Never buy HP

Never buy HP.

Attached: hp_.png (647x141, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_EliteBook#Fourth_generation
support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-13-a000-x360-Convertible-PC/6936239/model/7241884
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Never buy American desu

True OP, true.

HP is the only time I've seen a piece of hardware kill other hardware reliably. In my old job we had a bunch of user returns of a laptop. Turns out the model would kill HDD's. So it'd go back to the store, they'd put another drive in it to try and fix it and sell it as refurb and it'd kill 'em. Eventually it'd be sent to my team and we got the chance to see it in action as it killed every single HDD inserted into it.
They may be a different company, they may sell even a keyboard but I'll always think back to that shit laptop that killed countless HDD's. HP can go suck a big fat dick, they'd probably like that.

True dat. Never!

Exactly, like who the fuck gives hp to chess pieces?

true

HP business line is the only HP you should buy.
Saw an issue with that with the zbook line and NVMe SSD. Put in a 2.5 SSD of same brand (sandisk) and everything worked perfect. Funny part was the warranty people just sent me replacement NVMe drives, never asking for old to be returned, never questioning how I did the troubleshooting, basically they knew about the issue and sent out newer sandisk NVMe. I now have 12 256GB brand new sitting in a drawer at home.

I think it may had something to do with forced shutdowns or hibernation. Not 100% sure but I dont trust those things in laptops with a short battery life.

Every HP product I have ever used or owned has spent more time malfunctioning or just straight-up dead/broken than functioning perfectly. And HP customer service representatives will blatantly tell you to your face that they don't care.
OP is right. Never buy HP.

one of the best keyboards of all time
prove me wrong

Attached: 81l90xQnSgL.jpg (2560x1377, 267K)

what is it?

Brand is almost irrelevant. Consumer shit is always garbage, no exceptions. Some of it is slightly less garbage than the rest, but it's all disposable and it all sucks shit. Business hardware kinda depends on what you spend, but for the most part is decent. But seriously, don't buy consumer shit. You will always regret it. Pavilion, Inspiron, anything Acer, ASUS, MSI, Spectre, Yoga, Ideashit, all of it is trash.

basic bitch tier rubber dome shipped with a bunch of HP machines in the early '10s. He meant to post this one.

Attached: 81UlOqaStpL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x546, 128K)

sister gave me a pavilion g7 I've been using daily for years.. had to replace the cooling fan once...

>need to find drivers to HP product
>try to navigate their god awful product pages
>find driver
>it's a bloated 300MB driver which constantly times out when downloading because HP can't spent a single cent on their servers

Although Acer, ASUS and MSI have the same shite style of websites, at least they're not dial-up tier slow like HPs.

oh my god user you just triggered so many horrible flashbacks to one of the worst jobs I ever had

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

My gubment job had one of these by default, had to put in a request to IT to get it changed.

This is bullshit. I've owned Acer, ASUS, Dell, and HP laptops and MSI motherboards and all of their sites have the same problem. It's called rate limiting, because they can't let one asshole with a gigabit downlink rape their upload speeds even if it is just for a minute or two because they have to serve the whole planet, retard.

>Tfw fell for the gayming laptop meme and bought an HP omen

how much do you get paid chinky?

THEN FUCKING DO SOMETHING WITH IT. IT'S A MASSIVE FUCKING ISSUE WHEN YOUR SHITTY FUCKING SERVERS CAN'T EVEN SERVE A STABLE 5KB/S DOWNLOAD WITHOUT LITERALLY SHITTING ITSELF.

FUCK YOU.

Neither of these change the fact that that is objectively one of the best OEM keyboards out there and a high quality rubber dome keyboard. Doesn't exactly compete with a $200 mechanical keyboard, but it's still decent. This and the Dell keyboard everyone has seen at least a million times are the only other decent OEM keyboards I've ever dealt with.

Attached: HP-QY776AAABA.jpg (2400x1800, 190K)

I have the wireless version at work. It's lit senpai

Attached: c4r9jk3d26a21.png (434x426, 17K)

actually get psychological help and come back here when you turn 18

Anyone who has tried to use HP's website would require psychological help, you fuckwit.

imagine being this emotional about a website you visit once every two years

Attached: 1553817206302.jpg (800x600, 36K)

Stop defending shitty practices by shitty companies, faggot.

just making fun of you for being a whiny beta bitch lmao

Literally no reason to buy overpriced American Pre-built shitters when Samsung, Acer, Asus & Lenovo exists

Compaq*

HP died 18 years ago when they stopped actually engineering their own products. Everything before then kicked ass unless you really scraped the bottom of the barrel.

Attached: xu6.jpg (2789x2866, 2.36M)

Redpill me on why I shouldn't buy an EliteBook 830 for my next laptop.

2006 called, they want their statements back

>rate limiting individual connections on a site that receives literally millions of unique visitors a day
>"shitty practices"
Ask me how I know you're a brainlet.

Before HP bought Compaq, Compaq made decent business machines. Then HP bought them and started branding consumer bullshit with the name and ruined it forever.

It's not a cool Jow Forums fashion accessory you can take artsy pictures of and post in general threads for attention like a ThinkPad.

Again, they need to update their infrastructure. Use AWS, Azure, etc. It's pathetic.

>use HP laptop at work
>hate it
>receive email that I'm eligible for an upgrade
>not an HP
Best news I've heard all week

I got a ps/2 and an usb model and the usb one is acceptable but the ps/2 model is just the mushiest fucking thing I've ever laid my hands on.

Nope! Almost all of that came from Compaq who, by the way, was pretty much the king of "consumer bullshit" prior to the merger. The Presario, Evo and iPAQ lines all had HP logos and brands slapped on them (or not in many cases) and pretty much completely replaced HP's indigenously engineered consumer systems, likewise for the servers, workstations and "decent business machines." All Compaq. Everything you hate about 2000s era HP, like shitty laptop cooling systems, garbage cases and Dell-tier gimped boards? All Compaq. Five thousand fucking models of the same system individually customized for the specific needs of each aisle of every Best Buy and Wal-Mart in rural Nebraska? Compaq. Shit aesthetics? Compaq.

HP did their share of stupid shit after the founders retired, but ultimately Compaq is the root of all evil, don't even bother (You)ing me otherwise, just crack one of those motherfuckers open and look at all of the cancer the merger inflicted on what used to be one of the greatest technology companies on Earth.

Attached: c3000.png (1700x1128, 709K)

all of those computers including the hp are chinese made

HP's (now HPE) entire ProLiant line of servers comes straight from Compaq. Presario, iPAQ, Evo? Those are all consumer shit. Like I've been saying, consumer shit is always garbage.

Yep, as does HP's entire post-2001/2002 lineup of business PCs.
>Presario, iPAQ, Evo? Those are all consumer shit.
Indeed. And they all came from the technical blight also known as Compaq.

>HP business line is the only HP you should buy.
>complains about the zBook line
What do you mean by this? Unless you mean HPE for the former which excludes ZBooks and Elitebooks

>Samsung
Ok Moon Jae-in

>Be Dad.
>Buy 17-year-old daughter an HP laptop for 300 rectangles.
>Nine years later, the laptop still works.

>Buy Dell Laptop.
>One short year later it becomes an ex-laptop.

I like my Elitebook.

Eh? HP alongside with Dell are the only manufacturers I actually like downloading drivers for. Easy to find specific as HP has a unique 5-6 digit code for every model and Dell does something similar with service tags.
>slow downloads
Yeah I've noticed it sometimes but I just do something else in the meantime.

Acer's pretty good too actually. ASUS, MSI and Toshiba can all go suck a fat donkey dick, ASUS especially.

The 2nd/3rd Gen design is absolutely godlike.
>pic related, own one of these and a 2170p

Attached: 0000170_hp-elitebook-8570p-15.jpg (1980x1374, 149K)

Found an elitebook in a garbage can, replaced the screen, sold it for 500$
Disassembled many dv6s completely to clean their heaksink.
Had a compaq with faulty gpu solder that i had to turn on and wrap in a blanket for 10 minutes to get it to show an image on the screen.

I have an 8770w. Last of the 4th gen. It's a fucking brick, but it works really well. Love how easy it is to access the internals for upgrading.

Attached: HP_Elitebook_8770w.png (1024x882, 947K)

Both elitebook models you listed are 4th generation.

Are you kidding? All Elitebooks I've owned have lasted 7-10 years. That's insane longevity for a laptop.

Sorry, wasn't sure, was just going by the Intel Core generation there. I knew the EliteBooks have their own generations but not 100% clued up on them.

is this the thinkpad killer?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_EliteBook#Fourth_generation

Didn't know you meant intel gen. But yeah, 5th gen (the current gen) looks overpriced for what they are.

I have an HP Stream 11 that I got on some ridiculous sale and runs Linux Mint flawlessly.

HP is also the gold standard of printers.

Couldn't say. When buying my first business laptop, I preferred the metal of the elitebook. But yeah, to access a lot of important shit, it's as easy as removing a battery on most laptops. No screws necessary. Just move one of the tabs, and the entire bottom just slides out.

Attached: 8770w bottom.jpg (1600x1200, 401K)

Yeah, the fifth gen are harder to get a good deal on, and usually not worth the price increment unless you absolutely need Haswell/lighter builds. I would definitely pick up a 9480m though if the price was right, those Folios are fantastic too.

I prefer my laptops to have a numberpad, so the entire new gen is a swing and a miss for me. That said, I know for a fact that the 8770w can fit an i7-3940XM in the socket, which is still an impressive CPU by today's standards. Might have to mess around with the VRM, though. I plan to try eventually, but I'm also extremely lazy, and my 3630QM serves me just fine for now.

I'm not saying you don't have valid issues with whatever hp thing.
My last laptop was hp, current laptop is hp, tablet is hp, one external hard drive is hp, external floppy (bought used) is hp, external dvdrw is hp, and I have one unused blank dvdr that is hp.
Only one failure, my first laptops hard drive failed after alot of years of use, about 6 years I think.
I bought the lower mid-range both times so maybe your buying gamer or inexpensive or unlucky or buying used.

Non of that's true besides bloated AF website but its not slow and the drivers aren't huge. I have this support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-13-a000-x360-Convertible-PC/6936239/model/7241884 bookmarked because its my laptop.

i bought a hp pavillion.
all of my regrets.
gonna get chinknovo dinkbad next time.

HP is shit, HPE is god.

BEHOLD

Attached: dell-l100.jpg (1794x690, 436K)

apart from cheap plastics i have no complaints about my hp laptop. been running it daily for 4 years now.

My Pavilion n268sa had the worst cooling I've ever encountered on a laptop. It was one of those dual graphics models that everyone was hyped about for around a week and the whole left side got hot enough to burn your leg. Ended up getting a ThinkPad L412 at a price where it was acceptable after that, followed by a T430. Last consumer laptop I will ever own.

Attached: 1447657795075.jpg (240x208, 58K)

HP business lines are good
HP consumer lines are junk but so are the consumer lines of literally any other pc manufacturer

worked for hp, then delivery (hpe, dxc)
yes, fuck all 3 companies, dont buy from them

Don't forget compaq laptops. There's a reason why HP ditched all of their old laptop "knowledge", HP laptops were godawful.

No, the case is much more fragile

>HP business lines are good
HPEs website is fucking evil, their support is shit, and when we decommission our last HP server I'll take a poop in it before we send it back to the lease company, lest they ruin some other poor cunts day with it.

No.

Stop posting my keyboard