Odds Sony will sue me for this idea?????

Here is my idea: I'm going to make a neural network that transforms a PS4 executable into a windows executable.

Both have x86-64 processores.
All I have to do is to know where is the little switch that tells the software that it should use DirectX instead of OpenGL.

And we have plenty of multi-platform games to use to train the neural network.

But I'm really afraid of being sued by sony If I manage to succed.

Attached: neural_net2.jpg (791x388, 67K)

Who cares faggot. Just do it.

Give it a shot. Shut the fuck up about it until it's released.
If you start noticing people rummaging around your house, or other oddities, bail out and fuck off to the woods.
I'll assume it's fairly likely. Console manufacturer's are autistic about anything technical being done with their consoles.

If you're looking for a single switch then ML is prob overkill. On the topic of legality, you'll be fine unless you use this program to make games yourself and distribute them.

>I'm going to make a neural network that transforms a PS4 executable into a windows executable
How are you going to test output? You'd have to attempt to run the executable and confirm that it's running and rendering correctly, and that's going to destroy your NN's performance
>All I have to do is to know where is the little switch that tells the software that it should use DirectX instead of OpenGL
I don't think you have any idea how this stuff works, and I am positive you are going to fail if you attempt this.

>On the topic of legality, you'll be fine unless you use this program to make games yourself and distribute them.
I wouldn't bet on it. If OP publishes this program then even if people buy PS4 games to convert to PC then Sony loses exclusivity and therefore console sales. However considering consoles these days are sold at a loss to be made up for in game sales they would only pursue damages out of principle rather than actual losses.

A neural net alone will not help you with this. You need to do a LOT of reverse engineering PS4 middleware to even begin training a neural network to do this.

>All I have to do is to know where is the little switch that tells the software that it should use DirectX instead of OpenGL.

Attached: 1493676357918.jpg (768x960, 93K)

Attached: 2 int.jpg (188x264, 12K)

Attached: 1531103505631.jpg (640x645, 62K)

Just do it. Don't worry. Sony won't sue you, because it won't work.

>tells the software that it should use DirectX instead of OpenGL.

Attached: 1545547744064.png (694x801, 77K)

PS4 doesn't use OpenGL you idiot. It uses its own custom low level API.

>The native operating system of the PlayStation 4 is Orbis OS, which is a fork of FreeBSD version 9.0 which was released on 12 January 2012.[6][7]

>The PlayStation 4 features two graphics APIs, a low level API named Gnm and a high level API named Gnmx. Most developers start with Gnmx, which wraps around Gnm, which in turn manages the more esoteric GPU details. This can be a familiar way to work if the developers are used to platforms like Direct3D 11. The developers of The Crew put a lot of work into the move to the lower-level Gnm, and in the process the tech team found out just how much work DirectX does for developers in background in terms of memory allocation and resource management.[8]

You'd need to figure out a way to dynamically translate DX calls into Gnm and Gnmx calls without emulation so that there's no performance loss. Good fucking luck with figuring that out.

You have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about and you definitely will not succeed.

>neural nets can do any arbitrary task I throw at them

Can you also make a program that turns Windows programs into Linux programs since they're also both x86-64.

This. You have no idea what you are doing and will fail.

This could actually work in theory, but I can't imagine how you would check bad vs good output

This is a bad job for a neural network. Problems that can be solved according to simple systems of objective and unchanging rules are better suited to plain ol' programs. So write a plain ol' program. Don't try to use a fucking AI for it. That's like trying to open a jar of mayonnaise with your car. Neural networks are neural networks, don't get them confused with pattern replacement programs. Hell you don't even need to write a program, you could use sed for this if you were willing to sink enough time and effort into coming up with the correct highly complex strings.

> All I have to do is to know where is the little switch that tells the software that it should use DirectX instead of OpenGL.
Odds are, you don't know shit about PS4 software and hardware, nor about NNs.

Wine exist. This should be no diffrent.

you will not succeed. I guarantee it.

Communism actually works in theory

You're a fucking genius if you manage to do that and everybody will fight to hire you, instead of suing you.

It's not going to work. There's no little switch.

the neural network will care about this and will improve as it goes

The NN you're looking for won't be developed for another century

Tasty bait

what about blockchain user?
blockchain > neural net

PS4 runs FreeBSD so why not just fucking use that?

i'll make the logo

won't work.
you'll learn a lot, but ultimately fail.
have fun.

ITT

People falling for bait, Jow Forums is officially full of retards

Sony won't sue.
Secondly, trans-piling assembly is hard. I wish you luck.
Thirdly, I am pretty sure you do not have the data to train the NN for this task.

However, I do look forward to your work. If you were to write a PS4 emulator / trans-piler in some assembly language I would award you my Turing award.

>I'm going to make a neural network that transforms a PS4 executable into a windows executable.
your post is the best instance of dunning kruger effect I have ever seen.

Attached: 1545768784366.png (1060x1027, 1.02M)

I don't think you will succeed

I am become shitposter, destroyer of threads

why are you using images of Senko to be a faggot?

>All I have to do is to know where is the little switch that tells the software that it should use DirectX instead of OpenGL.
what the fuck

>And we have plenty of multi-platform games to use to train the neural network.
I doubt you have ever trained a neural network to do a simple task. You need millions of examples, not just a handful.
It is a lot easier to just make a framework game developers can use to make the game cross platform.

>I'm going to make a neural network that transforms a PS4 executable into a windows executable
That's totally stupid. As far as I've looked nobody even has a working emulator yet (that can play games).

>6 posts before someone calling OP a retard
summer is indeed early this year

>If I manage to succed.
no worries OP, you are safe, because you don't even understand basic principles of such tasks. I guess you are an Indian and/or a codemonkey

kys retard this thread isn't even funny

Attached: brainlet_abacus.jpg (615x663, 42K)

Attached: g3082-500.png (500x500, 75K)