OpenBSD is the best OS going now. Install it now

Linux is too bloated and corporate, Plan 9 has a horrible interface, Haiku doesn’t have a browser.

OpenBSD it is!

Attached: 482B9E2E-C4AC-40C3-B6A6-0707931E4511.gif (681x1029, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebPositive
cs.vu.nl/~ast/intel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know about BSD user, but that poster is really comfy and I usually make decisions based on dumb shit like cool logos anyways so I'll check it out.

>still uses FFS

That pic is pretty cool desu, but why wouldn't I use NetBSD?

They have unique art and songs for every release. And the OS is very comfy.

NetBSD is great too.

Attached: 7C45B6BB-710F-4214-8559-843BF4C8A84D.jpg (350x533, 57K)

GNUlets detected.

Attached: 5B1362F0-E0A6-46B6-8E0D-BAEA8EEA06CE.png (765x768, 408K)

Piece of shit doesn't even boot on stuff other than a thinkpad
how is it the best?

No need to lie just because you’re a salty GNUlet.

>lie
shut the fuck up and die BSD cuck

GPL’s the real cuck license.

Attached: 4BEE75AB-DE0B-4F40-8199-EDF417F90373.jpg (600x750, 274K)

Webpositive has come a LONG way, and the QtWebkit browsers on Haiku are perfectly cromulent for browsing Jow Forums. What kills Haiku for me is the lack of IPv6 and the state of the hd_audio driver.

wrong
BSD allows the code to be stolen by corporations
OpenBSD's FAQ also states that they want to replace GPL software with BDSD licens to be "more friendly with corporations"
This is pretty fucking retarded

>stolen
What’s that word mean to you?

GPL is the cuck license because it’s anti freedom.

Attached: 3F40313D-DEAD-48FD-9A29-5B5F68160048.jpg (395x817, 221K)

>Haiku doesn't have a browser
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebPositive

>Linux is too bloated and corporate
install gentoo

>installing Google’s Linux
Good way to get computer AIDS and firmware rootkits.

>GPL is anti-freedom
LMAO
>what does that word mean to you
Licensing your source code as BSD allows corporation to take your code, modify it and redistribute it as closed source. By using BSD you are willingly cuckolding your code with other corporations

>the corporations are all corporationy and and they make money
Who gives a fuck? OpenBSD is developed by people who want to use it, and who want others to use it. It’s not like their use of OpenBSD code is stopping me from using it myself.

Not everybody is a GNU cultist, commie.

>doesn't mind his code is being took whenever Tyronesoft wants
>calls me a commie

Linux and GNU are bloated shitware though. Just on technical merits BSD’s trounce Linux.

i really want to, but my hardware isn't compatible. can you recommend a good single board computer it works on? I'd like to set up a home router using openbsd.

>Linux and GNU are (((buzzwords)))
Guess I'll wipe my Fedora partition and install OpenBSD
oh wait, IT DOESN'T EVEN BOOT ON MY LAPTOP

I like freebsd better because it has better documentation

Should have picked a Thinkpad or Toughbook, works great on all of those.

Let me guess, you have a shitty HP? LOL.

really liking the 6.5 artwork

>Haiku doesn’t have a browser.
It does though, this is a reverse psychology shill thread but still.

>should have picked a Thinkpad or Toughtbook
So OpenBSD works only on specific autist devices, wow so this is the power of BDSD
>you have a shitty HP? LOL
It's a Dell Inspiron

>using Dell
Worse than a macfag.

>using Thinkpad
worse than a Dellfag

Freedom has a definition, the gpl restricts therefore it is anti-freedom. Your confusion is because you've been convinced that that the fsf cult redefinition of the word is its meaning when its not. New speak is stupid.

>the gpl restricts therefore it is anti-freedom
No, the GPL creates more freedom. That's like saying a mountain restricts water by collecting it and spreading it.

GPL restricts the removal of freedom.
BSD allows free software to become nonfree software.

And it doesn't matter because they can't build a business doing that. Your OSS version is still available, open to peer review, and the only version maintained by you, the original author. Their proprietary version will be a bad knock off no one wants.

Unless, of course, they manage to significantly expand on your work to the point their added value makes paying for it look attractive, even with the closed source of that product. By the time someone's added that much value it's significantly different, and can't really be said to be your original package anymore.

Of course you can't understand this because you're an autistic brainlet. Just like your hero RMS. Who, let's face it, hasn't produced anything of value since the mid 90s.

Attached: 1548766320382.jpg (252x243, 15K)

is freebsd okay?

You're seeing this from a user perspective, probably because shilling for free is your speciality, but from a developer point of view, licensing your software with BSD means a corporation can take your software, close it's source, and use it for whatever reason. Even tho it's your work, the corporation will never pay you back, because why would they. Your work is now at the hands of a corporation, with not even a thank you.

If you license your software GPL, you protect your code from being stolen, and every contributor, corporation or not, pays you back not with money, but with their new code that applies to your already existing code. Other people can share your code only if they agree to keep it open, which preserves freedom.

>when the artwork is better than their operating system

See you’re misusing the word “freedom” again. It’s a typical thing commies and other self deluded lefties do. Copyleft isn’t “freedom” it’s a set of restrictions which purport to be beneficial to the user.

>violent speech begets violence so I can shut down any speech I don’t like by claiming it’s violent
This is how you sound, cuck.

So Sony or Apple taking free software and making it proprietary is somehow good for freedom? Wow.

>I am a retard that sucks theo's cock everyday
this is how you sound, faggot

>stolen
How can somebody steal something you gave away?

When you have to redefine the meaning of words to create an argument you know you’ve lost the plot my tranny friend.

>the most secure os
>backdoored by cia
lmao

>good for “freedom”
So you’re just going to insist on pretending that well defined words have no meaning. You’re just proving that you don’t even know why the GPL exists. It’s not to punish people who want to make money. It’s not to punish fascists and whites. It’s a restrictive license which purports to benefit the user by restricting his freedoms.

You’re the moron who wants to redefine words in order to make an argument. A genetic failing quite common with your type.

>he’s just making shit up now
OpenBSD obviously terrifies the shills. Look into Vault 7, OpenBSD is the only modern OS not exploited.

So how does a company taking free code and making it proprietary amount to more freedom?

Wtf I don't have the freedom to kill people!!!

You’re fixated on a word you don’t even know the definition of. What would be the point in engaging you when you’re clearly a complete idiot and have shown that you need to dishonestly redefine words to suit you?

Just admit it, you’re trans.

Attached: 70E36FF8-6CD0-47D5-BD73-4046209F3E43.jpg (1920x1280, 594K)

Hey, goy, lemme steal ya code and rape ya mudda otherwise you're a commie.

>You’re fixated on a word you don’t even know the definition of.
I seem to know it a lot better than you, since you think being restricted is freedom.
>What would be the point in engaging you when you’re clearly a complete idiot and have shown that you need to dishonestly redefine words to suit you?
Nice dodge, shill.

>how can somebody steal something you gave away
By licensing with GPL you give away software to people that agree to keep it libre
If somebody took your code and made it closed-source, that would be stealing, you're not agreeing with somebody taking your work and make it fully theirs.
BSD license on the other hand, you give your work without any restriction, everybody can take your code, close it, make it theirs, never contribute back etc. Which yes, isn't stealing, it's cuckolding, you are willingly giving your work to other people without expecting anything back.

I love how increasing mindshare in the BSD ecosystem as Linux becomes ever more bloated and corporate is causing all kinds of ass burned shills to come out of the woodwork.

Face it, the GNU project has been taken out of the hands of the community and is run by four entities now, IBM, Intel, Red Hat, and Microsoft. Whining about corporations as they drunkenly shove everything and the kitchen sink into the kernel including, soon, DRM so you can watch your Netflix.

DRM must be good for freedom though.

>you think being restricted is freedom
You don’t know anything and you have to misrepresent what people say and redefine words to attempt to make your sophomoric point.

The GPL failed to protect the Linux kernel from corporate takeover. Oh but you’re free to change it!

i love how Jow Forums argues logistics more than the actual technology or is it just the shills?

Every OpenBSD thread gets bombed by the same shillbot which has a script it runs to try to convince people not to use it.

What does Linux have to do with the GNU project? They're different projects entirely. I only use free software, so I don't care about Linux. I only care about software being free, not who makes it.

>The GNU project is run by IBM Intel Redhat and Microsoft
The BSD shill proven to be retarded
You must have been thinking about the Linux kernel, where only Redhat + IBM actually contribute significantly to the Linux kernel, in a good way. Intel to a point, and Microsoft is just trying to be hip and cool open sauce software, but they actually do no thing. If Linux was BSD corporations would take it over long time ago.

>You don’t know anything and you have to misrepresent what people say and redefine words to attempt to make your sophomoric point.
Still dodging, shill? Can't you at least try to explain how restricting people is freedom?
>The GPL failed to protect the Linux kernel from corporate takeover. Oh but you’re free to change it!
Why would I care who writes "the Linux kernel" (as opposed to the detergent, I suppose, but odd you had to clarify that) as long as it is free?

Give me the freedom to restrict you, goyim. If you don't you're a commie Shoah... I mean Holocaust denier.

Attached: cucks.jpg (680x688, 91K)

>every openbsd thread get bombed by a shillbot convincing people to notbuse it
>only 1 to 4 posters from 54 replies said that GPL is for cucks and shilled OpenBSD

I'm actually a male alt right nazi, nice try.

dis bud unironigly

Attached: angabb.png (704x852, 641K)

MOSSAD shills scared of people having secure operating systems

>BSD allows the code to be stolen
If you distribute it freely it's not stealing when people take it.
GPL is basically software communism, which is inherently NOT free.

Attached: LIBERATORS.jpg (906x1330, 924K)

>If you distribute it freely it's not stealing when people take it.
This. It's called a cuck license, not a theft license.

Changing arguments more smoothly than x86 changes contexts. Way to go faggot

Attached: image0.jpg (1415x1080, 150K)

You would have the freedom to kill if the government didn't restrict you. Keep reading.
No, your new speak is stupid. Freedom has a definition, the gpl restricts therefore it is anti-freedom. Your confusion is because you've been convinced that that the fsf cult redefinition of the word is its meaning when its not.

>No, your new speak is stupid. Freedom has a definition, the gpl restricts therefore it is anti-freedom. Your confusion is because you've been convinced that that the fsf cult redefinition of the word is its meaning when its not.
So how does killing someone affect their freedom? Does it not deprive them of freedom?

>outdated monolithic shit
No thanks

>comparing killing someone to copying a piece of code
Imagine being this brainwashed

That's a low effort dodge. Spineless.

>So how does killing someone affect their freedom? Does it not deprive them of freedom?
As the recipient to murder/gpl-software you are being deprived of something, restricted from exercising freedom.
How does restricting someone not take away their freedom?

>songs

But you can be murdered without consequence under a cuck license. The GPL protects my freedom to not be murdered.

No the gpl does not. The only freedom involved is the developers freedom to choose which license he wants for his creation, which he can relicense, duel-license. The only thing the gpl does is restrict the recipient of gpl licensed to the terms contained in it.

How does restricting someone not take away their freedom?

unironically openbsd has slow as shit package manager

No, the GPL prevents someone from restricting the freedoms of others. It helps make sure that everyone has freedom.

>Haiku doesn’t have a browser.
You mean webpositive?

Just wait until BSD becomes semi popular, then these fucks will recommend templeOS

But seriously now the filesystem is crap
Freebsd not openbsd.
I tried freebsd on many computers and it wouldnt even boot.

Didnt they fork it?
Anyway i hope haiku is next

FreeBSD works fine in my machine.
Probably the best BSD technologically speaking.
Too bad the devs are not only cucks but also macags and sjws

>install (((Jewgle)))'s linux
Nigga, dafuq you talking about?

The gpl has absolutely nothing to do with freedom. Its a restrictive license that restricts users of gpl licensed software to the terms included in the license. Your confusion is because you've been convinced that the fsf cult redefinition of freedom is its meaning when its not. Freedom has a definition, it does not mention or include being restricted.

T-terry????

Why do people recommend FreeBSD as a your first BSD kind of deal?
OpenBSD so far has been much easier to configure and maintain.

The better documentation.

This. It literally takes about 15 minutes to update a dozen of packages.

>80s unix
>slow
>bloated
>shit documentation
>half-century obsolete file system
>half-century obsolete OS design
>autistic about complying with shitty standards
why

You're right but the BSD license is worse. Apache is the only good free license.

>GPL restricts
>BSD allows
Yeah so more freedom

That looks like a Beatles album cover

Why would I literally ever use OpenBSD over the painfully obviously superior FreeBSD? Or even NetBSD?

I really, really like that picture. May I save it?

Less overall freedom is less freedom, how exactly do you benefit from giving your code away with nothing in return? Also do you like working for free like Tanenbaum?
cs.vu.nl/~ast/intel/
>If I had suspected they might be building a spy engine, I certainly wouldn't have cooperated

>still using ufs
nigga you have softdep its 2019.

ama running it on a macbook pro atm works well.

>another openbsd thread devolves into gpl/bsd license discussion
bikeshed me baby
>cuck cuck
>KEK LICENSE
>muh parasite license is more free than other licenses
>muh corporate bending over

nature of the beast with something script based thats just a frontend with a lock.

>baitkake

Threads like this with the irrational freetard comments keep pushing openbsd up the list of operating systems to try.

>Plan 9 has a horrible interface
Is that really the only reason you can think of not to use Plan 9?

Mac OS is pretty popular tho

>corporations bad

Attached: 46355300_1864608303666276_8215805656524692601_n.jpg (640x640, 52K)