Fkin gnome is cancer. How tf can you make something that slow and shitty and be proud of it? Hate that shit

Fkin gnome is cancer. How tf can you make something that slow and shitty and be proud of it? Hate that shit.

Attached: ubuntugnomea.png (1230x768, 1.08M)

oh nice, another KDE shilling thread

Every time someone posts Gnome it takes me a solid 2 seconds to realise I'm looking at Gnome and not macOS

you must've used macOS too long then

made to increasing productivity And simultaneously decreasing overall UI/UX

Well dont fucking use it then!

why are you using gnome when lubuntu's clearly superior?

Attached: ss.png (1366x768, 632K)

Dude Gnome is a desktop environment, not a Linux distro. baka

Attached: 6de4c94.jpg (750x713, 51K)

Smh

Tell that to canonical. They seem to have the need to make a separate distro for every DE instead of giving you the option to choose when installing.

>uptime 2 minutes
Kek, every time. Do you people actually buy a thinkpad just to rice it, turn it on to take a screenfetch when a thread pops up and turn it off again?

fresh install has like 200 packages
gnome turns that into 3200 packages

Every year I have hope they improve their shit. I install the latest version. but fk no they just keep making that pile of shit worse

you'd rather have one big bloat package?

Use Unity

>packages are bloat guys trust me

maybe learn english idk

>xD uptime
retard, have you ever turned off your computer or upgraded a kernel? fucking idiot

200 packages are a fresh minimal netinstall.
3200 packages are GNOME + KDE software (to pull all their sweet dependencies) + tons of dev files on a distro that doesn't bundle them with the normal software package (i.e. not Arch)

I like GNOME. I don't like most of their software suite though.

>damage control

its actually quite nice for the new linux user if you dont give an option for choosing a DE so that they arent overwhelmed
Im writing this even though Ubuntu is probably my least favorite distro

Yeah, some GNOME software is amazing (GNOME Disks, GNOME Boxes), some are nice (GNOME Web, Nautilus, GNOME-Music) but some are straight useless(GNOME Weather, GNOME Characters, GNOME Software)

What I really hate about gn**e 3 is the presumption that it's users are retards, and useful functionality must be stripped out to avoid confusing the retards.
I could almost put up with the useless waste of space top bar and the obvious infatuation the developers have with iOS if they didn't dumb it down so much.

Most display managers are garbage.

kek that wasn't me, just feeling comfy and was looking for excuses to post screenshot

there's not much in the world that can bring as much joy/comfiness as reviving an old laptop and making light-weight OS look decent

Attached: ss.png (1366x768, 632K)

just installed xubuntu on a relatively old laptop
is lubuntu significantly more lightweight or the differences are minimal?

is it still stutters if you use dual screen?

>I wonder if getting kicked in the balls will hurt this time around?

This is literally you.

Attached: 456.jpg (594x439, 59K)

Apparently only Ubuntu GNOME is slow as fuck. Anons keep saying that fedora and arch run fine.

>no system tray
I cant see if I have missed telegram messages while I was away from my PC without going on it.
In KDE (or even other DE, heck even most WMs) I can see the telegram logo with red notification marks in the systray.

Fuck gnome.

>inb4 install this pajeet extension

that's Telegram's fault
>uses some shit self-made notification library instead of libnotify
Literally everything uses libnotify for notifications instead of Telegram

A
FUCKING
FOOT

A
FUCKING
RAT

A
FUCKING
DINOSAUR
FURRY

me like

I'm running wayland-gnome on gentoo. Shit's snappy as fuck, although the aesthetic leaves a lot to be desired.

Ubuntu in general is slow as fuck. Idk why.

>works literally everywhere other than GNOME
>its not Gnomes fault

It's the botnet.

which version

literally nothing wrong with gnome

It's really not.
Telegram is known for using modified version of qt and using their own notification thing that doesn't fit with the rest of the OS
>inb4 install pajeet plugin
Most of the DEs provide the systray as a plugin, and nearly all WM absolutely provides it by some external tool.