Gf tells me she wants a macbook for college

>gf tells me she wants a macbook for college
>I know that's the worst thing to buy but I'm fairly inexperienced with laptops

what should she buy

Attached: 597149b259a3c07230b0de50-large.jpg (600x600, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-i3-8130U-Memory-E5-576-392H/dp/B079TGL2BZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get any shit laptop, install gentoo

Some new thinkpads look and feel pretty nice. I would recommend an XPS but it is out of your budget.

Tell her to get Jamal to steal one for her, problem solved

Give her a macbook, shithead.

Tell her she can but whatever she wants with rightfully hers hard earned money.

>what should she buy
Is her money? Whatever she wants

It's her parent's money, graduation gift. I guess a macbook may be okay for her since she isn't going to use Linux, and use laptop mainly for college notes etc. I just didn't know if there's a great cheap Windows preinstalled laptop yall know of

a macbook is overpriced but its literally fine for a college laptop. it will do everything a student needs.

she cares more about what it looks like anyways. stop pushing your priorities onto other people.

If it's just for note taking and the regular shit, get her a new gen iPad Pro. That shit is great for note taking and other normie tasks.

the latest thinkpad T

Acer E5-576

amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-i3-8130U-Memory-E5-576-392H/dp/B079TGL2BZ

>under 800
>lasts 6 years
thinkpad or pen&pad

macbooks dont even last 2 years

ThinkPad T460, lelnovo hasn't really taken thinkpads in a better direction in terms of repairability and durability but since 12 year old IBM ones are still whirring on strong, the new ones should last for 6 years at the very least.

get her anything other than a macbook and she'll only suck black cocks afterwards

This

>I guess a macbook may be okay for her since she isn't going to use Linux, and use laptop mainly for college notes etc.
Honestly, regardless of your feelings on MacOS (which for all intents and purposes, would be perfectly suitable and perhaps even preferable for her), you shouldn't buy her a Macbook. The build quality is trash despite "feeling premium", and Apple's repair policies are even more trash and will cost you a ton of fucking money down the road. Newer Thinkpads are pretty good. You could look into Matebooks if you're after the Macbook aesthetic. The Dell XPS is good too.

If she's deadset on a Macbook, though, then just get it. Some people (women especially) really value the brand association. A Chinkpad/Chinkbook would just be an insult, even if it is technically superior.

Attached: 1504214316998.jpg (750x584, 65K)

KEK, I have friends whose Macs are from 2011.

Back to your shitting street Rakesh.

Attached: 1544654735460.png (753x1492, 296K)

Tell her fucking daddy to buy it you cuck.
You paying her room and board too while you gets dicked down by SigEps (Cramming for a test)

Attached: watch_it.jpg (768x433, 41K)

Tell her to get a payment plan from the apple store on a new macbook pro since you've failed to hook your gf on ubuntu. Oh and enjoy the inevitable tears as her bank account becomes depleted from the mandatiory paid storage space for her nudes.

Yes, this. In all seriousness, don't force a niche trend on someone who will not benefit from it.

Was this supposed to prove a point?

For college note taking consider ipad with stylus.
Heard some good things about it from people going through college atm.

Back to your shitting street Rakesh.

Attached: 1545929387479.png (1536x2048, 256K)

> last 6 years
Good luck getting it to last even 2.

Pretty much any laptop with
A) user replaceable battery
B) user replaceable SSD
C) user replaceable RAM

Attached: 1529962680485.jpg (2000x1333, 455K)

Apple doesn't have budget/shit tier laptops for sale. HP has laptops from $300-3000, what's apples excuse?

All Apple's laptops are budget/shit tier, they just charge premium prices for them. :^)

Attached: 1553613067046.png (887x438, 161K)

I promised myself I'd get a surface pro instead of a cintiq once I make its price in commission artwork. Still suck at drawing, but didn't spend any money at least lol.

Can confirm the new iPad pro is great.

Why do you keep replying to yourself street shitter?

Attached: 1537951533475.jpg (907x1242, 266K)

Same one of my mates has one and the lecturer has one

They dont make em like that anymore though i dont think