Battlestations

Battlestation thread: Japanese Edition

Attached: DSC_0085.jpg (3840x2160, 1.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/3CfQ
amazon.com/Elecrow-800x480-Interface-Supports-Raspberry/dp/B013JECYF2/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=5 inch display&qid=1556731602&s=gateway&sr=8-4
youtube.com/watch?v=HPqPCq5hNK8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1556010489353.jpg (1024x768, 128K)

Attached: cute insp.jpg (4096x2664, 1014K)

you were excommunicated by a gang of cucks

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x720, 43K)

Attached: cute inspo.jpg (2560x1771, 552K)

Attached: q2giq31g8st21.jpg (3024x4032, 1.31M)

7/10 Stop with the sticky notes. You live in 2019
Comfy
Shit taste 5/10
7/10
Now thats comfygay. Nice DS

Attached: wsbst.jpg (2752x2064, 1.54M)

>having the nerve to rate anyone else when your room has that chair, mad max+spiderman posters and those headphones.

Don;t you get bored of posting your room every single time? Fucking hell.

someone post the room of that guy from the foss thread

i hope you mean this one and not the others where you could see new bacterial being evolved in the trash pile he had

Attached: DSC004404041.jpg (3383x1328, 801K)

this looks extremely comfy

>Having the nerve to contribute in the thread

sorry...in a shitty mood today :(

Get a real OS, guys. This is cringe.

It does look comfy, but
there's always something off-pudding about this user's room, I'm not sure what it is. At first it almost looks like a 3D render, but then that fades, maybe get a plant or something I don't know. Anime figures, dragon dildos, some kind of heirloom or painting or DIY gadget. It's like a hotel or prefab Jow Forums detention cell made by datamining what people like in these threads without including anything mildly offensive.
That said, real comfy.

>there's always something off-pudding about this user's room, I'm not sure what it is. At first it almost looks like a 3D render, but then that fades, maybe get a plant or something I don't know. Anime figures, dragon dildos, some kind of heirloom or painting or DIY gadget. It's like a hotel or prefab Jow Forums detention cell made by datamining what people like in these threads without including anything mildly offensive.

maybe it triggers people because its actually clean?

>cringe
yikes

no windows, those blinds look fake

This picture is at least 5 years old. I remember that i wanted to make my room this comfy. 5 years later and my room is still a shithole.

Sagiri shit tier

Unfortunately, the only Japanese thing I have is this cool coaster
>toilet paper
Don't tell me that this bucket is for...
You can't battle without the station
Gay
Also gay. But I like this one

Attached: -.jpg (3264x2448, 1.14M)

oops, wrong pic

Attached: -.jpg (3840x2160, 1.35M)

good plant for someone who has never owned one before?

cacti

Throw out the shit you don't need

senpai/10

baste

>discord
cute turret though

move out, get your own place

dad's basement/10

best in thread so far

Attached: wst.jpg (461x586, 58K)

where did you get the mousepad from?

Fuck your chair and fuck you.

Attached: IMG_5817.jpg (3000x2000, 947K)

Where the fuck are you meant to find decent 5k wallpapers??

Attached: bst2019.jpg (4973x3456, 1.47M)

haven't sorted my shit since the move. absolutely ghetto. please bully me so i take control of my life again

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 3.01M)

sup? rate

Attached: workstation.jpg (1101x826, 221K)

itt: dust

clean your spaghetti

nice, how is having a window behind the monitors?

very comfy/10

too black for my taste

Attached: DSC_0014_resized.jpg (1805x1200, 687K)

what's those headphones

Pretty cute, I love it

Not much personality to it but it does the job

Attached: 1556635652117.jpg (3000x1280, 785K)

faggots

Attached: DCIM0512.jpg (1632x1224, 157K)

this is max comfy, boys

This rooms screams
>I'm a manchild with a minimum wage job and I spend all my money on vidya

based and thinkpad pilled

I haven't changed anything in three years.
It's debian cinnamon BTW

Attached: IMG_0074.jpg (7506x2360, 1.69M)

I work from home, this is what I see every day. I use a OS X tiling window manager and use 2 equal size windows on each monitor.

Attached: battlestation.jpg (1904x1428, 529K)

Attached: cringeBST.jpg (1027x931, 218K)

This is where work is done!

Attached: IMG_20190123_090320.jpg (4608x3456, 1.36M)

>Battlestation thread: Japanese Edition
Report in, weebs.

Attached: bst.webm (1920x1080, 1.77M)

this is how I imagine total psychos live like

>work
what do you do for work user?

5/7 max tryhard mode achieved, but very good aesthetics, efficient use of screen real estate and almost no bezels. you have a good taste, but somehow you use a white HDMI cable with a black adapter. I feel that has been overlooked. You also lack proper cable management. Apart from that very good.

I write React in TypeScript. I'm the frontend lead of a 20 employee start-up, 12 of which are techies, myself included.

Attached: bst.jpg (2560x1440, 1.23M)

You're the biggest faggot here.

Making me miss my HHKB
How do you find cinnamon? idk if I couldd ever handle a DE
Love the portrait monitors, good stuff. How do you find reaching the thumb keys on the ergodox?
Nice chocolate milk. i'm all out of milk..

Attached: Dl9Kd6I.jpg (2304x1536, 332K)

how do you like the CST?

Tired of systemd journaling eating all your RAM? Install Devuan.

Attached: 20190501_132322-1.jpg (2621x1908, 3.44M)

new track WIP

instaud.io/3CfQ

Also got a little screen below my monitor recently, didn't have room for a second one. But it isn't that bad, usually throw music players and podcasts down there while I'm working on shit or playing Project Gorgon.

amazon.com/Elecrow-800x480-Interface-Supports-Raspberry/dp/B013JECYF2/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=5 inch display&qid=1556731602&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Attached: 20190501_101840.jpg (4160x3120, 2.94M)

Attached: IMG_0489.jpg (4032x3024, 1.14M)

omg stop falling for the "lowcut everything under 200hz" meme. it's a cool track but the synths have no "body"

Issue with that is when I recorded automation for resonance it got pretty ear piercing. I like it subdued anyways, especially with that light distortion applied. I think I'll come back to it and add another giant pad to give it more body and highs.

your gremlin looks lovely

Thank you

I got khawai ass hands so its no problem. The top row of the keyboard is the hardest

Thanks for the good feedback. I'll try to wrangle my cable management and I'll trade a black adapter for a white one

tried to clean my drawer a bit and move my keyboard on top. Lost some space but it feels a bit cleaner

Attached: shittysetup2.png (1400x1050, 1.84M)

Just got finished putting this shitty battlestation together. Need tips on wtf to do to make it nicer. I hate that poster I have up but I'm too lazy to remove since I would have nothing on my walls then.

I have a TV to the left of this but I need to find a way to utilize it as it just sits and collects dust. Was thinking of hooking up to my pc to use for movies/shows.

10/10 Whole setup looks so comfy. Where did you get the posters or pictures you have on your wall?

7/10 Your keycaps look great, what are they?

9/10 Love that you tried to keep everything matching. Looks bland but I love it regardless.

Attached: set.jpg (2048x1644, 405K)

genuinely interested: are you the guy who lives there or are you just reposting the pic?

because I remember seeing this room like 5 years ago or something in one of these threads

No bully desu

Attached: IMG_20190501_201701805.jpg (4096x2304, 3.23M)

Show us your room.

Let's see what your room screams.

Attached: opinions.jpg (1024x819, 493K)

view from my bed
i've got a fold up chair but kneeling feels comfier and doesn't take up space

Attached: IMG_20190501_185734.jpg (4160x3120, 949K)

It's a great product. The switches, sensor and ball are really good. But it is rather tall which can be uncomfortable due to the sloped shape. I also didn't like the scrollwheel. I bought a dt225 instead but the seller scammed me, so the search continues.

Attached: bst.jpg (1200x900, 132K)

those tend to be pretty expensive right

please do humanity a favor by gassing yourself.

you will never be a realm women.

300-350 usd. I live in Norway, so long shipping times are to be expected, the seller further delayed the paypal warranty by pretending to send me another trackball since the other one got "lost in the mail". I guess he never sent them, and by the time I got tired of the excuses the warranty was gone. I'm currently considering a kensington expert, but it seems to have quite a bit of tilt. The scrollwheel looks nice tho.

I got an old kensington expert mouse 5.0, really smooth steel bearings, but I cant seem to rebind the top 2 buttons in windows since xmouse button control just sees them as a left and right click. Also the sensitivity is very low (its a serial trackball). Any ideas how to make it usable? Otherwise I just use a trackman marble, but Ive been looking into getting a CST.

also whats with the DT225 pricing? Why so expensive?

Hmm, I don't use windows so I can't say anything for sure. I have no idea on how to rebind things under windows. Increasing pointer speed or maybe adding some mouse acceleration might help. You might find some software aimed at quake/counter strike players that adds accel and changes pointer speed. But this is just a wild guess, they were made for a time with much lower resolution so you're kinda stuck with a low CPI. How are you liking the trackman marble btw? I think it looks decent, but I've heard alot of bad things about it.
Probably since it's industrial made, low quantity and aimed at a whole different market where cost doesn't really matter.

looks like a show case from ikea or something,
how uncomfortable is that chair?

Quake/CS player here. We basically all play 400-800 cpi with no accel. Lower sens makes it easier to aim precisely with surprisingly low muscle memory training required

Seek a physician immediately.

Attached: (24) g - Battlestations - Technology - 4chan - Mozilla Firefox_2.png (857x646, 719K)

Oh man, im loving the trackman marble, really great mouse for the price. My hands are on the larger side, but its still kinda comfortable to use, rebinding the buttons with xmouse works just fine (set one of the buttons to middle click so i can scroll just fine). The ball is pretty smooth too. If only it had a scroll wheel. Mine also seems to be of a later/earlier(?) revision since I dont have any issues with the ball popping out of its socket (its actually quite firmly in there).

Thanks, I like your one as well (even tho this monitor layout is kinda strange for me)
I was also wondering, how sturdy these ergodox feet are? How much they can keep their angle under pressure?
It was nice during winter, but now, where it's almost summer and the sky is clear, it's not that great, especially because my windows are west facing. If you're like me and prefer your monitors with 0-20% brightness, I can't recommend it
These are 3rd row SA PBT keycaps. I honestly bought this keyboard (vortex vibe) just for them

I hate computers.

Attached: EVERYTHING HAS GONE WRONG.jpg (2000x1333, 387K)

>Philippe Noyer
Nice.

what is happening here and why is any of it happening

Attached: grr.jpg (540x500, 69K)

I'm scared of everything in this picture.

How many times have you uploaded your shitty light-show setup?. Fuck outta here.

Attached: 1545367344565.jpg (335x378, 17K)

I hope you're a woman.

Iknow, i've played tournaments in Quake 2 ages ago(not that I won tho, hehe). What we were discussing here is increasing the speed of a trackball that has extremely low CPI inside the regular desktop. I remember that quake guys preferred to use 3rd party software for that instead of the built-in stuff since it's so shitty.
Very nice. Yea, I guess the eearlier ones were nicer.
Tervetuloa! since when did you move out of your basement, long time no see.

Attached: IMG_2779_sm.jpg (3000x2000, 472K)

I'm trying to get one out of a number of trashy old computers to run stable enough to run a 14 TB FreeNAS backup server. It turns out that trashy old computers are not very good for this.

Discoveries:
>FreeBSD hates broken GPT partition tables and will refuse to run.
>FreeBSD hates AMD and will refuse to run.
>FreeBSD hates Nvidia chipsets and will refuse to run.
>FreeBSD hates Microsoft keyboards and will refuse to run.
>FreeBSD hates bad RAM and will refuse to run.
>Testing whether ECC is enabled for your RAM is really difficult.
>Intel non-server chipsets do not allow you to run ECC RAM even though the CPU supports it. They'll just boot and ignore the ECC functionality.
>The Dell Poweredge T105 is a piece of trash if you want to run anything that isn't Windows
>Angle grinders make it easy to mount any number of hard drives in any case
>ZFS is INCREDIBLY resilient as long as you have good RAM

You should be.

Hello. Not too long ago, I'm slowly moving the workshop upstairs, nothing is finished yet.

Attached: poweredge_array.jpg (2000x1333, 327K)

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but that's a good looking drive cage. Hope they can keep cool.

Sadly, it does not matter since FreeBSD hates Nvidia chipsets and as such will not run on the machine.

Take a look at openmediavault. That should take care of your needs on a Debian base.

Thanks, but since I'm deploying 2 NAS units, the other one actually being a nice machine capable of supporting FreeNAS, I'm not going to start mixing and matching just to accommodate a 10-year-old, trash picked Dell as a back-up solution.

Just running a non-ECC desktop class system ends up being a neater solution, since it's not actually a huge deal if the back-up of the already redundant main NAS gets corrupted.

Attached: dem_satas.jpg (1000x1500, 265K)

Where's your silver fat PS2?

I got one of these
haven't put it in yet

Attached: 35-846-001-V11.jpg (1280x960, 113K)

dude... that's like.... gay gamer shit....

no

youtube.com/watch?v=HPqPCq5hNK8

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-01 19-08-00.png (1150x626, 657K)

How do you guys deal with having your PC's on your desk? I'm afraid I would knock it off which is why I set it on the floor.

if it's raised and not directly on the floor (assuming carpet) you're fine. realistically though, how hard are you swinging your arms to knock your tower so hard it topples over?

Hes not. I first posted that station as an OP for the (you)s after I found it on a DDLG subreddit.

Attached: 1555782903615.png (520x423, 233K)