How do we fix heat problems in computers? How do we fix it on laptops?

How do we fix heat problems in computers? How do we fix it on laptops?

There has to be a better way than shitty fans.

Attached: 1556552545581.webm (640x640, 2.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dfbcD248n4Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just don't buy AMD.

develop a cpu so powerful that nobody ever uses more than 20% of its capabilities and, as a result, runs at idle temps all of the time.

>Heat problems in computers
Stop buying meme micro ITX cases and you'll be fine.
>How do we fix it on laptops?
Buy a PC you nigger.

The 1500W power supply philosophy.

there is. it's called a liquid cooler.

>micro itx

Do I look like I give a fuck if it's mini or micro? It's meme shit either way and a guaranteed way to spot niggers.

>intel cpu literally boiling dot webm

You have to move the heat away somehow. What substance makes the most sense for that purpose?
1. Gas
2. Liquid
3. Solid

#3 is impractical if not impossible; #2 is impractical for most people, though it's sometimes used in datacenters (build next to a river and put heat exchangers in the water). Air is really the only thing that makes sense 99% of the time, and how else will you move air than with some kind of fan?

Develop a better ISA. The ones we have now are between 30 and 50 years old. And it shows.

>There has to be a better way than shitty fans.
>transfer heat from CPU to the walls and top of the fish tank
>those get hot too
>still have to dissipate the heat with an air cooler
>the entire scheme is an elaborate autofellatio

>? How do we fix it on laptops?
Make them thicker to fit larger coolers.

Stop being constrained by pre-built cases. Make your own case.

Attached: Desktop computer case with giant fan.jpg (640x480, 106K)

Think outside the box!

Attached: Wire rack shelf computer case caseless.jpg (960x854, 173K)

The phase change process is massively more energy dense than just conducting heat with the flow of water or metal surfaces.

Phase change is already employed in heat pipes and vapor chambers.

>solid
>impractical if not impossible
>what are heatsinks

Yes goy get the i9 thermobaric experience. DELID

A heatsink is actually an elaborate device that uses phase changing fluid in the heat pipes to transfer heat to atmospheric air through the fin stack.

In all seriousness, OP's pic is using a non conductive coolant that boils at 60C and using the state change to consume the excess heat energy.

>In all seriousness, OP's pic is using a non conductive coolant that boils at 60C
Just like the heat pipes.
> using the state change to consume the excess heat energy.

It doesn't consume shit, it only transfers it from a hot place to a cold place (radiator)

Phase change is just a step in the heat transfer process. What happens at the condenser? There are fins to transfer the heat to air to be carried away.

Heatsinks which are used to transfer the heat to... the air. You could have a really huge heatsink and rely completely on passive airflow, but for practical purposes fans are used to force air which greatly increases the rate of heat transfer.

At the end of the day, you're pretty much always going to have to move the heat to the air, and fans are the practical way to do that.

>It doesn't consume shit, it only transfers it from a hot place to a cold place (radiator)

You're right, consume was the wrong word, as the energy would be released when the steam condenses.

>At the end of the day, you're pretty much always going to have to move the heat to the air
What if I thermally connect my heat sink to the ocean? This might be harder on a laptop, but completely doable for a windows PC machine.

Some people have successfully gone and hooked their water cooling loops into huge tanks of water or plumbed them into something else external that acts as a gigantic radiator.

>What is nVidia Tegra

Just use a radiator from a semitruck.

An open loop system without any fans is very much possible with a large enough radiator convective flow will be enough.
youtube.com/watch?v=dfbcD248n4Y

You could, I covered that scenario It's just not practical for the vast majority of people.

Fans are pretty good. No matter what method you use to take the heat away from the CPU, at one point you'll have to dissipate it into surrounding air in all but the most uncommon of situations. No matter how big the radiator is, airflow from fans makes it much more effective at dissipating heat. Without fans the heatsinks used would have to be very big and very heavy.