What's your phone battery life like?

I'm not a crazy heavy phone user (don't even have instagram or most social media except fb) and my pixel which is only a couple of months old gets 12.5 hours of battery life lol. WTF

Otherwise, everything else about the phone is pretty dope.

tl;dr what's your average phone battery life like?

Attached: 61zn1xfzyDL._SX522_.jpg (522x569, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9256#show
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elmklmsamsung.batteryaddon)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sounds you are watching a bunch of dumbass youtube shit on your phone all day

I use the Essential. Mine lasts about 24 hours on light to moderate use. Reddit, texting and some music now and then.

Blackberry Keyone.
Around 11h SOT, that equals 3 days of usage, in wifi mode. In mobile data mode the SOT drastically decreases to 4h, which equals to 1 day of usage, due to Blackberry Hub+ Services drinking up the battery.

Galaxy S5 2014, 2800mAh, android 5, 20% brightness.
Lasts 5 full days not in use.
4-6 hours of youtube.

I don't know. I charge it every night. It never dies on me during the day.

iPhone 6, 3 year old battery. It lasts about 5 hours.

Your battery has gone bad over time and use. iOS throttles phone's performance if the battery is 2 years old. It has 1810mAh battery probably should last at least 3 days idle when the battery is factory new.

xperia xz1 compact
>7-8h SoT
>2-3 days idle/minimal use
On average day it lasts me two days before I have charge it

Z5 Compact, two year old battery
~5h SoT which is around 1.5 days of normal usage
It's not like i can upgrade anyway, the only suitable upgrade (XZ1c) doesn't have official Lineage and fuck having google cancer installed.

chink xiaomi max 3. 5500 mAh (or something like that), lasts about 4 days with my use - music, messaging, frogposting. brightness on 50 %.

Fellow Z5C user here, except mine hit 3 years old a month ago. Have similar battery life, lasts me around 1.5 days if I don't use it heavily. I'm also a small phone activist, but I guess it's time to finally accept our phablet overlords. XZ1C isn't really a worthy upgrade considering it's price imo. Guess I'll just keep using this guy until it finally gives or maybe keep it as a backup if I find something I really like sooner.

>but I guess it's time to finally accept our phablet overlords
Nah fuck that, I'll keep using my Z5c for the rest of my life or until the ZX1c gets official Lineage. Or maybe until a new small phone with Lineage support appears which is very unlikely.
This thing running LineageOS is snappy as fuck and sometimes i forget it only has 2gb of RAM because stuff stays on the background even after a couple of days.

Xiaomi Redmi 4X Android Pie. With Greenify / Amplify
I get at least 2 full days. Sometimes, when I use it only for texting, it lasts up to 4 days.

I’m aware. I’m poor as fuck. Waiting on the cash to buy an s8 because I’m a Sprint cuck

I agree, for an android with 2gb ram it performs surprisingly well, that's why I don't quite feel any need to upgrade just yet. I don't think XZ1C is gonna get official LOS unfortunately, it should have been done way earlier, I feel it's a bit too old now for any active development.

BB Passport
I get a few days out of it usually.

>and my pixel which is only a couple of months old gets 12.5 hours of battery life lol. WTF
What are you surprised by exactly?
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9256#show

>Android Pie
>Greenify / Amplify
Redundant since Android 8.

Galaxy s8. I use my phone for spotify occasionally and discord. It lasts about 3 days.

Are they? I have been using them since like forever and I haven't thought about them much.

Yes, the adaptive battery feature and improved doze functionality rendered them redundant. Check on XDA, most of the people asking for configs are using older versions of Android.

Cool, two fewer apps that clutter up my device. Thanks user

Galaxy J5, I charge it once a week.

lol @ this planned obsolete crap, galaxy S5 with original battery still gets 10 hours sot so it lasts me two or more days depending.
used to be on a n6p before I found my old s5's box and saw how long the battery lasted, feels good to not have to manage your usage anymore.
ofc it's a bit slow coming from more recent phones but it does its job consistently so I'm rarely bothered by it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190430-055628.jpg (1065x789, 122K)

3 y/o redmi 4 pro

Charge it only in car during commute so 2x~40min.

Don't know about sot, it never dies on me, I use it way too much for my liking, reading le reddit and similar tier shit.

stolen redmi note 5

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-30-15-40-02-744_com.miui.securitycenter.png (1080x2160, 57K)

How did you reset it?

mi a2 lite
battery for about 2 days, plenty of SOT with the lightweight OS and 4 Ah battery
I don't really know exact numbers, as I always keep an external battery and chargers with me to keep the charge level between 65 and 75% for maximum batttery life when I go hiking or on a roadtrip or something where I don't have time for or might forget charging

It's shit, batteries in smartphones are ALL shit, it's all fucking GARBAGE. I'm so fucking mad, why the fuuuck don't "they" do one phone that's thicker and not retardedly designed. HOLY FUCK it's not hard my god. It could be the size of two phones stacked together and i wouldn't care! I'm not asking for fucking much am i ??

Attached: IMG_2561.jpg (1078x1076, 357K)

friend has a repairing shop, he downloaded the miui global rom and flashed it with a tool, nigger won't tell me what it was

Such phone already exists, but of course since you posted "retardedly designed" which doesn't really mean anything, you'll find an excuse not to buy it. Keep whining.

Probably used jtag cable.

>friend has phone repair business and you have to use stolen xiaomi?

He's not your friend

Post it then, I'm sure there's a catch

Look here genius:
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

Galaxy S5, stock 6.0.1 (most of the bloatware apps disabled with package disabler pro for Samsung play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elmklmsamsung.batteryaddon)

More than 4h SOT.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-30-16-10-49.png (1080x1920, 117K)

18-20 hours of constant light use
8-9 hours of constant heavy use

Op here.

Then how the fuck are mine so shit? I must have a lemon right? You guys getting days out of your phone...do you not use it much? Even when I had the S7 active with my regular use I had like maybe 23 hours which I was happy with.

I've never been super into phones but are you guys rooting or jailbreaking your phones or something? Does it make that big of a difference? I just want my phone to make it through a day of usage. Even 16-18 hours would be great

Attached: Screenshot_20190430-102901.png (1080x2160, 151K)

It's s 3 month old phone ffs

>Reddit spacing
>WTF, lol
>thinks he's special for not using social media
>tl;dr
Go Back

Attached: 1522215322522.png (866x475, 78K)

Moto G5s+, 6 months, android 7 (never upgraded cause fuck 8).
about 1,5-2 days with 6 hours of screen time.

G7 Power

Kinda feels silly throwing it into this discussion considering what its purpose is, but I've had it for a month and just now put it on the charger for the third time. Well about 10 hours for SoT in between those, but I haven't done a proper from-100% test to see what the SoT is. Upwards of 10 hours for sure.

just get a battery replacement from apple for $35 dumfuck

X Compact, I last a day on medium use. Would love a little more juice in the tank though.

I came from a Samsung S3 Mini with dismal battery life and vowed to never buy a phone again that has a bad battery. What's the point of a phone that can't survive a long day?

I have had a pixel 2 for a little over a year.
The battery is absolute dog shit; can't last the day without using battery saver

I actually don't go on Reddit so the hate is pretty irrelevant

Nigger if you think Apple only charges $35 for battery replacement you’re fucking stupid. Besides I’ve done it before myself and its just not worth it on a phone this old, my headphone jack is going out too now. Time to escape the Apple ecosystem

>what are paragraphs
you absolute mong

I got the essential too
Battery isnt replaceable which I am very against but the life on this thing is based

why is this list full of 2015-2016 phones? how do I sort by current gen?

Lmao according to that guy almost every normal human is a r3dd1t us3r!!!!!!!111111oneoneone

6 or so days

once 3 weeks or so.

Attached: img_src.jpg (190x468, 20K)

30-120 hours, depending on usage.
30 of playing games and yt all day, 120 when using just for occasional calls and internet.

Motorola moto e4 plus, 5000mAh

galaxy s3 + slimkat
3 hrs SoT
at least 1-2 days with medium music player+data usage, can last longer if i don't have trips out

>reddit

Attached: 1554686414986.jpg (750x747, 149K)

Everyone here is also le redditor, it's just that no one wants to admit.

Thats why its Jow Forums - consumer electronics

neat, should I go for zenphone m2? it also got 5k mAh

S7, usually lasts around 4 to 6 hours with WiFi and moderate use. Lasts roughly 3 with 4G when playing mobile games and watching Youtube with split screen.

I get about 10 hours of SoT on my Pocophone with LineageOS

I have a Xiaomi redmi 5 plus brightness on auto
I don't use any social media except Jow Forums and don't play games on my phone.
Battery life is about 3-5 days with calls messaging, music and webbrowsing

I got a Galaxy S6 when it came out only to instantly find out how shit the battery life is.
Ever since the very first day I had to turn on power-saving mode.
The fucker could drain 50% over night just like that and to this day I have no clue what the fuck is causing it.
Using it just lightly drains the battery like crazy and by not using it too much, I can get through a full day with 10-15% battery left. I spend every single day charging it and often times twice a day.

Linus Tech Tips has a video on this shit as well where he has the same issue with his S8 or S9 or whatever the fuck. I decided to not bother with Samsung anymore so I got a new phone on the way which will hopefully have better battery life.

Attached: 1545778013678.jpg (640x627, 73K)

I get about 3-4 days on my boomer phone.

Pretty sure you had a lemon. My s3, s5, & s7 made it through a full day. Had other issues which is why tI eventually swore off Samsung though

LG G5, around 4 hours of SOT, or 13 h of battery life. I know it's shit but it's the most powerful phone that is easy to disassemble and has replaceable batteries.

Forgot pic

Attached: Screenshot_Impostazioni_20190430-193912.png (1440x2560, 168K)

Any SD835 or newer phone with a 3000+ mAh battery should easily last about 2 days or 10h on screen time. My 1+5t is nearly two years old and lasts that long.

If you killed your battery by charging it to 100% every day then your luck to maintain 3/4 capacity after a year.

I recharge my phone (OnePlus 5T) every 4-6 days, when the battery drops below 40%. It gets very little use, by the time I need to recharge it only has

Go back to plebbit

Depends honestly. If I'm staying at home then my s8 can manage about 6 and a half hours of SOT. How the fuck you guys manage more than that on a 3000mah battery is beyond me.

you got a bad draw, i have an S8 and it lasts for 3 days even with moderate use for browsing and gaming

the same video linus made has him realizing that he didn't get the battery issue at all on a different phone of the same model

Yeah true, but it might be a thing that happens over time
I'm pretty sure it's just a bad draw though, same as the one he has. Thing is just the fact that this shit can happen is unacceptable to me so I'll just not bother with Samsung anymore.

I did go through a battery replacement but it didn't do shit. I even modded in a S7 edge battery and it only slightly improved battery life. Now the battery is bloated and I think my phone will explode the moment it hits the ground.

Test

I use an essential as well.
I find my passive drain is pretty high.
I used to be able to leave my Nexus 5 on, but in airplane mode, and it would last 4 days or so, just sitting idle, on, but in airplane mode.
My essential phone dies in like 36 hours when I do this. Any idea why?
I don't have any installed apps that are running in the background. Also I'm using 7.1.1 still.

Attached: Screenshot_20190430-141009.png (1312x2560, 182K)

About 40 hours on my g5+, means I charge it every other day

average 10-12h SOT on pocophone with lineageos and microg with lte disabled while I don't use it
my best was 15h in 4 days

>reddit
>dashchan
you don't belong here nigger, you have to go back

I wonder if the Librem5 being botnet free is going to have crazy good battery life...

Attached: 1369510085695.gif (200x200, 35K)

~3days, fucking shit. phones should last at LEAST 1 month.

Around 30 days. Can talk for 12 hours straight. Recharges in a couple of hours.

Attached: Nokia_105.jpg (1024x1024, 50K)

My Passport averages 25 hours while barely being used, which is absolute trash compared to the 3 days I was getting on my Q10. Worst part is the battery's non-removable so I actually have to charge the phone every night

Dunno which specs you need bro, but moto e4 plus has an okay soc, 3gb ram, 16gb rom, aluminium case, and an average camera. Also a front facing flash if you care about that.
It goes for 80-90€ in my country NEW.

Surely best value. Choose specs that you want, but let me tell you, once you have 5k mAh you won't settle for less

>galaxy s9
starting at 6am and putting it back on charge when I go to bed at 11pm it will be down to about 25%. probably normal usage, I listen to music on it a lot, use whatsapp a lot, and occasionally use it as a sat nav in the car. does a day comfortably
>iphone xr
work phone, on that same useage it will be on about 75% battery at the end of the day. it is a brick of a thing and I hate ios, but the battery life is actually really good on it

my nibba

About 6 months old Moto X4 on stock oreo. I get consistent 8 hours of SoT with occasional peaks up to 10 hours. I need to charge it every day because I do most of my computing on this device, but thanks to fast charging that takes at most an hour. I also never fully charge it.
Also, besides using the phone all day for basic internet things, I also play a 3D MMO for about one hour everyday.

"reddit spacing" has been a thing on Jow Forums long before reddit was even around or popular. I didn't even know that reddit formatted their text like that, I guess it would take a redditor like you to know about that.

My Pixel 3 XL lasts approx 2 days. Some music during commute 20m, some outlook, some browsing, some WhatsApp.

Attached: Screenshot_20190501-000258.png (1440x2960, 184K)

I'm staying you faggots, there's nothing you can do to get rid of me

OnePlus 3 and i get between 2 hours 30 minutes to 3 hours on screen time. Think the battery is taking a shit. most i use is messenger and YouTube. and screen brightness is usually on low most the time.

i have an htc 10 since launch and i get a good 2 hours of use before the battery dies at 30% and the phone bootloops
im gonna get the g7 power soon only because of the battery life

3310 user here (2018 edition). Lasts 1 week between charges.

Idk you
Tell me

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-25-21-05-39.png (720x1280, 70K)

I swear that isn't a thing anymore. They charge until like 8o or 9o then trickle charger to finish

S7 Exynos. 3-4h SOT. charged daily.
Note9 Exynos. 5-6h SOT. charged every two days.

What do you use it for?

Essential phone, 10 months old, battery lasts 6-7 hrs SoT, I have it filled with Facebook and Chinese spyware thanks to my waifu gacha games

based essential chads, also update your phone dude lmao Nougat was buggy as fuck

Attached: Screenshot_20190501-050523.png (1312x2560, 120K)

7 hours playing Azurlane
good shit
S7 edge

Nokia 6.1
8 hours SOT
lasts 2 days with moderate use