Some pretty slow speeds with google fiber?

Some pretty slow speeds with google fiber?

Attached: ea.png (431x536, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dslreports.com/speedtest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

out of all the fiber, fios is the best

I dont even have fiber and I get this over wifi on my phone. Enjoy paying 3x what im paying for nothing faggot

Attached: Screenshot_20190430-204158_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 214K)

sure you aren't using a 10/100 ethernet port

this is very true

Attached: 2019-04-30 23_22_04.png (405x201, 8K)

what speed do you get sustained over torrent? at&t is throttling it hard

Use a gigabit router.

>tfw paying $45 didgeridollars a month for this
Unironically paused my downloads just to give this a shot.
Fuck my life.

Attached: lets go.png (397x332, 14K)

i regularly upload files on torrents at 110-112MB/s (880-900mbps)

Downloads generally peak around 80MB/s with sustained speeds generally around 60MB/s, but that's generally cause i'm grabbing things when they're brand new, if I torrent something with a large pool of fast seeders I can see downloads break 100MB/s+ occasionally.

I'm not OP but Verizon gave me a shitty wire to use with my gigabit, I was beyond upset. Switched out wires and I get at least 400/400 in a densely populated area, never really seen too much higher. I pay for gigabit God damn it.

god damn it at&t, i only get about 200mbps upload

Then you're getting jewed, i've had FIOS gigabit since april 2017, and I pretty much always test above 850mbps.

Attached: 2019-04-30 23_35_55.png (462x625, 29K)

>gave me a shitty wire to use with my gigabit
What does this mean?

They used CAT5e for early gigabit installs, then switched to CAT6a.

Both cables are rated for 1gbps and are capable of delivering it.

speed test is meaningless, i also test above 900+mbps, but actual usage speed is only 200

To what though?

Microsoft downloads, Nvidia drivers, Steam downloads, Blizzard store downloads, all of these things I can easily break 800mbps on.

Most servers can't sustain more than 200-500mbps to a single client. Only major services, like steam, blizzards, M$, etc can afford to run servers with such excess bandwidth to actually sustain gigabit throughput to a single client connection.

Attached: 2018-11-19 15_06_49.png (624x70, 27K)

>To what though?
torrent

Googles speedtest was testing very slow for me. So I tried dslreports.com/speedtest

Your plebeian internet has nothing on mine.

Attached: muh_internet.png (646x446, 14K)

That's your ISP being shitty, or you're VPNing your torrent connection, or you just have shitty seeders.

I can torrent well beyond that

Attached: 2017-10-08 18_00_15.png (1011x45, 6K)

I envy you all faggots. You don't know the struggle of having 1MB/s for download and 100KB/s at best for upload.

With speeds that slow just drive over to a friends house LMAO.

I've got gigabit fiber at home and 1.5mbps DSL at work.

0.18MB/s

my issue with DSLreports is while they have servers around the country, the servers closest to me ALL time out, so it tries connecting to Iowa and Canada and shit like that which gives me retarded latency and halves my bandwidth.

It used to be reliable until mid 2018, since then all the servers on the east coast US have stopped working all together for me.

I can't find other speed tests that push past ~200mbit to ~400mbit.
Rather silly for me to have internet faster than the speed test provider, I'm basically measuring their speed.

You probably posted an offensive comment somewhere. RIP

i delete and redownload just to test my speed user

You don't it's your ISP's shitty peering.

AT&T is notorious for shitty peering on their fiber service.

Almost every speedtest server I test to breaks 600mbps, and most break 800mbps, it's far more likely your ISP is just shit.

I don't have AT&T.

AT&T Austin
$70/mo

Attached: Untitled.png (725x120, 16K)

I can test a direct connection to a private speed test server from my router and sustain a stable 700+ mbit. Using piece of shit web browser online testers most only test sub 400 but as posted dslreports will push over 600 mbit.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. It's not my ISP.

i'm using it as an example, if you honestly think 200-400mbps is stretching the limit of speedtest servers, you're retarded.

Hell, the majority of speedtest servers around major metro areas have moved on to 10gbps connections, there is no way in hell you're maxing those out, the only real explanation is whoever your ISP is has shitty peering locally to you, or on their wider network, or one of their peering partners.

Lmao, it is 100% your shitty ISP having congested peering.

Enjoy pretending it's not though, you're obviously in denial.

Got any proof?

You could name your ISP and then I could shame them with factual information.

You don't ACTUALLY believe you've got a better connection than data centers in your area that host these speedtest servers....right?

>but the NBN
i feel bad for you poor cunts, i've seen people with 3+ year waits, it's horrible.

According to their own website, my place is getting it early to mid 2020.
It's so fucking dumb.

It's good enough to shitpost.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-01-00-36-14-1.png (1440x567, 57K)

>You don't ACTUALLY believe you've got a better connection than data centers in your area that host these speedtest servers....right?
I don't know why you have some expectation that a datacenter is inherently equipped with adequate resources and/or is well maintained. It's 100% dependent on the region.

Most of us-east1 was down for multiple days like a month ago. In 2019.

You should be grateful for that.
t. Leaf stuck with 3rd-world 8mbps upload