J-just listen to music locally from your phone!

>j-just listen to music locally from your phone!
How am I supposed to carry around a terabyte (or even more at this point) of music around?
And what about discovering new music? The best you can do is some syncing setup but that would get out of hand quick while also being limited to only downloading music on your PC.

Attached: the.x-files.s04e15.1080p.bluray.x265-D3FiL3R-00h08m30s050t.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

abx.digitalfeed.net/list.html
notabug.org/RemixDevs/DeezloaderRemix
gitlab.com/Nick80835/DeezLoader-Android/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Flacfags btfo

Just use deezloader on your phone to download hi-res mp3s you turbo autist

>j-just listen to music locally from your phone!
Why should you not? Do you think music can never get copyright claimed or removed anywhere online? Do you enjoy not actually owning any piece of music, but just a license to play it?
>How am I supposed to carry around a terabyte (or even more at this point) of music around?
There are external hard drives and USB OTG cables, but when do you find the time to listen to a fucking terabyte of music? And why would you keep all of that on you at all times? You can reduce the size by having your library in 320 kbps MP3. But I'm still confused by the terabyte of music part.
>And what about discovering new music?
Rateyourmusic.com

These two OP.

>How am I supposed to carry around a terabyte (or even more at this point) of music around?
fdkaac --profile 29 --bitrate-mode 1 --afterburner 1

>what about discovering new music?
As soon as some POS new album from some 3rd rate artist comes out they spam it
>Is JunnglePuZZy's newest album "Slob'n It" as good or is it better than DSOTM?
However, with 1TB of music, it sounds like you still need to "discover" much of what you already have

>And why would you keep all of that on you at all times
because you might want to listen to a new album, but after it's done you might want to listen to some old songs you already know. maybe later in the day you are in a different mood and want to listen to a completely different genre.
To be clear, let's assume that you're not home for the majority of the day. To be able to go through what's described above, you'd have to plan out your entire day and prepare the music beforehand.
>rateyourmusic
yes that is how I discover music but while I'm listening to something in the train, the album finishes and I open up rym and look up the next one to play.
Streaming solves all these issues, you can still download the music you like to your PC later when you decide to do so, if you liked it and want a local copy of it.
Also, I've never paid for streaming, modded apps have existed for a while.
Setting up your own streaming service would be an option if the clientside apps for it weren't utter fucking garbage (do correct me if I'm wrong since I can't find any decent ones)

>because you might want to listen to a new album, but after it's done you might want to listen to some old songs you already know. maybe later in the day you are in a different mood and want to listen to a completely different genre.
>To be clear, let's assume that you're not home for the majority of the day. To be able to go through what's described above, you'd have to plan out your entire day and prepare the music beforehand
Really this:
>Streaming solves all these issues, you can still download the music you like to your PC later when you decide to do so, if you liked it and want a local copy of it.
No it doesn't really. You don't have portability on all devices because Spotify is required to read them and you have a 10000 offline song limit. On top of that, you'd need a premium account for 320 kbps MP3 quality. Modded apps don't solve this at all.

Are you really going to listen to all 10,000+ songs, you fucking autist?

Why did you quote ? I asked the same question.

>You don't have portability on all devices
as I said, you can download the stuff you liked later on your PC, what other device would you consider worthy of getting into this group that needs to have your music?
>you'd need a premium account for high quality
that was untrue until very recently when they made their original app only usable by premium accounts. Until then you could've just used the modded apps and have most of the premium features (downloading didn't work though I think).
Deezer still has modded appps available, they don't seem to care or aren't really competent as Spotify about people getting premium features for free
yea I am, why would I constantly listen to the same shit? And it's better to have all of it available for whenever you need without constantly having to think or get frustrated because it wasn't available when you wanted it.
>deezloader
phones have low storage capacity
and I'm not going to carry around external storage

>why don't you listen to the same 10 songs from the same 5 artists/bands like /mu/ and i do while simultaneously pretending to know anything about music
fixed that for you, faggot

>deezloader
>phones have low storage capacity
>and I'm not going to carry around external storage
Then don't buy gimped garbage with no micro SD card slots.

>The best you can do is some syncing setup but that would get out of hand quick while also being limited to only downloading music on your PC
Torrent applications work on phones too, you know.

>Then don't buy gimped garbage with no micro SD card slots.
that's not the problem
you also seem to be forgetting that microSD on phones can only go up to certain amount, most often 256GB, with 512GB being a more recent limit. Even then you're gimping your phone functionality because it almost always uses the 2nd sim card slot which some people might want to use.
they do, but syncing will leave you with a copy of it on the PC as well if you want/need to use it there.
I've also realized that phone storage is a problem with this approach

NAS and connect remotely, then you can have as much as you want either at home or by the internet.
Although realistically, who the fuck listens to 1tb of music? just store like 100 albums you like, I doubt you even have 100 you like.

Is FLAC really that better than MP3 320kbps, or do you need thousands of dollars of audio equipment to detect the difference?

>100 albums you like
I listen to around 3 albums a day, I'd go through them in a month, if not sooner
As I've mentioned, it seems that setting up a custom streaming service would be the best solution to this. Not only do you basically 'own' the music, but you also get to decide on the format used so you can use ogg vorbis or aac instead of mp3 to reduce the filesize - perfect for those on a data cap.
The problem is there are no good clientside apps.
And no, I'm not paying for one, I am certain they aren't worth it

>Is FLAC really that better than MP3 320kbps, or do you need thousands of dollars of audio equipment to detect the difference?
It is better for archiving. That's all. There's no audible difference to humans.
abx.digitalfeed.net/list.html

you need superhuman hearing on top of perfectly quiet environment and audiophile tier gear to detect the difference

It's for archiving. You can also use it to transcode to other formats without loss of quality.

not him but I'm pretty sure deezloader has android builds so his point was valid.
Still, storage capacity issue

I know what it is, and I also recommended it to OP.

What's the harm in just using your music player to automatically convert high bitrate/lossless songs to phone quality and syncing them to the phone? You wanna tell me that you have enough music to go over the multiple gb/tb limit of microsd cards even with 259kb mp3/ogg?

considering the limit (in my case) is 256GB, yes

There's a time and place for everything, and if you really have 1TB of music then yes you should probably download it to your PC instead of your phone and stream it from there.

yes, agreed.
Now, what are some dlna or custom streaming apps that support gapless playback?

foobar2020

on android? I was assured it was still a bad experience overall, I'll try it again.

Use what works for you then? I hate DRM so I'm never streaming (from 3rd party servers) regardless how little I can put on my phone. If you're fine with it stream.

Attached: 27017054_950433498444348_1715143071_o.jpg (720x1011, 47K)

I'm starting to get less fine with it every day so I'm looking for alternatives.
Unavailable music, broken files are just some of the issues you have no control over

I use soulseek, deezloader, torrents and some ruski sites to download flacs which i encode and sync in mega. I use megasync on droid to get them on my phone. It's comfy.

Lots of implying with nothing to back it up. Sounds pretty retarded to me. Why don't you just answer the question?

>1tb of music
>1 million minutes of music @ 1MB per minute
Yeah you aren't going to listen to all of that.

> How am I supposed to carry around a terabyte (or even more at this point) of music around?
develop an appreciation for better music. You can probably find 50-100 good albums and listen to them for the rest of your life. Learn and appreciate the intricacies of the music, instead of just hording and occasionally listening to that shit.

back to , retard

opposite of /mu/. I don't have an endless amount of time to wade through shit to find decent music. I find truly great albums and learn to appreciate them, instead of always trying to find the next, best thing -- I'll let people with a fuck tonne of time figure that bit out. I've got more important shit to do.

>open some list
>go through list
>click play on album
wow so hard
please don't bother replying anymore if you plan on making more useless posts such as this one

If you always listen to new albums instead of just holding on to the ones you like the most then downloading music simply isn't for you, but you are one in a million. Most people do listen to new shit, but they always go back to the music they already love

But I have albums that I enjoy listening to again and eventually download them. That doesn't mean that I'm going to restrict myself to some number of albums and ONLY listen to those over and over.
How else am I supposed to explore and listen to new albums? I don't generally listen to music on PC because I do enough of it on my phone due to long commuting.

that still works?
link? i thought they dropped desktop support too after Deezer threatened.

I want people like op to keep doing things wrong. Have a nice life listening to shit music in inconvenient ways :)

this one still seems updated
notabug.org/RemixDevs/DeezloaderRemix

>Have a nice life listening to shit music in inconvenient ways :)
but it's not inconvenient when all you do is open an app, search for music and play it
>shit music
not an argument

thanks brah, i thought they shut it down after Reborn.
where's the apk though? there's no Android version.

oh, that's the typical desktop one
but there's one here too although I never tried it gitlab.com/Nick80835/DeezLoader-Android/
supposedly it's based on remix

wow, it works! thank you so much!

If you have 1TB of music, and assuming it's all FLAC-encoded and the average album size is 600MB.

That means you have 1600+ *albums* of music. You couldn't name 1600 albums.

You're a fucking retard, stop larping and get a job. You must be a fucking zoomer that just has music running 24/7 and listens to a million shitty pop songs.

>mp3 320
opus 256 is better

Could be if you could actually download music in that format without having to re-encode your entire library.

have you tried thinking of some arguments?
The question was how you're supposed to carry that much data around, doesn't mean that I actually have it, but I could easily get to it if I wanted to
And your assumptions are wrong

You should get ~500 songs per GB with 320kbps mp3s. What are you doing to where you want 500,000 songs on your person at all time? At 3 minutes per song, that's 1,041 days and 16 hours worth of music.

That seemed to shut him up.

the question still stands, we are discussing how to achieve the mentioned in the OP or some alternatives for it, not whether or not I should be doing it.
Best alternative seems to be custom streaming service from home
Also phone local storage is still limited to 256GB(around 300 if counting in internal storage)

Just carry 2 512GB microSD you mong

Why do people seems obsessively listen to music? I just heard them on radio/TV/YouTube and that's it.
Am I weird Jow Forums?

I use Plex or emby to stream music to all my devices. Archive everything in flac when possible. Music library is always growing. Nextcloud for other services.

for me, there's nothing better to do while commuting. It also lets me block out the annoying surrounding sounds

I'd be interested in answering your question if it wasn't so ridiculous. It's like asking why you should buy a laptop that's limited in drive space if you want 40TB of SSDs installed.

The premise is stupid. If you want to subscribe to a music streaming service, then do so. But don't pretend that you need to have more than 2.85 YEARS of music on your person at all times.

>I just heard them on radio/TV/YouTube and that's it.
You're not weeid, but you're not really into music then, that's all.

Weird*