Emp protection, post-collapse media consumption

This isn't a joke thread. There are two tiers of preparedness that concern me:
1. Can you realistically take precautions to protect your hard drives and computer AND have a permanent power source to run your monitor and pc for consuming your media?
2. Can these precautions be met cheap? It seems like the preparedness can go on indefinitely (pc parts breaking down being just one example). I'm permanently unemployed and often homeless and any money I do get goes towards more hard drives for archiving my media, it's hard to justify anything else since an internet or copyright crackdown is much more likely than societal collapse.

Attached: high-altitude-emp-detonation[1].png (1280x960, 51K)

I'm thinking a tv that plays media files is probably a safer bet than saving a computer. You won't be able to play games but it's far less likely to break down within ten years.

EMP hardening is bullshit. In order to get an EMP large enough to fuck up your electronics the distance from the blast and the amount of radiation you personally would receive would wreck your ass. Your electronics will be the least of your worries. The distance shown in that image is way to far away to cause damage to modern electronics. Well, maybe shit plastic smart phones would be affected since they are shit int he first place, but a desktop PC won't have a problem.

i live in the woods user
currently writing this message from tent
been doing it for past 5 years

love not paying rent.

Attached: 1556724000619-1562604529.jpg (2560x1440, 958K)

How do you live? When I read innawoods posts I always assume it's a rich hobbyist posting because I'm too dumb to figure out how I'd get from A to B. How do you get internet, satellite or phone? Either way it seems like it would cost money. There's always someone you need to pay.

user i just post up on the brink of a suburb and use my phone. frankly havibg no internet is fine too because then i just work or get up and head somewhere

>. Can you realistically take precautions to protect your hard drives and computer AND have a permanent power source to run your monitor and pc for consuming your media?
> Can these precautions be met cheap? It seems like the preparedness can go on indefinitely (pc parts breaking down being just one example). I'm permanently unemployed and often homeless and any money I do get goes towards more hard drives for archiving my media, it's hard to justify anything else since an internet or copyright crackdown is much more likely than societal collapse.
Yes.
line room with aluminum foil and plug the aluminum foil into a ground hole on an electrical socket.

Continual electricity?
going to need a gasoline electric generator

Attached: Untitled.png (1247x733, 623K)

your homeless af
go away hobo you smell like shit

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 307K)

Attached: 1544398301544.jpg (846x1024, 59K)

Serious question. How do you keep your hard drives when you're homeless?

I have 18 hard drives in my mom's house, most of them 4TB Seagate. But yeah I do get paranoid keeping a laptop and hard drive with me everywhere I go. It depends where I am. Currently I'm staying at an emergency center and it's stressful but at least this one has wifi and they let me use my computer. I was staying in accommodation at a B&B before Christmas which was less stressful, but they rotate who gets accommodation because the state isn't willing to pay for all homeless people. As an aside, all "refugees" by default get permanent accommodation at B&Bs and hostels (families even get a free house alone) whereas native homeless people it's luck of the draw - families are more likely to get accommodated in hostels than me which is obviously fine, but some fucking brown skin person says he's a refugee and automatically gets housing, free meals AND is entitled to job seeker's allowance even though everyone knows they're not looking for work (I am seeking a job and even I'm not able to get that, over the last four years I've received jobseekers allowance for maybe a total of six months because they're so reluctant to give out free money).

Must be so nice living in the first world.
Anyway, didn't expect a homeless person to be a racist. Oh well.
If you're looking for work, why did you say you're permanently unemployed?

I live in a house with aluminum siding. Can I just ground the siding to protect against emp?

>If you're looking for work, why did you say you're permanently unemployed?
is this part of the bait or do you genuinely not believe that unemployed people exist?

Attached: jojug.png (699x57, 10K)

I don't think you know what the word permanent means.
I'm unemployed, btw. But in the third world. All those cool things you're complaining about don't even exist here.

>Modern consumer TV
>Even lasting 10 years especially with a likely unstable and dirty power supply post apocalypse

You seemingly have a chip on your shoulder and are reading your own jealousy into my posts. The worst I said about emergency centers was "it's stressful".
I'm hope you're unemployed in a shithole you faggot. A whiny little confrontational bitch like you deserves to be in pain, this post genuinely made me happy thinking that you might be suffering. Although I highly doubt it's that bad since you're wasting time looking for an argument on Jow Forums.

The danger isn't that it directly fries everything in your house, the danger is that it induces surges in the grid and then the grid itself proceeds to fuck everything's shit
>EMP energizes all of the substations, power lines and Telecom wires
>Surges reach your house and fry Everything plugged into power or cable

You seem mad. Why are you mad, user?

>emp protection
>playing media files
This is a joke thread, and just reading it confirms YOU yourself are incapable of doing it.
Fuck off

You have no idea how a modern emp attack would be orchestrated, pro tip: we wouldn't even notice the 'blast'.
Literally pick up a fucking book

wouldnt a 'farady cage' be all you need?
just wrap your shit in screen door fabric.
should be < $20

Window mesh is plastic you mong. It needs to be aluminum copper or brass

>no u
cringe and bluepilled

Because you had an advantage from the start shit head yet you refused to use it and got into drugs/laziness

There's gonna be a massive solar flare in the next years and we are not prepared.

Billions will die.

That's not how entitlements work.

That prevention aspect was built into the systems long long ago, just for lightning strikes. You may even have one. They are called a, "UPS."

Fear mongering.

Sauce?

what about a solar flare or whatever?

faraday cage.
laptops are fucked but servers and metal PC cases should be good enough to shield against strong EMPs.

Mad as fuck. Cry more bitch

That's how inheritance works. That faggot (you probably) literally keeps hard drives at his mom's house, fucking lol.
"""homeless"""

>must consume next product even in the event of total collapse
Literal platonic bugmanchild.

Hah wite pepi en dey tech dun gon be distruc niggah. May the god ra ev no mercy on dem

Attached: ozone_thinnest_over_countries_with_large_caucasian_populations-master-edit.png (750x752, 917K)

>don't have home
>moved around constantly between homeless shelters and temporary accommodation
>literally registered as homeless
>DUDE YOUR MOM STILL KEEPS YOUR ALBUM COLLECTION LMAO

>I'm permanently unemployed and often homeless
What the fuck, sort your life out first before you worry about EMPs.

Ever look at the sun, idiot?

No, I’d go blind.

>sort your life out so you can get one of my adjustable rate mortgages
No thanks my DARE officer taught me about the dangers of peer pressure. I'm going to just be myself.

Attached: cqc2q5smb4921.png (1200x800, 523K)

Not everyone has a ups. The most protection most people have are 10+ year old power strips. Still doesnt matter what protection substations and generators may have, if the lines on your street and green box in front of your house gets spiked then you'd better fuckin hope your breakers are up to the task

The Gwyn fight was a lot more intense than I remember

I plan to become a peasant and pledge myself to the local warlord.