I've given up on Windows. What's a good linux distro not maintained by a bunch of trannies? Help me out Jow Forums

I've given up on Windows. What's a good linux distro not maintained by a bunch of trannies? Help me out Jow Forums

Attached: Saya_Infobox.jpg (493x598, 104K)

install gentoo

Install Windows 7 and don't fall for the memes.

None of them, the whole kernel is compromised
There's no escape

>Linux
>Not maintained by trannies
Pick one

Is it really that bad? I figured linux would filter most people like that out

>uses anime girl picture
>against trannies
wait aren't you a tranny op?

kde neon is really nice btw

Attached: qqwc5wF.png (1830x2125, 1.47M)

Install OpenBSD.

Do you use OpenBSD? What do you like about it?

Antergos with KDE

is this a turd on the left?

Install Solus OS, the Dev team is small enough and there isn't as much upstream with it, so therefore less shit

Install Deepin OS or Fedora with Deepin Desktop Enviroment.

Attached: serveimage(2).jpg (1920x1080, 275K)

every time i see a file manager on linux i get reminded how even last night i have nothing but fucking issues with them
why is copying/moving files with *any* GUI on linux always so fickle

ooo I actually kinda like how that looks user.

because the people who develop the guis don't use them

>install Ubuntu
>actually learn it
>install arch based when you feel like an Ubuntu normie
>install pure arch when you're tired of being bullied by arch users

>to reiterate, actually learn it. there's not point in using Linux if you're not going to *use* it

use windows you insecure weeb

Definitely not, the tech industry is plagued by PCess in every area, look up the creator of libreboot

>op is sick of windows
>has decided to switch
>has decided to switch to linux
>asks which distro to try first, has decided to switch from windows to Linux because doesn't like windows anymore

>"just use windows"
Fucking retard

>Caring more about some dev larping as a girl (male) than the quality of the product
You should probably just stick to Windows, OP.

>muh trannies
You're too dumb for GNU/Linux.
Keep playing vidyers on your NSA box.

>What's a good linux distro not maintained by a bunch of trannies?
Who gives a shit who it's maintained by as long as it's maintained competently? In that case don't choose Manjaro, but choose virtually anything but with KDE.

/thread

>The sounds of soiboiness announce the coming of the Tranny Defense Corps

Attached: 1551685137062.jpg (320x240, 10K)

>theyre wrong im right

Attached: brainletract.png (581x525, 55K)

Install OpenBSD

Great. Tell us why anyone should care if maintainers of a particular distro/software are trans or not?

>"Because I don't use products of the only other humans I could convince myself to be superior to."

Fedora IBM/systemd

>dodging the question and talking about irrelevant bullshit no one asked for
Great reasoning.

y don't you wanna suck the tranny pp?

I hear they are good communist programmers

A team of developers that include any kind of loud and annoying minority (meaning every one of them except for east asians) is much more likely to devolve into authoritarianism, identity politics and therefore to put politics before the quality of the product. Using a product is supporting the developers, and I don't want to support commie, subversive trash that hates most of their userbase as it makes them more likely to sell their customers out and it gives the devs unearned political power.

>other humans
REDDIT BEGONE

Attached: SRhKUF1.jpg (600x315, 39K)

Fedora KDE is pretty comfy, so is Pop!_OS.

What's your use case? Do you mind having a non-windows-like desktop layout or does it have to emulate Windows to a degree?

fedora is what you are looking for op, get dash to dock or dash to panel if you want to fix the single problem with gnome which is switching and launching apps

Because whoever is making the flie managers is copying explorer.exe instead of norton commander. Use mc or doublecmd instead.

unironically gentoo
trannies would 45% themselves by the time compiling finishes so its safe

Is Gentoo an okay distro to use for your first linux laptop? I'm a macfag that has been managing linux (debian) servers for a few years now.

gentoo is a retarded meme, just stick to debian

Sticking to debian is not a real option though, I like living with old yet stable software on my server, but I'd prefer to use more up to date versions on a laptop that I'd mainly use for development.

> inb4 arch

Install Gentoo

>I'd prefer to use more up to date versions on a laptop that I'd mainly use for development.
fedora it is then

I have some time before I need to switch laptops (macbook is provided by my job), so I'll give both a try in a VM.
Thanks user.

Then build or download binaries for the few things you need to be up to date.

OP here. This is the real reason. I don't care if you take a dick up the ass

I don't mind. It can be completely different for all I care. Nothing is impossible to figure out

this is your brain on ideology

If you are willing to put in the elbow grease, slackware. Very stable and you actually learn how to use linux.

the problem with linux is that you have a gorillion different flavors and compared to some flagship product like windows EVERY distro has some major critical flaw. it also doesnt help that the community is full of people with this weird obsession about distros. every other week you get another stinky flavor-of-the-month garbage getting advertised as THE linux distro. that being said, the microsoft equivalent in terms of stability, userbase, documentation, compatibility etc is ubuntu, especially ubuntu 18.04 LTS. this only becomes a issue if you, as said before, delve into the madness that are linux nerds.

The higher the complexity the higher the autism of its core audience.

Ubuntu, unironically

Found the trannies

i would recommend arch, if you really want to get your hands dirty. and if you want to dig yourself into a grave then install gentoo

deepin is legit Chinese spyware

This is the most retarded shit i have ever read.

At this point I'm tied between arch and fedora. Arch seems like it would be a fun project. Do you know of any reading material that could help me fully understand linux?

The Arch wiki is a blessing by itself, the best way to learn is really just to try it out, and thoroughly read the wiki every time you get stuck, you should start by checking out the install guide on the Arch wiki

if you need to find a manual or help about anything linux related check the Arch wiki first, it's really useful.
I recommend you use the AUR (Arch User Repository, it's a application hub) aswell more information about it is on the arch wiki.
I myself use the program 'yay' to install AUR packages.

not him but i just did and what a fucking nightmare

This guy has the best answer. As a Linux nub there so many answers to every problem out there. You can not go wrong with it.

unironically this
/thread

>asks which distro is not maintained by a bunch of trannies

OP is a disgusting fuck and you are retarded

Don't use arch as your first distro OP. Use something noob-friendly with a decent installer such as ubuntu (or fedora, though I haven't tried it) and once you are comfortable, consider switching to arch.

Attached: Arch_Comic_1.png (650x4377, 871K)

Fedora is what you want

If that's the case I think I'll go with arch. My main concern was getting stuck and having no documentation to reference. Thanks for the suggestion.

What about Manjaro/Antegros? Arguably Pacman + an AUR manager is the easiest/most comfy Linux set up while also being (somewhat) minimal

The arch wiki is still god tier when you are not using arch btw.

Post op or pre op?

If you aren't retarded, get into command-line.
ranger is you friend.

Arch can be a pain to configure so if it doesn't work for you I recommend to install Manjaro which is Arch-based, it comes with GUI preinstalled.
And when you feel comfy you can install Arch

Do you game at all? If you do, I'd lean towards Pop!_OS, otherwise go with Fedora

>Pop!_OS
fuck off, go back to watching Linus Gay Tips
They dont know shit about good linux distro's
go arch or gentoo or get btfo'd

I was liking Pop!_OS before LTT even looked at Linux. It's a nice looking, noob-friendly distro. Why don't you fuck off, Arch faggot

Manjaro's not bad but there's very little noob documentation written for it by third parties. Stick with Ubuntu or something derived from it for your first. I started with Ubuntu 8.04 and now I'm a systems engineer at Amazon.

nani did you just say about me you little baka desu? watashi'll have you know watashi graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and watashi have been involved in numerous secret raids on haters of ARCH LINUX, and watashi have over san hyaku confirmed kiru desu. watashi wa trained in anime warfare and watashi wa the top otaku in all of Nihon desu. you are nothing to watashi but just another targetto desu. watashi will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this sekai, mark my fucking words desu. you think you can get away with that shit to me over the internet desu? Think again, baka desu. As we speak, watashi wa contacting my secret network of spies across all of Nihon and your IP is being trace right now so you better prepare for the storm, baka desu. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life desu. You're fucking dead, baka desu. Watashi can be anywhere, anytime, and watashi can kill you in over nana hyaku ways, and that's just with my bare hands desu. Not only am watashi extensively trained in unarmed combat, but watashi have access to the entire arsenal of the Nihongo's anime and watashi will use it to its full extent to wipe your baka ass off the face of the continent, you little baka desu. If only you could have know what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking dakimakura desu. But you couldn't, you didn't and now you're paying the price, you goddamn baka desu. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it desu. You're fucking dead, baka desu.

Attached: out.jpg (474x285, 25K)

Debian is honestly not good for beginners either, e.g sudo not being enabled by default or having to add proprietary repos

>use the os you explicitly told me you didn't want
did you even learn how to read in school you cunt?

A lot of it is just subjective OP. Part of what is cool about Linux is there is a lot of different things to choose from. Keep in mind how the OS LOOKS has nothing to do with the distro. That's the "desktop environment", or DE. Examples of DEs are KDE, gnome and XFCE.

Commonly recommended distros for beginners are Ubuntu, Mint, and Manjaro. Manjaro I've heard is not very good, like a buggier version of arch. Don't do something like arch or gentoo until you've used Linux for a bit. Never used Fedora, trying openSUSE tumbleweed out and I like it, its actually somewhat beginner friendly in some regards except that you need to download video codecs, no option to set hostname in install, and there is no sudo, it expects you to use su instead (using sudo would seem a good thing for a newbie to learn).

literally this

Attached: 1531521389995.gif (421x412, 165K)

>sudo not being enabled by default
Am I missing something here? I could "sudo" just fine with fresh install? Or am I so nub at this that I don't know what you're talking about?

I think he is referring to the fact that the debian installer prompts you for a root password. If you enter one, no other users are created. If you don't, the installer asks you to create a user account which will be added as a sudoer.

Not the guy you replied too, but it is an easy trap to fall into if you don't read carefully. AFAIK, ubuntu forces you to create a non-user by default.

don't use 'sudo' use 'doas' it's less bloat

Maybe it was this I don't remember it's been a while. I just remember having to manually give my account sudo privileges.

obsessed

Name a single distro maintained by trannies.

>>uses anime girl picture
since when anime girls mean tranny

Attached: cdd3faa7d4c4c88f85f68dc1dff103ef9dad5525fa43b61dbfc56071b7b4c417.png (376x283, 34K)

Just install arch, the programs you need and profitt. I'm on the same installation for 4 years now. no bugs so far

works for me

Attached: image.png (211x238, 48K)