Why do they always do stupid shit? Like how do they even profit?

Why do they always do stupid shit? Like how do they even profit?

Attached: sony-xperia-1-1.jpg (1600x1200, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=se21W6fJdIM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sony are the laziest niggers, do they even innovate anything?
Same old design for the past 6 generations, worse than fucking Apple.

I like phones with strict angles, why nobody makes them anymore?

>do they even innovate anything?
Wow. So many companies ate off Sony and this is what brainless people think of sony now

1. Why is your English so fucking shit
2. Because drop tests

Why mess with perfection?

I actually like Sony's phone designs but now they've gone full meme by ditching the headphone jack and SD slot.
They're just one among the masses now, their previous designs weren't innovative but they were fine, only ADHD kiddies need something new every year for the sake of being new

>how do they even profit?
vertical integration

1. same fucking reason as yours
2. didn't drop a phone once, never thought of it

But what are they doing now?

Pic related is Z3 from 2014
>looks almost exactly the same as the newest unreleased model.
>panels still look washed out, like a fucking $100 chinkphone
>same old UI that looks like a pajeet's custom launcher setup he posted on xda.

I haven't seen a Sony phone in public for years and it's for a reason.

Attached: sony-xperia-z3-01.jpg (580x500, 63K)

I just pulled the trigger on the Xperia xz1 that I've had on wishlist since it came out. Was waiting for it to go down in price. Lower than $499 for the silver one, anyway. But I happened to see the black international version was only like $269 new. I know it doesn't have a US warranty, but Im hoping there won't be any problems.

If it's anything, Sony needs to stop acting like this ultra-premium brand all the time and let go. There's no reason for a phone from 2 years ago (or 4-5 gens ago considering they release a new flagship every 6 months) to be $500.

youtube.com/watch?v=se21W6fJdIM

this video contains your answer why worry about phones when idiots will buy your consoles in droves?

Maybe it's because I like the Sony name and their design aesthetics. When I think of Sony (at least in regards to hardware) I think of their bulletproof 80's-90's designs that were trusted Japanese built.
I know it's unacceptable to be a brand whore, and I understand it, but it sucks seeing a once-trusted company fall so hard and having to let go of it.

If this international version of the xz1 sucks, at least I'll know I didn't spend that much, and I'll just move on to chink shit, sadly.

>move on to chink shit
What do you think Sony is?

Outside of having the shitty on-screen buttons it actually looks good. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Excuse me, but doesn't it look good? I'd buy something with that kind of design for sub $200.

The Z3 is a fine phone though.
I've not seen the more recent Sony panels but I'd be surprised if they looked washed out in comparison to others.
Also I'd rather have Sony's UI which is just a barely modified Android over TouchShit
I think they just use the stock Android on screen buttons now

I know, user. I know. It saddens me that they aren't Japanese-built anymore, which is why I'm seeing them fall hard. And why it annoys me that they still hold on to this premium, Japanese-built price points.

I loved Sony products for years, but their xperia support in the US is horrible. Bunch of lazy spics from bottom to managers, I know almost all of them by name now.
I'm never buying Sony again, if I'm getting shitty support might as well buy xiaomi or dooogeee

>I think they just use the stock Android on screen buttons now
What type of on-screen buttons they use is irrelevant. They're all shit. Bottom bezel should be used for keys just like it was on galaxy phones. It's was fucking perfect and more convenient than having to swipe the screen to get the controls while you're in a full screen app.

what dumb thing did they do?

I'm not really into that massive chin aesthetic, they put no effort into updating the UI and maximizing screen to body ratio.

I'm not saying it looks bad but it looks kinda outdated while costing as much as other high-end phones that are generations ahead design wise.
You might like that, but normies are not into that kind of thing which really makes me wonder how do they profit from this.

I haven't seen it in person but I've watched some videos and lets just say I expect much better from a $1000 phone.

The Compact series was the shit. But now they seem to have dropped it.

I hate the garbage cameras on Sony phones, plus no gcam and OIS until the longcat model. Even the XZ3 didn't have them, what a JOKE

XZ1 Compact is the last good one, but yeah, now they're following the mass market and are pumping out completely generic products to try and appease the fags who want nothing more than every phone to have the latest meme shit like no bezels

Doesn't every phone do this now though? Or does Samsung still have a separate bottom bezel for keys?

Just buy OnePlus 7 Pro, it's the best.

Who? Also this phone looks sexy desu

>telephones
literally who fucking cares lmao

Get a case

Attached: PinkMarbleBox-Lifestyle_2000x.jpg (2000x2000, 458K)

Their flagships removed the hardware navigation keys in S7 or S8.

Japanese tech industry in a nutshell. They only have meme shit like squirting toilets, not even their robotics are that impressive anymore, since Boston Dynamics blows everything nips build

X Compact w/ Sailfish OS here. I'm fine with it although it could be 0,1-0,2" shorter desu. Would make swipe from top even easier

Japanese tech is still the best.

>Boston Dynamics is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Japanese conglomerate SoftBank Group
as suspected, the Japs are deeply involved. Based nips

>2019
>imbglying all the phones don't look the same

Attached: Capture6.png (421x222, 69K)

it's like it's fucking pointless to do minor variations to phone design today

This actually looks like a good phone from Sony for once.

Have an XA2. I like it, it's pretty cool. Only real complaint is that Sony disabled many of the new features android pie brings, including gestures.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

It's overpriced trash with a shit vsmeray

You faggots always whine about stupid trends like notches. Yet you scold Sony for not following those trends.

>same old UI
Still looks better than Xiaomi and Huawei's UI.

It cost me $200 though. And wtf is a vsmeray

aesthetic desu

They bought Boston Dynamics because they can't make anything that's not meme. That doesn't mean they are the ones innovating. It's like claiming China made lol because tencent bought riot games

I had a Z3 until a few months ago when I dropped it and decided it wasn't worth the repair, so I just got a pocomeme.

The screen was onestly pretty good, not far from this pocomeme, but it got very slow because I was dumb enough to get the android updates (although it's cool they give them to older models). Also it got very hot from even normal use (especially camera/filming for some reason).

>sends fax

Yet another reason to hold my S4 till it dies.
Fuck the new phones.

>Also it got very hot from even normal use (especially camera/filming for some reason).
happened with my XZ too. Xperias are just shit. I can't wait to buy the OnePlus 7 Pro.

Should have gotten a Zenfone Max Pro M2 instead, only applicable if you're not a burger. Otherwise the Redmi Note 7.

You can buy an S6.

I actually like the design of that phone, fuck notches and shit, that's a phone with little bezels and looks really nice to hold

Or I could just continue to use what isn't broken and not spend money. I'll buy a phone when somebody produces something decent. The Droid 4 was my favorite by a long shot.

Every fucking phone nowadays is a rectangle with an almost bezeless screen.

Dumb fucking zoomers.

At least it hasn't got a fuck ugly notch. Apple made it cool to make your screen look like your dropped it on it's head, like your mom did to you.

Found my old Xperia s, this thing was a tank. Sadly, Sony has just been making the same shit everyone elso does for a while now.

Attached: IMG_20190429_234453.jpg (1024x1365, 277K)

Are those physical buttons on the white plastic strip?

No, there are tiny white dots above them which are touch sensitive

really like the new design, hate the small battery. :(

man the Sola sucked so hard. how I despise that piece of shit.
> gf needs a smartphone
> look around what we could afford
> Sola with 512MB ram, or some Samsung with 768MB ram
> buy the Sola, as it was even less
> lag. lag. lag fucking everywhere.
> freezes. stutters.
> screen literally popped out one day.
> sent it back
> waited like 2 months with on answer
> they just repaid me
> fuck_yes.jpg
> got a Note 2 after that instead

Fuck I hated that phone.

I have an XA2 also and I like it. I would honestly never buy a Chinese phone.

Still have a Z2 from 2014; my next phone will probably be whoever have the best 'compact' ie something 4.6 inch and smaller

>Sony disabled many of the new features android pie brings,
What else? Why bother doing this?

Most companies seem to be moving away from Compact, even Sony themselves. They have teh XZ1 but that's the latest it goes and it's also hard to find now

I think it's different faggots

I love Xperia phones design. The software is also good, barely any bloat. Camera is meh in some cases but it's alright. Newer models are kinda shitty though. Hopefully they get their shits together and make something decent by the time my XZs dies.

>Bottom bezel should be used for keys just like it was on galaxy phones.
lol fuck shitty buttons that take up screen space

With the way they're going, the screen is going to wrap around to the back of the phone and you won't be able to touch the thing without creating input of some kind. I'd gladly take a phone with physical buttons, and that goes double for media controls for music.

then use some inline volume control. If you have a huge screen you're going to accidentally touch shit because there's a huge fucking screen.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find decent stuff with inline controls? It's almost all shitty earbuds. I've even searched for cable segments to add it in-between. Would rather just have some tactile buttons.

what do you mean? works good, doesn't have retarded notches, doesn't fold, has open fucking source version of stock android from sony that you can flash and has pretty good camera. i don't expect anything less from based japs.

No, fuck off. It's objectively better.

I just want small phones that don't cost $1000 and aren't loaded up with bloat/adware

>The screen was onestly pretty good, not far from this pocomeme
That's what I'm talking about, you shouldn't be able to compare a $1000 phone screen to the one that costs 1/3 of that.

>do they even innovate anything?
That one time when Kaz whipped their lazy asses and they actually made the very first Xperia Z. It was like fucking magic when compared to what the rest of the phone industry offered.

I remember that time, many of my friends had Xperias back then.
But now we have literal chinkphones that are better in some aspects while costing half the price.

Based Sony not following all the current meme smartphone trends