You guys always say you want to end the thinness meme and have phones with longer battery life...

You guys always say you want to end the thinness meme and have phones with longer battery life. Yet you didn't support the Indiegogo for this thicc boi that would have gone 7 days without a charge. Why not?

Attached: Screenshot_20190430_200352.jpg (1080x1288, 243K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>indiegogo

Because I want a phone that's about half this size but still fatter than a Samsung.

Because niggas ain't shit but soys and traps

Thinness isnt as important as width, phones are too wide from left to right and thats why people buy those ridiculous knobs they stick into the back

I think that's more due to who was running it. It's fucking Energizer, they sell how many billions of batteries a year? They're a giant corporation with a bunch of money... but apparently they couldn't develop this product on their own, they had to go on a crowdfunding site and beg other people to pay for it. Fuck 'em.

>battery company with $3.4B annual revenue somehow has to rely on indie funding to put an already existing phone prototype with their own batteries into production
The poor poor corporations meme is LITERALLY going too far these days. I'd get fundraising if it was a couple guys in a garage, but this is one of the world's largest battery manufacturers. What a fucking joke.

They could have made it 10,000mAh and it would have been useful and not ridiculous looking.
Also why the FUCK doesn't it have a headphone jack?
Also WHY THE FUCK are they asking for money?

It didn't even had a headphone jack or a SD card slot, much less a removable battery
\thread

What exactly is so hard about taking a power bank with you if you're gonna spend a week off grid? You wanna carry that brick around with you all year for that one week you're going camping? It's a stupid, unnecessary idea and thankfully barely anyone fell for it.

This shit was made for one thing: onions tech journalists to make articles to get reddit upboats, no one will seriously buy this thing even if they say they will

Attached: washing.gif (256x199, 2.96M)

>Thin phone that lasts a whole day. All you have to do is connect it to a wire when you go to sleep.
vs
>Thick ugly phone that will make a weird bulge in your pocket. All for the convenience of not charging every day.

Indiegogo is not buying a product. I'm not gonna just donate money to energizer. Release a phone and I'll buy it if it doesn't suck.

>put phone in back pocket
>sit down too fast
>ass explode

Jow Forums is mostly poorfags.

I guarantee you that most consumers would be happy with a phone that has slightly or even moderately larger thickness in exchange for larger, removable battery, I/O, expandability, and buttons. Instead, they put out a fucking brick that puts cellphones from 1990 to shame, and STILL lacks a fucking headphone jack, sd card slot, or removable battery.

It's too fat.
No headphone jack. Poor functionality in general.
Basically give a phone everything they had six years ago + new specs and all of /g will buy it

Being thick is more about the actional functionality, not just the actual thickness of the device. I would gladly accept stuff like qwerty keyboards/ flip phones instead of the thing glass slabs we have.

>no headphone jack
It's a $oyphone with a big battery not a return to utilitarian phone design.

/thread

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1555322368740.png (914x493, 351K)

>beg other people to pay for it.
It's no more "begging other people to pay for it" than when they ask normal customers to pay for the stuff they buy.
They weren't asking for donations if that's what you thought, the backers would pay for a phone and get a phone.

Yes you would get a phone, in practice it was just like preordering.

>carrying a literal brick in your pocket
Even stores burglars niggas don't carry bricks with them to break the shop glass, why should I?

because it's a literal fucking meme device
the thickness delivers on exactly one of the things I'd want in a phone (long battery) without providing anything better than the rest

If it was going to be that big it should have had a headphone jack and microsd card at the least. It didn't sell because it's shit.

>Why not?
Because it has a trash Mediatek SoC, camera bump despite the ~40mm thickness of the body and no headphone jack.

>No headphone jack
>No removable battery
>No expandable memory
Fuck that trash. Literally no excuse.

I would if it had a 1/4" headphone jack.

>spent R&D on product that journalists talk about but average consumers may not buy
>it gets released and no one buys it
>you lose money
vs
>put up a kickstarter/indigogo campaign to gauge actual consumer interest
>turns out no one wants this
>don't make it
>save money

Samsung J7 Neo master race reporting in.

I go 3 days on average between charges, 4 under lighter usage.

Maybe if some of you would put your fuckin phone down sometime you might get more than a day out of it between charges.

Attached: 20190430_125309.jpg (3264x2448, 1.8M)

Think of the Rabbit you heartless monster.

Attached: More like energizer Rabbi tbh.gif (480x410, 106K)

I get five days out of an Xperia Z3 Compact. Could stretch it to seven if I were willing to gamble. Light usage, and same battery capacity as the Z3 but smaller screen. :^)

because crowdsourcing is a scam, combined with the fact that I'm poor

they've obviously already done the r&d though

LG and Blackberry gave us phones like that too. Personally I'd love an update to the LG Lotus LX600. I had one and to date it's my favorite phone of all of them I've ever owned.

There was also the LG Lotus Elite and the Blackberry Style. A flip phone similar to these three would be such a great thing right now.

Attached: LG_Lotus_LX600_Bluetooth_Camera_GPS_Phone_Sprint_4561_04_w425_h380.jpg (425x380, 18K)

This is a fucking retarded, badly executed version of fat phone, though.
Instead of taking advantage of the thickness, all they did was make a normal, thin phone with all of the retardedness of thin design and make it thicker solely for the battery.

What a waste of good space.

>mediatek cpu
>not ip68 rated
nope.jpg

My current "thin" phone already lasts like 4-6 days before it hits

>I'm not gonna just donate money to energize
That's not what the campaign was about, are you illiterate? Did you seriously think they were just asking for money and not asking for money in exchange for phones?

I've only seen women have those. If you have man hands you can grip the entire phone.

>Did you seriously think they were just asking for money and not asking for money in exchange for phones?
Not sure if bait or just plain retarded

I bought a motorola moto c plus, 4000mah is sufficient. Only cost 60 euros too.

My pocophone already lasts like 2-3 days. It's not like I camp in the woods every other week, why would I need to carry a literal brick with no headphone jack?

because its just their shitty thin phone with a different back shell, hence the lack of headphone jack.

>Why not?
No headphone jack
No removable battery
No water resistance

>"Wouldn't it be great if someone made a phone a little bit thicker with amazing battery life?"
>Energizer makes this piece of shit
>"What, you mean you don't want a literal aluminum brick?"
Also this

Guys, I just had a brilliant idea. How about they make a phone with a removable battery so when needed a user can have numerous batteries to swap out and last months

But then they would not need to get a new phone so often...

Simply charge 600 dollars for a new battery.

Had they included a 3.5mm headphone jack and two SD card slots. I bet a lot of ppl would have bought it.

>a thread exactly like this yesterday
same scam

Real companies conduct market research, they do a feasibility study not beg for free money. This is nothing but a scam and they were never going to make it in the first place.

>no headphone jack
garbage

>Make reasonable request for a phone that makes sacrifices on the ultra-thin form factor in exchange for greatly enhanced battery life
>Smartass creates a kickstarter campaign for the opposite extreme and it flops
>Faggots: "hurr durr guess you didn't actually mean what you said"

Attached: tiredpepe.png (420x420, 267K)

The brutal truth is humans lie about what they say they want vs what they actually buy. See:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays

People are easily brainwashed.

Nobody wants that bullshit. We want 5000-6000mah or generally 2 full days.

Plus we don't fucking want mediatek. That's how you get a 10000mah phone that lasts as long as a 3000mah xiaomi

They're using it to test the market.
If they commit to producing the phones it is much cheaper to do a bulk run than a limited run. If they don't sell then it is a waste of money and resources.
What they were actually doing with the Indiegogo campaign was seeing if they would actually have buyers for the device.

He fucked up. Sure, R&D was done, but production would cost even more and if no one bought it then you lose out there.
Basically at some point you need to decide whether to put what you've designed into production. No point making a million phones and having 900,000 sitting in a warehouse for the next decade.

We just want removable batteries!!!!

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I have a 6 inch phone and I can wrap my hand around it and touch my fingertips.

>Did you seriously think they were just asking for money
Did the people who donated their money get phones?

The product made no sense. If you have the room to carry a phone that large, then just buy a battery bank the same size, you'll get even higher mAh off it and in that case you'd have a regular, convenient phone that you occasionally plug in to the bank, rather than a phone that is permanently unwieldy and awful form.

Because its a fucking stupid gimmick. Give a reasonable size battery with decent other specs not a 20 dollar Walmart burner phone with a tumor.

removable battery
sd card slot
headphone jack
no notch
Why is this so complicated?

based and chinkpilled, and its not mediatek for once!

>notch

I would kill for a phone that solves the notch/head bar issue by simply not having a fucking selfie camera. I never, EVER use the damn thing, I'd rather not pay the small price it adds to the damn phone to begin with.

I don't understand why selfie cams exist. Thots just end up taking a picture in the bathroom mirror anyway.

>removable battery
What is ironic is that there are new phones still with removable batteries but they are low end shit that you otherwise wouldn't want to continue to use after the battery fucks up
>sd card slot
Some phones are still holding on to that
>headphone jack
actually starting to get rare
>no notch
This grinds my fucking gears
It is literally a sin to have a phone with a normal fucking screen, you want a screen like you have on your TV, desktop or laptop with no notch, no 3d curved bullshit and actual right angle corners? fuck you, you can't have that anymore