Ay Jow Forumsuys I need some help...

Ay Jow Forumsuys I need some help. So I’m tryna build a pc from some old hp pre build I bought off my friend sometime ago and I’m just trying to switch the gpu from some really really shit card to just a shit card, but when I put it in and turn it on no display comes up. Can anyone help?

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCYA6My2EfwYkxhSY2WlOJPw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ya the problem is that it's not in the trash where it belongs.

Figured

fpbp godspeed dubs

Did you connect your monitor to your mobo instead of your gpu?
Also, test your gpu on another pc and verify that it works.

Attached: 1556733929858.jpg (200x313, 13K)

Yea so tried using the vga port cause the motherboard doesn’t even have a HDMI but that didn’t work so I just tossed the shit graphics card into my real pc and it worked fine so idk wtfs going on

boot into the os with onboard graphics and delete the old video drivers. make sure the card isnt using too much power too.

What's the power situation? Does the new 660 Ti require the same amount of power connectors as your old one? Are they all securely hooked up? Any chance you know the wattage on that PSU?

When you're putting it in, make sure that it really is all the way in. Push firmly! Also, are you plugging in the display cable into the new graphics card? Generally you should never plug the display cable into the motherboard.

Seeing as your PC has a slanted CPU I'm guessing that your PC might actually be too old to support this card. You could try it out on another motherboard, if at all possible, to test out the card.

Make sure the GPU is:
-in the motherboard properly
-powered/PSU cable is plugged in!
-display cable is connected to GPU and display

Attached: 5b0158a3-ac47-45e0-900f-76fec0237888.jpg (657x527, 32K)

Hrm, if OP pic is his setup there is a simple reason for the problem.
"GeForce GTX 660 Ti - On your average system the card requires you to have a 450~500 Watt power supply unit. GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI - On your average system the cards require you to have a 700 Watt power supply unit as minimum."
While you may have the power connection an HP standard PSU is usually 300-350 watts at best. The best current CPU for that PC without an upgrade is NVidia 1050 ti. The power supply is proprietary meaning you just cant buy a ATX power supply and replace it.

Attached: When posting goes too far.jpg (720x540, 39K)

GPU not CPU. Been a long day.

The old graphics card was just a mobo plug in without any connectors

It says it’s a 460w at max

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.24M)

Yea I made sure I was using the HDMI on the gpu rather than the mobo but when that didn’t work I tried the mobo diva plug and a display still didn’t appear

>youtube.com/channel/UCYA6My2EfwYkxhSY2WlOJPw
the new GPU requires a power supply with ausuillary PCI-E power jacks, go to Best Buy and just buy whatever Dynex PSU they have that'll do 450 watts.

I’ve also got a 650w power supply that just sitting around and I’m going to buy a case to make a build in so maybe I’ll try just taking the motherboard out and build it up around that power supply and see what happens

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.7M)

The EVGA 660 TI has 2 6 pin connectors. Your pic only shows 1. We are not getting all the information.

Attached: EVGA 660ti.png (702x536, 252K)

For fuck sake read the thread. I pointed out this is not a PC you can just toss a ATX power supply into.

Attached: 1549844576937.gif (264x320, 929K)

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.21M)

Ay my bad I missed that

Only reason I can think of is your card not getting the power required at bootup. The BIOS should auto detect the PCIE as primary. Try resetting the bios when booting with onboard graphics. Friend may have fucked with some shit, going to factory default may be what is needed.

Attached: 1548124388911.png (648x685, 550K)

Imma need some help getting through this bios cause idk how to do what you said to do

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.42M)

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.49M)

hey guys look the display works, thread over

Nah that’s cause I threw the really old shitty card back in so I could actually see the bios

Killing my neck man. If it says reset anywhere. Say OK, Save and exit.

you don't want to go to boot manager, you want BIOS. you should be able to hit F8/12 or something before that appears

It says f10 was the bios and that’s the menu I was on before in those pics

some prebuilts limit the power through the pcie ports so you can't upgrade the gpus in them

GPU needs a bios update. It isn't compatible with your UEFI motherboard.

You should have got one of these bad boys.

Attached: 1540800299797.jpg (1296x972, 440K)

kneegrow

hp consumer products have shitty bios updates.
perhaps throw it in the garbage