P18K

Anyone else interested in the P18K with a 18,000mAh battery?

Looks like it probably won't make it to production.

indiegogo.com/projects/p18k-the-world-s-longest-lasting-smartphone#/

7 hours left and only 11 backers means they will probably pull the plug on it.

Not sure why a billion dollar company needs crowd funding but whatever. Or why it doesn't mention Energizer anywhere.

I probably would have bought one online after release when they went on sale etc but I have no interest in backing this shit.

Attached: images (11).jpg (739x415, 27K)

aaaaa

>watching youtube while sleeping
>*slips*
>dies with a brick in the face

>7 hours left and only 11 backers means they will probably pull the plug on it.
I'm pretty sure this whole thing was just an excuse for manufacturers to go "see? people don't actually care about phones with features or battery, they just want the thinnest thing possible!" anyway.

>not sure why a billion dollar company needs crowd funding
They're using crowd funding to gauge interest, to see if there's a market for the product willing to fork over a premium. There clearly isn't.

yes many of my drug dealing and cartel associates are also deeply interested in this phone.

>no headphone jack

Does it have a headphone jack?

lol no, amazing how they managed to leave that out eh?

So why aren't there more backers? You'd think the drug lords would pre order pallets of them just to smuggle drugs in. Maybe its just none of them heard about this?

based retard who lives in the dimension where powerbanks dont exist

this was never meant to be a real product, it was just meant to get people talking about Energizer (like we're doing right now)

Attached: sfwqeqr8dau21.jpg (705x768, 93K)

It's a shit phone with a huge battery
Might as well buy a good phone and a powerbank

They killed their own product by not including a headphone jack. Who in their right mind would make a phone that thick and not have one?

I guess that they just didn't have enough room to fit one. I can see how that would happen.

Real companies do market studies not this scam. Crowd funding is usually a scam. Its definitely a scam when its a big company, this was just a excuse.

Yeah sure, not enough room. Totally valid excuse for a phone this huge.

Attached: 1534082206382.jpg (400x400, 19K)

I hate headphones but when I have to use them I use Bluetooth Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 so a headphone jack is of no use.

I don't see any reason for a headphone jack myself but I'm not against having them and think it's a bit of a dumb move not to have them seeing as some people cry like little bitches over not having them.

imagine these phones exploding from retarded normies misuse

The girl of your dream fumbles and drops her files on her way to her train. You spot it and lock eyes with her as she glanced up. You autisticlly shimmy over and lean down to help her out when the thud of your massive energizer smartphone cracks her innocent skull. The police shake Thier heads at the shame you have brought to not only yourself but the very idea of people like yourself. You go to jail forever. I'll pass.

electric bike can burn a house
imagine what this can do

i actually liked them and was looking forward to get one. Didnt they were crowd funded what a waste of time.

>Real companies do market studies
That's exactly what this is, a "real" marketing team within a "real" company employs multiple strategies in order to study what consumers want and whether or not a product will be successful. Even then, marketing studies have been proven ineffective time and time again. Many companies, like Apple, Microsoft, Nintendo etc. release products that by collected data are shown to be what consumers want, but those products inevitably end up failing or producing much lower than expected profits, which is also considered a failure by shareholder standards. The fact that such a well known brand is only able to garner minimal attention to a product in crowd funding circles, within which niche demographics and early-adopters are known to frequent, is a bad sign by any means.

If Energizer wanted consumers to talk about them there are many different methods they could have employed that would cost far less and provide much more outreach. A bit of twitter drama or a revamped mascot or logo for instance. The only people who are discussing them right now over their phone are hardcore tech nerds, which is in itself a small audience compared to the overall market for smartphone users.

>batteries could be a little bit bigger in a phone that doesn't totally fetishize thinness
>HURRR WE IZ DOIN RESEARCH ON WHAT DA CONSUMER WANT

>a little bit bigger
It's like 6x the size of a regular phone.
A 600% increase isn't a "little bit"
>WE IZ DOIN RESEARCH ON WHAT DA CONSUMER WANT
Why else would such a large and successful company use crowd funding services? They clearly have no need for it with the amount of capital they could provide.
>HURR
Your post in a nutshell

You literally cannot justify not having a headphone jack on a 20 pound inch thick phone with a mile wide bezel and 5 popup cameras. If you want to make an ugly piece of shit that embodies all the conveniences lost to sleekwankery and leave out the one thing even sleekfags cry over.

Let's make this thing happen

Attached: Screenshot_20190429_231823.png (1920x1080, 457K)

For that price you might as well get a librem 5 and some replaceable batteries.

this but with a replaceable battery

It looks incredible unwieldy. If Purism delivers with the librem 5, I could see someone successfully crowdfunding battery cases -- but those already exist.
Why would you buy a new phone for battery when you can get a battery case at all, come to think of it?

zozzle

So did engerizer stop supporting this monstrosity?

superior

Attached: F(x)tec Pro^1.jpg (1219x1000, 72K)

Yummy yummy lithium

I think he's mocking Energizer for making such a meme instead of a reasonably-sized phone, and then people here claim it's market study. (Because no one in their right mind would want something so impractical.)

>add a massive battery
>add nothing else
Doomed to fail from the start. The point of a phone this size is to add as many features as you can. Even something as simple as a 3.5 jack is missing.
In fact, isn't this just some chink model with the back stretched to fit the battery? I forgot what model it was.

No because this shit has no headphone jack.

>ZedBoard
based and zynqpilled

>literally the size of a brick
>not enough room for a headphone jack
what a joke

Wtf do they expect,this is the first I heard of any crowdfunding for this phone and I was interested in it. Absolute failure of a marketing team.

eh, screw this
I'm perfectly happy with my oukitek k7, with 'only' 10k mhA battery. It's bulky but it can actually fit in a fucking pocket. Oh and it has headphone jack too.

Attached: ouki.jpg (1920x1276, 485K)

I dont think the customs would let that shit into my place. Lol

>how to be an teh row wrist
I wouldnt be suprised if they would utilize these phones as `tools`