The Windows dark theme doesn't affect it. The high contrast black theme does affect it (pic related), it looks kinda retarded but I greatly prefer this look over blinding white. However the theme also makes a bunch of other programs look retarded. Is there a way to apply the high contrast theme to Task Manager only?

Also I found this in the archive, how the fuck did you do this user?
s2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1550/32/1550329194935.png

Attached: ss (2019-04-28 at 06.16.24).png (655x543, 35K)

Hour and a half later, startup repair still searching for problems.

i've gotten the blinking cursor whenever i try to boot into my ubuntu partition. is there any easy way of fixing this without reinstalling everything? i have access to the boot drive in windows.

Attached: 1396737821721.jpg (367x512, 34K)

so i have a calendar as a text file.
the syntax is like this
># APRIL
>04 visit mother
>01 go shopping
># MARCH
>30 go to church
>...

i have written this little script to show this month's agenda, using 2 sed matches, one to find the current month line and other to stop at the line with the name of the last month (although this could be also simplified with the next occurance of #)
how do i omit the first and the last lines (month names) in my sed print?
>pic related

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-29 09-39-06.png (719x148, 21K)

Can I do iOS development on Linux using something like VMware? Is that possible?

I got a stupid question, I need to run a ~10 Meter Ethernet cable since my PC has no WiFi.
Which cable should I use and will it effect performance in a non-negligible manner?

>green - ear phone
>red - micro phone
but what is blue?

here is picture

Attached: file.png (208x171, 68K)

You can use head and tail programs to remove first and last line. Not sed, but a solution nonetheless.

Line in.

ive always been under the impression that 80C is the hottest you wanna let your pc get
now im reading that its actually recommended to stay close to 65C
have i been cooking my PC over the last 7 years with this 80C nonsense?

Attached: file.png (500x500, 204K)

yes

many ssds will start throttling to dogshit levels of performance at just 50 C

Should I buy an 1 usd 3-meter HDMI cable or a 10 usd one? My cheap HDMI just stopped working and showing weird green/red artifacts after 1 year of use. Which replacement cable should I buy?

What the fuck is Disk5 in the windows 95 setup? Apparently the install CD doesn't have it.

Attached: aaa.png (404x217, 8K)

3 hours now. A google search reveals this can take anywhere from like 6 hours to several days.
Yay

You might as well run cat6 since its not really more expensive than 5e these days. If its going in the wall building codes probably require you to use "plenum rated" stuff with insulation that won't burn and spread fires around your house.

you'd probably be better off buying 10 1 dollar cables than 1 10 dollar cable desu

Get some powerline adapters, otherwise performance would be non negligible
depends what component, realistically anything over 100c is too much so you're fine

cant find usermod in /bin/ or /usr/sbin/ what do?

which usermod

should tell you where it is, its in /usr/sbin on my system. be root when you run that or which will profess ignorance.

i found out that even as root it is hidden, i had to use sudo as root to even run it let alone have which tell me where it was (sbin) a very confusing adventure!

how can i configure the https everywhere in my firefox to function exactly like the one in tor browser? mine constantly blocks access to some sites and overall is clunky while in tor it just works.

Attached: https.jpg (453x595, 62K)

hey so i played some more with sed and actually made a legit pattern
I also improved the script to stop at the next # and added a feature to use a parameter to list a specific month

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-29 12-26-39.png (785x306, 35K)

Whats a good smartwatch?

g-shock

>Computer boot loops with a mains powered usb hub
>Eventually turns on
>Won't recognise any devices
>Devices all have power from the mains
>Replace the hubs USB cable
>Everything working fine

If the devices weren't able to interact with the computer why did it boot loop? I thought the computer may be trying to boot from them but usb boot is at the bottom of the list in bios

If I have a set of 10 and I pick 6 elements at random, without replacement, what is the probability of a given single element being picked? From my statistics course years ago I'm fairly certain it's not just 60%, but I can't remember or figure out what it actually is.

Can you choose which temperature sensor screenfetch uses to display cpu temp?

How do I stop Windows from being retarded? Googling it only gives some pajeet vids with more dislikes than likes.

Attached: unknown[1].png (314x352, 23K)

Gentoo

/p/ here
I have a SD card which I use in my camera, I've tried formatting it and it gives me a write protected error message, after following this advice:
>wikihow.com/Remove-Write-Protection-on-an-SD-Card
it still does not allow me to format the SD card.
Please assist
>pic unrelated

Attached: 1484936954399.jpg (3059x2048, 758K)

isn't this obviated by HSTS cache? (stupid question maybe?)

can ffmpeg convert to different containers?

yes, it's called remuxing
for example;
ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -map 0 -c copy output.mkv
if you get an error, check the output format supports the input streams (for example, you cannot put h.264 video into a webm container)

is there a switch to hardsub?

amazon.com/Apple-Watch-GPS-44mm-Space-Aluminium/dp/B07K3HLMTF/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=apple watch&qid=1556539404&s=gateway&sr=8-3

boot into live enviorment/rescue mode.
(if you booted live cd the chroot into your system partition)
edit /etc/default/grub by removing "quiet" from kernel parameters.
update grub.
google message at what moment it hangs.
Rest should be relatively easy

yes, ffmpeg can hardsub as well, but this requires you to transcode the video, since hardsubbing makes the subtitles part of the video images themselves
ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#subtitles
note; if you have separate subtitle files and just want to make a softsub, you can do that without transcoding, like;
ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -i subtitle.ass -map 0 -map 1 -c copy output_subs.mkv
or if you want to make an mp4 with subtitles, there is a softsub option for that, but you must convert the subtitles to mov_text format, since that's all mp4 supports
ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -i subs.srt -map 0 -map 1 -c:s mov_text -c copy output_softsub.mp4

If the controller inside the SD card encounters (too many) write errors when writing to flash memory, it will often permanently set the card to read-only mode, which overrides hardware switches or OS read-only flags.
In that case it's impossible to make the card writable again without hacking its micro controller [1], something that hasn't been done in practice yet, and you most likely have to replace it.

[1] media.ccc.de/v/30C3_-_5294_-_en_-_saal_1_-_201312291400_-_the_exploration_and_exploitation_of_an_sd_memory_card_-_bunnie_-_xobs

How feasible are wormhole drives

It's a new SD card which I bought in November 2018, Samsung Evo Select.
Crap, not really keen to send it back to Amazon as I'm from South Africa.

Okay I tried it in my camera (first deleting the images and then formatting [last time formatting didn't work]) and it worked in that order.
I'll just try and use the camera's firmware? to manage the space on my card.
Thanks for the assistance user.

i have arch, everything uses english, en_US etc
just the keyboard is swapped to cz with sedxkb
is there a way to change the month names to cz, but keep the rest of the system having english as a locale?

Yes, just set the LC_TIME variable in addition to LANG.
% echo $LANG
en_US.UTF-8
% date
Mon Apr 29 14:51:32 CEST 2019
% LC_TIME=cs_CZ.UTF-8 date
Po dub 29 14:51:33 CEST 2019
Maybe you want to set some other variables too if you want strings to be sorted by Czech instead of US American language rules, for example.
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Locale#Variables

Looking for better window manager for windows, since clover is shit crashes pretty often and does seemingly random updates that do nothing. Most i care about is ability to have tabs in one window.

Attached: 1554686356030.gif (343x284, 933K)

I fall asleepy for one night and you ruin the thread again!
a-at least you got the OP text right?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

i once saw a comparison of gnu awk vs busybox awk or something. it showed what mass gnu coreutils are. does anybody have that picture?

I wanna write a simple app for my Apple Watch. Do I need a Mac computer to do this? I remember reading somewhere you can only program and compile programs for Apple products on their own hardware due to some bullshit on apples end

Any windows program to clone partition to ssd?

Attached: 1556370212287.png (442x354, 38K)

The SSDs dashboards if you bought an ADATA, WD/Sandisk or Samsung SSD.

this and you need to pay 100$ a year.

Macrium Reflect.

should I fear NSA botnet if Iive in yurop? East europe to be more precise

is it possible to replace the default min/max/close buttons of bblean? i'm trying to match it with my current theme and i'm wondering if it's possible

Attached: Capture.png (548x448, 302K)

I accidentally swallowed some detergent from a spoon that was soaked in detergent that due to a fuckup ended up in my cake.
Am I going to be ok?

Attached: png(1).png (626x885, 368K)

there's this application I'd like to use but they made a horrendous change to their UI that I'd like to revert. I have the git repo here and I know which file is relevant to the UI changes.
Is there a (set of) git command(s) that allows me to edit/remove these commits so I can undo this hideous GUI.

`git revert` has no option to filter out a specific file.
`git rebase` is too much commits but `-i` would allow me to fix any errors.
any other ideas?

git checkout

that will not get me anywhere since it will remove all the other (good) commits if I branch off there.

I'll need to be able to redo the commits and test them inbetween

I'm trying to find the cheapest way to connect two computers above 1gbps which led me on to SFP and SFP+ etc. What drawbacks does SFP+ have apart from having to fuck around with modules instead of just plugging in a rj45 cable?

I've got a 3 year old Acer laptop running windows 10 and i need to know how to transfer all my programs and data to a new Acer laptop running windows 10. Apparently 10 doesn't have Windows Easy Transfer

I would have asked this on /tv/ but they won't know.

Is there an easy way to 'edit' a movie on a blu ray disc? Basically I have a movie that includes a bunch of deleted scenes that weren't in the theatrical version and I want to edit them out.

If you ever drink stuff that can cause burning (bleach or white spirit) you shouldn't drink water or make yourself throw up cause basically, you're making move it and it will burn you more. Contact a doctor and ask for serious advices.

I think people misunderstand the role of the NSA. I don't believe it exist mainly for the terrorism, that's just an excuse. I think it's mostly about having stuff about its citizen, which you don't care, but also in order to spy other country's company and giving all the data to american companies. Mass industrial spying that can't be seen. I think snowden documents revealed something about it.
Then again, it's all about your chosen life style. Do you accept to be a data whore and be spoiled by big ass companies or be independent and use tools and services you paid or that can be trusted.

maybe it can be better to use a live linux distribution and use dd ?

The stock styling functionality of bbLean doesn't allow styling of the window decorations. You have to load a "window skinner" plugin such as bbLeanSkin (it seems there are several forks of it – the project on Sourceforge ships with bbLeanSkin+, which comes with alternative skins featuring buttons like image related), which allows you to configure which buttons to show and with what icons.

Attached: buttons_Shoat.png (61x21, 245)

Is the disc writable? IIRC they have a ton of DRM so even if you have a Blu-ray burner, it might be tricky.
Things you can definitely do:
>rip the disc and edit the video file on your PC
>burn a Blu-ray disc using your edited files (if you have a burner, obviously)
BUT:
>such homemade discs might not be playable on commercial dedicated Blu-ray players
>it may or may not be possible to overwrite the old disc, as opposed to using a new one
I'd recommend ripping the disc and then ditching it and playing from your PC.

I'm currently living in an old building and the electrical installation isn't grounded properly, the landlord won't do shit about it and I'm getting electrical tingling through my laptop.

Is there a relatively easy way to fix or limit this?

why do i get phone app notifications much slower on my wifi than 4G?

it never used to be an issue, and my internet speed is alrightt

on 4G they are instant, when im connected to my home wifi sometimes theyre like 1hr + delayed

Die then sue the landlord to get rich

install gentoo

I want to share a usb 3.0 external disk on my network from a linux machine (openwrt) for my windows machine. There seem to be problems when trying to mount the ntfs partition (no sda device). Should I choose some other format or ntfs would be the easiest for the win machines ?

thx

you need xcode to develop apple stuff, don't you? you can set up a mac vm but that's illegal so nobody gives a shit.

Shall I put my dick in the power outlet?

Put a grounded outlet and run a 14 AWG wire from the ground terminal of the outlet to a water pipe

it should be small enough to fit, go for it.

Thank you I'll look into it.

I will do this if everything else fails.

if I have a weak laptop with a low power cpu or an old cpu, should I use it to ssh into a stronger desktop at home? I considered getting a very cheap laptop but its so weak I can barely do things.

Already asked this in /spg/ but no one answers me so ill try it here. Ive created a mi account to unlock one of my phones but as soon as i try to login into the official forum i get this pastebin.com/JPeXfrWq Any way i can fix it or someone that can tell me what i did wrong? Ive thought it might have been my email adress being too long but i get the exact same error when i try to login with a different account with a way shorter email. Thanks

>decide to organize all my photos
>multiple copies across devices (HDDs, DVDs, CDs)
>some are semi-corrupt (green regions)
>some others somehow are resized
>most of them don't have metadata (date, gps, camera settings)
is there a tool that can help me add at least the date/place in which the photo was taken? also if there is a solution for the duplication problem, since modification dates/photo size/ file size are not trustworthy

can someone give me some good examples of network programming? I have a very vague concept of it and the more I look into it the more contradictions I get. From what I can tell it involves the use of the OSI model and making programs primarily based around operating in layers 3 and 4 right? Or is it based on SDNs and the like?

Does a water cooled or an AIO system produce less "room heat" than a regular fan system?

What book should I use to study for the CISSP?

Thermodynamics don't work that way, m8

So no difference.

Is it possible to physically look through my memory card? Like if I open my computer and take the memory thing out can I look for a certain file that I've lost?

Maybe if you have an electron microscope, but make sure to freeze it in liquid nitrogen because otherwise it will lose its state quickly when unpowered

1/10+1/9+1/8+1/7+1/6+1/5, so about 85%.
They're more efficient in removing the heat from the CPU, if anything the room would be hotter but I'm not sure about that. It won't be colder though.

This is more of a hardware related issue.
My PC has been frequently crashing under load (sometimes wth a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bsod)
I've replaced my PSU, motherboard and CPU.
My GPU is from an older, stable build.
I've used Memtest on my ram and it was apparently fine.
And I've reinstalled the OS twice.

My question is, how the hell do I find out what the issue is?

Attached: 1544906224019.png (692x677, 538K)

So I'm on my laptop and my earphones are plugged in. My hand slipped as I was messing around with them and I accidentally pressed some keys on the right side of the laptop (no numpad so around the Enter key area)
All of a sudden, my speakers started playing audio as if someone was talking. I couldn't tell what was said, but I have no audio tabs or media players open or playing. It was pretty quiet, and though my earphones were plugged in, it definitely came through my speakers which in itself is odd. It was only a second or two then faded back out.

What could this have been? I'm on Windows.

How do I delete all data on my phone without removing the OS? I am selling it to someone and I don't want them to be able to find anything private on it. Factory reset is not enough. I don't trust it.

Enable encryption, let it encrypt everything, then factory reset.

Can I change the font color in windows 10? I hate the black and white theme, but if you change the taskbar color, the font is still white thus making anything other than black look bad.