Which one Jow Forums?

Which one Jow Forums?

Attached: distrowatch.png (333x551, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pFiqO0Qpa_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

go with MX Linux or Zorin don't look at anything else

Manually build your distro from tarballs like a man, you faggots.

>using a distro with a literal pajeet first name as its name

LFS

MX?

This.

Elementary OS

Archlabs

arch + aui

Solus

KDE Neon

windows 10 home

obviously the most obscure one

Casual* - Fedora/Manjaro
Intermediate - Debian*/Arch
Expert* - Gentoo/Slackware

Beginner - Ricing Arch in a WM, gets you to low-intermediate

*casual, not beginner wanting to improve
*Debian nonfree netinst
*don't lie, you will just mess up your pc

Manjaro BTFO

stfu kevin

Slackware is pretty neat out of the box. it has just about everything anyone would need.

would do this if there is a repository of tarballs

out of this list? freebsd
out of all? pick one from void, openbsd, dragonflybsd, or gentoo

this is assuming youre not retarded of course.

react definately 100% is of best linux

How did Man Jar get this big? I tried it yesterday and it just seems like a version of Arch that you can toggle the amount of autism on.

People want cutting edge packages without dicking around with conf files 16 hours a day

Rolling: Solus
Not-rolling: Fedora

Neither of the two you clicked on, wintoddler.

NixOS

what about arch?

>openbsd
tried openbsd. couldn't even get x server to run properly
>inb4 brainlet

Fedora with MATE DE

>Expert* - Gentoo/Slackware
i'm an absolute idiot when it comes to linux and i got slackware running. it's not hard

pic related

Attached: 2019-04-30-161847_1440x900_scrot.png (1440x900, 739K)

slackware is easy as long as you don't try to install new stuff, but then again why would you? everything you need is right there.

If you tried the usual method of startx, this doesn't work on OpenBSD. There was an issue with the X binary having setuid that allowed an attacker to escalate privileges. The supported way of running X is using xenodm, which has the added benefit of dropping root privileges after X server initialisation and running X as an unprivileged user.

If i'm telling you things you already know, then it might just be a straight up graphics driver issue.

where is gentoo?
I would choose mint, kali and openbsd.

I did startx.....

isn't openbsd seriously outdated anyways? or is this just something I'm telling myself to not be angry for installing debian over openbsd?

slapt-get and pkgs.org are handy. some stuff you need to compile yourself but then again is typing ./config and "make" really that hard

I wouldn't call it outdated, but it has a priority focus on security and correctness, sometimes at the detrement of other aspects of the OS. Whilst packages are generally up to date(ish), the hardware support is behind compared to linux, and the filesystem is old (no btrfs, xfs, zfs, etc. Just plain old FFS).

There are obviously upsides, the documentation is spectacular compared to the typical Linux distro, and stuff generally Just Werks if you follow the documents (HW incompatibilities notwithstanding). I like it cause I have the comfy feeling of knowing the system I'm running has been crafted together properly, whereas with a lot of Linux distros it feels like it was haphazardly thrown together sometimes.

If you're happy on Deb, it's probably not worth your time to switch, but if you go distrohopping again give it a try

during install I got the question "do you want the X window system to be started by xenodm(1)?" where the default answer was no....

debian or ubuntu

>like a man, you faggots.
Inevitably that ends up like youtu.be/pFiqO0Qpa_g

test

debian

>openbsd
Firefox Quantum 66.0.2
>debian
Firefox Quantum 60.6

Debian. Arch if you absolutely need newest packages for cutting edge hardware.

ARCH ARCH ARCH ARCH

ARCH is the way to go when it comes to linux. it offers deep configuration which force you to actually learn how your os works. not having an installer is good, it both serves as an initial hurdle to keep tech illiterates at bay and offers you the greatest possible way to configure to get a minimal and fast operating system. literally the only distro that matters. you might as well stay on wangblows if you use any other distro since all you do is holding back progress for the rest of us

inb4 impotent plebuntu rage

Attached: 1546235662996.png (2000x2000, 137K)

>arch
>minimal

top kek