WHERE THE HELL DID ALL THE 10 INCH LAPTOPS GO?

Whatever happened to laptops like pic related?
It seems like the only small laptops you can find now are either shitty Chromebooks or windows tablets

Attached: sony_vaio_w_1.jpg (579x443, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.jp/dp/B0755DD13V/ref=sspa_dk_detail_16?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B0755DD13V
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they were killed off by tablets

get with the times grandpa

There is no market for compact laptops after the advent of the iPad.

Attached: Lets Note CF-RZ4.jpg (750x500, 55K)

tablets killed off like 60% of the laptop market because 60% of laptop buyers don't need a laptop.

that's not like apple style hand waving, i mean every single college girl i know does not need a laptop. they use it to browse facebook and to write essays. they legitimately are going to be happy using an ipad

before 2010 it was actually fucking terrible trying to tell these people which laptop to buy because they wanted the cheapest possible laptop and got some HP piece of shit that they couldn't maintain themselves

now that theres less buyers everything is thin and overpriced, but at least its not slow

based nips

Attached: 1535327268337.png (1000x1230, 733K)

I miss those things
Best cheap servers ever

Can it run loonix?

12 inch is small enough for portability but large enough to be usable. It's the sweet spot for small laptops.

It's a standard x86 IBM-compatible computer, not ARM shit android or locked down fruit trash. So yes.

lol if you dont own a small collection of netbooks

12" is best for a daily use laptop but it's still nice to have a 10" model for when you want something smaller. At least I've found it to be nice.

sorry wrong board

Attached: 2ce.jpg (640x898, 85K)

Thanks user.
Anyone know where I can buy one?

They're only in Japan, you have to either buy one there or go through an importer

That means they probably also have a Japanese keyboard layout

Well, duh

Attached: Panasonic Lets Note CF-RZ4.jpg (4912x3264, 2.75M)

10 inch is too small for anything.
11.6 is too small too
13 is OK
14 is better
15 is too big

also likely has moonrunes in the BIOS with no english option.

I only agree with you on 15"

14" seems like the ideal size to replace my ageing MacBook Air (such bezels).

Hm... Needs to be checked

Attached: 2013-04-29-13.05.04.jpg (1024x768, 170K)

10" is slightly too small for a comfortable keyboard unless you have hueg bezels, and provides very little weight advantage over 12-13".

My 10" netbook's almost half the weight of my 12" laptop

>10" is slightly too small for a comfortable keyboard
really 15" is the smallest possibly laptop that's comfortable to type on

Anything between 12" and 14" is fine for a laptop. My old one was 14" and my current one is 12", it's Thinkpad X230.

>physical wifi on off slider
>physical power on off slider
>battery hotswap
jizzed my pants but holy shit, $3k for that.....too much

12" edge-to-edge keyboards are perfect

Attached: pbg4.png (1440x900, 736K)

>15" is the smallest possibly laptop that's comfortable to type on
The problem with 15" laptops is that they often try to jam in the numpad there as well, which makes your wrists rest asymmetrically on the device. Numpad on a laptop is like a fish driving a car, it's not right.

Chromebook -> remote desktop just werks for me...

>that obnoxious Fn key where ctrl should be
>Fx and esc keys jammed down against the rest of the board, and undersized
>arrow keys also undersized
>pgup/dn, home/end, ins/del just lopped off and stuffed onto those undersized arrow keys
this is a crappy keyboard by means of being too small even before we get to issues of key travel.

No, I agree, 15" is only large enough if the board is tenkeyless. If you really want a numpad it has to be separated from the rest of the board and that puts you into 17" territory.

>that obnoxious Fn key where ctrl should be
On OS X Cmd is Ctrl for the most part, and if you haven't rebound Ctrl to Caps anyway that's your own fault.
>Fx and esc keys jammed down against the rest of the board, and undersized
Never had an issue with it
>arrow keys also undersized
See above
>pgup/dn, home/end, ins/del just lopped off and stuffed onto those undersized arrow keys
How often are you using those keys and arrow keys simultaneously?
>key travel
That is the best laptop keyboard I've ever used, bar none.

Into the trash where they belong

Recently got this for 60$,
imho the best 11" ever made, LCD is a bit crappy but still good for 11", battery life is amazing, 9hrs.

Attached: ktQTB.jpg (2500x1667, 251K)

I think numpads should always be separate, like fully separate devices next to the laptop. People who crunch so much numbers that they can't use the top row for it should have a decent numpad anyway. Get some cool mechanical numpad that can be adjusted to any angle or depth you want on the desk. If you don't have a desk and do it on your lap then... I'll just feel sorry for you.

this. 16:9 laptops were a mistake

Carrying a 16:9 laptop is like carrying a 2x4 compared to a 4:3 laptop, I hate it

You sound like mi ex.

>tablets
you mean big smartphones

get with the times grandpa

using thinkpad x270
it's a 12.5"

Big smartphones killed tablets, tablets killed netbooks.

get it right, kid

Jesus christ, where has this been all my life?

anything less than 15" is small. Do you have girl hands?

I WANT IT I NEED IT TO MAKE ME FEEL HEATED

>15 is too big
WHEN
WILL
THEY
LEARN

10" is peak comfy, dumb zoomer.

What about the GPD pocket? :^)

Attached: gpd_pocket.jpg (1600x1066, 243K)

/csg/ is that way >>
12" is maximum portability without sacrificing comfort

This. It's super small for portability and still has a full keyboard that can be touch typed and not thumb typed. Once you try it there's no going back.

amazon.co.jp/dp/B0755DD13V/ref=sspa_dk_detail_16?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B0755DD13V

Why let the numpad trigger you? I use my notebook as a 1440 by 1080 display with an extra screen and a numberpad to the right.

Attached: image_2019-05-01_14-58.jpg (2960x1216, 136K)

Attached: 1475219624986.gif (270x180, 1.27M)

surface pro?

what's that

A 12" Vaio.

Attached: 1552269081601.png (533x316, 32K)

oh, and what os are you running in it?

Those are like 12"

looks like generic chink shit instead of something akin to the Lets Move models.

why not just get a mouse with a keypad? problem solved

Attached: 26-153-065-06.jpg (640x480, 18K)

Are you a fucking midget? Who wants to use that cramped ass keyboard and tiny fucking screen?

just buy an ipad with a $400 keyboard attachment

It’s why I love my Thinkpad X61.

>intel
Gno

>to write essays
I definitely need a physical keyboard when writing essays or it'd drive me crazy.

If it's mid 2012 or later, why would you change it?
t. mid 2012 MacBook Air still running smoothly after 7 years

Bluetooth keyboard

Then you have a fucking heavy 12" laptop, because the lightest 10" netbooks I remember were like 2.5 lbs.

Oh yeah, it's a little under 4lbs iirc

Meanwhile LG Gram 15 is 2.4 lbs with a 15" screen.

Meanwhile I like my laptop more

we´re talking about notebooks, no?

GPD Pocket Max is coming up, might be a 10" device.

It's only $1889 for the 8/256.

You can get last gen surface clones at near cost new on ebay. GPD pocket is overpriced.

>Pocket
>10"

Uhhhh
I guess they know their audience

Fuck tablets.
Try to write more than a tweet on them you fag.

WHAT'S GOING ON? WHERE'S IT AT?

Writing text on a tiny keyboard isn't much better. I have 9" and 10.1" netbooks and only the latter's keyboard is sort of usable, but that one has screen bezels so wide that today you could easily fit an 11" screen in there.

11.6 inch is the new 10.1 inch.
I have an 11.6 inch netbook and it works pretty well, the flash is very slow though.

Replaced by 13" high-end laptops that have such slim bezels that they fit into bags designed for 11" ones, see XPS 13.

Tablets replaced them.
Hell, you can get tablets nowadays a-la surface pro that have keyboards attached to them for when you need to write an especially long facebook post.

this. its as close to the perfect smol laptop we have now

man i miss my powerbook.

The XPS fries it's mobo in 6 months, no ventillation, overheating due to coping with speed standards set by Apple.
Protip: it's partly the badly designed hardware but mostly due to Winbloat fucking up everything.

If you want a cheap Linux-based on then there is the 11,6" Pinebook.
Its arm based though but only cost 99USD

Attached: Pinebook_11.6inch.jpg (600x600, 31K)

>enter/return
>delete
wtf is wrong with macfags

Surface and Surface clones

Attached: f3372822352.jpg (499x497, 54K)

Do people even realize, Apple had their layout before PC layouts even became standard? It's not different, it's just it's own thing.

Get a Chromebook, it's not like you'd be able to do much more than you could 10 years ago with a Netbook.

Its a Macbook Air A1465, 11"
I use MacOS Mojave, i use this laptop just to study around uni and do some light matlab, no point of going into autism waters and installing some Jow Forums shit just to ruin battery life and embaras myself when shit crashes in critial moments. I use T420 for autism os. Also having a real MS Office around uni is pretty usefull. I can't imagine having to explain myself for not delivering some report e.g. because my gnumeric crashes when loading .xlsx. Really its a nice and usefull laptop. There is no 11" replacement in windows department equivalent to this.

>there's no *microsoft* windows laptop equivalent which runs *microsoft* office as well as my sataniabook
no

Attached: 1539791563878.jpg (1241x1009, 241K)

Why don't you learn how to search instead of being incapable?

How did you get it for $60?

>source: my ass

This
Given that many Chromebooks can now run linux software out of the box (not to mentioned android apps) or be entirely flashed to linux, they make a lot more sense than some crappy W10 celeron creaking under the strain of microsoft bloat

>$2k-$3.4k
Damn... how's the build quality on Panasonic's stuff?

I have one of these and it was a bit of a mixed bag. It's cool that you can power it off a USB solar panel, it gets about 6 hours or battery life, it's really light and it's a hundred fucking dollars. And it, of course, runs NetBSD. But it's also extremely underpowered, very limiting in general. You would, in some ways, be better off with an X61.

Pinebook Pro

>microsoft would make their own programs work better on mac, instead of their own operating system

unironically pretty good