Is 25mbps enough to play video games online if it's a wired connection and no other device is using internet?

Is 25mbps enough to play video games online if it's a wired connection and no other device is using internet?

Attached: internet_product_icons_updated-01.png (359x360, 14K)

Y-you can't be fucking serious.

More than enough, yes.

You need about 2Mbps to play vidya, let's say 4Mbps if you wanna go real fluid

It can't possibly be that low..

It is. You can play very decently with 3Mbps down and 0.4Mbps up.
If you need bidirectional 100Mbps to play a game, almost nobody would buy it.

Then why do people think they need a billion mbps?

5Mbps is more than enough, the problem isn't speed, its the data caps and pricing.

Netflix, Youtube, whatever other streaming service zoomers love so much.

Fuck off you board hopping new faggot shitface. GO TO WHERE THIS BELONGS BECAUSE THEY WILL KNOW THE ANSWER BETTER THAN Jow Forums

Attached: ff67fd4d8014b7b0c50690178e880d01.jpg (600x444, 47K)

For literally anything but videogames. You wouldn't believe it, but the main purpose of internet is not gayming.
For videogames all it matters is latency. Use your 4g network and you are gonna play like shit even if the bandwidth is over 50Mbps.

how about you just chill out BUDDY.

10mb is usually the minimum
25 is more than enough, at that point it's a matter of how far away the server is
anyways

Games don't require much, it's just positional data. Things like voip are more of a bandwidth hog.

Bandwidth requirement for most games is absolutely tiny, 25Mbps is fine.

I thought that ping was far more important, at least in action games.

yes, latency and a stable connection.

Even 5mbps is enough, gaming is NOT bandwidth dependent, it is HEAVILY ping dependent.

Here at Jow Forums we only support using computers to compile fizzbuzz and shitpost about tech products.

I played phantasy star using a 56k modem. 25mbps is more than enough.

You know zoomer we used to play on

250 mbps is enough for casual gaming, but you really need a symmetrical gigabit connection if you want to be competitive.

Because marketing, doofus. Gaymers will buy literally any speed plan if you say it’s “perfect for gaming”. You could make a real profit off of artificially creating latency for lower bandwidth tiers, because it would solidify the belief even more, and every consolenigger would buy your XTREEM 2Gbps PLAN

So how do you download that 50GB game? Do you wait 1 day or 1 hour?

retard.
Do you understand what latency is?

You could do it overnight.

You need 10Gbit atleast for Runescape.

Speed is irrelevant for playing games. What matters is ping. Fucking mongoloid

you're only sending little chunks of game state back and forth, bandwidth demands are tiny but it's sensitive to latency and network conditions

because you have to download 50+gb to install the game first

You still need to download the game, retard

I played on US servers from Australia using 4mbps for years. The rare times there was a domestic server, the connection was more than fine. I think you'll manage.

How don't you know how interned speeds work?

512Kb/sec
quake 3

Just how much data do you think the game needs to transfer per second? 200 kB/s should be plenty enough for any game. Try opening a text file and fill it with 200kB worth of data to see just how much that is.

What matters more is the distance and how your ISP handles its routing.

>Is 25mbps enough to play video games online if it's a wired connection and no other device is using internet?
plenty. but it's the latency that is the most important when it comes to online gaming.

You could probably stream games at 30-60fps 1080p with 4Mbps.

Speed for gaming isnt super important >1Mbps ping/latency is.

Okay follow up question then: how is AT&T internet for gaming?

Even 4 Mbit suffice for pure gayming. 2 Mbit may not be enough, it works but I used to have a 500 ping when playing BF1. 2019 multiplayers often require 512 KB/s minimum.
>That suffering when you have 3x the recommend hardware but 1/3 the minimum internet connection

25 Mbit are more than I will ever have, so you are fine, even if you plan to have another person with you playing at your home.

Attached: ssss.jpg (1827x1303, 87K)

1Mb is enough, for gaymen its distance from server and proper routing that matters

You need 2Mbps to stream Netflix decently dude, fucking gaming takes like 300-600 Kbps tops, depending on the game and generation. These are all massive overestimations.

Incorrect. With 2 Mbps you will struggle with 480p on Youtube. I suffered two years with such a connection.

Games work well mostly, beside of large MPs like newer Battlefield. But only if you don't download or stream anything. Even opening websites will make your ping skyrocket. When I have 16 Mbit I can stream, surf and download without any issue.