Products you were tricked by Jow Forums into buying

It's so fucking loud, not to mention installation took like 20 minutes.

Attached: hyper212.jpg (466x530, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Filco-Majestouch-2-Tactile-Action-Keyboard/dp/B006TTL2PI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A tenkeyless board. I eventually got an addon numpad

mine is silent.. just get a new fan

>It's so fucking loud
It's not.
>not to mention installation took like 20 minutes
Are you retarded?

It's a dogshit cooler.
Look at the size of it.

Continued, my temperatures are actually worse than my intel stock cooler's were. I know it's seated properly and I applied the right amount of thermal paste.

>It's so fucking loud,
Get a better case.

Attached: 1552743485884.gif (350x409, 437K)

Pic related is my case. What kind of temps should I be getting with an i5 4670 (not 4670k) with this cooler? Under load it can get as high as the low to mid 70's, and just using Firefox they're in the mid 40's.

Attached: case.png (537x597, 196K)

Repaste.

I'm using a Hyper T4 (which uses the same fan) with an i5 2500k @4.5 GHz and on full load I get less than 66°~

Fuckin based. I just bought this case and I'm planning on popping a 2400g in it. What are your specs bro?

its plague with bluescreens, driver issue and very rare bugs

Attached: Hub-Feature-elements1260x709_0.png (1260x709, 41K)

i5 4670
GTX 950
16 GB RAM
>I'm using a Hyper T4 (which uses the same fan)
Is the heatsink itself meaningfully different? I will repaste in a couple days when I have someone to hold the tower for me while I screw it out/in, it's impossible to do yourself. Until then, are the temps I mentioned going to hurt anything?

No you didn't.

Or you're inept, I dont use that cooler but my wifes has it, her temps are better than mine on the same CPU.

>Are you retarded?
I have a micro ATX board and even with everything else taken out of the case it's very tricky to get at two of the screws.

yours is loud? are you sure you installed it correctly? is there some cabling touching the fan?

You're supposed to replace the fan with Jow Forums approved Delta

Just switched back to my intel cooler and now have an idle temp of like 25 celsius, low 30's now that I have a few tabs open in firefox. Same amount of thermal paste, same level of tightness to the CPU. What the fuck?

>caring about fan noise
are you one of those retards that keeps their box ontop of their desk?

Attached: 12901932109280s.png (350x314, 85K)

either you have poor ventilation, need to mess with fan settings in bios, fucked up thermal paste, or all of the above because you're shit

What would you reccomend then?

Depends. I've been considering going back to TKL but with an addon numpad at the left, since I'm a lefty that learned to use the mouse right-handed, and full size kb's in this layout are rare as fuck in general, let alone in ISO keysets.

212Evofags really need a reality slap in the face. Yes, it was great when it came out, but the market has moved on since then, it eventually got overshadowed by more modern, cheaper alternatives.
Reminds me a bit of the robot combat circles I follow, with the nostalgiafags touting Razer and Blendo would destroy all modern competitors.

>box
kys

>It's so fucking loud

No, it's really not.

>installation took like 20 minutes.

Are you a fucking mongoloid?

Attached: 1524178601919.jpg (529x462, 36K)

shitbox. happy?
>muh rig

Based on what you said, you literally proved you mounted it incorrectly like an idiot.
I have the hyperx 212 and can confirm this, you are 100% doing something wrong.
It literally is impossible for it to be worse than the stock cooler, and likely it's why the fan is spinning up because it's trying to cool something while being incorrectly mounted or something.

Take some pictures of the mounting, the thing itself and anything else for that matter.

Stop lying.
Or check if you peel off the protective sticker under heatsinks

non. you deserve your misery if you blindly follow Jow Forums recommendations without reading some reviews to double check

back to console gaming

>take 20 minutes to install a basic air cooler
>still completely fuck it up
The absolute STATE of this board.

Attached: inane.png (491x500, 187K)

A GOD DAMN MECHANICAL KEYBOARD.

I PAID £70 FOR THIS SLAB OF CONCRETE TO SIT ON MY DESK.

I AVOID USING IT AT ALL COSTS, IF I HAVE TO TYPE ANYTHING MORE THAN A SENTENCE I GO ON MY LAPTOP.

£70 COULD HAVE WENT TO LITERALLY ANY OTHER COMPONENT, BUT NO

IT LITERALLY RUINS MY ENTIRE WORKSTATION

£1,200 PC REDUCED TO UNUSABLE SHIT

I'M TOO ARROGANT TO BUY A NEW KEYBOARD, THAT'S ULTIMATE DEFEAT

I'D RATHER JUST AVOID THE WHOLE DAMN AFFAIR

I FUCKING HATE YOU Jow Forums

Attached: 1539766692990.png (1500x837, 843K)

>£70
>"mechanical" keyboard
Any decent mechanical keyboard will cost you at a bare minimum £130: amazon.co.uk/Filco-Majestouch-2-Tactile-Action-Keyboard/dp/B006TTL2PI

This post is peak bugman.

2400g is definitely a solid chip. Paired mine with an RX 570 8Gb and it's perfect for the amount of threads for heavy multitasking (multiple instances of many browsers) with my measley 8GB of RAM being the primary issue running at 2666. You can OC to 4GHz all core and stay around 60~c.

Just buy another keyboard for like 10 quid and sell that one, what the fuck does too proud to buy another keyboard even mean? Is the queen going to come to your house and laugh at you for your poor impulse control?

>Bugman=thing I don't like
Its more like gate keeping than anything to be honest, there's nothing implied in that sentence that implies user is defined or defines himself by keyboard choice

Intel stock cooler with stock paste is literally more than you need.

Attached: ictcg1.gif (452x318, 16K)

OP is probably the same person that spreads his thermal paste or uses a boomer tier paste that has a curing time.

The hyper 212 is an extension of Intel's own 95wTDP specification cooler going back to the 1st gen i7 days. If you're getting worse temps you fucked up, it's just not possible.

Attached: the new generation is as retarded as the old.png (826x958, 359K)

Is this a joke? AS5 isn't even good anymore and when I use it all my shit drops 2-3C

nice bait retard

Just get a model M. Even Unicomp is good if you can't afford an original IBM.

>not good
>all my shit drops 2-3 when i do use it
????

this
don't trust this consumerist trash

Fuck you, Blendo would rekt the shit out of modern robots wars

Attached: BLENDO.gif (360x270, 1.41M)

Hey i think i have this thing lying around in my cooler stash aswell still

How to clean this and is it worth anything, didn't use it much actually

AS5 is trash

The 212 evo was a bitch to get on but it worked great in my experience. I'm just sticking with stock coolers or aio liquid coolers from here on out though.

Even being one of the most affordable mechanical keyboards, it should still be miles ahead of whatever garbage your were previously using.
Imagine preferring shitty laptop """""keyboard""""" to actual switches, just kys my man.

why AIO? they suck and aren't reliable. unless your desktop is the size of a large laptop it doesn't matter.

I unironically gained quality of life by falling for Jow Forums's memes :

>60% (wireless) mechanical keyboard
>wireless logitech mouse
>144hz VA monitor
>large SSD instead of HDD

comfy all around.

Not the same user but I prefer AIOs because of motherboard clearance.
I can't access anything with a massive heatsink and fans blocking RAM/ports/connectors on the motherboard.

this
i had a cheap chinese model with very good ratings
it was the biggest piece of shit keyboard i ever typed on, send it back immediately and ordered an old ibm keyboard

>A fucking 500rpm shell that could not spin back up if it stopped, and grenaded itself when hit in the underside
>Relevant today
Nice try though

Spending over $100 on a memechanical keyboard when $40 chinkboards with knockoff switches are just as good.

Never had a problem in my experience. Built three computers with them. I've heard freak shit happening never to me though yet.

>>wireless logitech mouse
>>large SSD instead of HDD
i have these but doesn't Jow Forums hate them?

It's literally called a desktop.

Yeah like when Jow Forums hate games.

you have the linguistic skills of a severe autist.

>Any decent mechanical keyboard will cost you at a bare minimum £130
I got my Quickfire TK for £32 from Argos.

Attached: dab.webm (540x960, 249K)

>wireless mouse
Fuck that shit. Went right back to MX518 after a few months. Then G502 to present. MX518 still hang around as I had cleaned 2 up good and stored them in case they are needed again.
>Big ass heat sink and fan
Fucking hell, went water cooling just for kicks. 2 years later and I will never buy air cooled CPU shit again. Cooler, silent as fuck and easy as hell to install.
>Surround sound PC speakers
2.1 for life again. There is just no need for that bullshit except with headphones.
>Heating units of any type (see pic)
This is all I needed in my house. A simple 400 watt panel wall mounted in my rooms, kitchen and front by door for days when shit got below 20 F degrees outside. Sure central heat was working but rooms or areas needed some heat love.

Attached: 400 watt heat panel.jpg (1847x1847, 328K)

You're just fucking retarded.

ITT retard assembles his own PC and doesn't configure smartfan controls in the uefi, so it just runs at 100% speed regardless of cpu temp and "HURRR IT'S LOUD U GUYZ R DUMB COOLER SUX"

Attached: Eb5EnLcmSP4.png (300x250, 71K)

>It's literally called a desktop.

Attached: 1556481354939.png (976x1080, 835K)

>want to play a game
>have to buy a new fan so I don't go deaf while playing

>Wireless mouse
At least wireless mice are finally good to the point that performance isn't worse than a wired mouse. The biggest problem with them now is how little variation there is for ergonomics/features between higher end mice.

If you can tolerate the mouse shape, then cable drag is now gone forever.

GOD DAMN MECHANICAL KEYBOARD. Now all cheap keyboard feel like shit to me.

this gave me the idea of getting a dual loop custom loop. you could intertwine hard-tubing with each other where each liquid is a different colour for a super cool effect

Imagine being so Reddit you unironically recommend a Filco keyboard in 2019

>Just buy another keyboard for like 10 quid and sell that one, what the fuck does too proud to buy another keyboard even mean? Is the queen going to come to your house and laugh at you for your poor impulse control?
/
T
H
R
E
A
D

>build a new PC
>install 212x
>system doesn't boot
>realise backplate doesn't have insulation pads and shorting the system
>tape it
>???
PROFIT

Attached: speccy.png (676x543, 37K)

>hyper 212
You must have fucked something up really bad, I used a 130W 45nm CPU (i7 930) on that thing for 2 years, and it was overclocked from 2.8GHz to 3.5GHz and it never went over 90ºC, but the fan used to run at max speed when at full load, which was pretty loud.
But since I upgraded to a Xeon, with 2 extra cores and 35 less Watts, I can overclock to 4GHz and never go past 75ºC while the fan never even runs at full speed.

Just be glad that your shit didn't fry.

Wut, my 212x has insulation pads on the backplate on both sides

I'm super disappointed by my Hyper 212X turbo which was the top of the line 212 back when I got it.

I had to pay $20+ USD shipping for the AM4 X bracket, the stock fans were pretty loud at full tilt which they were when I was rendering videos. The stock fans also started developing a rattle after around an year and I replaced them with 2000rpm static pressure Enermax Fans which brought both noise levels down and temps into the mid 70Cs from low 80Cs

All my friends jumped on the CM MasterLiquid Lite 120/240 band wagon and even with overclocked 8700Ks have temps only in the low 70Cs. High humidity(65~80%) and high ambient temps (31~34C) don't play very well with air coolers.

I can get the MasterLiquid Lite 240 for almost half the price of a Noctua NH-U12A... the damn NF-A12x25s cost 35USD a piece.

Attached: P1200940[1].jpg (800x525, 102K)

probably peeled it off like a dumb shit.

Attached: CM_212Plus_backplate2_sm[1].jpg (360x270, 37K)

What's with the influx of absolute retards buying 212 and blaming it for performance/sound/temps/not booting?
Or is it just the same guy

There are better price to performance coolers out there.

Attached: 01_top_sh_h7[1].jpg (571x599, 142K)

>sound
That's in part due to the stock fans being pretty awful on the upper end. Once you've switched fans, it's not as big an issue but the price of the cooler has raised significantly.

I don't run my fans at 100% and it cools fine.
There was some retard claiming that his 212 cooled worse than his stock intel cooler.

Agreed

Attached: .jpg (800x800, 114K)

>gives retarded advice
>hurr retard dont follow my advice!!!
fucking nu-Jow Forums man

Stuff I've bought because of Jow Forums:
>ryzen
It's pretty nice. Disappointing to see Intel outperform it in games, but my computer can multitask more efficiently.
>ducky mechanical keyboard
This was a great choice and I'm happy I bought it. Only downside us that rubber done keyboards feel disgusting to use now.
>thinkpad x220
Awesome little laptop for the price. It is very durable, feels nice to type on, has the track point, and expandable storage/ram helps keep it up to date. Only issues are that the screen is shit and it's heavy, but I mostly use it for simple web browsing or word processing, so neither of those really bother me too much.

So far I've enjoyed everything I've bought because of Jow Forums. Still have functioning headphones, but if those ever break I will definitely check out the /hpg/ for advice.

>I will definitely check out the /hpg/ for advice.

Protip: don't

That's why you don't cheap out on your components. My GPU got combusted and everything was safe. It was a 4 years old 760/

This retard has a point.

Any 120mm fan that has a DB rating lower than the stock one?

Also, try pwm fans and a management profile. Any fan will be loud chugging at 100%.

RETARD

Nothing. I don't listen to Jow Forums I do regret buying my first mechanical keyboard. I forgot what it even was, I think coolermaster. But it's not entirely the keyboards fault. It had a detachable cable, which was a very ting mico usb on the keyboard side. My stupid brother, when I let him use my PC, would always pick up my keyboard and use it in his lap while typing. Which is fine with most boards but with that tiny connection it broke the connector and the board is worthless. Actually, the same thing happened with my best board, my logitech g15 (the OG bad ass 28 macro keys and lcd screen one) the cable eventually broke because the keyboard was used in lap. But I did that, it lasted 2 years. Still the best board I ever used.
Now I have a corsair k70. It's good. very beefy cable. Said RGB on the box but it is just red. Pretty pissed about that. But I'll give it to my son when I get another keyboard later, he likes red.

nice bait post

>It's so fucking loud
i have a similar version of that cooler. it's silent. if it took you 20 minutes to install then there's seriously something wrong with you. if your fan is making noise, you've probably broken it by being an incompetent retard.
0/10. did not read.
what a moron. they are the worst coolers ever made.

>I'm a fucking idiot: the post

>Big ass heat sink and fan
got a 240mm aio, holy shit never again I'll buy air coolers for cpus. Too big, block access to ram and power connectors, a a pain in the ass to install and clean...

i have one of these that is like 7 years old what should i replace it with?
no watercooling period

adjust your fan curve numbnuts.
there are better fans than that though.

hey
like what? really im ready to replace this thing ill even order new thermal grease

business class laptop. bought the dell latitude 7490 and the keyboard is shit, can barely type on it

>he bought intel in current year
>mfw

Attached: 1538657688112.png (802x744, 238K)

What's up with these retarded threads and the people in it.
Nobody in their right mind would buy something "just because an anonymous person on a imageboard nobody takes seriously" said something.

RX 580

I hate this retard and AMD marketer filled board, I can't stand this piece of shit, I wish I got a 1070.