*bricks youre device*

*bricks youre device*

Attached: lineage-OS-download.jpg (696x387, 18K)

Still better than feeding goygle and NSA with all your info.

>youre

works on my machine

should of bought a device that isn't maintained by complete retards

>Don't flash this if so and so
>Flashes it
>"wtf why doesn't it work"

what do you have to hide user?

If you brick your phone you have your low IQ to blame, not lineageOS

Nothing, but i don't have anything to give either.

*you're

>I didn't follow the instructions properly or do my research
I have 'bricked' my device dozens of time. One time twrp was asking encryption password that I didn't set. And then there was no keyboard to enter my encryption password the other time. Sometimes just bootloops. And every time the fault was mine.

op must be a pajeet

Everyone (including OP) knows this is the case

How well is los 9.0 performing on the galaxy s5? I have a 900F phone version which comes with unlocked bootloader.

Sucks for you OP, meanwhile I'm glad this exists because it runs perfectly on my device that would have been otherwise out of support for years already.
Either report your problems so there's a chance it gets fixed or stop using it and buy a new smartphone every so often.

How? You still have recovery.

your*
That mistake alone says a lot
> It's for those who can follow instructions
I'm sorry all of you who did OP, but it was your fault alone

>And every time the fault was mine
And I think I can confirm how.
>One time twrp was asking encryption password that I didn't set.
Your internal storage gets decrypted in most cases when you flash a custom ROM, but this can either be skipped (cancel or back option) in most cases. Or you should've just set the password depending on the model.
>And then there was no keyboard to enter my encryption password the other time.
You could've uninstalled the pre-installed AOSP keyboard which is required for entering among other things - encryption password.

my conversations, my family pics, my daily notes, etc.
there's no reason for anyone to have remote access to it.
I've never seen LOS brick a device. All my phones run LOS and never had an issue.

This

Use dot you faggot

>literally too retarded to follow instructions

THIS.
Still shity tutorials on how to flash it.

It's a million times better than touchwiz.

How do you brick an Android phone? It's literally impossible, just reboot to TWRP and flash something else.

>One time twrp was asking encryption password that I didn't set.
Need to wipe your data partition idiot

Honestly I use Lineage and I fucking hate it. It such a fucking piece of shit software. Random boot cycles, loosing data connection when browsing, bad performance, no built in store that is trustworthy. It's such a fucking drag.

But I honestly wouldn't know with what to replace it with. I also tried Sailfish and bought Sony XA2 for this, it's an absolute joke. Not usable at all. Maemo and even Meego, from years ago was so much better. Why is the cell phone market so fucking shit and has been since the beginning? Will there ever be any product we can trust and that just works? Still hoping from Librem 5, but from what I'm seeing the OS will be absolute trash and then we are back again at stupid fucking Lineage. Why god, why?

I've been using LOS since it was called CyanogenMod. Never had a single problem.
Just stick to Stable builds and ignore Nightly.

How do I get a stable build? How to I even install updates for it?

It's impossible to brick your device with LineageOS alone. The only way I can think is fucking with your bootloader, but that's way past installing a ROM.

Z2, Force reporting in. Stock is good enough these days.

Attached: Screenshot_20190501-093203.png (1440x2560, 147K)

>be PostmarketOS
>revive old device

Seems like the port for your particular device was shit. Not the fault of Lineage.

>Just stick to Stable builds and ignore Nightly.
No such thing.

newfags

um I did

Joke's on you, LOS is not even available for my device!

Attached: 1541009817914.png (853x570, 96K)

They all have some sort of proprietary blob, next

Um you probably did a wipe without wiping data/media, not an actual whole partition format sweaty

TWRP's keyboard is literally just a bitmap, you are full of shit.

My Nexus 4 bricked while updating LOS version. Can't access TWRP with any button combination. USB does not recognize the device. Charging works though, red light lights when plugged to a charger

Your phone most likely died, LineageOS updates don't touch the recovery, they just ask TWRP to install the ROM, nothing else. Can you even get to the fastboot mode? Because if not, it's definitely a hardware failure.

>buys a phone without fastboot access
blame is on you user

Dickpics

>phone without fastboot access
this isn't an actual thing, right?

The joke's actually on you for being retarded enough to purchase a non-supported device and then willingly using botnet manufacturer/carrier ROMs. Enjoy your Facebook SDKs integrated into system apps.

you're the one that bricked your device.

*newcomers

not a full brick but I wiped the EFS partition from a chinkphone by flashing the wrong custom ROM
a phone is kind of useless if you can't make calls or use LTE with it

just restore the EFS partition from the backup of all partitions that you made prior to flashing roms.

I tried it on multiple devices and always had problems with it. I'm still using it though, that says much about how desperate I truly am.

It is probably HW but maybe triggered by LOS

Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

I have flashed around 10 different phones and never has a single problem. Thry all still receive updates. LineageOS is best Android distro. LineageOS for microg + Magisk is best combo ever.

lineageos spies on you, it's better than google but use a foss rom

dont know if it can be completely disabled but plenty of manufactures break it beyond being usable.

How tho? By overheating your phone? That's the only way it can damage your hardware.

>We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

My intellectual property. You have no idea how valuable source code and data metrics are in the hands of these corporations.

It is like taking candy from a baby for them.

My "dangerous opinions".

Trust no one, not even yourself. Utilize plausible deniability and protect your right to free assembly.

>not resurrection remix
arey yaar ok sir namaste

Replicant is a dead project and its missing key functions on its flagship device

Attached: Screenshot_20190501-203338_Configura��es.png (1080x1920, 154K)

I've been flashing android phones for a long a time and it never happened to me once. How do you even brick a phone?

I've used it on 3 or 4 devices and loved it. Read the instructions.

it's more like
>janky bootloader unlock/root process developed by an illiterate pajeet that relies on a chinese discovered exploit because your phone manufacturer is full of kikes bricks your phone

Third world ROM for third worldiers

I don't install custom roms on Note devices due to the lack of support