Atomic Pi aingle board x86 computer

This thing has some awesome specs:

Genuine Intel Atom x5-Z8350 quad core with 2M Cache. Runs up to 1.92GHz with a 480MHz GPU. Eats RPi for dessert. Beats some desktops.
Loaded with memory: 2GB DDR3L-1600, 16GB eMMC, SD slot for adding more - up to 256GB
Full HDMI port with Intel HD Graphics & primary audio out
USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports
Fast dual band WiFI b/g/n/ac 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi RT5572 IPX connectors on board
Bluetooth 4.0 CR8510
Gigabit hardwired RJ45 Ethernet RTL8111G
9-axis inertial navigation sensor with compass BNO055
Secondary XMOS audio output with class-D power amp.
TTL serial debug and expansion serial ports up to 3.6Mbps
Real time clock & battery
JST style connectors on top and a 26-pin header for power & GPIO below.
Runs on 5V. Typically 4-15 watts.
Legitimate licensed BIOS boots from SD, USB, or Ethernet. Linux comes preloaded... Yes, it'll run Win10 32 or 64.
Large full breakout shield available with screw terminals for easy wiring, or order just the CPU and provide your own wiring.

Anyone have one or have any experience with them? I'm super excited to get one.

Attached: apboardhorizonal_300x300.jpg (300x210, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvermont#Erratum
dlidirect.com/products/atomic-pi?variant=21555037012073
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rywLHa1i9yk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Forgot to mention it's only $35. Rasberry Pi's are now officially obsolete.

good luck finding one, they are sold out everywhere.

Cool little board though.

only downside I seen is that it's 15w and requires a power brick, so you'll need to take that into consideration.

They have them on the website right now, but the breakout boards for the GPI/O power connector are sold out. ETA Prime has a good setup that just uses a 5 volt adapter converted to a two pin header that hooks right into the board.

I have seen it used with a 5 volt 4 amp adapter with no issues.

>Intel
So it's full of vulnerabilities that require performance gimping patches?

No VGA output.
At this point I might as well build an atom computer to use for my emulation box.

Attached: 1555537398631.jpg (681x384, 115K)

Unless it actually has an automic clock inside of it, fuckin garbage

5 rupies have been deposited into your accounr

Why do you need VGA in 2019? You can buy a box to convert HDMI to pretty much any other signal type anyways.

I'm not a big fan of Intel in recent years myself, bit that is a still a really cool little piece of tech. You can't deny that its enticing especially at that price. Pilets on suicide watch.

RGB output to a CRT TV. Right now the Wii is by far the best way to do this, but the Wii isn't powerful enough for N64 or PS1. It's also not good for media.
Why watch 480i anime like Azumanga on my 4K TV when I can watch it on a CRT TV?

Attached: IMG_2551.jpg (1280x960, 226K)

I can understand that (I have a lot of 480p stuff archived too) but they have breakout boxes that convert USB 3.0 to VGA for less than $20 US on Amazon. Pretty novel approach for connecting a secondary display. That would actually be really bad ass for even Dreamcast emulation, SCUMMVM, and DOSbox games too.

Those almost certainly can't do 240p, which is important for vidya. Converting an output to an input, and then back into an output also will add some kind of latency no matter what.
VGA can easily be worked into RGBS for CRT TVs, which is why it's usually the preferred method.

Attached: IMG_1193.jpg (2880x2160, 2.67M)

4GB of ram, and give me a dedicated GPU, don't care what, just something better than Intel HD, and I'll be happy...

Much better than a PI
If only it had the option for something like 4GB RAM and 32GB EMMC for $50

For the price point I’m not sure if you can ask for a better GPU even if a Intel iGPU

For the Price no, can't complain. But I'd pay $50 for it then...

(...and I can't find it in Canadaland, and they manufacturer refuses to ship outside the US. I emailed and they told me to get fucked.)

Does anyone else notice that this post literally reads like a fucking commercial? Go shill somewhere else.

Attached: 1539418757017.png (200x200, 55K)

>atom
>DDR3

Enjoy it for the 12-18 months it'll work before the clockgens just fuck out on you and then one day it just won't power back on after a powercycle.
That's why these things are so cheap, Intel still has millions of these SoCs sitting around because everything ditched them after Gladden.

>Beats some desktops.
as in beats a 2003 desktop
because the single core performance is AthlonXP tier
not to mention emmc which is slower than dog shit.

Only if you want unreliably hardware that will inevitably stop booting after 12-18 months, sure.
This isn't something that might happen - this is something that WILL happen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvermont#Erratum

>intel botnet

No

I bet the emmc is still faster than an HDD

All listen to the king of the tards, latency is important for playing super mario!

Are you trying to say it doesn't?

Seems extremely neat.

>latency is important for playing super mario!
Well, it is. It's important for anything dependent on user reactions, really.
Congratulations on being a moron, I guess.

>be intel
>pic related stockpiling because no one is buying this shit
>break them open
>ADD MORE RAM
>copy the raspberry pi form factor
>call it a new product

Attached: intel_boxstk1aw32scr_compute_stick_1458141809000_1220968.jpg (2500x2500, 325K)

I stumbled on this page by chance just as I was looking into doing a retropie on 3 B+ system for the living room earlier today. Even had shit carted up.
Is this a better option? It looks like it's not super newbie tard friendly compared to the rpi.

>only 24 gpio pins

see:

> Bay Trail, Braswell affected and even then only some series
> Errata document doesn't even mention Cherry Trail even though it was published in late 2018
I'll call it FUD until you show me it affecting the chip on that thing.

can it seed torrents at 1gbit?

>no m.2
intothetrashitgoes.jpg

This.

Yes. The only things he knows is marketing and basic specs but if you don't own one. "legitimately licensed bios" lol

Attached: birb.gif (499x281, 496K)

This, I’ll stick to my Spectre-proof Pi.

>2GB DDR3L-1600
into the trash

It's all that processor can actually support according to Intel ark

desperate

>Only ships to the US
Into the trash

This kills a lot of the high end arm boards but not the raspberry pi due size and power consumption.

I have a /csg/ tablet with that CPU, it's slow but usable even in win10. It all depends on how fast that eMMC is.

GPIO extenders are dime a dozen.

That's what you should do anyways and not Atom, but a APU machine with onboard VGA connector.
Most people use that. It can even drive 15kHz RGB-H/V.

This little thing has many other qualities for other uses.
Even the Pi will still have it's uses.

2gb is usless for virtualization
why the fuck are they limiting ram

Because they are mostly for single purpose, not several things at once.

I am all for the lowest price for best performance and lowest power requirements. This does hold some interest.
As someone who works in IT with many different systems I can tell you anything with m.2/NVMe into the trash it goes.

Fucking hell I need to get one of these before a certain emulation youtuber gets one and says how good it is.

At least this is cheaper.

>No sata port

isnt this just a nuc board?

>Atom
>virtualization
Are you quite serious?

Where can I buy one?

Attached: 1551635835406.jpg (400x400, 19K)

>no vga ps2 rs232

Pass.

Can you set power limits in the uefi?

It should come with complete Windows 98SE drivers. Pre-y2k PC gaems running off 10 watts on a palm sized sbc. Why doesn't any manufacturer capitalize on the nostalgia?

>Atom
in the trash it goes

dlidirect.com/products/atomic-pi?variant=21555037012073
The version with power adapter is sold out already.
Don't repost this link anywhere else since then it will be harder to buy one.

Why the fuck would you want virtualization on an ultra-cheap computer the size of a palm?

98SE can't handle 2GB of RAM.

The effort required to write Win98 drivers for all of the hardware isn't worth it because running old games is already possible via emulation. Even those shitty Atoms support VT-x, so you can run 95/98 in VirtualBox without a huge performance penalty. For even older games, there's DosBox that runs on x86 and even on ARM SBCs (though significantly slower).

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rywLHa1i9yk

Wew lad, I thought it was smaller. That thing absolutely dwarfs RasPi.

How the fuck are they able to afford all that including CPU, memory, controllers, eMMC and a huge-ass heatsink at $35?

why the fuck not? in 2008 that would be more than enough, nothing really changed

It's a dual core CPU with shit single-thread performance and Intel's shitty insecure hyper-threading, and you're asking why it's a bad idea to split it into virtual machines?

Again, are you quite fucking serious?

The stuff to be virtualized has changed. You probably aren't going to run a 12-year-old distro or W2K3 in a VM nowadays.

And the 2GB limitation is due to the shitty tablet CPU, so even if they weren't going for the lowest price point, they couldn't have put 4GB there.

Ackchually it's a quad core CPU with no hyper-threading.

>awesome specs
>atom

Attached: 1547096695171.jpg (240x251, 24K)

>>awesome specs
>>atom
Yeah it is awesome compared to a top shelf RBP. Also, for all the faggots crying "b-b-but spectre and m-m-meltdown" its a $35 SBC: it's for projects, not storing sensative data, and the likelyhood of it being exploited are next to nothing.

>I have seen it used with a 5 volt 4 amp adapter with no issues.
and how many wats is that you melanin enriched individual of substandard mental faculties?

Nope. It's around the single core performance of a pre-2010 Core 2 CPU.

I have one of those chink mini PC's with the same cpu, I use it for some services that the RPi can't handle well.

Attached: IMG_20190501_153929.jpg (4000x2250, 2.79M)

Here's a hint: 5 times 4
It's that easy.

It's not the same Atom that you had in netbooks 10 years ago, different microarchitecture.

>intel
why even bother OP

CRT tv's use YPbPr, not RGB. You are on the technology board. There were a few 1024x768 televisions with VGA input, and damn they looked good.

VGA is the superior video standard

>It requires 15 Watts of power though
>well yeah I've seen it run off a 20W supply, check mate
>being this retarded

>CRT tv's use YPbPr, not RGB.
You're an idiot.

>Intel
Yeah stopped right there...

This is the only reason why I wouldn't buy this, I'd rather stick to a slower Rock64 that requires less blobs than proprietary Intel crap
I would get one that was AMD based
More importantly this
Atom's are a ridiculous mess, they got hit really hard by Intel gimping validation