RIP Youtube

Google to shutdown Youtube

Attached: 1547295153804.png (1760x600, 408K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YbJOTdZBX1g
web.archive.org/web/20190501102222/https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/30/youtube-algorithm-changes-negatively-impact-google-ad-revenue.html
cnbc.com/2019/04/30/youtube-algorithm-changes-negatively-impact-google-ad-revenue.html
github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui
mrs0m30n3.github.io/youtube-dl-gui/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that would be good honestly

>no more youtube "celebs"
yes it would be

I just came here to say fuck Google and fuck you!

Good. Sucking advertiser dick was a bad move. They should just take donations like twitch and stop screwing over users.

Surprised it lasted as long as it did. Never could figure the revenue stream. "Advertising" mumbo jumbo only lasts so long.

Thank you based google

>Implying Twitch, which is a lot cheaper to run btw, is profitable.

>hey guys

Does it actually say that they're shutting it down or are they going to start aggressively advertising on it by embedding commercials into videos and data mining users to sell to whoever wants the data?

>implying google hasn't already been selling user data

Of course they're not shutting down. They're probably going to change the algo back to the way it was before and ignore all the shit videos that get uploaded.

all that's gonna happen is that they remove revenue from good youtubers

It actually is because it drives the most important revenue source for Amazon, Prime subscriptions.

No, there's no news here.

YouTube made less money than wall street "analysts" predicted so people panicked and sold their stocks so the stock price dropped.

Google's stance is that they are prioritizing getting rid of clickbait content instead of exploiting clickbait content for ad views, because they think in the long term it's better to foster useful content rather than clickbait/fake news.

based Google

Youtube always operated in the red, but it seems this time they just shat the bed.

I'm not being an alarmist here, but it's obvious that Google will start deleting the oldest videos and just leave the most important ones. Just like with geocities, an important part of the internet's history will die.

>selling users data
google is an advertising company
they are the ones buying user data, tard

>Google's stance is that they are prioritizing getting rid of clickbait content instead of exploiting clickbait content for ad views, because they think in the long term it's better to foster useful content rather than clickbait/fake news.
Absolutely retarded because everything google has done on youtube has been antithetical to that.

why can you faggot screenshot the clickbait title but can't screenshot the fucking key points? Commit shutdown yourself.

Attached: 01_May_2019_06:36:34.png (738x241, 24K)

Those old videos aren't really using much resources.

you need catchy screenshots otherwise the thread would get 0 replies, no room for key points

fucking stupid k1k3s took a perfectly good and viable gentile invention and drove it into the ground
just like they did with movies

Attached: df0.jpg (680x383, 29K)

You meant to say censorship, right? They already do soft-censorship to a degree...

Yes please

Q_user is going to be in the history books someday...

Misleading title that doesn't even imply what you're stating. Fake news. 2/10.

Yet everything they do is to push clickbait/fakenews, just their political position of it.

>censor jewtube
>people are only allowed to see curated liberal content
>demonetise tones of channels - even ones having nothing to do with politics
>people start switching to other platforms for publishing content and seeking funding

Color me surprised

I was watching an hour long video on the phone app (no ad block) and it actually plays ads during it several times which previously did not happen before

Amazon's most important revenue source is AWS, mong.

let a thousand streaming platform bloom!

Attached: 1535283729306.png (1000x1000, 420K)

It's almost if ads have been massively overvalued in the market for over a decade and when google finally decides to start to value them properly it causes a fucking collapse

I'd quit youtube if bitchute would make a roku app. No, I'm not doing it myself.

That might be true but SUBSCRIPTIONS are free money due to most people not even using them.

not tru

Switch to Newpipe.

>Hey guise, why haven't we made a free youtube already??
$70B

Which is why Netflix is rolling in money right now.

Netflix actually produces things for some reason.

So does Amazon. They have their prime video originals as well as their Amazon basics brand - not to mention their electronics. And audible originals if you count that.

amazon brands are just relabeling, I don't know if amazon originals are profitable marketing for their shit or not either. Amazon has way lower costs on hosting and probably costs netflix extra subs, maybe its a value for them.

Quasimodo i mean Q predicted this

they can't help themselves
>durr kike on a stick
china as it exists today was literally set up by globalist think-tanks (ie. kikes) and intelligence agencies (more kikes) to be the manufacturing powerhouse of the world.

>new algorithm removes dancing gymnast loli vids
>can't make lewd comments, timestamps etc on kids vids anymore
>engagement down
Yeah no shit

Twitter should go first but that's fine too.

youtube.com/watch?v=YbJOTdZBX1g

>Which is why Netflix is rolling in debt right now.
Ftfy

Is like an update on Android they enables me to delete it when it shuts down.

Yeah I bet you and your two nazi friends getting banned made a huge dent.

>18.6 billion debt
>rolling in money

hello, welcome to the greater internet region. we don't use reddit /s here to designate sarcasm.

sarcasm is pretty gay and passive aggressive desu. nobody should employ it

>gets called out for being an uninformed retard
>i-it was just sarcasm
you're pathetic

You should write a letter to your local legislators about it.

why

not the biggest fan but youtube wont go away anytime soon

>all anons are the same person
>only late responses misunderstood
>didn't read the series of following posts discussing it in the correct context
>getting defensive instead of just pretending you never posted
Hi, welcome to Jow Forums.

YO

Pls just do it Google. This will boost the work on YT alternatives.

>new algorithm removes dancing gymnast loli vids
the what now

Attached: 1542048487848.jpg (164x326, 18K)

hi! i am new to 4chat

>use the name Google when reporting good news
>use the name Alphabet when reporting bad news

Attached: 001.jpg (788x1024, 121K)

>still keeping up the "only nazis care about free speech" rhetoric when google is down $70 billion

I really hope the left keeps up their extremist ideology until they wipe themselves out

don't care.
>> hey guys
> this video was brought to you by some god awful sponsor
> while im getting paid to shill garbage, please donate to my patreon to help me produce more garbage content
the absolute state of that site

>I really hope the left keeps up their extremist ideology until they wipe themselves out
that would be magical if it happened. im looking forward to it. these leftist fascists need to be gassed.

thanks for not pasting the link to the article, captain retard.

web.archive.org/web/20190501102222/https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/30/youtube-algorithm-changes-negatively-impact-google-ad-revenue.html
cnbc.com/2019/04/30/youtube-algorithm-changes-negatively-impact-google-ad-revenue.html

It's the most powerful propaganda weapon today.
It can't be closed just like that.

Please don't make me fantasize.

Wat comic?

The Alex Jones dive.

get fucked Sergey "Hillary Clinton Supporter" Brin

>sweet bro and hella jeff
blast from the past

>no more youtube "celebs"
what a paradise it would be

Attached: tears of joy.gif (160x180, 351K)

Get youtube vanced app. Between that and adblock on my desktop I haven't seen a real ad on youtube in years.

Its almost as if demonetizing everyone makes it so that there are no ads anywhere.

This would be too good to be true. If anything, they would probably lock the entire service behind a paywall.

I wouldnt be surprised if Google decided to mass delete videos more than 10 years old with less than say 3,000 views

And implemented a feature to pay to upload or watch in high resolution

>censor content
>revenue drops
wow what a fucking surprise. Commies and lefties BTFO

GET WOKE, GO BROKE

Google is still growing, just less than expected.
That is just how retarded financial markets are, not only do they expect you to grow forever, but also grow faster every year.

PLEASE YES

Well made they should delete all the response vids people uploaded years ago when it was a thing.

>Muh nazi boogedy man
Have sex tranny

Good. The faster we go back to people who just want to make videos with NO profit incentive at all, just fucking hobbyists who want to make some videos, the better.

most profitable by rate of return not net profit, day trading isn't newsworthy though, it's all bots and feefees

Youtube is an good source for HQ video game music and anime music.

downloaded gigabytes worth of crap of it

It's a big sentence.

>let people upload 10 hour long 4k 60fps videos that get 10 views
>lose money
No shit. I hate Google as much as anyone here, but you have to give them credit for giving free shit to thousands of people. If YouTube ceases to exist, I wonder if someone else would host as many videos.

No! There are still lectures I need to see!

Attached: 1501465527807.gif (306x469, 47K)

t. boomer

Actually it would be awesome. It would make people have to get a job and make content for real.

Welp, guess I'm going on a download spree; I suggest you all do too.
github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui
mrs0m30n3.github.io/youtube-dl-gui/

For you.

does it detect already downloaded videos?

Is there a scrapper based on youtube-dl where you can add link to channels and it will automatically download new videos uploaded to those channels?

Sometimes I'll archive an entire channel worth 200GB + for free

just imagine, all these people income-less from one to the other day, it would be glorious

you could do it yourself in probably ten lines of python

now that webtorrent and ipfs.js exists do we really need centralized video hosting anymore?