On desktop

>on desktop
>test out microphone
>record something
>lots of fucking noise/hissing
>unplug microphone
>pic related, still lots of noise/hissing without any microphone plugged in
HOW THE FUCK DO I GET RID OF THIS SHIT?

Attached: 1546777327246.png (237x354, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_2011/P9X79_WS/
vocaroo.com/i/s1taCsCO5u1D
vocaroo.com/i/s1Syz6ydEzLv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wheres it plugged in? front panel 3.5?

directly into my soundcard (via 3.5mm plug)

hissing is usually a symptom of an improper ground, what kinda soundcard? external or internal?

and as I said, the noise and hissing is present even when no mic is plugged in

I can read, what kindve sound card. internal, built into your mobo, or external?

internal, Asus Xonar DX

is it next to your GPU?

yes

try moving it away if possible and see if it gives you less noise. you might not be able to eliminate it all but it might help

is there anything else I can do? this faggot soundcard doesn't even have any shielding, all the components are exposed.

cant you fucking google? i found that answer on reddit

google xonar emi shield

>instructions on how to make mustard gas
no thanks

god damn summers starting early.

>summer
>reference to Jow Forums's oldest meme
I was just joking, newfriend. calm down.

>Jow Forums's oldest meme
wot

we got him boys

this is painful to look at

Buy a decent interface or use an external interface next time. Also don't use Voicemeeter, the engine occasionally shits itself and introduces a fuckload of xruns. If you don't want to buy a new interface just use virtual noise noise suppression/repellent.

2009 meme isn't the oldest meme on Jow Forums you fucking idiots

By not being retarded. The xonar works fine as long as it's setup fine.

Read the fucking manual you dumb cunt.

what a load of shit. name 1 thing that could introduce noise into the mic input without a mic being plugged in that could be attributed to the user or not "reading the manual".

made an EMI shield, and put the soundcard into a slot away from GPU. no noticable change. must be something else.

this is without any mic plugged in.

Attached: 1533152008462.jpg (555x880, 104K)

What MOBO are you using?

Asus P9X79 WS
asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_2011/P9X79_WS/

Do you have another rig you can throw it into to see if the noise is eliminated? If not, likely an issue with the card itself and you can probably get it replaced.

MOTHERFUCKIN SNAKES ON THIS MOTHERFUCKIN PC

>, likely an issue with the card itself and you can probably get it replaced
It's not an issue with the card, he's just retarded.
>spoonfeeding on the not your tech support board
c'mon user.

>making claim
>baseless
either say what you claim to know, or stop pretending to know shit.
>inb4 earth
>inb4 all the basic shit
I've tried it all.

Remove Voicemeter and see if there is any difference.

Also,
>internal sound card in 2019

>internal sound card in 2019
Not surprising, if you consider the state of inteltard with their 16x pci lanes.

>>internal sound card in 2019
>use my mixer
>everything is quiet as fuck using desktop recording
>Have to plug it into another interface using it's line out or line in
>plug it into the shit motherboard audio or a $5 USB soundcard
Or be real big brain, and plug it into the line in of a decent soundcard.
I get that the gays who use HDMI and DisplayPort may have made people think that using those is acceptable, or just buy a DAC bro but soundcards still have their uses.

the problem is with and without voicemeter (which I instantly uninstalled as it's useless for me)

is there a way to guarantee zero noise? external solution is fine if it's fucking guaranteed to be noise free no matter the shitty power conditions.

Protip: You don't use microphone, since it's boosted. It will disappear when you plug in a mic it can drive. If it's making the same "internal noise" with something plugged in then you're using the card wrong.

the noise is there with and without microphone
>hur dur using it wrong
how the fuck can you introduce hardware noise into the card?

>is there a way to guarantee zero noise?
Guarantee? Nope. It's between luck, grounding and cleaning everything as much as you can. Some houses have it real bad for everything. If you have bad issues with noise then go from two clean power sources, drive whatever it is you need amplified and plug it into the line in of the other device.

Computer audio isn't fun.

Attached: image0 (3).jpg (750x741, 92K)

>Or be real big brain, and plug it into the line in of a decent external soundcard.

Just a question, OP.
How are you checking for the noise on the mic input?

so if you don't know shit, fuck off and be a useless weeb elsewhere.

yeah it may be that the power here is filthy. grounding hasn't helped either. Are there no external solutions that have some internal battery to act as buffer to provide clean power? or do I need to invest in expensive UPS' for everything?

Adobe Audition mostly, but it's present no matter how I check for it.

Okay so you're recording from the mic input and actually viewing the noise in the waveform. That's good, if you were just listening to the output then there could be other places for the noise to come in.

yeah I just unplug the mic and press record and see this:

>Are there no external solutions that have some internal battery to act as buffer to provide clean power?
Not that I'm aware of, You might need to just suck it up and use the clean input that the card provides. The one that doesn't require an amplifier. Your card is split unlike the other "higher end" xonar cards where these share the same port. Sometimes the cleanest way is just to clean both sources and have the amplifier and soundcard run separately.

That's how it is for me. The mic amplifier on the microphone part is noisy (by my standards) but a lot of that can be changed by reducing levels and mic boost in windows. Mic boost especially introduces noise even when nothing is plugged in.

>the clean input that the card provides.
what do you mean? there is no clean input? I'm not using any amplifier, there's a 3.5mm mic going straight to the mic input slot of the soundcard.
>Your card is split unlike the other "higher end" xonar cards where these share the same port. Sometimes the cleanest way is just to clean both sources and have the amplifier and soundcard run separately.
not sure what you mean here. my setup: mic --> soundcard in PC.
>Mic boost especially introduces noise even when nothing is plugged in.
is that just windows' shitty implementation of mic boost or is that just the way mic boost works?

>is that just windows' shitty implementation of mic boost or is that just the way mic boost works?
It's not a Windows implementation. That's ASUS' magic at work and it's intended for poor people.
>clean input
It's literally your line in, If you can't get the microphone amplifier to be clean without reducing both the gain and disabling mic boost then your option is to use the line in. It's as clean as you'll get. If you're already using the line in then tough. Otherwise you'll have to do what a lot of people with bad power do and use another amp/mixer.

These cards legitimately are good cards if you know why you need one and how to use it. The way the mic/line in works is basic compared to forcing their digital audio outs to work.

Attached: Imagineusingthemanualfortheproductyoubought.png (475x666, 34K)

vocaroo.com/i/s1taCsCO5u1D
vocaroo.com/i/s1Syz6ydEzLv
tfw you're not retarded

Attached: 1555621355625.jpg (891x1090, 288K)

getting nothing on the line-in. maybe the issue is just a low signal from the mic, any mic pre-amps you recommend?

Fix your shit.

Attached: shit.png (2500x889, 48K)

gross

Yup, it is what it is but it's what the cards provide. That's the price you get for using the mic input on a card though.

This. I used Voicemeeter extensively when I had a USB mic, and it would work fine the most time, but would sometimes completely shut the bed. Even an occasional blue screen.

Never seen the need for it any more since I bought a Yamaha AG03

Zero noise is impossible even in perfect conditions. Completely silent rooms have negative db for that reason. There is always noise in the real world.

For home setups, a high pass filter might help the OP. If the noise is consistent, it can easily be filtered out.

This is inherent with internal soundcards. It's interference.
That's the reason why you buy an external soundcard.