A piece of cotton fell on my fucking CPU socket. How do I get it off?

A piece of cotton fell on my fucking CPU socket. How do I get it off?

Attached: IMG_20190429_195631.jpg (1872x3328, 2.19M)

You don't. Just order a new board and don't repeat this mistake.

Ask your black friend

Wave a lighter over it and then blow some air onto the socket to get rid of the debris.

Take a lighter and a bottle of WD40 and torch that cotton quickly. Cotton can carry electricity and shock that motherboard and fry the capacitors

Tweezers and a very steady hand. And then don't leave an exposed socket somewhere shit can fall on it.

top kek

use your tongue

>hey man just torch your socket
>it'll be fiiiine

>/thread

Did I just ruin my fucking motherboard? Holy fucking shit I'm an idiot. God damn it.

I came here to post this.
Good lad.

With your fingers you fucking snowflake

Just pick it up, or use compressed air. Dumbass

jesus christ you moron, it's just fucking cotton
blow it out you fucking retard

How did this happen?

Also are you suuure it's cotton?

do NOT do this unless you're 100% sure it is 100% cotton, otherwise it might be a blend and instead of a clean burn you'll have hard melted plastic in your sockets

Amd doesn't have this problem.

Tried blowing it out with compressed air.

Attached: IMG_20190429_203816.jpg (3328x1872, 2.13M)

Ignore it. Will work.

>fell for the compressed air meme
You deserved this.

I'm sorry but I don't know whether to trust you, or if you're trying to fool me into destroying my things even further. Won't the cotton catch fire if the CPU gets hot enough?

the mobo is military class, the cotton is stuck forever.

I did it in 775 socket area, had zero problems.
As long as contact itself (its forehead) is above cotton, there should be no problem.
If you will try to remove - you might damage those pins.

>area
era.*

is this a brainlet thread?

Tried a toothbrush?

I don't have one that's soft and without any toothpaste residue. Fuck.

Don't fucking do it, OP.
Try it as is.

Wash it and wipe it dry, you wanker

try blowing it out

tweezers. i would also flush it out with some 91% alcohol for good measure. then let it dry some where safe.

Negro get some jewelers tools and pull it out

Any overproof rum will work as well. Gosling's 151 works best.

AMD doesn't have this problem.

India had a space program you dumb bitch motherfucker. We will be a superpower by the year 2030 and we will fuck you up good.

can someone explain to me what is happening in this autism thread

Nah OP cotton isn't conductive and spontaneously burns at 400C, even when set on fire it has to be at least 200C to carry the burn. Memes aside, as long as the pins are making contact you will be fine.

I wouldn't recommend burning it out, even though it wont cause damage, becauss you'll put carbon and gunk on the pins.

Threads over go home you awful people.

This post gets funnier if you read it in an indian accent.

Compressed Air

nigger

And I can't even get the fucking cooling tower on on top of everything else

use some tweezers

this.
HAHAHA

Why would you not have compressed air at al times?

Gonna need a hammer

PC booted fine and the cotton isn't causing any issues. I fucking hate the hyper 212 cooling tower though.

Use two toothpicks, one in each hand and patients.

thems fighting words

It's worse with PGA, good luck getting shit out of those holes.

Tweezers you mong....and don't touch the pins

tape?

Get an eyebrow plucker from your GF/wife. You do have one, right?

Try compressed air first. If that doesn't get it out, get a very very thing sewing needle and try to remove it, but VERY carefully, do NOT bend ANY pins

Blow up a balloon and rub it against your hair a few times. Next place the balloon near the socket, and the cotton should be naturally attracted to the balloon.

this

kek

Get a can of deodorant and a lighter. Spray some deodorant and light it on fire. Then very briefly(!) target the cotton with the deodorant flamethrower so that the cotton burns while the rest of the motherboard remains unharmed due to the short duration.

Repeat if necessary. It's better to do it 2-3 times but briefly than once but too long.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 8K)

But what about threadripper?

And then my professor gave me funny looks because I kek'd during lecture.
I deserve this.

I know these threads are supposed to be funny and ironic but Jow Forums can be a seriously vile and offensive place, and I don't say that in an attempt to have pride in the fact. every single day in almost every thread I see cases of racism, xenophobia, sexism, and transphobia. the posts I see are riddled with the most hateful sentiment some could only imagine. to hear stories on Reddit of how evil the posters are can truly be unbelievable at times unless you see for yourself even though you would never want to. it's hard to fathom how I can summon the courage to stomach the plague of right wing extremism that infects this website. everytime I see someone post the n word, I do not cry. everytime I see someone say "remove kebab" my heart doesn't sink. believe me it used to, but I struggled vicariously through the torment the people posted here until it permeated every part of the board culture until it became just another sick joke. how anything like that could be considered a joke is a level of sociopathy I will never be able to understand. how the some of the posters here could even be considered people is the same. so everytime a post is made with such vile hatred towards any and all oppressed peoples, I do not cry. I stand strong against it and do everything in my power to bully it back to the decrepit source, pol. sometimes it takes the same viscosity of brain bursting anger and hate that their posts were made with to begin with in order to bully them back. but not once do I cry, because I am strong, and that's how tough I am.

Couldnt you just use a vacuum cleaner to suck it out

Use a crane

Judging from this blurry ass picture don’t get near that socket with any sort of tool.

Unironically this.
Just don't do it for too long, but it could work.

JUST TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN, BANG ON IT A FEW TIMES AND USE COMPRESSED AIR AT THE SAME TIME.
GOD.

Cue orchestra.

LMAO ENJOY YOUR FUCKED OVER MOTHERBOARD. AAHAHAHAHAHA

applause*

*obama shakes your hand*

*trump bursts into flames*

*an eagle sheds a single tear over the lgbt flag*

Just pick it

wow it's been months since i've seen this pasta
ebin

Attached: 1542659228260.jpg (250x250, 5K)

>RUM
I can't believe you've done this

>the year 2030
intel 10nm delay confirmed.

Use a vacuum.

Attached: 4A0AF323-D198-4577-A523-269FC8915276.jpg (250x229, 8K)

Is this a bait thread or is OP some kind of schizo? There are a hundred different ways you could safely remove cotton from a socket.

just use a fucking toothbrush and some alcohol

Canned air

A quick bit of heat'll remove the cotton well before it damages the metal or plastic the socket's made of

Depends on what processor line you're talking. They'd been using LGA sockets for Opterons for years

/thread

Just... grab it with your fingers. If you really want to be anal about it, use a pair of tweezers.

It's like half of Jow Forums has never seen the inside of a computer before. Computer parts aren't nearly as fragile as you think they are, as long as you aren't a moron.

Attached: 1491796098959.gif (480x270, 1.18M)

with a brush.

Attached: br.jpg (1051x784, 110K)