So I'm getting ABYSMAL performance running no man's sky on my gf's computer. Under 10 FPS...

so I'm getting ABYSMAL performance running no man's sky on my gf's computer. Under 10 FPS. It's an A8-7650k with 6gb of 1333mhz RAM and a gt1030 with 2gb gddr5 RAM. Ancient 500GB HDD.
CPU is always going at full load and it stutters for a good 3 seconds from time to time. I know this CPU is not top of the line but there's no way in hell I should be getting results THIS low.
I really don't get it.
I play NMS on a fucking T530 with a shitty 1GB nvidia nvs 5400m and a mobile dual core i7 and it runs WAY BETTER.
It's driving me crazy. Look at this shit.

Attached: 9a587aca-c3bc-49cd-a102-b605ab2ce64e.jpg (720x1280, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-3520M-vs-AMD-A8-7650K-APU-2014-DKa/m50vsm27184
yekbot.com/no-mans-sky-next-best-settings-and-fps-boost/
youtube.com/watch?v=-qn9OBgkHs4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop gaymen faggot

Attached: 1536650467310.png (1042x753, 632K)

Games are for children. Try

fuck you I just wanna hang out with my gf in space.

Your pc a shit. Equivalent to a snes.

>A8-7650k
>bad performance
well no shit, retard.

Attached: 1555927152165.jpg (680x813, 56K)

Then go to the gay little video games board, wintoddler, and take your pajeetOS with you.

>ayymd
>expecting good performance on anything
xD

Seriously. Do something about that ram. Take the 2 gig stick out.

This. Vulnerabilities are like cores nowadays. They actually boost system speed.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-3520M-vs-AMD-A8-7650K-APU-2014-DKa/m50vsm27184
it's not that far from my laptop CPU. I see vids on youtube of people playing with the A8-7600 alone (no GPU) and getting way better performance.
wouldn't that just ruin performance by having only 4GB of single channel RAM?

What resolution? Try lowering it?
Also check background processes. Turn off the AV.

Scan your os. Maje sure she's not been hijacked and put inside a vm

As far as the ram i mean for the gaming fix. It will lower overall system speed but if it's the cause your fpa and gaming should run better. If it proves to be the cause your system is fine you just need to upgrade ram without that old 2 gig stick.

>it's not that far from my laptop CPU
but it is. your A8 literally got half the IPC/processing power of the i7 laptop chip. no wonder the performance suck. the A8 is just a facebook maschine tier chip and nothing else, never ever think about gayman again on it. upgrade to a newer chip, the 'new' Ryzen Athlons got way more performance or just grab a cheap 4c/8t ryzen anywhere near you thats cheap enough. the 1030 is enough for video output and some light games

1360x768, no difference if I go any lower. All graphics settings are at the lowest possible.
Gonna try this yekbot.com/no-mans-sky-next-best-settings-and-fps-boost/ and then try removing that stick.
Already wondered with that possibility but a 2200g needs a new mobo and new RAM. Way too much money for us right now.

His cpu is not far behind a fx 8350. It is behind but not by much. Point is he probably shouldn't be getting 10 fps. If you come back with 8350 is supposed to get 15 fps kys.

For you, you're probably better off running GeForce Experience's own optimization.

Close out all other apps in the background. Nothing else needs to be running at this point as you've only got 6 gig of ram. Best of luck...

>gt1030
>gpu 18%

>tries running no man's sky on a PC that doesn't even have minimal sys requirements
>runs "ABYSMAL"
>comes to bitch about it on Jow Forums
Guess summer's early this year...
Also ITT
>fuck you I just wanna hang out with my gf in space.
Stop talking shit. If you're implying that she actually exists and semi-games then she would have already told you you're a tard for even attempting this.

>my gf's
ask reddit

faggot OP reporting. deleting TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS file and letting the game build another one from scratch makes everything nice, but at the wrong resolution. My autism won't let me just fix the resolution, restarting the game and just play, I need to get to the bottom of this.

It's a really badly optimized game (hence it can have widely different results depending on hardware) and your hardware is pretty weak.
Nothing weird.

new report.
I think I got it. For some reason, setting Reflection Quality to LOW fuckin murders performance. Maybe setting it to low makes the CPU work harder. No idea. If I leave it to Medium or High I get 20+ FPS stable. If I set it to Low, bam, shit performance.

welp now that I know what's ruining things, is there any way I can squeeze a bit more performance off this CPU? (no OCing because the cpu fan is shit). I heard disabling "C6" at the BIOS helps things a bit. Also something called "AMD cool n quiet". Any truth to this? searching the web gives me ambiguous answers.

sell that shit and get a haswell i3 and a haswell motherboard, that's like $100 spending and you keep everything else and you will be able to play anything you like on your shitbox and not get bottlenecked by the cpu

>no man's sky
>A8-7650k
>Under 10 FPS
What exactly were you expecting from that shitty game and APU combination?

Shouldn't the "ding ding" be coming from the other side?

I can find a i3-4160 for peanuts in my country, but mobos are nearly impossible to find.

I can't believe I have to say this but have sex

Windows 10 has a game mode that throttles CPU hard on everything but the game. So maybe try that and lower the settings to nothing and hope it gets better.

you're doing it wrong, search for a barebone used dell optiplex or thinkcentre that comes with nothing but case psu motherboard cpu and a shit heatsink.

I'm using windows 7
not a bad idea actaully, bu I've heard they use custom PSUs. Would that give me shit in the future?

take the PSU out and buy an SFF one

>gaymen
>probably windows

Your gf is mentally handicapped.

If you're playing that "game" NMS, neither of you are going to enjoy being together for long.

her work computer is a macbook air, I don't know if that proves or disproves your theory. We both have a "gaming desktop" for wasting weekends. Mine's a ryzen 1500x with 16gb + a 8gb rx480. Hers is the one we discussing here.
we're literally hundreds of hours in, but she's tired of the crappy FPS we get on my laptop and that's why we """""""""""upgraded"""""""""""" her desktop with a gt 1030 yesterday.
you meant "sfx"? because those are the only ones I can find new in my country.
Anyway I'm on 24 FPS stable thanks to this thread, so I'm grateful. Thing is it still stutters like crazy from time to time. I tried disabling C6 and it stuttered even more. I dont think its anient mobo handles OCing but maybe I can try if you guys helps me out since I've literally never OCd successfully in my life.
It's a ECS A55F2P-M2 (V1.0) motherboard.

Attached: file.png (764x605, 248K)

Play elite dangerous instead, that runs on a toaster and looks phenomenal.

>we're literally hundreds of hours in, but she's tired of the crappy FPS we get on my laptop and that's why we """""""""""upgraded"""""""""""" her desktop with a gt 1030 yesterday.

The fuck do you expect out of a 1030?

Fuck off Braben

it's unironically a decent game now
it's basically little tykes elite dangerous with a bit of minecraft.

I wish I spent as long playing ED as I do recommending it :(

SFF = small form factor

just fucking throw that useless 1030 away, it only exists really to sell to OEMs so they can shove it in a budget prebuilt and say it's for gaming, or to handle multimedia internet browsing on a budget. It is not for games. Go buy a 1050 or a used 900-series.

Dell's business line (Optiplex) use standard power supplies in their standard height cases. The SFF ones have smaller ones that are sometimes proprietary. I don't know about Thinkcentres, but I do know Lenovo's consumer prebuilts (Ideacentre) are VERY off-the-shelf, all parts are upgradable and even the front panel connectors are labeled so you can put the mobo in a freer-flowing case if you upgrade the CPU and need more cooling.

I have a gameboy micro with more power than that sawmill

>The fuck do you expect out of a 1030?
this youtube.com/watch?v=-qn9OBgkHs4
thanks for the tips

$5 cpu, no shit nigger?