Is everyone here using Linux because they have shit hardware?

Is everyone here using Linux because they have shit hardware?

>Shows DE
>2nd Gen Shintel i3
>Intel SD Graphics

What's going on. Is Linux for poor people?

Attached: nigg.jpg (385x321, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

itsfoss.com/linux-runs-top-supercomputers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have a nice, modern and fast gaymen PC and still run Linux, it's a much nicer OS

Attached: fe54a39f9cd285d57399ecb52bb44d441e4a3a94.jpg (690x810, 450K)

What Distro? I actually want to switch to Linux but i tried ubuntu and it sucks

Solus OS, there is literally no more polished distro around, I'd recommend the Budgie version for new users

Don't say Gentoo, i'm not gonna spend 1 hour installing linux.

Nah son, I gotta have better than average hardware to hit similar specs for muh gaymen.

no, im not a poorfar. to ask if someone uses linux based on their hardware is hilarious since that assumes windows would be the better choice if you had good hardware. you are a stupid nigger and i hope your life comes to a halt soon.

Nothing too fancy

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-01 14-18-54.png (465x323, 7K)

I mean I use Ubuntu and usually i3. My specs aren't great but I'm running a Ryzen 1700 and rtx 2080 and the normal other shit.

no, windows 10 was just infuriating enough to convince me to switch

Linux can turn your jurassic computer on a fast and responsible one, so you don't need to upgrade your hardware every year like a consumerist boomer onionboy. Besides earning enough to buy the latest rgb gayming hardware, my first gen i7 still fast and responsible for my use, so I prefer to save my precious shekels.

You might not be poor but you're still a massive faggot, kys.

suck my fat cock dumb nigger, I could gut you for speaking to me like that. go back to windows vista you fucking stone-aged faggot, and while you are at it how about you cut your overgrown toe-nails

fucking kill yourself cuck, I bet you have a micro penis, cum sucker

GNOME, MR ROBOT? HEHE

>Solus
>polished

Go on then user, what makes Solus anything but polished? And what's a good polished distro?

debian

i have 2 pc's. One is linux and the other is a windows gaming pc.

the linux pc is cobbled together with a phenom ii x4 945 and a gtx 750 i got for free from my brother.

Linux looks very interesting, even if some of the screen colours and menu options appear to be a little out of the ordinary. But you are missing a vital point, a point which takes some experience and depth of knowledge in the field of computers. You see, when a computer boots up, it needs to load various drivers and then load various services. This happens long before the operating system and other applications are available. Linux is a marvellous operating system in its own right, and even comes in several different flavours. However, as good as these flavours are, they first need Microsoft Windows to load the services prior to use. In Linux, the open office might be the default for editing your wordfiles, and you might prefer ubuntu brown over the grassy knoll of the windows desktop, but mark my words young man – without the windows drivers sitting below the visible surface, allowing the linus to talk to the hardware, it is without worth. And so, by choosing your linux as an alternative to windows on the desktop, you still need a windows licence to run this operating system through the windows drivers to talk to the hardware. Linux is only a code, it cannot perform the low level function. My point being, young man, that unless you intend to pirate and steal the Windows drivers and services, how is using the linux going to save money ? Well ? It seems that no linux fan can ever provide a straight answer to that question ! May as well just stay legal, run the Windows drivers, and run Office on the desktop instead of the linus.

Less bloat means you don't need to have a number cruncher to run it. It is also really nice to run in VM for a tons of various things. Especially when I can put a divide up CPU cores across several at once. Hardware gateway firewalls are perfect for nix shit. You can also have more system resources dedicated to running programs instead of the OS.

>i tried ubuntu and it sucks

There's a few of those. Which one did you try exactly? Was it with a DE?

i run gnu/linux on my laptop where i actually give a fuck about privacy and for performance heavy and work related shit i have a desktop where i run windows 7

Oh shit, shows how much of a windlet i am, well it was he one i got from their website, version 18 something LTS?

A few more-or-less minor gripes that show up fairly quickly
>Installer doesn't have built-in custom partitioning tools, requires a restart to detect external changes
>installs system by copying files over instead of bootstrapping via package manager
>graphical glitches during bootup
>default theme is inconsistent
>installs and starts SPICE agent per default, but it doesn't work
>lock session, click switch user
>back at DM, asks for password
>enter password to log back in, be greeted by locked session
>eopkg is slow and doesn't do parallel downloads
>Software Center is a broken mess
>getenforce: command not found
>systemctl status after first bootup, State: degraded
>Budgie half-assedly integrates about 60% of GNOME's utilities and services
>spawns 6 gettys with no autodealloc
>create new user, set password to "set at next login"
>cannot log in with the new user
>shut down system, are you sure? no prompt about other people being logged in simultaneously
>graphical glitches during shutdown
These were the ones I was quick to discover, Solus sure is better than Ubuntu carrying all of Debian's legacy garbage, but it's still not exactly polished.
>What's a good polished distro?
Fedora Silverblue 30

Stale, obvious and overblown. Are you even trying shit dick?

Then the one that probably uses GNOME/Unity as the Desktop Environment. Perhaps try KDE Plasma/KDE? Ubuntu is basically just for normies who want a DE windows/macOS-like experience. Ubuntu 19.x is pretty good for that aspect. If you expect something else then get another distro entirely.

Linux looks very interesting, even if some of the screen colours and menu options appear to be a little out of the ordinary. But you are missing a vital point, a point which takes some experience and depth of knowledge in the field of computers. You see, when a computer boots up, it needs to load various drivers and then load various services. This happens long before the operating system and other applications are available. Linux is a marvellous operating system in its own right, and even comes in several different flavours. However, as good as these flavours are, they first need Microsoft Windows to load the services prior to use. In Linux, the open office might be the default for editing your wordfiles, and you might prefer ubuntu brown over the grassy knoll of the windows desktop, but mark my words young man – without the windows drivers sitting below the visible surface, allowing the linus to talk to the hardware, it is without worth. And so, by choosing your linux as an alternative to windows on the desktop, you still need a windows licence to run this operating system through the windows drivers to talk to the hardware. Linux is only a code, it cannot perform the low level function. My point being, young man, that unless you intend to pirate and steal the Windows drivers and services, how is using the linux going to save money ? Well ? It seems that no linux fan can ever provide a straight answer to that question ! May as well just stay legal, run the Windows drivers, and run Office on the desktop instead of the linus.

OP here, how do you feel about Manjaro/ArchLinux, i like how similar to windows KDE looks, i don't care if you guys hate that but the faster i can go from one to another the better for me.

What's the alternative to a normie DE then? Do everything in console?

Every last one of the top 500 supercomputers in the world run GNU/Linux. itsfoss.com/linux-runs-top-supercomputers/

Your post is bad and you should feel bad.

Attached: powned.png (702x1510, 527K)

Thats becasue they didnt have enough money to put a few extra cores to put windows in them dumbass

Consider looking at it the other way around: Linux can make do with less and thus the hardware isn't made obsolete by software "upgrades" like on Windows. There is a lack of need to upgrade, not a lack of money for a mandatory upgrade.
Arch has the most stable KDE implementation from my experience, but a lot of people enjoy Suse better. Arch is fine, but higher maintenance than the more popular stuff. KDE and the other more customizable DE look however you want them to look.

Can confirm, I am new to linux and I used kubuntu. It’s normie enough for me to function while I learn about the basics of linux. It made my computer run like brand new though so I definitely see the merit of running linux even if you don’t want to get super in depth.

great pasta

Attached: 2019-05-01_16-25.png (1164x595, 153K)

If you don't play PC Games nor do cutting edge development work, why would you need the latest hardware?

Winfag here with shit hardware, fuck Linux

Attached: lel.png (1024x768, 177K)

I mean, what do you need high-end hardware for? I'm just writing my university work, making databases, storing files and media, browsing the internet, writing small scripts and the occasional program, maintaining other systems, making music, and other basic computing. If I was running large simulations, rendering a lot of 3D models, or video editing, then I would understand the need for hardware more recent than 2012, but for most people it just isn't the case.

If you ran Linux you wouldn't feel the need to be a consumerist whore because it runs just fine on old hardware

BASED

What if i do more than program discord bots?

(not him) like what?

Thats why windows is better.

i cannot stand using a poorfag operating system.

linux just smells of peasant. its disgusting.

As opposed to what, non-removable Intel ME? UEFI botnet? Hardware DRM integrated into your CPU? Newer hardware sucks. I don't want to pay for nor have DRM "trusted virtualization environment" in my CPU like with newer Intel chipsets (Skylake and greater).

Attached: X220-22.jpg (800x574, 168K)