Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: orange.jpg (1200x1128, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

privacytools.io/
jscreenfix.com/fix.html
youtu.be/tZAVG5K-8aM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for based shotaposter

In addendum to this, I want to fuck them while sniffing their socks

How do I make sure the NSA or other agencies aren't collecting my data?

privacytools.io/

Download CP, if you get v& you're being watched

Is there a pack of icons like this? I've been using this as my Firefox logo for a while now and it's beautiful

Attached: firefux-transparent.png (1174x1074, 734K)

Should I include simple class projects in my resume? They include a pig latin translator and a payroll bonus calculator.

Anyone know where to get the CompTIA A+ Core 1 and 2 study books? Fuck paying for that shit, especially since they chop it up and sell it twice.

I tested the time taken for a simple fizzbuzz for 10000000 numbers in both C++ and JavaScript (run with Node).
C++ maintained a consistent speed throughout the whole loop, while JavaScript got significantly slower 75% of the way through. Why is that? I wasn't appending to an array, so no value should be increasing in size and eating resources.

As someone who was molested by an archbishop in my early teens I'd just like to say that I hope you all burn in the deepest pit of hell and that you all die a slow painful death from aids.

did it feel good tho?

Cry harder faggot
Not my fault society kept telling you you were weak and taken advantage of and you believed it - I guess they were right about the first part though

On a european electrical outlet, is it possible to determine which hole is the phase and which is the neutral ?

If I stick a single voltmetre probe in the phase, would it show a tension ?
I tried with a phone charger, and it wouldn't show a tension unless I put the other probe on the neutral, however it's continuous current so it might be different.
I'm a bit scared of trying with a live 230V outlet and finding out myself.

If you're fresh out of school, yes, that's a lot easier to talk about during the interview than the lessons themselves.
Otherwise, save the space to tell more about your previous job.

Do they always have to be on a GitHub or can I just attach them as files?

Are there any lightweight spotify players, that don't have 10gb+ appdata folders?

I wouldn't expect the interviewer to be very interested in the code itself, so it's fine even if it's not on github.
It's just a topic that let's you explain how good a developer you are during the interview.
What were the difficulties, how you overcame then, how you organised the development and so on.

It would probably be weird to attach the files to the CV.

I'm still using an iPhone 3G S, and looking at maybe getting a 4S. Will it be a worthwhile jump in performance? Is whatever version of iOS the 4S runs still supported by stuff?

Can I use a system image backup to transfer Windows 7 from a MBR sata ssd to a GPT nvme ssd? Or at least the same sata ssd after reformatting it for GPT?

Do you really need a W7 GPT install? why not just W10 LTSB or LTSC?

Every 5 or so hours I hear a very brief noise from my HDD that sounds like basic access noises.
The thing is, all that's on there are videos and pictures and it happens even when the drive is not in use for hours.
I haven't been able to actually catch the noise with resourse monitor up yet. Any idea what it could be?

Ok faggots my Matlab license is expiring soon and I want to go open source now. I've looked up a bit and I found that python is the thing for scientific computations.
Anyone here familiar with python can link me a book or a tutorial series for scientific computing (plots, numerical calculations, etc) with python 3? I found a book for python 2 only.

Gooks scanning your data, obviously.

sort of what I'm afraid of but have not downloaded anything new or remotely dodgy on this install
I do have an emulator on there and my own guess is some auto update check

What is the holder called that plugs into a wall socket and light bulbs fit into? I've heard someone call pic related a "lamp" and I can't find the correct term - holder? Socket? Base? This is retardedly difficult.

Attached: file.png (300x282, 29K)

Could quite literally be anything. The OS might even just be accessing the file system briefly.

Someone suggested that I use Linux Live to create a USB bootable installation of Ubuntu to examine a damaged HDD and salvage some files from it. Since the OS is on the USB stick, can I use the remaining space on that USB stick? In Ubuntu, the USB stick is named "Repair Disc Wind", and it only has the 4gb that I allocated for the Ubuntu install. Do I need to create a partition of the remaining space?

last time i used hdds in my pc was almost a decade ago but now i have a few in it and the automatic power setting for it is that it stops after 20 minutes if not used.
should i just disable this feature? waking up a hdd 20 times a day sounds worse than just letting it idle all day

>phone cannot receive texts now for some reason
>can send texts fine, as well as use data
>can receive texts by putting the sim card into my older phone
Help me, Jow Forums

Once booted from the usb, you should be able to access it from linux and write files to it, yes. If there is non partitioned space left, you should be able to partition it and create a separate file system there. But you could also use the same partition that you booted from.

can someone tell me how fast charge works with phones

Controller in SoC detects charger, asks if charger supports 12-20v.
If yes then draw 12-35W based in what it supports based in the battery used, if not keep drawing 5-10W.

if i connect an old SATA HDD in my new pc to recover some old files, what are the chances i could infect the new PC if i have no idea if the old HDD is infected?
Would simply browsing the old HDD and open a few files in it(mostly images and audio files) potentially infect my new PC?

0 unless you run them.
Just copy/paste from Linux (If you ask why from Linux and not Windows its because windows has this retarded thing called file ownership that wont let you copy/paste them or open important stuff like your user folder where your files are and Linux ignores this) and once you are done run Malwarebytes in the folder you copied the files to.

>0 unless you run them.
Yeah ?
It's possible to be infected just by plugging a usb stick, does the equivalent not exist with a hdd ?

Is this true?

Attached: Capture+_2019-05-01-15-54-28.png (1176x509, 122K)

so copy paste in linux, then malwarebytes in windows?
what about opening images from the old HDD before i copy them? you know, to see what they are before copying them

also this, whenever i plugged an infected USB, any antivirus or windows firewall went batshit crazy, and in that case no file was open.
usually antivirus and other defenders detect files even by just opening the folder the infected file is in.
is all of this any different with HDD?

>It's possible to be infected just by plugging a usb stick
Its not possible since XP stopped being a thing.
The way you get infected from USBs is because you intentionally load a script opening files.
The infection involves windows wscript running a infected file in order to create a task, download a file, run the payload and spread the infection from there.
Since vista is a thing Autoruns doesn't run on its own anymore, this is why when you plug something it asks you to what you would like to do.

And yes it exists but you wont get it the way you are thinking.

Pretty much.
>what about opening images from the old HDD before i copy them? you know, to see what they are before copying them
You could open them from Linux, but honestly 95% of your files will be in your user folder(C:/Users) so you should copy that and then delete as you find stuff you don't need.

>Since vista is a thing Autoruns doesn't run on its own anymore, this is why when you plug something it asks you to what you would like to do.
then why i had to format a USB stick(using linux) i had because when i plugged it in my W10 pc windows defender warned the shit out of me?
>inb4 false positive etc
the USB was indeed full of crap after my sister used it to go print a document in some shady chink service store

>95% of your files will be in your user folder(C:/Users)
yeah no, they're in a separate partition (D:/) and subfolders i created back then to keep stuff not on C

>then why i had to format a USB stick(using linux) i had because when i plugged it in my W10 pc windows defender warned the shit out of me?
Long story short if a computer is infected (in this case your sister computer) it will copy malware to the USB.
The common malware will just modify the USB files and keep the legit files hidden, example it will take all folders/files and hide them to show shortcuts that will trigger the infection and run the original and the path will look like this.

Should you worry? nah.
Is it easy to fix? the USB? yes, seconds.
The malware? depends but Malwarebytes+Microsoft Autorun fix this in minutes.

Attached: usb_ren.jpg (428x291, 35K)

my question was why was windows defender triggered in the first place if autorun doesnt run on it's own anymore since vista? shouldnt it trigger only when i opened the USB or one of the files inside?

I'm completely ignorant about these things, but it does sound weird when i know i got my old W7 pc infected more than once via USB due to autorun shit(even with the settings set to "ask")

What defender found could be anything but you cant get malware from just inserting a USB.

I just changed my ram and used one stick of my 8gb ram with my old 2 gb one. It boot up but, now it's stuck on this Automatic repair screen.

Everything except the 100% accurate part is more or less true. CPUs have traditionally had a much higher standards for functional correctness than GPUs, but they're not infallible. Whether anyone wants Intel's genderqueer VPU is also an open question.

If I have a struct, say struct THING and it contains a struct THINGY, if I malloc for THING, it should give me the space for THING and THINGY right?

If I free THING, it should also free THINGY?

one malloc = one free.

how do i get rid of this, its on almost every youtube video

when i click it takes me to scriptsourceapp portal page so i assume its some kind of malware

Attached: file.png (291x115, 3K)

What the hell?
Try disabling some extensions, there's been cases of them injecting adware.

Lets say its malware, run adwcleaner.
Lets say its not, use uBlock origin and block/remove element.

I figured it out, it was in some userscript I installed ages ago I just never noticed it until now.

Uninstalled the scripts and its gone

Is there any simple way to transfer files, say an ePub, from an iPhone to a Linux computer? The computer does not have Bluetooth. Or WiFi for that matter.

>change SDDM in manjaro KDE
>reboot
>laptop either hangs at OEM splash screen or gives me an error message about SDDM not being able to start
is it time to format again?

SDDM theme*

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyone know thy Firefox Nightly always seems to lose the previous session now
Started some months ago, tried reinstalling and installing regular Firefox which didn't help, thought maybe there was something left behind after uninstall which messed up some settings and just dealt with it never remembering my tabs and shit
Just reformatted my computer and it still does it on a completely fresh install

What’s the best cheap SSD? Around $30 with at least ~256Gb (or 240 or whatever).

ADATA SU800.
You can go cheaper but you don't wanna go cheaper unless its for a laptop or a casual use desktop (Crucial BX500, WD Green, SU650)

Cool thanks. It’s for an old laptop I want to keep alive for at least another couple years.

Most cheap SSDs are the same(Same controller, different NAND example BX500 and SU650 use the same NAND, Sandisk SSD Plus and WD Green use the same controller and NAND, etc), just avoid Kingston and PNY, they are so bad the Chinese options(Kingdian and Mushkin) are actually a better option.

Is there any universal power supply with a built in sim card? I want it to text me on power loss

Is it possible for installing a monitor's drivers to fix a stuck pixel? I just got a new monitor and I'm saddled with this shit already. I really don't want to go through the song and dance of an RMA, not to mention being without a monitor until I get a good one.

Attached: stuck pixel.png (925x556, 1.26M)

jscreenfix.com/fix.html

No, that is a hardware failure, not a software failure.

Is there a better torrent manager than Deluge?

I want some way to like archive torrent/magnet links instead of pausing them and having a giant list of torrent files.

not necessarily, as it's not a dead pixel (black), it's stuck rather than dead so there's a possibly to un stick it afaik.

Is there any way I can get a notepad / sticky note widget on the Android lockscreen without using notifications?
I'm looking for something like this but for Android: youtu.be/tZAVG5K-8aM

qbittorent?

Running this now, but I've tried this tool in the past and I've had no success whatsoever. From what I've read, magenta means a dead green subpixel and I'm just up shit creek. But I'll keep running this for the next half hour or so. Any other suggestions in the meantime?

Is building a robot with arduino hard?

how do i keep this dumb thread from getting pinned along with other things because you added every general to the op but without filtering it entirely?

Why are there still no HP/Dell/Lenovo Threadripper workstations?

On an unrelated note, when do we Kristallnacth Intel HQ?

Is there any convenient way of recording sound 24/7?
Maybe some way using a phone that stores the recordings automatically, perhaps to my Google Drive or Dropbox?
Anyone do something like this on here?

Attached: hidden_mic.jpg (1300x866, 105K)

Why did Massdrop just rebrand as "Drop"? How much did they pay for Drop.com? I dont understand how losing your recognition is a good thing.

It's illegal to record people without their permission user

Not where I'm from it isn't.

Does anyone have that old pic of Wojack crying about his overpriced VR headset?

Attached: 1548975828525.png (850x1258, 519K)

To be clear, I want to record my own activity, to have an alibi ready for all situations. That doesn't fall under surveillance.

What is a good place to host sourcecode as standard unix tarballs? Something that is not github nor sourceforge?

What do i need to do in order for the router to automatically asign an IP addres to the computers in the LAN 192.168.0.0/24 ? until now i have to set them manually with the gateway and everything.

Attached: 55555555555555.jpg (335x366, 12K)

I looked up and these arrows represent compression of files and a bunch of my files and folders have them. Probably due to having 42 GB free on a 256GB SSD laptop or something. Is the solution to this to free up space?

Attached: file.png (152x208, 9K)

nvm i did it

Attached: 71230151_p3.png (525x875, 221K)

I think that's still illegally recording someone user

based and tripspilled
Because brands love chickenshit minimalism

I've got a bunch of chapters of a book all in separate word documents. What's the best way to merge them together into a single epub? So far have two ways of doing it

>1: Import .docx files into calibre individually, convert individually into epub, use epubmerge plugin to merge into a single epub, go fix the table of contents in generated epub cause the names are probably all fucky
>2: Merge docx files in Word using insert text from file function, import into calibre merged document, convert

While 2 seems less "messy" it also has the downside that it doesn't give you a table of contents by default while 1 gives you the table of contents nice and clean and you just have to edit the epub after and do some quick find/replace to get rid of all the "by Windows User" crap afterward. Both seem kind of kludgy though is there a "right" way to do this? Obviously I've already got my epub in good readable format so it doesn't really matter that much but curious for next time I run into a similar problem.

Alright faggots. I need to reinstall Solaris 10 on bare metal right now. I have ISO images for it but no DVDs to burn. This can't wait and because of company policy I have to order shit though a company catalog or some gay shit like that. Is there a virtual machine that will let me boot the Solaris x86 ISO files and then install to a physical disk? I have a fuckton of x86 machines, hard drives, and they have Windows 10, CentOS 7, and Ubuntu 18 on them. How the fuck do I do this?

Attached: get-your-customers-attention-with-marketing-material.jpg (400x424, 31K)

Assuming it's anything like Linux, you should be able to flash the ISO file to a USB stick and it'll just werk.

Already tried. I'm about to say fuck it and run to walmart.

>Is there a virtual machine that will let me boot the Solaris x86 ISO files and then install to a physical disk?
Yeah, add a physical disk to your VM. All the popular ones I'm aware of have this.

Didn't know they could do this. I thought they had to use a virtual disk. I'll start googling shit. Thanks.

I have an i3 8100, 4c4t 3.6ghz, question is will it last me a while for gaming?

If not, is the i7 8700 a good upgrade?

If thingy isn't a pointer pretty sure malloc and free Just Works, eg. You only have to free thing.

does software that uses keys for activation can be "pre-activated"? sometimes i see some cracked software that advertise itself as "pre-activated" even though they use keys for activation

Will an Asus Maximus X Hero be enough for an overclocked 9700K?

How do you actually program? Like yeah I can open a text editor and start clickclacking away at my keyboard but once I'm done what do I do? How do you run a program you've just spent the last few hours typing up?
And since I know some of you are going to think this, no I am not baiting, I'm 100% serious. I'm just extremely stupid, hence asking in this thread and not /dpt/.

Honestly, it depends.
At a very high level, for compiled languages, you write for a while, save the file, compile the file, fix anything the compiler complains about, then run it under a debugger to see if it does what you intended. For interpreted languages you skip the compilation step before fixing complaints, then testing.
The details are very much language and programming environment dependent.

It depends on the language and environment you want to run the program in. Just search "how to program in on " and someone will walk you through whatever magical incantations you need to know.

Next dumb question:
What exactly is an IDE and do I need one or can I just manage everything through vim and a g++?
Should've mentioned I wanna learn C++

I cant connect my Benq xl2430t to any laptop i own for some reason. I read that its something to do with the refresh rate limitations of laptops since my monitor is set to 144hz
I used an hdmi-to-dvi-d cable both times (fliped it aswell) and it windows detects a monitor but then nothing happens

Go practice with C and Python for a couple years first.