Want to buy laptop

>want to buy laptop
>every decent model has windows preinstalled

Attached: 1399963682192.jpg (640x352, 19K)

>Windows 10 Home

Attached: 1545379345603.jpg (366x401, 54K)

>being this much of a brainlet to install your own OS

Just excract license key and sell it
install linux

Attached: 1479304555632.jpg (636x426, 38K)

install gentoo

>selling OEM key

OH OH GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA
WHAT IF... WAIT, WAIT
WHAT IF WE COULD JUST INSTALL THE OS WE WANT ON A LAPTOP AND STOP CRYING
NO THIS CAN'T BE REAL

>literally being too fucking retarded to install any OS you want on a computer
>giving a flying fuck whatever absolute garbage comes preinstalled on a device that you are purchasing

The Dell® XPS 13 Developer Edition with InfinityEdge™ display doesn't have this problem.

>pull out hdd
>drop it on the floor
everybody walk the dinosaur

Maybe he doesn't want to pay for the OS he won't be using.

>using windows 10 home
>but you're not at home

Attached: tumblr_o6ouy8mKMi1uv3hlzo1_500.gif (480x356, 1.98M)

I mean, some laptops come with no OS at all, but if the price difference between those and the ones that have an OS pre-installed isn't gigantic - those are his options. You have to pay for hardware either way , there's no getting around that.

this but unironically

>he doesn't know about freedos

Attached: nice.png (1803x717, 651K)

You deserve windows.

If you're buying new, there's sometimes a very noticeable difference. There was a Dell XPS with Oobantuuuh being sold for 200€ cheaper than the exact same laptop but with windows 10.

>FORMAT DISK... HARD

Attached: brainlet 3.png (645x729, 32K)

>paying $50-$100 to format a disk
Wow, that's one expensive format user

www.apple.com/macbookpro

Attached: dog 1272193519952.jpg (386x256, 23K)

He's not paying for it, though. In fact, Microsoft make the price lower by subsidising it.

you dont even need to pay someone to get your hard drive formated you utter autist
>the state of Jow Forums
>preach on how smart you are and on how linux is better than windows yet you cant even format a fucking hard drive

I think he meant that you pay $50-100 of license just to format it afterwards. You're not as smart as you think user. I think you just struggle with reading comprehension and are angry.
Reflect on your life and try to be positive and happy ok? :)

Oh this takes me back

Maybe you could order one from the company without windows for cheaper?

Sadly, few of those devices actually ship with an installation of FreeDOS, especially when that prevents them from enabling native UEFI and Secure Boot out of the box.
I was able to boot into a Win7 installation running Lenovo factory diagnostic tools by restoring the MBR on mine.

To everybody in the thread who doesn't understand why this is a problem, windows being pre installed means that every laptop you buy increases Microsoft's revenue since manufacturers have to purchase licenses from Microsoft. Even though the licenses are cheap when you buy in bulk it still means that no matter what you do you can't avoid giving money to Microsoft. The problem isn't having to format your hard drive or go out your way to install a different OS or even the ~20-30 dollars cheaper it would be if laptops didn't come with Microsoft Windows, the problem is that in purchasing laptop hardware you have no choice but to support a company you want nothing to do with. This was actually a big deal in the 90's when the Windows eula stated that the eula could be declined and the copy of Windows returned to the manufacturer though in practice no company would agree to reimburse you and would just pass you on to Microsoft, who would then pass you back to the manufacturer in an endless loop. This caused the windows refund day, which there is plenty of information about online
tl;dr: No matter what you do you can't avoid giving money to Microsoft when you purchase laptop hardware, even if they're a company you don't want to support

Attached: 1556098474984.jpg (468x510, 38K)

Except microsoft literally pays manufacturers to install windows by default

>Buy used thinkpad
>install gentoo
Problem solved

>used thinkpad
Because everyone wants his keyboards full of jizz and cheetos