Systemd appreciation

>when systemd just handles your init
>when systemd just manages your services
>when systemd just makes your life better

Attached: 1514744975512.jpg (600x590, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lkml.org/lkml/2017/7/6/577
youtube.com/watch?v=o_AIw9bGogo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>said no one, ever

Attached: 1532937000814.png (400x400, 154K)

>when systemd refuses to shutdown your computer

Attached: IMG_2070.png (657x527, 34K)

>when you're videochatting wirh someone, and start to tell them about the jews, but systemd shuts the call down, displaying the message: "I'm afraid I cannot let you do that, John."

sounds like a decent sci-fi movie

Attached: pedro.png (666x666, 224K)

it has flaws but what it replaced was an utter crap

As if

I love when it does that

Attached: j3haycuostv01.png (1280x720, 542K)

Found the Debianigger

based if true

I use arch

Attached: sneed.png (784x601, 638K)

>when a child loses its parent and systemd adopts it

Attached: 1541428548671.png (657x527, 27K)

based

KEK that would've been my second guess, but I expected you to realize generalizing your broken distro's problems is dumb

Attached: 1556540243.png (498x434, 220K)

>When your system refuses to boot because systemd cant read its own logs.

>when Linux crashes muh shit
:(

Install GNU

pacman fucked muh shit up

>p-pacman didn't fucked it up! Y-You fucked it up!!!!!!!!!

or I could just have Windows ;)

systemd is flawless and I love it dearly.
pic unrelated.

Attached: systemd.jpg (1200x800, 104K)

"...I feel like I can no longer trust 'init' to do the sane thing."
lkml.org/lkml/2017/7/6/577

Why the fuck would you trannies ever touch this shit with a ten foot pole?

Attached: 1396645988903.png (743x625, 218K)

kek

>keeping muh kernelspace pure
BASED

Attached: incredible.png (1058x1183, 172K)

>fails to resolve domain names
nothing personnel

Attached: SYSTEMD-e1434229775958.gif (1968x639, 40K)

Linus is salty that systemd is fixing his broken kernel after the fact?

Attached: 1556279539265.jpg (580x543, 117K)

> systemd is fixing his broken kernel
Systemd cannnot "fix" anything, it's a program.
Pottering always was honest about distro support: if you aren't Red Hat, you can fuck right off.
Considering it's a POSIX spec, kernel isn't broken here, it just Pottering should be making his own kernel instead of fixing what's not broken.

Plus her flaws make her cute.

>her
implying

Everytime i shutdown or reboot, systemd tells me that it was unable to unmount /var. Upon research i've found out that this "bug" is something to be ignored and that there is no actual solution other than waiting for the next release to be fixed

>shutdown or reboot
For what purpose? Systemd will keep your system running until you return.

Attached: 309E349D-6FBE-428B-8515-DB0A56570B95.jpg (681x384, 115K)

Lennart "Not a bug" Pottering shouldn't even be managing pulse audio, let alone an init system. Pic related. He's technically and socially incompetent with respect to the project he's running. Dismissing serious vulnerabilities like this is reason for grave concern, either he's incompetent or he's compromised by some state actor.

Either way, I don't want his shit anywhere near a system I care about.

Attached: jesusfuckingchrist.png (1049x1683, 187K)

>pic
I don't see the problem tho?
I mean yeah making an username with 0 at beginning would make it root
but that's why you don't make it start with 0 in the first place
what the fuck

hes right you know

This is like complaining to the compiler writer that your C program doesn’t work because you wrote some UB.

its literally the same as launchd which all of you love. lmao

> yeah making an username with 0 at beginning would make it root
Fire up Debian 7 and try it.
Also there was that vuln where if you give a user high enough uid, there's a var overflow in systemd and in thinks that used is uid 0.

My sides

>init
Consider GNU Daemon Shepherd.

>Lennart "Not a bug" Pottering
also known as
>not redhat, fuck off

Attached: 1549854389153.jpg (864x576, 147K)

He is right.

poettering is so based, unix defaults are only restraining and no one sane sticks to them or they'll be stuck in the stone age forever.

>tfw it's time for your daily systemd package update

Attached: 1556552302098s.jpg (250x250, 7K)

I don't get it, he's absolutely right.

all programs come with shitty defaults, these faggots are overreacting because it's systemd and they've been brainwashed by the devuan basedboys

And yet a commit was accepted to fix that very vulnerability.
Neck yourself.

This. The absolute madman is not afraid to challenge the status quo.

More like, systemd is shit and tried to shit up the kernel so that it wouldn't have to fix its retarded sheanigans.

Lennart is confusing nohup/disown on a job with a user still being logged in. Then he argues that allowing a job to run is a security vulnerability. What's his alternative, the user leave their session open and unattended? So how else are you to run a job overnight? What if your wifi gets disconnected? What about starting a job, and checking on it after you commute home?

Unix allows a user to logout with jobs still running in the background. This is a 30+ y.o. expected system behavior. It's a feature, not a bug. The actual bug is systemd intentionally killing explicitly nohup-ed jobs. You can't come in and "fix" things like this at the behest of your sponsors, and then act shocked when people who have been using posix compliant systems longer than you've been alive, get pissed off and question your competence.

kys winbabies

we would all have windows if it was free

>Lennart is confusing nohup/disown on a job with a user still being logged in.
No, YOU'RE confusing nohup/disown. All nohup does is protect a process from SIGHUP. systemd doesn't change this. All disown does is protect a process from the shell sending SIGHUP. systemd doesn't change this.

>Unix allows a user to logout with jobs still running in the background.
And so does systemd, are you literally retarded?

He already told you that you could change this behavior both during compile time and runtime, there's really no need to cry about it online like this, lay off the onions you fucking baby.

NobI wouldn't, it is shit

>Nobl
No I

SMF >>> systemd
that is all

>Lennart "Not a Pug" Buttering

KEK

What's your game, user.

>winbabies
systemd is inspired by launchd though, not a windows init system

based poettering

yikes

Kek'd hard on this one

>Arch
Lmao

looks like someone couldn't install it

Systemd was the kick in the ass I needed to stop using Arch and start using good distros like Slackware. Thanks systemd!

Attached: 1555714073091.png (909x858, 627K)

I used arch for about 2 years. Then I got a new computer and moved on to Ubuntu. Following a guide doesn't make you a l33t hax0r brainlet

>Slackware
lel

youtube.com/watch?v=o_AIw9bGogo

i mean if you don't know what the commands do then yes. but from arch to ubuntu? why would you switch to the most bloated disgusting distro?

I had the same problem when i was on arch. Literally hanged when it was about to shutdown and even worse it happened at random.

Right now i'm on the OpenRC master race so of course it's a thing of the past for me.

>"Init is invoked as the last step of the boot procedure. Generally its role is to create a process for each typewriter..."
>"LOL whut? This shit is old fashioned!"

He starts off with reading a man page from 1979 and acts confused at the terminology. He knows what a teletype machine is, so his only intent here is to prejudice his audience.

>"Comments are disabled for this video."

Yeah, I wonder why. Hebrew thought patterns detected.

Attached: 3a3.png (680x697, 899K)

Because I went from arch+ i3 to using KDE plasma and just used kubuntu because I don't have autism. Bloat is a buzzword here and people like to jerk off to # of packages installed for some reason.

it's not a buzzword, it's disgustingly bloated. you install the distro and it comes with a million things that you don't need and it's slow as shit. i can respect plasma though, i went i3 to that too. peak comfy

It's not slow at all. It's a buzzword that doesn't mean much. The ram usage difference between kubuntu and arch + kde plasma is within margin of error

>not redhat, fuck off
based, Fedora is the only good desktop distro and CentOS/RHEL are the best for servers. Every other distro is useless when these exist except if you're a special snowflake that visits desktop threads and posts in them regularly because "they are not controled by developer lel I'm so cool look at my anime wallpaper"

based

Attached: 1409821566964.jpg (1024x1500, 213K)

Didn't they also try to insert systemd code in a terminal emulator once?