/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: .jpg (640x360, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

testufo.com/ghosting
youtu.be/CDUZRNp4pxg
pcpartpicker.com/user/PrivateJoker27/saved/QTr7TW
pcpartpicker.com/user/PrivateJoker27/saved/YDmq3C
google.com/amp/s/amp.hothardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-3000-zen-2-ipc-uplift-x570
outletpc.com/bi7779.html
outletpc.com/nd3528-seagate-barracuda-st2000dm006-2tb-64mb-cache-sata.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is for people with 6c6t or 6c/12t. Do you guys regret not getting 8c or 8c16t?

I have neither and regred nothing

Recommend me a monitor that fits this criteria:
>27"
>144Hz refresh rate
>1440p
>used for gaming
>$450 budget

still need advice
bazaar monitors

lol is this user serious? AMD Gigabyte boards are bad? They're god tier on Intel platforms.

ASUS MG279Q
There is also a TN model that is cheaper.

If zen2 disappoints then I'm going to go with a 9700k.

Reminder.

Attached: viewing_angles3.jpg (3375x870, 984K)

>actually trying to justify buying bottom of the barrel junk
We get it, you're poor and that's ok.

no, but I'll be upgrading to 3700x (assuming it's 12c) or maybe 3600x if it gets up to 5ghz

Just do it already, especially if gaming is a priority. Intel is the best.

This guy's still posting this junk? Even my TN owning brother saw the light when I showed him my IPS panel.

Be sure to show him this as well
testufo.com/ghosting

Attached: GTG whats it good for absolutely nothing.jpg (686x454, 101K)

Unfortunately I'm not the one paying for it and the person who is has a budget of $450. Which TN model is it? What places have the best dead pixel policies? My biggest fear is to get one with two or three fucked up pixels and be unable to return it.

I'm due for an upgrade from my GTX780 Ti. Open to recommendations. I'm looking for something fairly future proof, will the RTX2080ti provide that or is it pretty much just for dick measuring at this point?

AMD shills SEETHING itt

>>actually trying to justify buying overpriced junk
>We get it, you're sucker and that's ok.

Attached: Jim_Parsons_at_PaleyFest_2013.jpg (1067x1600, 1.2M)

Don't notice shit on my IPS panel and neither does he, he plays Overwatch on it.

Attached: big_yam.jpg (2250x3000, 474K)

>IPS panels are overpriced junk
lol. They're the best. Solid colors and angles. Pretty soon we'll have 1ms IPS panels and 240hz, only poors buy TN.

>he
Did you just assume your brothers gender, you shitlord?

>will the RTX2080ti provide that
Yes
>or is it pretty much just for dick measuring at this point?
An expensive dick measuring contest yes.

A 1080 Ti is a nice middle ground, still a lot of future proofing but goddamn graphics cards are expensive right now. I'd go for a mid range card right now especially if you're on 1080p still, the premium for the high end is not in any way worth it.

2080ti is bad for 'future proofing' because
1) heat - the hotter it runs, the shorter its life
2) VRAM. 8 gigs is good now, but thats not going to last long

I remind you there was plenty of retards who said 30fps is fine for gaming and that 60fps is placebo.
You are part of the "im retarded, I don't see a problem with anything"

2080ti has 11 bro
and if i recall correctly every 20xx runs colder that 10xx

>IPS shills
>intlel shills
wew, guess the thread quality hasn't changed in the last few months

That image is a joke right? Or did someone straightface try to use that in a review? Nothing surprises me anymore.

>heat - the hotter it runs, the shorter its life
Barely true
>8 gigs
It has 11 gigs

Still too expensive to be worth it.

That's a big yam

>>IPS panels are overpriced junk
>lol. They're the best. Solid colors and angles. Pretty soon we'll have 1ms IPS panels and 240hz, only poors buy TN.
Luckily if I don't upgrade I'll never know the difference. It's like looking back at PS2 graphics.vas long as I don't it'll have absolutely no difference in my quality of life.

Go away. Input lag isn't half as big a deal as high refresh rate is. My brother played Overwatch on both his TN and my IPS panel and his gameplay wasn't impacted in the least.

Jow Forums is the only tech site where IPS panels are treated like menes.

>My brother played Overwatch on both his TN and my IPS panel and his gameplay wasn't impacted in the least.
I like how you imply any benefits of TN such as more clear images during motion must be A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE! OR ELSE IT DOESN'T MATTER
Explain to me how ISP color accuracy gives you a gaming edge? How does it makes you perform better?
It doesn't, its just nice to have better colors.
Same shit with motion clarity.

I don't even think they're memes, they are perfectly fine depending on your application. I just think it's pathetic that retards here think because they have a $220 IPS its universally better than a $200 TN, and that they have to shill to prove it

Gaming isn't all about getting an edge, the experience matters. Outside of pro gamers no one cares. Even I didn't notice any difference when I played Doom on either panel. It's all about high refresh rate. TN colors are just cancer

>1080 under transfer warranty -$300
Depending on model, Vega 56 is often similar perf new for the same price.
Beware people lying about it having transferrable warranty when it doesn't, too.
I think a $200 1070 is a better deal. I wouldn't spend that much on a card that doesn't have full DX12 support except for maybe the 1080ti since the alternative 2080 is pretty ass.
>1660 ti new -$240
Not a bad deal at all, especially if it's not a shit model/cooler.
>2080 new -$650
>2070 blower style new-$400
>1060 6gb -$150
Why were you even looking at these?
>Which one is the best value? Upgrading from a 660ti.
Just get a $140 RX570.
That was what, 10 years ago?
I had shit luck with 2 Nvidia cards, the 8800gt and 9600gtx, but I'd still theoretically buy a good card like the 1660Ti except that I already got a good deal on Vega 56 for $285 with is about 25% better.
Only reason I couldn't consider them before Vega is that even with Pascal, 10 years after DX12 came out, they STILL didn't have full DX12 support as they lacked async compute, which is just retarded.

The Zotac 1660ti if it's not single fan.

AMD 6c/12t is better than Intel 8c/8t in multithreaded software.
>8c/16t
I got it as a hold-over for Zen2 as I couldn't stand my 2500k any longer and was waiting for Zen1 for ears to begin with since Cucktel required me to get a new board if I wanted a 4790k or 5775C. I could use 8c/16t as I compile my own software sometimes, but don't desperately need it.

Wouldn't consider Intel because AMD's arch makes multitasking smoother.

That user is correct.
Gigabyte BIOS/UEFI is trash on Intel, but the hardware is at least good.
Inexplicably, every board manufacturer except for Gigabyte has a better PCB for the price for AM4 over H370/Z370/Z390 but on Gigabyte AM4 boards the PCBs are also trash

Someone please make a pastebin. There have been multiple threads everyday answering these retards. They don't even bother using the search function.

Attached: wikihow-photos-without-context-are-pure-wtf-2511.jpg (600x450, 33K)

>ISP
It's funny that this TN shill phoneposter constantly gives himself away.

TN if poornigger
IPS if not a gaymur
IPS 144hz if richfags
that's it. The new LG IPS panels this year will change the game

I'd agree with you if you said 2080.
It's the one with 8Gb which is not enou

Your card is midrange right now. It's similar to a 1050Ti. Even an RX570 is better and uses less power.

You are memeing the fuck out yourself thinking you suddenly need to spend $1300 for a proper upgrade. I'm guessing you're still on 1080p@60 as well.

What's sad is people's buyer remorse defending their shitty TNs.
It's literally THE SAME FAG who spams this shit after getting the responses btfoing him over and over.

He keeps making that strawman about
>MUH VIEWING ANGLES
that
>literally NO ONE gives a shit about
They care about the better color accuracy and tonal accuracy which TN can't come remotely close to. He can't discount that so he fucking strawmans bullshit about viewing angles that literally no one except him ever brings up.

People, who knew, actually like to play horror games and shit and be able to see that extra 20% of dark blacks in detail that get completely washed out on TN. The percentage of people who are competitive gamers are low, and those who are (I was top 250 on League soloqueue ladder) aren't on some huge disadvantage because of a little ghosting. But modern AHVA don't even fucking have a noticeable ghosting problem lmfao.

>muh colors
No one cares. Especially with that fake infograpgic I'm sure you are about to post.

Can someone give me a motherboard to go with an 8600k?

Or should I got with a 9600k?

I really got no idea what to look for with a motherboard.

stick with my 6500 cpu or upgrade to zen 2 this year?
current specs:
6gb 1060 sc
4x4 2133hz
1080p 60hz lcd

>and if i recall correctly every 20xx runs colder that 10xx
Wow you are way way wrong, not even close. What ever gave you that idea?
RTX uses significantly more power. The lower power of GDDR6 and lower clocks doesn't offset how much async compute, the larger CUDA cores, RT cores, and tensor cores.

Granted, anandtech does show lower for RTX equivolant (ie 2070 vs 1080) in BF1, most other sources show the RTX cards using about 10-15% more power.

>Or should I got with a 2600x?
Yes

Depending on your usage, I'd just upgrade to a 2600/X when it's on sale. That would already be a huge upgrade.

It happened guys. It's dead. All I did was sneeze on it. The case and motherboard power button does nothing. The keyboard have all 3 leds on.

Attached: 29e.jpg (217x320, 19K)

Upgraded from i5 6500 to a 2600x, it's so fucking nice user.

Only issue is you'll most likely have to upgrade your RAM+Mobo too

I have an R5 2600 and I love it, but I also only have a 60Hz monitor

You really don't need to upgrade you CPU just yet considering my i5-4440 is still doing just fine with games

>Computers are fragile
youtu.be/CDUZRNp4pxg

I have one with a 144Hz monitor. My gpu is on the weaker side but I can play Doom at 144 tbhfam

>Gaming isn't all about getting an edge, the experience matters.
I know but a lot of isp/va niggers will imply high refresh rate is only for competitive gamers, same shit for motion clarity.

>i ONLY sneezed directly onto delicate circuitry
lol

Looking for a GPU between $300 and $400. What good options are there, and is raytracing a meme?

Vega 56 or RTX 2060
Yes.

test

>ALL I did
>was provide conductive liquid to short it
amazing

user could probably just OC their RAM.
I overclocked my 2133CL16 garbage to at least 2800CL16.

raytracing is cool, but the RTX cards are too weak to actually do what they claim.

Kind of, but I don't really need it.

Are Transcend SSD any good?
or I should get a Premium SSD?

Attached: transcend_ts128gssd230s_ssd230s_128gb_2_5_sata3_1336200.jpg (2000x2000, 296K)

About to pull the trigger on pic related

What should I change? I only want to do ITX form factor. Will my PSU be enough wattage? Should I switch the case to a Silverstone ML08?

Attached: pc parts .jpg (874x608, 120K)

last thread i got shit on for choosing intel so i made two different builds:
Intel:
pcpartpicker.com/user/PrivateJoker27/saved/QTr7TW

Ryzen:
pcpartpicker.com/user/PrivateJoker27/saved/YDmq3C

Only thing is i'm considering picking up a used or discounted 1070ti instead of the 2060, the 2060 is just a placeholder because that's how about as much as i'm willing to spend.

thoughts? My plans are vidya games and media creation. video editing in premiere, adobe after effects, photoshop, etc, some blender. not a huge stickler on vidya graphics, as long as i can play current gen games on high / ultra at 1440p / 60hz i'll be happy.

Go Dogfish

The fuck is this dumb zoomer shit

>If all goes according to schedule, the first Ryzen 3000 processors and X570 motherboards should go on sale July 7.

Is the price difference between the Vega ($300+) and the 2060 ($350+) worth some performance difference? Also, who sells quality cards?

Nice source.

For Vega go with Sapphire and avoid blower models. Nvidia is a toss up, I prefer Asus cards. Vega 56 and 2060 trade blows. You could argue tell your blue in the face on which one is better.

>he can't use google
google.com/amp/s/amp.hothardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-3000-zen-2-ipc-uplift-x570

My psu shit the bed. Thankfully it didnt seem to take anything down with it.
Who makes the best psu these days between 600 nd 800 watts?
No marketers, serious replies only.

>noname blog
>quotes currytech as source
>who got their info from a translated chinese forum post
>release date "source" is literally made up by pinoy computer shop and debunked months ago

Yeah, nice source.

>Intel drone seething
LOL

When the FUCK is Zen 2 coming? I want to upgrade my damn PC but I'm waiting to see if AMD finally releases something god for once.

Attached: 1556391796164.gif (435x545, 892K)

If the 3700x is just 20% better than the 2700x, then Intel is in deep shit.

You realize 20% is a huge gain right?
I mean I'd be pissed if it was even 10-15%
>t. 2700X owner

This is my first PC and I'm trying to shoot for $700

1. Should I go with an RX580 instead of the 1660?

2. Is my power supply too much?

3. Anywhere else I can cut costs? It's $770 with rebates right now and I'd like to bring it down below $750 at the least.

I won't be doing too much gaming, but there's a select few modern games I'd like to play at a simple 1080p 60fps.

Attached: pc6.png (1204x689, 79K)

Just a reminder that Terry was an AMD fan.

Vega has more VRAM which'll help for 1440p in some games, especially in the future.
The performance of the two is around the same, with the 2060 typically using about 15-20% less power.
Sapphire and Powercolor make good Vega models. The Strix can be okay too, but sometimes they have a misaligned thermalpad issue.

Anything made by Seasonic or anything designed and manufactured in 2017 or later, practically.

>1. Should I go with an RX580 instead of the 1660?
Depends on what you play. If you are playing at 1080p@60 and the RX580 runs everything you play at that or better, then yes why spend more when you can use that money for a 1Tb SSD instead?
It's worth noting that 1660 model has no heat fins, and is a milled block (in other words, that cooler is shit)
That might be fine on a 75W 1650, but not on a 120W card.
>2. Is my power supply too much?
DO NOT get CXM unless it's the 2017+ model.
400-450W is fine for a 1660 but I'd get 500-550W with an RX580.
>3. Anywhere else I can cut costs? It's $770 with rebates right now and I'd like to bring it down below $750 at the least.
Remove HDD. You can get a 1Tb SSD for less than the SSD+HDD combined. SU800 1Tb is sometimes on sale for $90 instead of your $120 total there for the two.
You could get a cheaper motherboard like the MSI Gaming Plus.

your GPU might choke a future monitor upgrade

PSU is never too much. when they degrade they lose rating so your PSU will simply last longer.

i was gonna suggest some extra fans and a big heatsink to help airflow but if you need to cut costs, remove the SSD or the HDD, you can buy it later.

Is the masterwatt lite 600 any good? I can't get Seasonic here and the good Corsairs are overpriced.

>$90 for that PSU

SFF meme tax

nvm jonnyguru shat on it, there's an rm1000x available on discount for some reason, it's quite cheaper. How's that?

How's this? I don't know much about brands, I'm just selecting options that have a lot of reviews on pcpartpicker.

>Depends on what you play.
As I said I won't be playing much. I think the only recent game I'll want to play is Sea of Thieves, which according to a google search runs fine on an RX580.

>I'd get 500-550W with an RX580.
Does this one look good? Do I need to worry about getting Bronze vs Gold ratings?

>Remove HDD. You can get a 1Tb SSD for less than the SSD+HDD combined.
I have a ton of files and various shit that I've archived, so having a 2TB HDD sounds perfect for me.
The SSD will be used solely for my OS, my most-used programs, and maybe a select few games.

The new price of pic related is $717 with rebates, which is MUCH better. What do you guys think? I'm happy with this price, if you guys think all the parts are good.

Attached: pc7.png (1204x704, 79K)

from what I know you get better rating PSUs to save on electricity in the long run, so if it costs a ton where you live get something rated better
if you really need to have files backed up and don't mind spending time you could just offload your files to an online storage until you get your drive

outletpc.com/bi7779.html
outletpc.com/nd3528-seagate-barracuda-st2000dm006-2tb-64mb-cache-sata.html

what's the difference between these? i want a cheap 2tb hdd and these are both the same price. what's the difference?

I don't think I need to worry about efficiency that much, so i think i'll stick with the bronze. and I think I'll keep the SSD and HDD.

does everything else look fine though? am i ready to /pullthetrigger/ on my first PC?

Daily reminder.

Attached: 1556295578434.png (898x882, 108K)

Attached: 1555527390367.png (969x936, 82K)

Why do so many of you hate Gigabyte GPUs? What's the issue with them?

You should add the 9900K as non plus ultra

what SSD brands are good besides samsung? is sandisc alright?

its mostly dislikes from their mobos that kinda leaked to the GPUs
they use cheap components on their high end mobos because they have the tendency to heat less, GPUs have the same tendency

literally hunt for reviews and defects related to both
barracuda is fine by me, i had one that was used constantly and lasted little more that 7y

>They're god tier on Intel platforms.
hardware wise on z390, yes, but anything before is shit, same for software.

Would 1600W kill you irl?

Amperage is what kills you user, And yes. They can kill the shit out of you.

What is an external HDD Bay in a case? Does it not connect to the motherboard?

anyone pls

kingstgon or sandisc SSD?

I'm going to be building out. Of a dancase. So I was planning on getting blower style card. Do you think that's nessisary?
How loud are they?

Attached: MagazinePic-01-2.3.001-bigpicture_01_5.jpg (1080x1920, 969K)

literally like a server HDD where theres a tray to remove it